HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
jkblues
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sun May 01, 2011 10:01 am

this photo is so cute http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2011/05/01/gazo/G20110501000735670.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sun May 01, 2011 10:54 am

well, about of weider thing may be is Mao being stubborn like always Rolling Eyes , because forget about weider, what about her family?, I am sure that her mom, dad or mai noted the thing and said her but she sometimes doesnt listen, like now Sato avised not to do 3A and she did it.
about Yuna ex, yes she looked angry, weird.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maofan93
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sun May 01, 2011 11:07 am

I just hope she actually takes some time off and gets back to her normal self again. I hope her GPs are late this year, instead of the early ones she usually gets so her off-season can be extended as long as possible. This has been a rough year for her, and I really hope she takes time to pick out good music/choreo/costume choices that work for HER. Yes, her programs should challenge her, but they should also play up her strengths - soft knees, excellent posture, flexibility, etc. Maybe a spiral leading into a 2A like in Caprices, or a split jump like in Ballade. I also think that Mao should bring back the classical layback position next year (leave enough time for spins please!) because she is one of the few women in the world who actually hits a nice position. Finally, I hope she can have some fun out there next year, the way she does in her EXs. If she can skate freely with no worries, she won't be so tense and under-rotate and this will help with the speed. I realize this is not the right place to post this, but I don't really care. These are my thoughts Smile

chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sun May 01, 2011 12:02 pm

Has Alissa ever worn a dress that was not perfect? Her black exhibition dress is so gorgeous I could cry. Mao should definitely have a look at her designer.

About Weider, weren't they the "experts" who allowed Mao to endanger her health by dropping her body fat percentage to 7% to keep her 3A? That was frikin' dangerous!! I still cringe thinking of her scrawny legs at the Olys... her medal was bigger than she was! I admit that Mao is very stubborn where her 3A is concerned and would probably have taken matters into her own hands so maybe supporting her was the right thing to do instead of letting her do things on her own and get worse results (like things seem to have played out this time), but still...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sun May 01, 2011 12:07 pm

Went to the forums right away- I cannot take the suspense!

Anyway, first of all, congratulations to Miki, Yuna and Carolina for making it to the podium! This Worlds is very bizarre but what the heck. Let's not spoil the fun of the victors!

And then there is Mao. I'm just gonna keep it short since 20+ hours of flight tired me out and I'm gonna be sleeping after a little while. Unconscious Hope you guys don't mind!

Anyway, when I heard that Mao was in 6th place, I was shocked. Again, the judging proved fatal to her... But I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I watched the video and Mao looked fragile, delicate, as if she was really struggling...And it was still beautiful. And I guess there was a story in that program, no matter how uninspired and imperfect it was. After receiving her scores, she looked very calm and unfazed.

Knowing what a rough season this was, I was just very thankful that Mao gave it her best. With this season officially over, I can now say that it can only get better. Her next moves should include continuity of her jump technique improvement, working on consistency and hopefully, a search for a new choreographer. I'm sure she can come back and show a better performance next season. In the meantime, she needs to rest and focus on herself before going back to rigorous training.

Also, Mao not making any excuses or revealing her weight loss, emotional baggage, etcetera is very moving. I think she is the type of person who doesn't want to worry anyone, and would always focus on herself even if the situation is bad. This is one of the reasons why I admire Mao so much.

To those people who are discussing Yuna's tears, it would be more respectful to not speculate too much about it. We're classy people and if she cries, then let her be. It's not like we're the type to make a youtube video highlighting her crying moment for the rest of the world to see, right? Who, me?

And finally, this video that was posted earlier...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4ex_EqXIZ0

Doesn't it show how humble Mao is? Wub
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jkblues
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sun May 01, 2011 12:11 pm

at the end, yesterday i was really sad for Mao, But today im releaved, knowing that Mao did the best she could and thinking about her resting,eating and having fun.
i wanted to see her exibition, but i dont care anymore i want her to be away for a while and recover from this difficult season, about this what makes me happy is that i think Mao will become even more stronger just seeing her reactions after the LP hope (im sure)Mai take good care of her =)

and ive just watched Yu Na exibition, OMG i read your opinion some post above, but i coudnt imagine it was that bad.
I felt sad for her, it looks like if she was obligated to skate, if there were and injury true or not she could said she will not skate or, skate but not look so apathetic in the rink. At the podium was the same and today i think in some moment it was even rude with the public, not eve a little smile, dont know , i hope Yu Na can focus and learn from this worlds, but not retiring please, i like to see her skating.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sun May 01, 2011 12:11 pm

chiyori wrote:
Has Alissa ever worn a dress that was not perfect? Her black exhibition dress is so gorgeous I could cry. Mao should definitely have a look at her designer.

About Weider, weren't they the "experts" who allowed Mao to endanger her health by dropping her body fat percentage to 7% to keep her 3A? That was frikin' dangerous!! I still cringe thinking of her scrawny legs at the Olys... her medal was bigger than she was! I admit that Mao is very stubborn where her 3A is concerned and would probably have taken matters into her own hands so maybe supporting her was the right thing to do instead of letting her do things on her own and get worse results (like things seem to have played out this time), but still...

Yes, I know. No But what I don't understand is the correlation between being super thin and rotating her axels. I mean she needs power and strength to rotate a 3A. She won't be able to do that if she is so super thin. And her jumping peak was in 2008 where she clearly had more body fat and appeared sturdier. Okay, I'm not an expert but hearing what Pochi said about the peaking strategy disturbed me a little. It gave out shades of what people with an eating disorder would do. I would never think Mao would go that route but I am worried that she may be misguided by these "experts". Drama!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sun May 01, 2011 12:41 pm

aoi88 wrote:

Quote :

Yes, I know. No But what I don't understand is the correlation between being super thin and rotating her axels. I mean she needs power and strength to rotate a 3A. She won't be able to do that if she is so super thin. And her jumping peak was in 2008 where she clearly had more body fat and appeared sturdier.

Please don't worry that much! Body fat percentage has very little to do with weight, in fact body builders among the people with the lowest body fat percentage, and they are anything but frail! Muscles are heavier than fat, actually.

A lot of figure skaters aim to decrease their body fat percentage - they want to have strong, lean muscles to propell them upwards, and as low body fat as possible to spin faster in the air. IIRC Nobunari once said that he has 5% fat percentage during the off-season, but has to lower that to 3% to be able to jump quads.

Loosing /too much/ weight is dangerous because when there's no fat to sustain it, the human organism starts "eating" muscles, and in result people get weaker. This is what happened to Mao, it seems. But I wouldn't put too much blame on Weider. It's possible that Makino and Kokoro were somehow affected by the postponing of the World Championships (i.e. had contracts with someone else), or that they were affected by the Earthquake. It's possible that Mao herself was mentally affected by the earthquake and made her lose weight (happens often to me when I'm really stressed out by something).

I think she did really well considering her circumstances.

That said, I really hope she'll get late GP events in the upcoming season - she needs to rest and I would love her to work with Nagakubo again (if it's possible). Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sun May 01, 2011 12:53 pm

I know Okami and I agree that athletes are different but we can't really compare Nobu and Mao because men have significantly lower "healthy" body fat than women. The average body fat for a normal woman would be somewhere between 15 and 21%, while for a normal man, it's 9 to 15%. I'm aware that athletes have lower body fat but 7% is still very low for a woman. Most grids I've been able to find about this recommend a BF percentage of 10 to 15% for female athletes, though it varies a little between disciplines (like basketball players have significantly higher %). With that little fat, I'm convinced that Mao's period stopped for a while and that can be very detrimental to her in the long run.

ETA: Actually, the lowest BF% I can find for female athletes is 10%.

Lol... I've just started watching whatever Ex programs are available right now... wth is CaroK wearing??!! The program is awesome but I can't really enjoy it cause I keep getting distracted by that hairy black diaper she's wearing... Taka-chan was awesome too, despite the little mistakes and the almost-trip lol. I can't stop watching the Shibs too... lots of people are saying that their programs are simple but they're soooo beautiful!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sun May 01, 2011 1:11 pm

Yes, I remember hearing that the 7% percent thing could affect things like pregnancies in the future. No I really don't want to blame anyone but there is sufficient reason to at least suspect the logic of her training team. It's quite common for so called "experts" to give the wrong advice because it's so easy to mislead people when they trust your professional knowledge. Since Mao joined Weider, she has become noticeably thinner as each season passes. At first, I thought this could be a loss of baby fat as a girl matures but she was very thin at the Olympics and Worlds last year. She was also very fragile here. Certainly, the psychological stress didn't help her condition but the patterns does seem to suggest that her team adopts a "peaking" strategy for big events that causes her to become very thin. And I just don't think that is a very healthy strategy. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sun May 01, 2011 1:26 pm

I agree with chiyori, while I wouldn't worry about Mao for the long term, as hopefully she'll get back to her eating ways, 7% is still a bit low for females.

Females should be at least 5% higher than males in terms of body fat.

And fat is essential to the function of our bodies. In females, this is estimated to be around 10%. Without this fat, our bodies have difficulties carrying out their normal functions.

Without enough fat, and without enough nutrient intake (as with Mao since she wasn't eating much), we begin to lose much needed muscle mass. Then, the spiral goes on and the person can develop ketoacidosis etc etc.

I would also not be surprised if Mao has not had regular menstruation, but perhaps her body has gotten used to it.

I hope that Mao will get better personal trainers who can stay with her and travel with her (like Makino used to do- he was so awesome, I miss him!) She needs a good team of support around her.

Finally, I'm glad that Mao is not so emotionally affected by her placement. And she shouldn't be! When something serious like a natural disaster happens, it really puts our lives into perspective. I was surprised at how indifferent I was this time as well about placements and scores etc. (may because it was so screwed up that it was pointless for me to care Rolling Eyes ).

I'm looking forward to the future and next seasons- More Mao programs! Yay! And more exhibition skates! It reminds me that I care about Mao the skater more than anything else. Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sun May 01, 2011 1:28 pm

Just watched Yuna's Ex... Damn something is wrong... Every time the camera focuses on her face, she looks like she'd rather be anywhere else or like she'll burst into tears. Smile, darling!!

Also not sure about how the see-through effect on Miki's whole dress puts so much emphasis on the white "panties", but the top part is the best thing I've ever seen her wear... Complex but understated... gorgeous.

ETA: about Yuna, was she also not in the finale? I can't see her... Something is definitely wrong...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sun May 01, 2011 2:03 pm

Someone said that Mao grew taller this season- is that true?

Or is it just because her legs are thinner so it made her seem taller? Question

Recent News:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6N3J4VNh1I&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Mao, Kanako, Taka and other skaters collecting messages for Japan.

One of the Chinese forum members got to talk to Mao and gave her a gift along with a message cheering for her. After she signed her name in the book, Mao said "xiexie" in Chinese (which means Thank you). How sweet Wub

Apparently Mao said in an interview that she wanted to deliver her best performance to cheer the people of Japan up, but could not do that at the end, but she will keep on going and try her best to cheer on Japan.

Aww Mao's messages are so warming...Don't worry Mao, you have been such an inspiration this season!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sun May 01, 2011 2:35 pm

chiyori wrote:

10% is the lowest BF for a female with a typical body build. People with endomorphic body build are capable of having naturally lower body fat percentages without being negatively affected. Mao has endomorphic body build, so low BFP is not that unusual. The sudden loss of weight is and it should be adressed by her current nutricioner.

I don't think that Mao suffers from long-term problems with weight. The strict diet before Olympics was worrying, but with the old technique it was perhaps the only way for Mao to land her jumps. If you review her performances, her jumps used to be quite "up-and-down", and the thinner she was, the easier it was for her to rotate.

But this season her jumps started getting more and more ice coverage. 3A in the LP, 3F-3L and 2A-3T in the warm-up, even 2A in the 2A-3T combo - they all had excellent ice coverage. So did the 2A-3T during the first warm-up at Worlds. I don't think Mao would be able to sustain good enough form to make so much improvement with her jumps if she was starving herself. If you remember Midori's and Akiko's skates back from the days when they struggled with eating disorders, both of the ladies became frail and injury-prone, and their performances were far from clean, which proved that not only their performances but also their training was negatively affected. And, what's important, their problem wasn't noticed by their coaches until it was too late, and I'm pretty sure they had no nutritionist at all.

Mao lacked power, but she still skated pretty clean, showed no sign of injury and her first practice showed improvement as far as her 2A-3T is concerned. What's more, her loss of weight was noticed by her coach. I'm pretty sure the problem will get adressed as soon as Mao gets back to Japan. Not to mention the whole team will probably stuff themselves with pirozki or yakiniku to celebrate Mimi's and Taka's medals. Smile

In other news, YuNa apparently suffers from an ankle injury. Sad This just shows how easy it is to get injured in this sport... pale
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sun May 01, 2011 2:39 pm

sapphiresky wrote:

Recent News:

One of the Chinese forum members got to talk to Mao and gave her a gift along with a message cheering for her. After she signed her name in the book, Mao said "xiexie" in Chinese (which means Thank you). How sweet Wub

Apparently Mao said in an interview that she wanted to deliver her best performance to cheer the people of Japan up, but could not do that at the end, but she will keep on going and try her best to cheer on Japan.

Aww Mao's messages are so warming...Don't worry Mao, you have been such an inspiration this season!

How sweet Smile !!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sun May 01, 2011 2:42 pm

Now, after everything is over and watching some post LP videos I finally found myself crying a bit. I guess I was too excited about Miki beating Yuna that I hadn't realised Mao's final placement. Sad

I hope this WC teaches her a lesson. I know she always goes for the challenge and I really admire her for that, but there are moments in which we have to be reasonable and go for the easier path. She should have considered her situation (losing weight, apparently a bit depressed) and gone for a 2A in the SP at least. Had she done it out of a spread eagle maybe she could have gotten some good points in both TES and PCs. That would've kept her cool and maybe her 3F could've been perfect. She should feel better and more excited about the LP and even messing a bit the 3A there wouldn't hurt so much her score like it does in the SP. She could have a medal now.

Mao's just too stubborn. I'm afraid she may be thinking she's nothing without 3A and that worries me a lot. Yep, Sadly

Keep it up, Mao!
We love you. Love Hearts

PS: This is gonna be a loooong off season again. I'd better work on some videos to entertain myself. Razz

"Beauty pleases the eyes only; Sweetness of disposition charms the soul" ~ Voltaire
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sun May 01, 2011 2:45 pm

sapphiresky wrote:

Recent News:

In this video, Mao looks much closer to Taka-chan in height than before though we don't know what kind of shoes she's wearing (not high heels for sure with that outfit but maybe thicker soled trainers). Taka-chan is 170 cm according to Wiki and his ISU profile. Maybe she grew or maybe it's an illusion caused by the fact that her already very long legs (so jealous of her every time) look even longer because she's been slimmer these past two seasons. Plus she looks like a giant next to Narumi in that vid, but Narumi is teeny! In the final shot, she looks taller than Kanako but not by that much so I'm thinking it's just an illusion and she is still around 163-164.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sun May 01, 2011 2:48 pm

What does Miki say here ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5F1IPoHpKU&feature=feedu thank you so much Smile
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sun May 01, 2011 2:52 pm

Okami wrote:
chiyori wrote:

10% is the lowest BF for a female with a typical body build. People with endomorphic body build are capable of having naturally lower body fat percentages without being negatively affected. Mao has endomorphic body build, so low BFP is not that unusual. The sudden loss of weight is and it should be adressed by her current nutricioner.

I don't think that Mao suffers from long-term problems with weight. The strict diet before Olympics was worrying, but with the old technique it was perhaps the only way for Mao to land her jumps. If you review her performances, her jumps used to be quite "up-and-down", and the thinner she was, the easier it was for her to rotate.

But this season her jumps started getting more and more ice coverage. 3A in the LP, 3F-3L and 2A-3T in the warm-up, even 2A in the 2A-3T combo - they all had excellent ice coverage. So did the 2A-3T during the first warm-up at Worlds. I don't think Mao would be able to sustain good enough form to make so much improvement with her jumps if she was starving herself. If you remember Midori's and Akiko's skates back from the days when they struggled with eating disorders, both of the ladies became frail and injury-prone, and their performances were far from clean, which proved that not only their performances but also their training was negatively affected. And, what's important, their problem wasn't noticed by their coaches until it was too late, and I'm pretty sure they had no nutritionist at all.

Mao lacked power, but she still skated pretty clean, showed no sign of injury and her first practice showed improvement as far as her 2A-3T is concerned. What's more, her loss of weight was noticed by her coach. I'm pretty sure the problem will get adressed as soon as Mao gets back to Japan. Not to mention the whole team will probably stuff themselves with pirozki or yakiniku to celebrate Mimi's and Taka's medals. Smile

In other news, YuNa apparently suffers from an ankle injury. Sad This just shows how easy it is to get injured in this sport... pale

Okami, you're always so optimistic! But I can't help being skeptical of a few things. Actually, I'm not sure if Mao isn't suffering from a minor injury here because some here have noticed there was something wrong with her leg during her freeskate. I don't think it's unlikely that Mao has suffered her fair share of injuries over the years. She's just not the type to publicize these things unlike other skaters. And before Sato, she was mostly training by herself so who knows what she was going through during those times. However, I do agree that she seems to have recovered a bit in terms of weight since the Olympics. Sadly, she became so frail again at Worlds this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luckyone
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sun May 01, 2011 3:31 pm

bibi wrote:
What does Miki say here ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5F1IPoHpKU&feature=feedu thank you so much Smile
she said : "The results of my skating (For many (alot) of people to smile when I return to Japan)", sorry I am not sure what "という気持ちで滑らせてもらえた", means but I can barely tell is something like I want them to cheer up or something like that.
At the last she says something about the encore she made was dedicated to japan and all what they are suffering.
Hope someone can translate it better Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sun May 01, 2011 3:57 pm

thanks Luckyone Smile
Back to top Go down
Luckyone
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sun May 01, 2011 4:03 pm

does anyone has miki EX???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luckyone
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sun May 01, 2011 4:21 pm

bibi wrote:
thanks Luckyone Smile
your welcome
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skfan
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sun May 01, 2011 4:26 pm

Luckyone wrote:
does anyone has miki EX???

from GS
Miki's Gala Exhibition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5nNBnC3y7A

thank you aoi88 and Spacey for the warm welcome. i really loved miki's exhibition. i've always liked miki a lot, but my fondness of her skating is starting to catch up to my fondness for miki the person.

the discussion about losing weight as part of the strategy to land jumps at worlds worries me. i'm reading on some other board that mao lost as much as 10 kilograms? it's 10 pounds, which is closer to 5 to 7 kilos, not 10 kilograms, right?

actually even that sounds like a lot of weight loss to me.

is that TRULY necessary to rotate jumps? i remember admiring yuka sato a lot--and yuka was never built super willowy like yeonah and mao--yet her jumps had flow and never struck me as terribly cheated.

i said i wouldn't talk much about the scoring system, but hearing about the extreme measures mao and other athletes have been taking makes me feel very disheartened. i hope i'm wrong, but i really feel that this sport may be damaging its athletes, its star attractions if it rewards exclusively (or to this extent) how many degrees out of 360 you complete, rather than other aspects of figure skating. of course i don't want cheating on the order of sarah hughes either, but how about rewarding an ina bauer well done, or rewarding mao for having the most stellar spin position of anybody, now that sasha cohen has retired? i mean, who out there beside mao has one of those legs pulled up, upright-split spins that i find aesthetic? yes alissa has fast spins but her camel spins, and even her I spin, i find much less aesthetic than mao's. mao makes COP sit spins (which i generally find hideous and stupid looking) look attractive! or rewarding skaters for altering their spins from one year to the next--everybody knows that yeonah is going to do that I spin which i just frankly find unaesthetic at the end of her programs--let's have her get some extra points for ending it on a scratch spin that's as fast as a blur this year instead of an I spin like last year. then the following year she can go back to her I spin Smile

i don't know, perhaps that will damage an athlete's body as well--i am not a sports medicine doctor, but this just breaks my heart. it is no doubt naive, but i don't want to find out that an athlete's strategy for landing jumps involves losing weight to make yourself lighter. the super thin, heck, even anorexic ladies in pairs makes the discipline difficult to watch for me these days.

i am saddened to hear of yeonah's injury as well, and of course i'm also pissed off that cinquanta laughed while daisuke had difficulty with his skate blade. ok, i must end rant for now... dinner's on the table Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sun May 01, 2011 4:29 pm

aoi88 wrote:
Okami wrote:
chiyori wrote:

Okami, you're always so optimistic! But I can't help being skeptical of a few things. Actually, I'm not sure if Mao isn't suffering from a minor injury here because some here have noticed there was something wrong with her leg during her freeskate. I don't think it's unlikely that Mao has suffered her fair share of injuries over the years. She's just not the type to publicize these things unlike other skaters. And before Sato, she was mostly training by herself so who knows what she was going through during those times. However, I do agree that she seems to have recovered a bit in terms of weight since the Olympics. Sadly, she became so frail again at Worlds this year.

aoi, you know well that I'm more on the optimistic side like Okami usually about Mao, but this time...I do think everyone around Mao should reconsider some of the strategies they've been aiming at this season which have failed alot. And although I thought Mao was just in bad condition when I saw her SP, when I saw her FP, I couldn't help feeling there is something very unusual about her. Even in some of the worst of her conditions like Worlds 2 seasons ago, she always performed her FP with much more fighting spirit, and the one thing she never lost until now was focus. But she didn't have that focus this time when she skated her FP, and that made me feel so uneasy along with the fact about loosing too much weight all of a sudden and stuff. It really didn't feel like the Mao I know...she looked weak and fragile, and simply very tired. And during the interview they did right after her performance was over on Japanese tv, she looked much better than she did on ice, in the sense that she looked happy and simply relieved it was over. That's also not like her because she's usually so upset when she can't perform that good. It was as if she was sure that she couldn't have done any better this time. I think this might be the first time Mao actually skated with no hopes of winning at all. And that is just so not her! Plus even if it's okay for her to lose fat, I think that's only okay if she replaces it with a certain amount of muscles, and obviously she didn't seem like she had enough of that either. I'm really interested in what the Weider team will be saying in their next video on Mao. I think they should drop the whole attitude of trying to create an artificial peak too much. It's probabaly impossible for a skater to peak in all the competitions she enters every year, so Mao should always think about keeping her strength and stamina above all things, in case she has to enter a competition without peaking as they've planned her to. If she has at least strength and stamina, she'll at least be able to feel strong and positive even if she's not in perfect condition. I think that's exactly what Miki had been doing this whole season, and one of the reasons she won the World title. Miki is probabaly the only female skater right now who won't melt down the 5 jumps in the latter half of her FP. Her FP was brilliantly calculated to earn scores, so maybe she won mostly by strategy. But the fact is, Miki had the stamina and mental strength and knew that she can manage those jumps, even when she wasn't in such good condition that she had to avoid her 3-3s. Mao should learn alot from how Miki fought her way through this season. Mao does not need to be and cannot be in perfect condition all the time. She only has to figure a way to control herself both physically and mentally when she's not in perfect condition. I'm sure she can do it, but I'm not sure if she's with the right people now to accomplish that. I think that an experienced coach like Sato sending out one of his pupils in such bad condition doesn't happen that often. The whole team should really think again about what was wrong this season. Yep, Sadly

Btw aoi, it seems Lu Chen wrote in her blog about ladies' SP in anger that the judges were only giving high scores for Yuna's reputation! So happy she has joined the list of former champions being pissed off by the judges! It's becoming so obvious what the judges are doing these days, I think most ex-skaters feel the same even if they don't say it out loud. Rolling Eyes

Mao's Guradian Angels (Facebook):To join plz contact me via PM
Mao Asada Fan Forum YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaoAsadaFanForum
JAPAN FIGURE SKATE FORUM: http://japanfigureskate.forumotions.net
Personal Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   

Back to top Go down

World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next