HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

THE ICE 2011

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Eris

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:53 am

Thanks everyone for the updates! Smile
I'm not fun of a white dress, I think there's too much dress in it. Very Happy I mean, big skirt, sleeves... I preferred Mao's light Shopin dress. Love

Is there any information what Mirai skated?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:29 am

On Mao's chinese forum, a poster who went to the show says that "Jupiter" showcased a side of Mao she's never seen before. She said the program combines the atmosphere of "So Deep is the Night" with the passion of "Bells." Now, I'm so anxious to see this program! I really hope Mao keeps "Jupiter" as her new Exhibition because I think it can become one of her most memorable programs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:45 am

i hope mao keeps both exhibitions, since they both looked amazing in those clips and i am really eager to see them skated to several times...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:48 am

ballerinamao wrote:
i hope mao keeps both exhibitions, since they both looked amazing in those clips and i am really eager to see them skated to several times...

I hope she can keep both then she can show everyone both when she wins Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Canness

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:50 am

aoi88 wrote:
On Mao's chinese forum, a poster who went to the show says that "Jupiter" showcased a side of Mao she's never seen before. She said the program combines the atmosphere of "So Deep is the Night" with the passion of "Bells." Now, I'm so anxious to see this program! I really hope Mao keeps "Jupiter" as her new Exhibition because I think it can become one of her most memorable programs.

Hi aoi88,

I think you are talking about me, that was my post. Very Happy
Yes, it is really a very nice program.
About saying "Jupiter" is the combination of "So deep + Bells", it was only my personal opinion and what I felt after watching it. I watched it only once, although I can't remember every single movements of Mao, I think "Jupiter" will become one of the most memorable programs of Mao for sure! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:25 am

Canness wrote:
aoi88 wrote:

Hi aoi88,

About saying "Jupiter" is the combination of "So deep + Bells", it was only my personal opinion and what I felt after watching it. I watched it only once, although I can't remember every single movements of Mao, I think "Jupiter" will become one of the most memorable programs of Mao for sure! Very Happy

Yea, I was referring to your post. Embarassed You're so lucky to see The Ice live! It must have been an amazing experience.
Oh, I also remember you saying that Mao used a Y-spiral to Arabesque sequence in Jupiter. So does that mean she used this sequence in both programs? Because I also saw this sequence in her Chopin Ex.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:48 am

Thnx for all the updates everyone! cheers I can't wait to see Mao's exhibitions, esp. her Jupiter program with the way you guys are describing it. Love Hearts

shikure wrote:
just checked 2ch...i think the Lutz is typo
they said she did following jumps in the jazz program
2A
3Lo (failed and fall)
3S

3S...mmm...ppl thought she should replace 3S by 3Lz

Oh, wow. I've seen Mao pop the loop before, but I don't think I ever saw her fall on it. I think the lutz would probably take a little more time to make it consistent, but I think it's good that she's included the salchow. I think she usually uses a 3F, 2A, and 3Lo in her exhibition and using the salchow there might make it more natural in competition.

Eris wrote:
Is there any information what Mirai skated?

Reports say she skated to "Sweet Dreams" by Beyonce. Someone wrote she used a desk and chair. She also does a pair program with Alissa to "Kawa no Nagare no Youni". Joannie skated with a cane to Burlesque??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eris

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:57 am

maowataiyo, thank you! Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:03 pm

No problem! flower

Mirai seemed to charm the crowd once again. There were so many, "she's so cute" to "absolutely adorable" from a lot of the blogs. Razz

She and Kanako also did a talk show together where they talked about taking purikuras with funny faces and demonstrated some of their faces to the crowd.

ETA: Mirai also skated to a tango, the same one she did at Sun Valley. They said it was fun & sexy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Canness

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:21 pm

aoi88 wrote:
Canness wrote:
aoi88 wrote:

Hi aoi88,

Yea, I was referring to your post. Embarassed You're so lucky to see The Ice live! It must have been an amazing experience.
Oh, I also remember you saying that Mao used a Y-spiral to Arabesque sequence in Jupiter. So does that mean she used this sequence in both programs? Because I also saw this sequence in her Chopin Ex.

Yes, I was so lucky to see The Ice live and I went for 3 shows. I missed the first show of the first day! It was an awesome show!! Not only Mao, all skaters and their collaborations were fun to watch, plus so many surprised!

About the Y-Spiral to Arabesque sequence in Jupiter, i think she did it in two programs if I'm not mistaken. I watched CHopin Jazz twice but Jupiter only once, I hope I did not mixed up both programs Very Happy and I was too excited during Jupiter, and can't remember well. Very Happy

She did 2A, 3Lo, 3F for Jupiter and 2A, 3Lo, 3S for Chopin Jazz. She felt 3Lo for both days performance on Chopin Jazz, but I personally think that maybe it was because of the dress. And the jumps for Jupiter were all PERFECT and NICE! I'm not worry about the jumps mistakes, anyway it was just a show and Mao did so many rehearsals, and participated in so many parts of the show, maybe she was a little tired too. Very Happy Even I'm just an audience, I was exhausted too...haha Very Happy

Last edited by Canness on Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:16 pm

I am really worried that mao might have made her most consistent jump inconsistent while focusing on the Salcow and Lutz sigh i need more clips and i need to see Mao skate her competitive programs... i really hope that her failing the long was because the long dress, cause if i see mao fall in competition when the gp starts i will get a heart attack and faint and i mean it...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jkblues
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:16 pm

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjg4MDIzMTI0.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cloviece
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:32 pm

Wow. Mao & Taka look amazing. But Mao really stole the show with her lovely smile. And I actually like the costumes (well, of what I'm seeing thus far). More than the Chopin program, I'm anticipating "Jupiter". I'm going to now have to break out one of my "Holst: The Planets" CDs now. x)

As mentioned earlier, I also couldn't recognize Kanako. She really did look like Yukari for a moment. So very mature and pretty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:43 am

ballerinamao wrote:
I am really worried that mao might have made her most consistent jump inconsistent while focusing on the Salcow and Lutz sigh i need more clips and i need to see Mao skate her competitive programs... i really hope that her failing the long was because the long dress, cause if i see mao fall in competition when the gp starts i will get a heart attack and faint and i mean it...

I wouldn't worry about it now. Even if Mao's loop is slightly unstable at the moment, she still has 3 more months of training before her first competition. But as others said, I hope it's just the dress Smile Maybe they will make it shorter as a result flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:49 am

new clip today http://youtu.be/PX41vDi-p0w

saw on twitter that Yukari said Sato coach likes to ask them to put jumps they don't do well or not do often in EX Smile maybe that is the reason Mao has 3S in the ex and Taka always has 3A to make that stable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:29 am

Thanks so much, shikure!

"Jupitor" Sweatdrop looks great! Sato's making 'em work even in galas! The perennial coach! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:09 am

I love, love ,love the Jupitor costume. I can't wait to see the whole program.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:20 am

well i think it's a very effective way he uses since the skaters has to do jumps o matter what in the exhibition so why not use this opportunity to try the more tricky jumps, but i have to say this is something that could only come from a strict coach.

will be interesting to see mao's new exhibition, and like you said babayaga mao still has three month until the first competition so i shouldn't worry to much. i just really want mao to blow the whole field away and be ready from the start off the season...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:25 am

I just realized they changed the ending pose a little bit from practice.

Original one

then I saw this pic on twitter (sorry, I can't find the original tweet~thank you for uploading this if you see this, please don't be angry)

Then I checked the video I posted today ~ you can see Mao stand in front of Taka's left leg instead of standing in front of his torso.
Somehow that makes they becoming closer to each other, then they can hold that pose easier ~they are so smart
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:06 am

Thanks for the clip, Shikure! I love you

3L looked very good here. Yep!

I love the costume; it's probably my favourite Mao's EX costume ever. Very simple, yet beautiful. And since the program is dedicated to the Japanese people affected by the tsunami and earthquakes, I think it's nice that the costume is made to look like a kimono/yukata.

...Whoever edited the subtitles in the clip made a typo, though. It's "Jupiter", not "Jupitor". Laugh

Back to top Go down
View user profile
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:21 pm

Thanks, shirkure! Thank you!

I can't wait to see all these programs. Jupiter looks beautiful, and I love the side-by-side steps they showed from Taka and Mao's number. Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:00 pm

shikure wrote:
both of Kozuka and Mao's official website updated
Rehearsal
http://t-kozuka.com/blog/2011/07/the-ice.html
http://maimao-asada.com/mao/event/2011/07/21/80/
After rehearsal in rink, they went back to university rink for practice.
Since Mirai offered some help when Kozuka went to LA last year, he treated her dinner Smile

Does Mao update that blog?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:03 am

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
shikure wrote:
both of Kozuka and Mao's official website updated
Rehearsal
http://t-kozuka.com/blog/2011/07/the-ice.html
http://maimao-asada.com/mao/event/2011/07/21/80/
After rehearsal in rink, they went back to university rink for practice.
Since Mirai offered some help when Kozuka went to LA last year, he treated her dinner Smile

Does Mao update that blog?

based on the content, looks like she didn't update that by herself.
But based on http://t-kozuka.com/blog/2011/07/post-535b.html ppl thought Taka wrote the content by himself.
about the article, ppl assuming Taka updated--> there is a story about the guy with Taka.
The guy was kosukei Morinaga, maybe the name means nothing to anyone of us but he was the guy making Mao cried at training camp when they were kids.

In this article http://iceblue.cocolog-nifty.com/figure/2005/11/2_03d9.html ---> there is the story told by Yamada coach.
Because he landed 4 loop (UR) then Mao also tried and landed 4 loop (UR too). but when the boy landed a clean 4T~then Mao cried and saying she is going home ...lol
I tried to find the record, but the guy may quit figure skating in high school and Taka said they didn't meet each other for 6 years Smile

btw, Taka just updated again http://t-kozuka.com/blog/2011/07/post-5b58.html He was eating "Ramen" in the airport and ready to go to Aomori for the charity show.

I post in Takahiko thread that his grandpa passed away today Sad hope he will be okay

Last edited by shikure on Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:19 am

what a funny story i can totally picture Mao react like that lol!!
by the way do you guys think that Mao might skate her new sp at the upcoming shows, cause even through Mao has always done that i really doubt she will, since she this season has two exhibitions that look really great..compared to last season where Mao only had one exhibition and therefor skated to masquerade waltz in some shows.
i really am curious to see mao's new sp and more then anything i really hope she is going to reveal the music soon just to get an idea off what her program will look like!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:03 am

ballerinamao wrote:
what a funny story i can totally picture Mao react like that lol!!
by the way do you guys think that Mao might skate her new sp at the upcoming shows, cause even through Mao has always done that i really doubt she will, since she this season has two exhibitions that look really great..compared to last season where Mao only had one exhibition and therefor skated to masquerade waltz in some shows.
i really am curious to see mao's new sp and more then anything i really hope she is going to reveal the music soon just to get an idea off what her program will look like!!

I feel she wants to keep secret about her SP and she may show part of new Liebestraume instead.
don't know why I just feel this way even I want to see her new SP so bad Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE ICE 2011   

Back to top Go down

THE ICE 2011
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next