HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
periperi
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:11 am

I'm sorry, but I agree. You can't compare their situations. Mao's been competing all season long, has gone through some very painful competitions; she fought back only to have Worlds relocated because of a horrific natural disaster inflicted upon her country. Something happened between that and Worlds, but Mao's health definitely suffered from it. Come on. And this isn't about Mao being a girl. Men also have feelings (as obvious as that sounds) and something like this can devastate any human being.

Anyways. I really hope Mao keeps her long. It's just that program I long dearly to see skated cleanly.

Last edited by periperi on Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:13 am

maofan93 wrote:
I really hope Mao keeps her LP for next season so she can work to perfect it without have to take time away from her training to work on a new LP. However, a new SP is desperately needed - and it should resemble her 07 and 08 SPs more than her 09 and 10 SPs. Perhaps Japanese music for the SP? Maybe something modern like Oda? She is headed in the right direction, but I think she needs some rest (and food poor BB was so frail out there!). I am excited to see this not-so-good season over, and I actually hope Mao does not do the Japan Open next year. Every year she has done it, with the exception of 06 and 08, she has skated far below her best, and it is an extra competition that just tires her out and is not necessary. She is still seeded - and we can only hope she gets the same GPs as Kostner!

I rather hope Mao have two brand new programs. Leibestraum is lovely but a little too expected. I feel Mao needs music with more of a wow factor. And I pray, pray, pray that she never goes to TAT again for competitive programs or costumes! Drama! I wish she would seek choreography advice from Yuka Sato or Miyamoto. I think it'll do Mao good to look for different choreographers in the future. Also, I hope her team rethinks about including the 3A in the SP from now on. It has hurt her more than it has helped unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:13 am

I'm not disappointed by Mao's standing or score or performance at all because we know why Mao didn't do well. She wasn't in her good form at all. Although we don't know what's wrong with her and I'm concerned about her weight loss and health, but it's obvious Mr. and Mrs. Sato know the reason. I'm sure they will take a good care of her.

I'm also worried if Mao wants to skate at a charity event. If she is not healthy, she shouldn't force her.

About next season short program, I want her to skate nocturne again. I know it sounds silly. Sweatdrop But, I do love this program and I want to see it performed improved Mao.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lee

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:17 am

I didn't see the clip of Yuna crying, but I did watch her performance and after her skate, it did seem like she already wanted to cry and my impression was she really felt the song since it is a Homage to Korea. So, I think she just got too deep into the song.
I rewatched Mao's performance on YT and it wasn't for the popped Sal, it was pretty good. Somehow on the live feed it made her seem slow. For me Mao is the true comeback queen. With all she endured this season- all those falls!!, she's on the right track.
But did anyone notice that her leg was acting weird? I swear there was some part in the choreo
where she she should lift her leg but she swiftly changes it into another move. I hope she's not injured...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Afsfan
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:20 am

Guys, I know that we are all disappoint for Mao especially for her UNDERSCORE PCS and we all can have emotion and can be angry, but it is the judge to blame not Yuna. She may has an attitude that we don't like, and we think she is overscore but it is really not rightful to do the same thing to her as nasty Yuna- bot did to Mao after Vancouver.

FS is really getting ugly this time, I'm so happy for Miki and she truly deserve the title but from the score in this competition I see politik. It like Miki and Mao switch their place this season. This is ugly, the score should be giver because of performance not reputation or who is number in the team. I feel like ISU make a deal that Chan will win LP and Arthur will be push toward podium. Russia will not make podium in dance and One Japanese lady will win gold or silver depend on Yuna performance and Russia will get 3 spot next year.

Sad!
But congrat Miki,you truly deserve it. Now I have to prepare for all those nasty comment that will be made toward her on youtube and other forum.

And next season Mao will rock FS world again with 2 3A and 2 3-3 combos!

One thing I wonder is how dose Japanese feel toward Shin Amano?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:26 am

Lee wrote:
But did anyone notice that her leg was acting weird? I swear there was some part in the choreo
where she she should lift her leg but she swiftly changes it into another move. I hope she's not injured...

I noticed at the beginning of the footwork... her right leg seemed a bit weird and since she does hal her step sequence solely on that leg... her knee wobbled a bit on the first move too
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:33 am

0O

Well am sorry -
Why does it have to be when Mao cries - she is a sore loser! (remember the 1000 videos on YT claiming she is one followed by 2000 bots commenting on how she can't accept to lose!)

But when the Queen cries - Oh she is just tired - Poor thing was so stressed - It happens!
YEAH right double standard!?

I mean - I know we are all rational fans of Mao! We don't jump around other forums and YT claiming that we found the skating queen - and she is perfect! Or that no one beats her!...

I am sorry - She cried! She did! That does not make her a loser - But she simply cried because she is not satisfied from her performance/medal - Let's just admit it!
Maybe when she'll see it again - she'll love what she did! I mean silver is as good as gold!!
If she doesn't then she'll be a loser!...
Mao did accept her silver medal - At the spur - It happens to be unsatisfied with what happens - But afterwards you accept it! Like Mao did!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:34 am

Thanks for the link to British Eurosports.

I rewatched the K&C part and used headset to catch what Kumiko sensei and Mao was talking. Kumiko sensei said something to Mao, which I couldn't catch and then Mao said something like "it might be the best one so far" and then Nobuo sensei laughed and said something like "if it had more speed it should've been ok."

I think the reason why I'm not upset at all is because three of them looked positive in K&C. They are calm and didn't look disappointed at all. Sato sensei looks confident and positive about Mao.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
periperi
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:34 am

chiyori wrote:
Lee wrote:

I noticed at the beginning of the footwork... her right leg seemed a bit weird and since she does hal her step sequence solely on that leg... her knee wobbled a bit on the first move too

I noticed that too, but I didn't really give it much thought. I hope she's not injured. Although, it does it bring up something that had been bothering me but seemed to disappear as soon as it was brought up. Wasn't Mao suffering from leg pain when landing her jumps earlier in the season? She was very quiet about it and was reassuring during the interview that it wasn't anything serious, I believe. Knowing how quiet she is with this stuff it's a bit worrying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Okay just watched Kim's FS. Her dress is lovely but not what I expected for this piece.

I think the performance was better than the one she gave at last years Worlds, however I felt her speed was not up to her level today and her spins were quite slow. And her positions on her layback and spiral are just not pretty. She seemed much faster in practice. I don't know I felt in some places, her speed was similar to Mao and Alissa and usually Kim skates pretty fast. The program is better than Giselle but it was not that amazing as I had thought. Alissa's freeskate is the better one. Her PCS was pretty high for that freeskate but expected since they gave Miki high marks as well. I dunno. I miss the days when skaters actually had to work hard to get in the 60 range.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:38 am

alyssa wrote:
Yuna cried? Laugh
Tasting the poison baby?
Forgive me but I'm eager to see the videos calling her a crybaby and how she's a shame to all siver medalists in the world.

EXACTLY. I probably wouldn't even notice Yuna crying if not for all those youtube videos attacking Mao after Olympics. I was so sick reading those comments, and obnoxious yuna fans had no problem openly enjoying Mao's sadness. So no, I don't feel bad about Yuna crying for one second because of what her supporters wrote about Mao.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yunamao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:45 am

Congratulation to Miki she really deserves it! flower
Mao I'm so proud of her, even when she' not at her best. Obviously there is indeed something wrong because she was so ready at 4cc. Now she absolutly needs to rest and eat. Taka-chan must cook yakiniku for her! Too sweet!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://yunamao-.tumblr.com/
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:47 am

Miki: Dance Dance YESSSSSS Dance

I wanted Alissa third, but Carolina is good too. They both nearly retired last season and only stayed because they love skating so much.
This was a beautiful program from Carolina, I think she deserved it.

I like Arirang program from Yuna much better than Gisel, I wouldn't mind if she comes back full time next season and skate it to its full potential.

And I hope Mr. Sato will give Mao a long vacation, maybe she could go to Hawaii with Mai again? That would be so good for her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:48 am

Just because obsessed Yuna fans made those horrible videos of Mao in Vancouver doesn't mean we have to be happy that Yuna cried. Let's be reasonable! Yuna also worked hard for this championship like any other athlete. It's only natural to be disappointed when you don't perform your best. I don't care for Yuna's supporters but about her, as an athlete. Yes, her scores were inflated, yes, Miki deserved a bigger lead, but that's not the point. She wanted to perform well for her country and she didn't. The media will eat her alive now. How could someone be happy for that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:49 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5icvVbMEo10&p=1777E85DD1CFA17F
at 0.08
I believe its Polasatik's banner for Mao! The one she drew herself! Smile cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:49 am

Lady_in_black wrote:
Just because obsessed Yuna fans made those horrible videos of Mao in Vancouver doesn't mean we have to be happy that Yuna cried. Let's be reasonable! Yuna also worked hard for this championship like any other athlete. It's only natural to be disappointed when you don't perform your best. I don't care for Yuna's supporters but about her, as an athlete. Yes, her scores were inflated, yes, Miki deserved a bigger lead, but that's not the point. She wanted to perform well for her country and she didn't. The media will eat her alive now. How could someone be happy for that?

I am not happy that she cried but I don't feel for her either. I don't care.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
goldmao

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:55 am

No one's happy about Yu Na crying, I mean I guess no one on this forum is that childish... I just wrote what I wrote because I couldn't and still can't understand why she cried really...but she can cry as much as she wants, I couldn't care less... I just hope the judges will adjust Yu na's scores to those of the other skaters more an more because favoring Yu Na doesn't help the fairness of the sport xP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yunamao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:55 am

BTW I just realised, it's the 2nd time that Miki win a world title after an olympic year Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://yunamao-.tumblr.com/
dlnnyc
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:57 am

linglang wrote:
dlnnyc wrote:
linglang wrote:
People cry when they are released from so much stress too. The reason she cried may be a spontaneous physiological reaction, not emotional one.

YES... a release... I think the release is emotional. Yuna and Mao both had a difficult year in different ways. New coaches, new training... for Mao her country having one of the worst natural catastrophes in recent history. Lots of pressure to release.

No it's not equal. I'm sorry if I'm wrong but I dare say if you a man you don't understand girls.

i didnt say it was equal.. but they did have a difficult year.. many changes, diff. pressures.. thats all. yes i am a man but i do understand girls.. women.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:58 am

Miki's and Yuna's by british commentators?
Anyone has uploaded them?
Thanks in advance Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:00 am

My reaction at seeing Yuna's PCS again:

Sorry... saw this yesterday and had to use it somewhere... too perfect!

I was totally expecting it but it's so unfair that other skaters like Miki, Taka, Mao, Alyssa and even CaroK with her unequaled speed and SS see their PCS drop more or less significantly when they're lackluster, while skaters like "Queen" Yuna and PChiddy can underperform and look uninspired and still rake in 9+.

The only slightly positive thing about her marks is that her GOEs weren't "quite" as outrageous this time (well except the judge who gave +1 on her 1F... dude no...). Some of the judges did find the +1 button on their screen this time. The GOE on her 3-3 is very high considering it wasn't kinda lacking compared to last year but looking at the protocols, judges seem to have gone wild with every 3-3 that was landed (except Kanako's... burn in hell Amano!).

Last edited by chiyori on Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:00 am

Thank you bibi and aoi88 for answering my question earlier!! Many Hearts

I left to have dinner with my family and upon my word, a lot seemed to have happened within a 1.5 hour time range. Too sweet!

Thank you for posting the British Eurosports' coverage on Mao's FS!!

Congratulations Miki!!! Am very very happy for Japan. Love Hearts

Mao really seemed to have improved her speed and flow drastically because there were actually times that I wondered if the rink shrunk... She moves on the ice much more effortlessly than last season.

But that botched spin is a glaring error that screams SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH MAO. I know she saved it with the strength of her training. This is completely out of character for Mao. Concentration is one of Mao's greatest attributes. It is what earned her first World Title in 2008 in the first place.

And the clumsy way she executes the choreography, failing to hit the right notes with her moves during the step sequence (usually where she throws herself into the music no matter how she did in other earlier elements)... I get the impression that her body isn't moving the way her mind is telling it to. She was on auto-pilot in certain parts of the program. Her body kind of remembers what it should do but her mind seems elsewhere. Or the other way around.

This is just my personal observation. It's not meant to be criticism. Just comprehending what's happening aloud.

She looks emotionally completely spent but relieved at the end of the program. That was a sweet moment in the K and C; love the warm and supportive team Mao has behind her.

One more note: I felt oddly dissatisfied about Lori's choreography for Mao at the beginning of the season because I felt she took an easy way out with the arrangement and the vision of the program. I felt Mao deserved more than a stereotypical program.

Then 4CC came and for the first time, the program felt complete has a coherent artistic voice. Mao, for the first time, seems to be taking command of the program and moves with a sense of ease and sureness that she lacked before. And now watching it for the second time at Worlds, I truly believe that Lori really did give Mao a thoughtful and amazing program - a real chance to create her own Mao Asada moment on the ice.

As for Yuna, I heard that they were actually tears of joy, not of disappointment. (Was it the universal sports' tweet?) She was reportedly very happy with her silver. Maybe the reports were misled?

As someone who got teary-eyed when a friend offered me a piece of sandwich (off-handedly) at the end of a very very trying day, I'd say that pent-up stress and emotions have a way of creeping up to you in unexpected ways when you are suddenly released from the situation or fatigued physically.

Last edited by snowdrops24 on Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:02 am

aoi88 wrote:
I rather hope Mao have two brand new programs. Leibestraum is lovely but a little too expected. I feel Mao needs music with more of a wow factor. And I pray, pray, pray that she never goes to TAT again for competitive programs or costumes! Drama! I wish she would seek choreography advice from Yuka Sato or Miyamoto. I think it'll do Mao good to look for different choreographers in the future. Also, I hope her team rethinks about including the 3A in the SP from now on. It has hurt her more than it has helped unfortunately.

Yep!

Yes! Yes! Yes! I would love Mao to skate to music with undulations, surges and swelling! Keeping in mind that Sochi is her goal- it'd be very beneficial for her to venture out and explore. Collaborating with different choreographers can add even more depth to the artistry she already possesses.

I love the idea of her working with Miyamoto or even Camerlengo! It'd be so much fun to see Mao portray a character like Daisuke did! flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:04 am

I don't think the pressures and difficulties of Mao and Yuna are very similar. Yuna took a long extended break from competition. I guess that does add to pressure but it's of her own choice. And I really don't see what's so incredible about it. I mean Michelle was the pioneer of that strategy and did it much better than her. Wink Although, even the Kween wasn't as priviledged as Miss Kim to skip Nationals. As for her relocation and split from her coach. That's also of her own doing.
Mao had a much rougher season. She didn't take any rest. And then when she was finally recovering her form, a natural disaster happened in her home country. Mao had to deal with things that were just out of her control. IMO. There's no way their situations can be compared.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:09 am

Please dont be so rude about Yuna, its not her fault that the judges gave her so many points! And i think she wasnt crying from disappointment about the Silver medal, but disappointed cause she couldnt show the best performance, that was meant to honour her country! I guess so at least~

ALso it was her first event of the season, so i think it was pretty good though! Mao on her first event wasnt to mention either!

Btw, are there some pics of the nw champion already?

Last edited by Haidogirl on Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   

Back to top Go down

World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next