HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sat May 07, 2011 8:28 am

roma wrote:
Polosatik, have you seen the men's event live?
Yep, I went to all competition days Yep!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sat May 07, 2011 8:41 am

polosatik wrote:
roma wrote:

Wow Asya! Someday I hope to go to competitions too since I think being there and feeling it all will help me appreciate the skaters more. Yep!

About the insult, I don't think Yuna should've been brought up since Mao was the only one directly involved. I don't think he wants to be malicious at all and I also don't think he's trying to take a dig at skaters who are perceived to be "more" expressive. Maybe he was trying to joke about it, but this kind of topic isn't something you can easily joke about, especialy when we consider Mao's pure and innocent image in Japan. Come to think of it, that comedian's comment is like a mature version of TAT's comment that Mao should fall in love. Escape
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sat May 07, 2011 8:49 am

klarification wrote:
polosatik wrote:
roma wrote:

Wow Asya! Someday I hope to go to competitions too since I think being there and feeling it all will help me appreciate the skaters more. Yep!

About the insult, I don't think Yuna should've been brought up since Mao was the only one directly involved. I don't think he wants to be malicious at all and I also don't think he's trying to take a dig at skaters who are perceived to be "more" expressive. Maybe he was trying to joke about it, but this kind of topic isn't something you can easily joke about, especialy when we consider Mao's pure and innocent image in Japan. Come to think of it, that comedian's comment is like a mature version of TAT's comment that Mao should fall in love. Escape

Morozombie made a similar comment about Taka in one of his posts. Too sweet!
Yea, I kinda agree he was just trying to making one of those crude jokes that we often seen comedians make nowadays. But once again, it was overblown by the media and the netizens.

ETA: I actually agree that 'falling in love' could help Mao's expressions. Mao's personality is pretty transparent in a sense that her expressions are the reflections of what she actually feels. Therefore, if she were truly in love with someone, she would sincerely show it in her facial expressions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sat May 07, 2011 9:41 am

Thanks Spacey for translating the news article!

Well ... I now want to say a few things about the comment this Japanese comedian made about Mao.

Because the above article didn't quote the original tweet, it may look as if the Korean media started Mao vs Yuna comparison. Actually, the original tweet posted by comedian Ishii included comparison, saying Mao cannot beat Miki nor Yuna if she ... Sorry, I don't want to translate and post it here. It's really an insulting comment. Frustrated

I don't think he intended to insult Mao, rather I now think he was a kind of frustrated with Mao, probably because he didn't know about Mao's weight loss which affected her performances. His comment sounded as if he's giving good advice to Mao. This is what I think NOW because I read his apologies and I'm much calmer than before.

He tweeted later, he sincerely apologizes to all women, the female skaters he cited in his comment and all the people concerned, and above all Mao and her fans. He thinks the comment he made was not something he had to say at all on twitter and he acknowledges that he used worst phrases.

Talking about Morozonbie's comment about Taka, I laughed when I read it. Am I using double standard? Maybe, but when I read the comment about Mao by this guy, I felt he blemished and defiled her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cloviece
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sat May 07, 2011 10:25 am

linglang wrote:
I don't think he intended to insult Mao, rather I now think he was a kind of frustrated with Mao, probably because he didn't know about Mao's weight loss which affected her performances. His comment sounded as if he's giving good advice to Mao. This is what I think NOW because I read his apologies and I'm much calmer than before.

I think so too. He just chose to express his frustration in a rather 'off-color' way. It's good he apologized though. I think his comment was in poor taste, but I don't think it was with malicious intent. It seems overzealous Yuna fans got way more bent out of shape about his joke than Mao or her fans for that matter.

linglang wrote:
Talking about Morozonbie's comment about Taka, I laughed when I read it. Am I using double standard? Maybe, but when I read the comment about Mao by this guy, I felt he blemished and defiled her.

Well, Mao still has much of an innocent/pure aura in terms of not only her skating, but her personality in general. Yes, there is a double standard, but there is also a difference regarding who is making the comments and how they are presented (satirical vs. crude).

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sat May 07, 2011 10:55 pm

Blah
Commentator is a guy -
Seriously - Male FS fans tend to go overboard -
I seriously recall my time on FSU - Many Yuna fans are actually guys...
Its a common perception among guys that FS is about being sleazy and a 'look-at-me' sport!
(which explains the amount of male fans Yuna has)
Some of em are plain arrogant and impulsive! (Scott)
While some really do understand the subtleties of FS! (VERY FEW of them)

But I find that funny and pathetic how Yuna-Bots related this to Yuna so easily!
I mean - frankly - Nothing was mentioned about her!
But still they find a way to drag the Queen in all this -

They always try to bring down other skaters to make their idol look good!
This is just proof of how insecure these fans are!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kitty

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sat May 07, 2011 11:17 pm

polosatik wrote:
roma wrote:
Wow! Thanks a lot for the info Polosatik. It seems it really is different when you see Mao skate live rather than just on our screens. It's always a dream of mine to see her skate live someday...
Watching skaters live you really understand why some skaters are loved by the judges. For example Carolina, she is holly fast live!!! Her skating skills are super impressive, edges, speed. Her skating was the best in FS, I'm not talking jumps, I mean the overall skating level. Yep! Miki was super slow in the short program, maybe it mostly because of the music, but I hope if she stays she will bring something more dynamic Too sweet!
Hi polosatik, you're so right. I watched 4cc live in arena and it was the first time that I find Miki's skating more illuminating than Mao's.
(Mao was comparatively pale & calm and still lacked the sparks at 4cc. My companion even questioned me why I rank Mao so high).
It was also my first time that I discovered Rachel Flatt's skating live was indeed a lot more better than in video.

Still, I envy polosatik and I'm jealous of you for the chance watching the Worlds live! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sun May 08, 2011 7:49 am

I think Mao's technical difficulties in recent years has probably made her lose some of the spark in her performances. Her LP performance was lovely but I also noticed that she still appeared tentative going into some of her jumps. However, she still retains that spark in her exhibitions, which is one reason why they are usually more enjoyable than her competitive programs. It would be better if Mao skated to more epic pieces, preferrably film scores that have sweeping highs and lows. Liebestraum, although a suitable piece for her skating style is a bit too calm and pleasing. She should also stay away from the angsty fare that TAT seems to really like. Since Mao is already going through a difficult period in her career, it would be better if she skated to pieces that inspired more joy than agony.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sun May 08, 2011 4:46 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dHgJRgvMYM&feature=related Have you seen this? Taka is so cute Too sweet!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sun May 08, 2011 5:29 pm

Btw here is alittpe part from Russian documentary about Worlds 2011 preparation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGXECVPrr8g&feature=related And Taka talking about how he waited about two years to compete in front of the family and friends, but it's ok he will bring a medal from Moscow, and he got it!!! Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spacey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Sun May 08, 2011 9:39 pm

linglang wrote:
Because the above article didn't quote the original tweet, it may look as if the Korean media started Mao vs Yuna comparison. Actually, the original tweet posted by comedian Ishii included comparison, saying Mao cannot beat Miki nor Yuna if she ... Sorry, I don't want to translate and post it here. It's really an insulting comment.
linglang you are gem! Thank you for clarifying the situation. I had no idea. I guess the article did omit a lot of info. I was a bit shocked. I can only imagine the comment was very crass and offensive.

I know that we all joke around about Maozuka and Maosuke. But I would never ever dream of being so intrusive about her private life. I think that Ishii went too far. He did apologize so . I will try and not hold a grudge against him. silent
linglang wrote:
I think there is definitely a double standard. Men are studs and women are sluts.

Polosatik I am green with envy. Wink It is wonderful that you got to see all of the skaters live. You were also featured on TV. I watched the videos you posted but I have not idea what you are saying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Mon May 09, 2011 5:15 am

Spacey wrote:

Polosatik I am green with envy. Wink It is wonderful that you got to see all of the skaters live. You were also featured on TV. I watched the videos you posted but I have not idea what you are saying.

Basically I was talking about why we decided to make a support banner for Japanese skaters( they showed only a little part, i was talking much longer), We think it will be the hardest for them to compete at this WC, cause WC supposed to be in their home country, and we want Japanese team to feel like competing at home and feel our support sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Mon May 09, 2011 3:10 pm

This is an interview conducted by "News Zero". Rough translation, but gives insight to Mao's thought process at worlds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kcw7fLzek-0

Starting from 2:23 [Watching Taka's quad]
Reporter: How is it from your perspective, Asada-san?
Mao-chan: (clap*3) It's great, it's beautiful. It's as if he's jumping it easily.
Takahiko: It's not easy.
Mao-chan: You can't subtract any points from it.
Takahiko: It's not easy though.
Reporter: Yes, when you jump so effortlessly we make the mistake of falling under the impression that it's a jump that everyone can do. But it isn't that way, correct?
Takahiko: It is difficult, but there are a lot more athletes around the world doing the quad and the number of times it is included in the free has increased, so it's not enough for me to be just content that I was able to land it.

Narration: Asada has begun training under coach Sato since September of last year.
Reporter: What do you think of Kozuka, training alongside him?
Mao-chan: He's very stable even when we're training together. Even when I watch him in competition I get the feeling he's gonna be fine. I have thought of this myself and Nobuo-sensei has also said to "follow" suit.
Reporter: To follow Kozuka?
Mao-chan: Yes.
Reporter: Big brother?
Takahiko: They were saying those kind of things, huh.
Reporter: We've heard that Coach Sato is pretty strict?
Takahiko: He's strict when we're training, but I wasn't scolded this year.
Reporter: I wasn't?
Takahiko: I wasn't.
Mao-chan: Mao (she refers to herself in 3rd person) was (scolded) a little bit, about twice? *One time was when Mao tried to do a jump while Coach Sato was still lecturing.
Takahiko: About twice this season.

Narration: Mao finished 6th, her worst placement at worlds.
Reporter: If you were to assess your performance on a 100 pt. scale, what would it be?
Mao-chan: Lower than half. If I were to base it upon my own abilities, I think it's less than half.
Reporter: I would like for us to watch this footage of the sp. Watching it now, what do you think of it?
Mao-chan: The 3A wasn't stable even when I landed in Russia, so if I compare it in that regard, it was probably better, but it was short of rotation so it's negative (GoE).

Narration: Coach Sato suggested to do the 2A instead of the 3A. But what was the reasoning for Mao to still do the 3A?
Mao-chan: I wasn't sure if it would be good for me to do the 2A in one of my biggest competitions because I never did my programs with the 2A. I had doubts. I thought it'd be more uneasy for me that way.
Reporter: When was this discussed?
Mao-chan: At the morning practice session of the day of the sp/
Reporter: So it really was right before the competition.
Mao-chan: Yes.
Reporter: Kozuka, even when the 3A wasn't stable for her, how did you view how she approached the competition?
Takahiko: To go for the 3A in the competition- I need to learn how to be as gutsy and strong-willed. I think I probably would have just said, "yes" to sensei and do the 2A.
Reporter: That swiftly?
Takahiko: Yes. I would have done so, obediently.
Reporter: Hey/wait a minute! Laugh

Letter from Kanako-

Dear Mao,

Thank you for always taking care of me like your baby sister. I was so so happy when we always ate together during breakfast, lunch, and dinner at the world championships. I'm so excited to hang out with you next time. I want to go to the amusement park, go shopping, eat sw~eeeets with you- there are so many things I want to do with you that I'm smirking as I'm writing this. I looooove Mao! I will do my best to become a kind and wonderful person like Mao. I love Mao's skating.

From, Kanako. [Drawing of Mao & Kana and Aero & Chiroru]

Back to top Go down
View user profile
maofan93
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Mon May 09, 2011 4:01 pm

I love how Taka looked so uncomfortable when they called him her big brother!!

Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Mon May 09, 2011 4:43 pm

MaoChan756 wrote:
Blah
Commentator is a guy -
Seriously - Male FS fans tend to go overboard -
I seriously recall my time on FSU - Many Yuna fans are actually guys...
Its a common perception among guys that FS is about being sleazy and a 'look-at-me' sport!
(which explains the amount of male fans Yuna has)
Some of em are plain arrogant and impulsive! (Scott)
While some really do understand the subtleties of FS! (VERY FEW of them)

But I find that funny and pathetic how Yuna-Bots related this to Yuna so easily!
I mean - frankly - Nothing was mentioned about her!
But still they find a way to drag the Queen in all this -

They always try to bring down other skaters to make their idol look good!
This is just proof of how insecure these fans are!

Male figure skating fans. Hm.... I've never really given them much thought, but now that you make me think about it, I guess they truly are a different breed. ROTFLMAO

maowataiyo wrote:

Letter from Kanako-

Dear Mao,

Thank you for always taking care of me like your baby sister. I was so so happy when we always ate together during breakfast, lunch, and dinner at the world championships. I'm so excited to hang out with you next time. I want to go to the amusement park, go shopping, eat sw~eeeets with you- there are so many things I want to do with you that I'm smirking as I'm writing this. I looooove Mao! I will do my best to become a kind and wonderful person like Mao. I love Mao's skating.

From, Kanako. [Drawing of Mao & Kana and Aero & Chiroru]

Omg that was so sweet! Wub It's kind of weird now that Mao is not the young one looking up to the other skaters, and now she has younger skaters who admire her.... Our little Mao truly is growing up Drama! Laugh

Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Mon May 09, 2011 6:33 pm

Thank you for the translation, maowataiyo. Gah, this Taka-Mao interview is really starting to mess with my loyalties to Maosuke. Mao is so happy in this interview-- her eyes are twinkling again. Smile And LOL at the "big brother" part-- Taka's nervous laughter is so amusing.

And Kanako's letter was so cute! (!!!) I love her adorable writing and her little drawings. Her penmanship is truly a reflection of her bubbly, animated character.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Mon May 09, 2011 11:52 pm

polosatik wrote:
roma wrote:

I AM SOOOOOOO JEALOUS!!! Hell, no! Hell, no! Hell, no! and happy that someone from this forum could watch all competitions live Cheering thanks for all your reports about worlds Wink

BTW you look very young, I would never guesss you're 21. I love your banner

Thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Tue May 10, 2011 8:35 pm

Cloviece wrote:
Thank you for the translation, maowataiyo. Gah, this Taka-Mao interview is really starting to mess with my loyalties to Maosuke. Mao is so happy in this interview-- her eyes are twinkling again. Smile And LOL at the "big brother" part-- Taka's nervous laughter is so amusing.

Well, it's better that they called him 'older brother' instead of thinking that he was Mao's *younger* brother, like at 2006 Jr. Worlds. Hell, no!

C'mon Cloviece, you know you want to be a Maozuka shipper! lol!

Especially once you read the fan-fic that I will write (hopefully soon)!! Thanks everyone for the "call to arms." Hell, no!

But I need some help! tianrushui, did Bingwa Geng say that other people were dancing?? Or did she only mention Mao and Taka-chan? Question I'm just trying to imagine the banquet scene in my head. (And if Mao/Taka were the only dancing couple she mentioned, then that's gotta mean that she's a Maozuka-shipper too! Too sweet! )

As for Jeremy Abbott, I think it's going to be hard to work him in since he wasn't at Worlds... Neutral But ah, I just got an idea!! Smile
For those who were asking, he Twittered that "Maozuka rolls off the tongue better," or something like that. Awhile back. As a result, it got incorporated into my 4CC banquet fanfic (if you haven't seen it):
http://www.maoasadaforum.com/t984-the-shipping-thread

Wow, that letter from Kanako is sooo cute and heartwarming!!! Wub As was that hug from Machiko-sensei from one of those earlier clips--that was a proper bear hug. Many Hearts

Eventually I'll get around to commenting on other stuff, really I will! Sweatdrop Sweatdrop

View user profile http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Wed May 11, 2011 12:08 am

europeanfan wrote:
polosatik wrote:
roma wrote:

I AM SOOOOOOO JEALOUS!!! Hell, no! Hell, no! Hell, no! and happy that someone from this forum could watch all competitions live Cheering thanks for all your reports about worlds Wink

BTW you look very young, I would never guesss you're 21. I love your banner

Thumbs up!
Thanks! haha, I am often mistaken like a 17 years old Razz But it depends on what I wear( but my height doesn't help me either)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yunamao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Wed May 11, 2011 2:32 am

Mao and Maia Shibutani (from Shibutani's facebook). So cute! flower

And here with Alex!
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/222776_223807700969166_168543383162265_1055436_2612446_n.jpg
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/227427_223807647635838_168543383162265_1055434_2655177_n.jpg (Mao'not far; just behind Taka-chan Hell, no! )
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://yunamao-.tumblr.com/
iceskatingfan
Double Axel
Double Axel

Location : Somewhere drinking hot chocolate on a cold winter day =]

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Wed May 11, 2011 4:08 am

Yunamao wrote:
Mao and Maia Shibutani (from Shibutani's facebook). So cute! flower

And here with Alex!
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/222776_223807700969166_168543383162265_1055436_2612446_n.jpg
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/227427_223807647635838_168543383162265_1055434_2655177_n.jpg (Mao'not far; just behind Taka-chan Hell, no! )

Gorgeous! Mao reminds me of Vera Wang here! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spacey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Wed May 11, 2011 10:36 am

polosatik wrote:
Basically I was talking about why we decided to make a support banner for Japanese skaters( they showed only a little part, i was talking much longer), We think it will be the hardest for them to compete at this WC, cause WC supposed to be in their home country, and we want Japanese team to feel like competing at home and feel our support sunny
Aww! You're soooooooooo sweet! You and your friends look adorable with your gorgeous banner.

maowataiyo! For the clip and translation! TakaMao and Kanako MEGA-SWEETNESS!!!
Batsuchan! I just re-read your 4CC fan fic and !!!
Yunamao for the pics! You always find such wonderful photos!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Wed May 11, 2011 12:55 pm

Thanks for the pics guys!!! Mao looks stunning! Swoon Wub

I am very proud of our Russian girls, because one was the best in the SP and another in the LP. The best energy, the best expression, and a lot of fire. Unfortunately top skaters(Miki, Mao, Yuna) didn't have that fire in their performances. Maybe home crowd helped Too sweet!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Thu May 12, 2011 12:20 pm

See, you lovely Taka is hanging out with another girl Razz
Dai + Mao forever!!!!!!!! Dance Too sweet!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   Thu May 12, 2011 12:55 pm

Crazy Russian fans together at WC

http://s11.radikal.ru/i184/1105/35/b3e0ff37f59d.jpg
http://i040.radikal.ru/1105/69/3a8ce8e9d1af.jpg
http://s011.radikal.ru/i318/1105/f6/57ae68c3b0db.jpg
http://s19.radikal.ru/i192/1105/02/6b3198161b15.jpg

I'm of course the most patriotic there Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers   

Back to top Go down

World Championships 2011 - Reports, spoilers