HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Mao News - Off-Season 2011!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
AuthorMessage
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:06 am

Thanks for the translation linglang Thank you!

I love all the things Mao said, she looks happy and positive, I can't wait for NHK Dance

Go MAO!!!!! Cheering Happy dance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:55 am

linglang wrote:

Agree. Thinking about 2014, I think it's better to change choreographers next season, if she ever wants to change. I hope she won't stick to this combination till 2014. Suspect I want her to skate Kenji Miyamoto's program.
I remember him saying Mao masters choreography so quickly. When they were working on a program, Mao was skating behind him and remembered everything immediately. But, he was still trying come up with some moves. So he told her to leave him alone. But soon later, Mao came back to him with good suggestions to the movements he made. Very Happy

I agree. I'm disappointed that she didn't mention at least the possiblity of trying new choreographers in the future. Neither TAT nor Lori is all that innovative anymore when it comes competitive programs. From the parts I've seen of her new SP, it really doesn't look that promising in terms of choreography. And Liebestraum is lovely but conservative. It doesn't show a new side of her. It's interesting that Mao is quite aware of the differences between the two. They are on opposite ends of a spectrum. I want her to work with Miyamoto or Carmelengo because they are more in the middle, combining the strengths of Lori and TAT.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jkblues
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:06 am

yes, i would like new choreographers for Mao, but what i like about the interview is the sence of calm and that everithing seems to be in the right place now for Mao.
She sounds very mature, and i really like she has metioned some things i always wanter her to see and the most important is that she has realized that she can GLOW at competition skating as she does at the shows skating with more confidence or being more relaxed, enjoying and thinking less about failing or losing.
the other thing is about speed, that was someting that Mao was really needing and we can see the improvement in this aspect from the last youtube video.
And i feel happy that she has found the way to have fun and skate, and try to relax a little during offseason, that´s a big isue for her health and happiness.

We´ll see what hapens to 3A, like some of you said it looks like she is planning only one at the LP, i think that´s good. i hope she can do 3-3 she can do it.

i need to see her skating right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dangerous_angel_face
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:58 am

Mao looks so beautiful in those pictures.

It's funny, Mrs Sato seems to tell Mao what many fans have been saying. (wear white uncovered boots, skate your competitive programs the way you skate your exhibition programs. . .)

I can't wait to see Mao compete this season!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
purplemaze
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:11 am

Much thanks linglang for the wonderful, thorough Recent News on Mao!!!!!

I very much enjoyed reading all the 4 pages, not-to-mention all the lovely pixxies of MAO! Love Hearts

Quote :
Instead of taking on new challenges, I want to concentrate on things I can do now to master them. It is the trend of the times that new skaters emerge one after another including those teenage Russian skaters. I was one of them back then. But, each athlete is unique. I want to become a “beautiful skater.” Because it is competition, there will be times I will show a strong attitude and become conscious about win or lose. While allowing it, how well I can go and I enjoy it? I want to pursue it. I think it may be my challenge for this year.
I love this quote a lot out of everything that she's said in the article. I most certainly agree on her goal this coming season that is- to polish and muster all the things that she have and can already do i.e. speed; expressions; and consistency, instead of her taking on more new challenges. We've seen this part of Mao many times (takin' on new challenges) the past few seasons (and i admire her more for that!), and as a result it had affected all the other aspects of her skating, particularly her consistency. But what she just said really made me glad and relieve! Very Happy

It's high-time she move to this kind of attitude and tactics if she wanted to stay tough all the way till Sochi. The new challenges will eventually follow on, and come after she has acclaimed her consistencies back, i believe. Her 3-A for me is not the top priority right now, i wish to see her getting on all the basics again first, and polish and deliver more on the 'speed and expression' part of her skating. And I wish and support Mao in all her endeavors this season. i hope and am really becoming convinced that she is getting on to the right track....

Like a Star @ heaven ETA : i was rummaging through my youtube video list files, when i came upon this LONGER video of Mao doing her new SP Scheherazade, i think a little earlier a short link was already shared (haven't gone through all the post in this thread yet), so i thought these 2 links will be interesting for some who might be looking for more longer, new clips of Mao. It also both have the SP music, i wish someone could tell me if this is the original Scheherazade Version she would use Question I know it's going to be the official Scheherazade by Russian Rimsky Korsakov but i am not absolutely sure if the music on these videos are the real piece for Mao , if it is then, at least we now have an idea of her layout and music thru these videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElF2DJAH1eU&feature=BFa&list=FLAVgnMi_OjFUktWYsNASnXQ&lf=BFp
-> this one is only about 45 seconds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngNnV_a-420&feature=bf_prev&list=FLAVgnMi_OjFUktWYsNASnXQ&lf=BFp
-> while this one is a bit longer and the music is louder and more clearer,

“Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday.” ~ Wilma Rudolph

flower websites:
~ blog
~ youtube
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:41 pm

Thanks for great news linglang! cheers I have a very good feeling about Mao this season. Can't wait to see her skate! I miss our sunny girl sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:45 am

by the way do you guys think mao will reveal her technical content before the competition begnins...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:01 pm

Yay thanks for all of the information!
I wonder what jumps she plans to do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
richster106

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:47 pm

My hunch is Mao will go for the 3A once in the lp, along with 2a-3t. For the sp perhaps she'll skip the 3A since it was so unstable in the sp last season. We'll see.

I also have a feeling she won't publically committ to any particular layout beforehand.

Remember last season parts of the media rePorted her intention of reintroducing a 3-3, which didn't transpire. IMO, there's no need for extra pressure beyond her stated goal of focusing on speed and Performance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:58 pm

http://youtu.be/cHLNAlG3HZQ looking forward to new season
Mao did the promo for BS Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:17 am

richster106 wrote:
My hunch is Mao will go for the 3A once in the lp, along with 2a-3t. For the sp perhaps she'll skip the 3A since it was so unstable in the sp last season. We'll see.

I also have a feeling she won't publically committ to any particular layout beforehand.

Remember last season parts of the media rePorted her intention of reintroducing a 3-3, which didn't transpire. IMO, there's no need for extra pressure beyond her stated goal of focusing on speed and Performance.

Yeah I'm sure Mao will do the 3A at least once - in her LP. I think there's a good possibility that she will put it in she SP too, but I wouldn't be surprised if she left it out this time. As far as doing two 3As in the LP, I think there's the least chance of that happening. It's a risk that didn't pay off most of the time. So since she's proved she can do it, and broke the world record, I don't think there's a big point in keeping it in. Unless there's something I don't know, and Mao's 3A has become super stable and she's able to whip out two in a whole program with more ease than before. In that case, I would of course say go for it. But that's pretty unlikely since it will be getting harder and harder for her as she gets older.

Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:08 pm

as far as mao going for 2 3A in her fs I find it pretty unlikely, since the reason why mao has brought back her lutz and her 3sal, and combinations like 2a-3t and is planning 3-3 to avoid the pressure as well as having a more complicated, varied and layout that is going to give her a better technical mark then if she just relied on two 3A's, which I really like even through i really enjoyed seeing her attempting to 3A in the same program... but ow i really just want her to have a succecful season again where she is standing in the middle of the podium again... and i am praying and i and crossig my finger ad toes that mao is going to regain her world title this season... I REALLY WANT MAO TO SHINE AND SEE HER FULL OF CONFIDENCE AGAIN, AND BEAT THE CRAP OUT OFF EVERYONE AGAIN Cool ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:30 pm

Guys, check out http://ontd-skating.livejournal.com/ , there is a beautiful Mao post there. I love how they call her Maosus ROTFLMAO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ElleluvsL
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:20 pm

^I love seeing Mao's smile in that post, those images brought back beautiful memories of watching her programs in the past...

ballerinamao wrote:
I REALLY WANT MAO TO SHINE AND SEE HER FULL OF CONFIDENCE AGAIN, AND BEAT THE CRAP OUT OFF EVERYONE AGAIN Cool ...

Very boldly stated Smile but I feel exactly the same, it may still take her a while to get back to that point but that day will come Cheering
I'm excited for Skate America this weekend, but even more excited for NHK in November when we will see her Scheherazade...

“I have never seen such a hard worker as Mao. She is a role model for me, and she inspires everyone." -Takahiko Kozuka
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:59 pm

Mao will participate SOI Japan tour but only for Tokyo sessions
http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/soi2012/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:06 am

that's a really nice surprise to know Love
Back to top Go down
View user profile
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:09 am

shikure wrote:

Thanks for news flower When is exactly SOI?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:47 am

http://maimao-asada.com/mao/private/2011/10/21/180/ official website update

Kozuka sensai (Taka's father) took her to there.
She said she is interested in pottery for a long time and did a lot of stuff
and those stuff should be ready soon

similar update from Taka's official website
http://t-kozuka.com/blog/2011/10/post-813d.html

ETA: something really rare happened in Taka's post==> it's wrote "真央" (mao) instead of Asada.

Last edited by shikure on Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:42 pm

those pictures are sooo cute, mao really seems like she is having fun her whole face is shinning...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:38 am

europeanfan wrote:
shikure wrote:

Thanks for news flower When is exactly SOI?

Tokyo 2012/1/14 and 2012/1/15
Osaka 2012/1/7, 2012/1/8, and 2012/1/9
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:38 am

http://youtu.be/hVApdBKXL00 new clip about Mao
In the interview, they said the new costume is something totally different from she had before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:59 am

shikure wrote:
In the interview, they said the new costume is something totally different from she had before.
pale pale pale

What could be more "totally different" and "innovative"? I guess not a pretty, flattering dress...
The image which I have in mind is a little bit horrifying...Hope I am wrong! Escape
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:10 am

oh god oh god pleease mao, pleease mao, keep it simply... i just hope that it's a dress... does mao mention why it's so different??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:16 am

shikure wrote:
]
I am honestly not looking forward to this unless we know TAT didn't have anything to do with the costume. Something totally different... I can only hope it's something normal now. After all, her previous TAT costumes were all "different" Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:05 am

I saw comments from fans about the clip...first thing ppl think about "different" is AS' SP dress..uh...definitely not something good.
TAT, pls prove us wrong Sad
btw, most of the SP dress for ladies in SA are pretty, I'd rather Mao get normal design likes those.

ETA: something not so important, Mao's pottery
http://fudogama.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2011/10/post-9a5f.html

Last edited by shikure on Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   

Back to top Go down

Mao News - Off-Season 2011!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 41 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next