HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Mao News - Off-Season 2011!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
AuthorMessage
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:26 am

Thank you shikure Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:40 am

I hope that by different mao meant something asian inspired like a kimono... since mao has never worn somethig like that, and that for me would be refreshing to see... but if it's not, i just hope that mao changes it quackly, and no matter what she wears as long as she is i good condition and i see her skate soon she can wear whatever she wants I really really miss her and look soo forward to see her compete again...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:01 am

I'm worried. Crying or Very sad Drama! After seeing Adelina's SP costume, I don't have any hope that we'll see any normal designs from TAT.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:27 am

Guys, stop worrying about the costume, ok? That not the main thing! Pretty costume doesn't give you points, the jumps, this what I'm only worried about. Cause no matter how pretty her costume and program are, if she won't land her jumps, Adelina in her ugly costume and with weird choreo will win hands down.

Just my 50 cents, i think you're all too rush into the costumes, programs etc. I know, in FG everything is important. But in Mao's case, she need to get her technique back, and costume and programs are the just the pretty addition.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dangerous_angel_face
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:18 am

I understand that the costume isn't everything, but I'm worried. Razz

If Mao lands all her jumps, I'll be happy even is she skates to Scheherazade in a panther costume. But still, many of Mao's costumes made me think "What on earth was she thinking??". She's a beautiful girl, I hope the new costumes will highlight that. Smile
I hope she keeps the same dress for Liebestraume, it was perfect. As for Scheherazade. . . a costume that looks a little bit like a kimono, like ballerinamao suggested, would be nice. Maybe a pink kimono, since the program is supposed to be cute. (but since Mai said it's something different from before, I doubt it) For the Chopin waltz ex, I think a pink version of Mao's first ballade dress and a high ponytail would be prefect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:54 pm

roma wrote:
I am honestly not looking forward to this unless we know TAT didn't have anything to do with the costume. Something totally different... I can only hope it's something normal now. After all, her previous TAT costumes were all "different" Razz

So funny hearing the first thing that came to my head echoed so clearly in your writing! You must be my symbiotic sister. Laugh
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CraZsk8r

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:43 pm

OMG!! i found Mao's official blog, and this one blog post is about her MaoMao brand clothing. Take a look: http://maimao-asada.com/mao/news/2011/09/07/141/
And on that blog post, she has a link that takes you to the MaoMao brand website!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:53 am

I'm a little worried about the sp costume as well, especially after seeing Adelina.

OT- does anyone know if Mai already graduated from university or does she have another year?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:20 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
I'm a little worried about the sp costume as well, especially after seeing Adelina.

OT- does anyone know if Mai already graduated from university or does she have another year?

Mai is still in university Smile she should graduate with Taka but don't know why she delay her graduation.

About the sp costume, maybe it's pants--> like Aladdin--> I am so positive thinking now or maybe i am too afraid to imagine any lines / strings over her body again.
but she needs to cover her belly with fabric or she will against the rules for single skater.
if she insists to use her power color --RED--> a red Aladdin costume is not that bad Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:21 am

shikure wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:

Mai is still in university Smile she should graduate with Taka but don't know why she delay her graduation.

About the sp costume, maybe it's pants--> like Aladdin--> I am so positive thinking now or maybe i am too afraid to imagine any lines / strings over her body again.
but she needs to cover her belly with fabric or she will against the rules for single skater.
if she insists to use her power color --RED--> a red Aladdin costume is not that bad Smile

I hope she'll use colour blue. It could be pants and instead of two piece costume she'll use one piece, with nude colour fabric covering her stomach area.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:27 am

I hope it's a dress, cause really didn't like the aladin costume... now I really can't wait to see mao's new sp and her costume lol..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cloviece
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:01 pm

I'm actually quite relieved about Mao after reading her recent interview and seeing her driving and making pottery (yay!). Finally something outside of the skating bubble. It looks as if she is truly taking time to enjoy the simple pleasures in life, while also keeping up with her training. I especially love that she mentioned that she wanted to be a "beautiful skater". I think that statement alone speaks volumes, not to mention shows us how much Mao has matured (her thoughts as well as her goals as of late).

And while I do think Mao should eventually break out of the Lori & Tat choreography only mode come Sochi, I'll just be patient for now. [And hopefully not think about the potential nightmare I had mentioned earlier about Mao's SP costume. Razz]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:31 pm

icenews2014-san has uploaded another Mao update on YT. Thank you!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd93Cx6wu4U

Main things she says in the interview:

・Long-term goal is to go to the Sochi Olympics and perform her best.
・Wants to start off the season well.
・Recieved a skate boot broach from a fan. Things that involve skating make her happy.
・Goal for this season is to complete all her elements in her programs and for next season make further progress.
・This season is to make a base foundation.
・Not particularily focused on jumps and is paying attention to other areas of skating as well.
・Still reworking her jumps daily with Coach Sato and is steadily improving.

I have a feeling Coach Sato is planning on Mao not doing the 3A in the sp...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rose

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:32 pm

^what about lp? Thank you for information.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BowbowDaijin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:57 pm

I read this old interview which said they practiced for better speed.
Is it possible to do something like 3F, 3L, 2A+3T in SP? If there is
no 3A in SP which I also agree this strategy until she is stable enough
for whole elements in SP, her element layout will be 3F+2L, 3L, 2A?

http://www.nikkei.com/sports/column/article/g=96958A88889DE1E7E0EAE5E1E0E2E2E1E3E2E0E2E3E3E2E2E2E2E2E2;p=9694E3E0E2EAE0E2E3E2E1E6E6E4
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:29 pm

Rose wrote:
^what about lp? Thank you for information.

There were no specifics talked about in the interview, so nothing has been made official in the sp or lp. The interview itself did not talk about the 3A, but stressed that Mao was thinking of the skating elements in a balanced fashion where her focus was not soley on jumps.

From this interview and the one provided by BowbowDaijin- where it's written that Coach Sato and Mao are going to have a jump layout planned from the beginning of the season that they are going to stick to, I deduced (so it could be totally wrong) that they might not put the 3A in the sp. Since a lot of times Mao has had to play catch-up from a botched 3A in the short.

BowbowDaijin wrote:
I read this old interview which said they practiced for better speed.
Is it possible to do something like 3F, 3L, 2A+3T in SP? If there is
no 3A in SP which I also agree this strategy until she is stable enough
for whole elements in SP, her element layout will be 3F+2L, 3L, 2A?

http://www.nikkei.com/sports/column/article/g=96958A88889DE1E7E0EAE5E1E0E2E2E1E3E2E0E2E3E3E2E2E2E2E2E2;p=9694E3E0E2EAE0E2E3E2E1E6E6E4

I was thinking the layout they might do was what you wrote in the latter: 3F+2L or 3F+2T, 3Lo and 2A. I don't think they'll do a 2A+3T in the sp because I don't think the 3T in combination was ever ratified for Mao in the lp last season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:46 am

BowbowDaijin wrote:
Is it possible to do something like 3F, 3L, 2A+3T in SP?
Nope - don't forget that the solo axel is a required element in the SP. It is still possible for her to have the 2A+3T as the combo *but* she must attempt the 3A with it to fulfill the axel requirement, making it a nonsensical jump layout to say the least. I think the 3F+2Lo, 3Lo, 2A layout is indeed the most likely as well, at least for Mao's first GP event.

I do feel that rotating the jumps and working the spin levels + GOE is going to be more important than the actual SP layout itself for Mao this season. It continues to be overlooked, but spins still have a lot of weight in the SP, particularly for the ladies. As strong as Liza's SP was in Skate Canada yesterday, her base value and overall TES was still slightly lower than Julia's during the JGP despite having a more difficult 3-3 (3Lz-3T compared to 3T-3T); spins played a large role in that. Mao should have no problem reestablishing herself as a top competitor as long as she can get those two factors under control consistently. Yep!

View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:42 am

I know that mao is able to get a huge score even without the 3A in the sp, but do you guys seriously think that mao would do a 2A in the sp instead of a 3A... i mean it's mao we are talking about after all, and she usuelly never takes the easy road... unless sato succeded in convincing her to only attempt one 3A in each competition... it will be really interesting to see what they decide to do...

but i also have to admit that sato and mao may be more eager to try t gain consistence then trying to maximize her jump layout, since making her jump layout more complicated can always wait a bit, and her showing consistency the most important, and that should also be enough to blow the rest of the field... but it would still be nice to see if mao brings a 3-3 back sometime soon ... ad I really hope she keeps her 2A-3T since I really liked the combination...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:51 pm

http://youtu.be/FDUP0WAL0c8 news today
he pottery is pink Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:21 am

Thanks shikure! I'm so excited!! We get to see Mao's Scheherazade in a little over 2 weeks! Happy dance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:33 am

maowataiyo wrote:
Thanks shikure! I'm so excited!! We get to see Mao's Scheherazade in a little over 2 weeks! Happy dance

I am happy that she enjoys her off season and hope those happiness can show in her new programs Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dangerous_angel_face
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:21 am

Mai-chan is so pretty. Wub
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:48 pm

serously I can't describe how much I miss watching Mao skate, cause i really really miss her and a I have a feeling that I will see her programms atleast a hundred
times after the first gp... I really look forward to everything her sp, fs,ex just everything.... cause no matter how well other skaters skate i would always and I really mean always prefer to watch mao... would be nice if we would get some practiceclips in the meantine.... by the way anyone know if mao has changed her liebestraum there hasn't been ay diffinit answer other te that mao is keeping her liebestraum!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
purplemaze
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:56 pm

Thank-you for all the clips and article links everyone!!!

Like most of you here, i can barely wait to see Mao skate in a competition. I'm adamant not to think that much (admittedly i’m nervous) , and at the same time possitively - looking forward to what she and her team have in stored for us this season. NHK will be pivotal for Mao, i believe. She would be expected to show how far she've already gone since re-working her jumps last year. My only hope is that she would not put too many pressures on herself and that the JSF and the media here will also consider that (esp. considering Miki Ando isn't competing). I tend to worry already about Mao's progress and her goals, i don't know, i just can't help it. Even now prior to her 1st GP assignment, the media and the rest bombarding her with high expectations and pressure are the least things she needed now. I guess i also fear a lot for Mao, i feel like this, each and every start of the season. pale

That said, i'm absolutely eager to see Mao skate! And really looking forward to watch her programs (her Scheherazade SP especially), and yes including her costumes this year! NHK will just be 2 weeks more, so soon enough, yet so far~ for me!!! (^o^ゞ

┐('~`)┌ Ahh, i just want Mao to enjoy skating i suppose , i just want her to be happy... queen sunny

“Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday.” ~ Wilma Rudolph

flower websites:
~ blog
~ youtube
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:21 am

clovera wrote:
BowbowDaijin wrote:
Is it possible to do something like 3F, 3L, 2A+3T in SP?
Nope - don't forget that the solo axel is a required element in the SP. It is still possible for her to have the 2A+3T as the combo *but* she must attempt the 3A with it to fulfill the axel requirement, making it a nonsensical jump layout to say the least. I think the 3F+2Lo, 3Lo, 2A layout is indeed the most likely as well, at least for Mao's first GP event.

Isn't the combo supposed to start with a triple?

"Beauty pleases the eyes only; Sweetness of disposition charms the soul" ~ Voltaire
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - Off-Season 2011!   

Back to top Go down

Mao News - Off-Season 2011!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 42 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43, 44  Next