HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Wed May 04, 2011 6:03 pm

pic from closing banquet
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cloviece
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Wed May 04, 2011 6:09 pm

tianrushui wrote:
pic from closing banquet

Stephane looks like such a creeper in that pic. And is Dai drunk or something? His expression is so lulzy I can't even. Nobu too, with his derp face, lol. Taka & Mao together I see. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Wed May 04, 2011 6:42 pm

Taka-chan's tie matches Mao's dress!!!! ...kinda... well there's red, black and white anyway lol. Forget about the patterns and let your imagination run wild!! Fried Fried lol!

ETA: laughing so hard at Dai-chan's face by the way... I was just so taken by Taka and Mao that I completely missed everyone else. But now that I'm looking, he looks like he's having one hell of a party! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Wed May 04, 2011 8:12 pm

cute pic Smile Who's the girl beside Nobu ??
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
ClairDeMao

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Thu May 05, 2011 12:33 pm

Thank you for that gif Spacey!!! You can totally tell that Taka-chan has been thinking about dating a colleague. I wonder if he knows that we know(that he likes Mao)…

Are there any videos of Miki’s reaction when she realized that she won the gold? Anyone who knows? I remember that she cried a lot last time when she won back in 2007.

If this pattern of Wold Champions recent years would repeat itself, then Mao will win again next year:

2007: Miki
2008: Mao
2009: Yuna
2010: Mao
2011: Miki

Mao has 2 gold and 1 silver (and more medals to come of course!).
Miki has 2 gold and 1 bronze.
If Yuna will win again, then she will have 2 gold, 2 silver and 2 bronze.
If Kostner would win, then she will have 1 gold, 1 silver and 1 bronze!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jkblues
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Thu May 05, 2011 2:39 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Thu May 05, 2011 3:12 pm

I love the banquet pic!!! Mao looks adorable!!! Razz I don't know how it is possible, but in live Mao is a thousand times prettier then in pics! Shocked So gorgeous, even at Worlds she was too skinny, her posture was perfect. I'm starting to dream about ballet related program for Mao. Love
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KariDebate
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Thu May 05, 2011 3:28 pm

polosatik wrote:
I love the banquet pic!!! Mao looks adorable!!! Razz I don't know how it is possible, but in live Mao is a thousand times prettier then in pics! Shocked So gorgeous, even at Worlds she was too skinny, her posture was perfect. I'm starting to dream about ballet related program for Mao. Love

That would just be so phenomenal.....the pcs would be soo high

KariDebate
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Thu May 05, 2011 6:01 pm

maofan93
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Thu May 05, 2011 7:19 pm

I actually liked the part coming out of the combo spin better at worlds - it fit with the music better. Also, the 3F+2Lo+2Lo was much better at worlds - it was one of the best three jump combos she's done in a while! I wish she hand't singled that sal though - it disrupted the flow of the program.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KariDebate
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Fri May 06, 2011 3:37 am

http://news.livedoor.com/article/detail/5534466/

can someone translate this for me

ElleluvsL
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Fri May 06, 2011 4:57 pm

polosatik wrote:

Yes, I'm already dreaming up new programs for her...because the 2011-2012 GP season will come around before we have time to even finish proccessing that worlds just ended affraid lol though I know there are many that would rather see her take a well-deserved break...I'm sure that she'' find a way to sneak in some down-time...

Anyways, now that worlds are over and done, I would like to give Tara Lipinski an honorable mention, as she's probably the most unbiased commentator that I've ever heard...

She's always stuck up for Miki Ando for example, whereas Scott Hamilton and Sandra Bezic always compared her to Yuna Kim and found her lacking. She also thought that Mao deserved better PCS than she got.

I think that she sticks up for the underdog because she remembers what it was like to be the "robotic, unartistic skater" in comparison to Michelle Kwan. Heck, I said those things about Tara (I was a kid Rolling Eyes ) but now I think back on it with shame.
Skating fandom can be a cruel and merciless world geek

“I have never seen such a hard worker as Mao. She is a role model for me, and she inspires everyone." -Takahiko Kozuka
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spacey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Fri May 06, 2011 7:10 pm

KariDebate wrote:
http://news.livedoor.com/article/detail/5534466/

can someone translate this for me
“Talent” Lazaru Ishii commented that in order to improve her expression, Mao Asada should get a boyfriend and have sex. His comments were met with a lot of criticism (outrage) and he has since withdrawn his comments and apologized.

This news has also reached South Korea. Their press reported that the slumping Mao Asada who placed 6th at the World Championships, has been sexually harassed by a famous Japanese comedian.

Ishii’s comments have angered South Korean internet users. Some feel that his comments infer that Yu Na Kim’s expressiveness is related to some nuanced innuendo about her private life. They feel that Ishii’s comments are malicious. South Korean internet users feel that both Yu Na Kim and Mao Asada have been disrespected (insulted).

Among South Korean internet users, there have been comments like: “Yu Na’s far superior expression is highly acclaimed and her talent can’t even be compared to Mao’s” “His comments are an insult to Yu Na!” His comments are meant as an insult to all figure skaters (including Yu Na) that are more artistic than Mao!” Etcetera, etcetera…

pale No Evil or Very Mad Mad This article is quite shocking. I’m not sure if my translation is all that accurate. linglang (or anyone else), if there is more you can add to my haphazard translation, please feel free to add anything else.

tianrushui for the lovely pic! lol! At Dai-chan's expression! Taka-chan is quite photogenic. He looks very nice in that photo. Javier is so cute! Where is Miki? confused I love seeing pictures of skaters just having a good time socializing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Fri May 06, 2011 7:24 pm

Spacey wrote:

This news has also reached South Korea. Their press reported that the slumping Mao Asada who placed 6th at the World Championships, has been sexually harassed by a famous Japanese comedian.

Ishii’s comments have angered South Korean internet users. Some feel that his comments infer that Yu Na Kim’s expressiveness is related to some nuanced innuendo about her private life. They feel that Ishii’s comments are malicious. South Korean internet users feel that both Yu Na Kim and Mao Asada have been disrespected (insulted).

Among South Korean internet users, there have been comments like: “Yu Na’s far superior expression is highly acclaimed and her talent can’t even be compared to Mao’s” “His comments are an insult to Yu Na!” His comments are meant as an insult to all figure skaters (including Yu Na) that are more artistic than Mao!” Etcetera, etcetera…

Thanks for translating..
Escape People who post things like this should get a mental check-up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Fri May 06, 2011 7:35 pm

Was the comedian trying to make a bad joke? It does show a lack of class but we shouldn't take him seriously. However, I do find it amusing that yet again Yuna's rabid fanbase find ways to relate everything back to her and use it as incentive to start up their tired old trollish debate. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cloviece
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Fri May 06, 2011 9:07 pm

aoi88 wrote:

Was the comedian trying to make a bad joke? It does show a lack of class but we shouldn't take him seriously. However, I do find it amusing that yet again Yuna's rabid fanbase find ways to relate everything back to her and use it as incentive to start up their tired old trollish debate. Rolling Eyes

So true. And what are these rabid bots really saying? That Yuna is the only skater that "emotes" to begin with? (What about Miki who just won? Or any other female skater for that matter.) This was an insult to Mao-- I don't see how this relates to Yuna in any way. And from the way it sounds, it appears he was being crass just for the hell out of it. Either that, or he has a loose tongue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Fri May 06, 2011 10:55 pm

aoi88 wrote:

WTH???!! Did the bots really have to bring their "god" into this. This is strictly a comedian making a bad joke about a gifted Japanese skater...WTF does Yuna have to do with this story? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!!!

"This news has also reached South Korea. Their press reported that the slumping Mao Asada who placed 6th at the World Championships, has been sexually harassed by a famous Japanese comedian."

It seems to me from the above quote, that they are only reporting on this story to get a dig at Mao. I mean seriously... "the slumping Mao Asada who placed 6th at the World Championships" did they really have to say all that, ugh!

"Ishii’s comments have angered South Korean internet users. Some feel that his comments infer that Yu Na Kim’s expressiveness is related to some nuanced innuendo about her private life. They feel that Ishii’s comments are malicious. South Korean internet users feel that both Yu Na Kim and Mao Asada have been disrespected (insulted)."

So saying Asada needs to have an intimate relationship with a man to help better her performance expression is really just a dig to "the one and only best FS in the Woooooooorld" because he couldn't be comparing her expression to any other female skaters out there. Especially the ones in couple FS, where the women gives truely passionate expression in their performances, and not give the "I was taught these exaggerated facial expression by a gay man" from a certain skater. Rolling Eyes

A word of wisdom to these pathetic Yuna bots out there....The higher you try to push her to the top, the faster and harder she will fall. You can appreciate her without tearing Mao down. Because tearing her down won't make Yuna any better and special.

Yuna has reached her limits, she improved and perfected what she already learned in her junior stages.
Asada will always be limitless, because she is always willing to learn something new,
and improve on what she's already learned, and she never think of herself as a perfect skater.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sat May 07, 2011 4:09 am

Shar I love your post and couldn't agree more, especially about Yuna/Mao part. Mao gets a lot of criticism about not beeing "artistic" enough. Why don't people understand that beeing artistic is much more than just exaggerate facial expression. Learning those expressions in front of the mirror is easy, feeling the music and express it with your whole body is alot harder. And in my opinion that's what Mao does. She doesn't act, she feels.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sat May 07, 2011 4:27 am

I wanted to say that from artistic side, Mao's sp at Worlds was the best one she skated this season, especially the foot work Love Hearts Swoon Loved it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sat May 07, 2011 7:01 am

Btw if you guys remember Russian pair skater Alexei Tikhonov, he also said that he really liked Mao in the short program and he thinks she improved a lot in artistry, but not a fan of her Lp. I know a lot of you stated that Mao skates faster in LP , but I gonna tell you the opposite thing. Mao was much faster in the SP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jkblues
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sat May 07, 2011 7:17 am

i want two ne programs, or at least one, but EXPLOSIVE programs, Mao is 20 , she is growing and she can skate different thing than whaen she was a teenager.

i hope Mao finds really good music that makes her feel emotive enough to be even more expresive, because, sometimes i think Mao needs more of this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sat May 07, 2011 7:17 am

polosatik wrote:
Btw if you guys remember Russian pair skater Alexei Tikhonov, he also said that he really liked Mao in the short program and he thinks she improved a lot in artistry, but not a fan of her Lp. I know a lot of you stated that Mao skates faster in LP , but I gonna tell you the opposite thing. Mao was much faster in the SP.

I did feel Mao seemed to be in better condition in the SP this time. Maybe because it was shorter? In the LP, her fraility was more apparent and I remember being quite worried about her since I never saw her this weak before. No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sat May 07, 2011 7:19 am

Wow! Thanks a lot for the info Polosatik. It seems it really is different when you see Mao skate live rather than just on our screens. It's always a dream of mine to see her skate live someday...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sat May 07, 2011 7:44 am

roma wrote:
Wow! Thanks a lot for the info Polosatik. It seems it really is different when you see Mao skate live rather than just on our screens. It's always a dream of mine to see her skate live someday...
Watching skaters live you really understand why some skaters are loved by the judges. For example Carolina, she is holly fast live!!! Her skating skills are super impressive, edges, speed. Her skating was the best in FS, I'm not talking jumps, I mean the overall skating level. Yep! Miki was super slow in the short program, maybe it mostly because of the music, but I hope if she stays she will bring something more dynamic Too sweet!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sat May 07, 2011 8:14 am

Polosatik, have you seen the men's event live?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   

Back to top Go down

World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next