HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Evgeny Plushenko

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Evgeny Plushenko   Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:44 pm

I haven't find a topic for Plushy, so I just made a new one.
new video from Russian tests http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-jNUbEJjlU&feature=channel_video_title I'm so happy to see him in a good shape after surgery! sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Evgeny Plushenko   Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:45 am

Stéphane Lambiel seems helping the whole Mishin-team in a summer camp this year affraid
Here you can see what Mishin and the skaters are saying about Lambiel bit.ly oDJFDz ...
Maybe some Russianspeakers could translate a bit more?!
Omg, it's so cool that former rivals can work together and are helping each other Smile I would never have expected that from Plushy to tell the truth... AH, I want the next season to begin!!!! Panic!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Evgeny Plushenko   Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:23 am

josling wrote:
Stéphane Lambiel seems helping the whole Mishin-team in a summer camp this year affraid
Here you can see what Mishin and the skaters are saying about Lambiel bit.ly oDJFDz ...
Maybe some Russianspeakers could translate a bit more?!
Omg, it's so cool that former rivals can work together and are helping each other Smile I would never have expected that from Plushy to tell the truth... AH, I want the next season to begin!!!! Panic!
Yeah, Artur already gave an interview where he talked about his work with Stephane and he absolutely loved it. As far as I know Stephane helped him with his Free program. Plushy, said he did only some small parts with Stephane, such as transitions etc. I can give you more detailed translation if you want. sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Evgeny Plushenko   Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:16 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Evgeny Plushenko   Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:40 am

Yes he is. He took part in the preliminary round yesterday, placed first(obviously) and scored around 157. He landed 4T, 3A, 3A-2T, 3L, 3Lz-2T-2L, 3Lz, 2S-2A Sequence and 2A. His jumps were ok except his quad which was a bit jerky and he couldn't add a 3T to it. Plus, he doubled the 3S. The major problem is the quality of his spins, two of them got level 1. His second step sequence got a modest GOE so I am guessing he has a bit of stamina issues, considering he is still injured. But the practice clips I've seen with him are amazing: 3A-3S sequence, 3Lz-3T-2L and a bunch if clean quads. He still has it but if Javier Fernandez goes clean he has the ability to outscore him. Still it will be very interesting to see how the other skaters will react to share the ice with a living legend. They might feel a bit intimidated( Javier, Michal, Florent are still youngsters and even though they competed with him in 2010, this time they are going for medals so who how it will all end). I can see Plushy easily winning gold. I'm not counting out Tomas and Brian, but they were injured at the beginning of the season so who know in what shape they are this week.
I'm excited
Back to top Go down
View user profile
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Evgeny Plushenko   Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:59 am

me too! I thought Plushenko is still banned Very Happy Can't wait to watch euros Cheering
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Evgeny Plushenko   Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:39 am

Lady_in_black wrote:
Yes he is. He took part in the preliminary round yesterday, placed first(obviously) and scored around 157. He landed 4T, 3A, 3A-2T, 3L, 3Lz-2T-2L, 3Lz, 2S-2A Sequence and 2A. His jumps were ok except his quad which was a bit jerky and he couldn't add a 3T to it. Plus, he doubled the 3S. The major problem is the quality of his spins, two of them got level 1. His second step sequence got a modest GOE so I am guessing he has a bit of stamina issues, considering he is still injured. But the practice clips I've seen with him are amazing: 3A-3S sequence, 3Lz-3T-2L and a bunch if clean quads. He still has it but if Javier Fernandez goes clean he has the ability to outscore him. Still it will be very interesting to see how the other skaters will react to share the ice with a living legend. They might feel a bit intimidated( Javier, Michal, Florent are still youngsters and even though they competed with him in 2010, this time they are going for medals so who how it will all end). I can see Plushy easily winning gold. I'm not counting out Tomas and Brian, but they were injured at the beginning of the season so who know in what shape they are this week.
I'm excited
Plushy got his back injury there in Britain, so it seemed he decided to skate in more relaxing way in case not to injure himself even more. it was clear he would be first in Pr round, so he didn't skate his 100%
Back to top Go down
View user profile
princessinpink

PostSubject: Re: Evgeny Plushenko   Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:11 pm

I hope Stephane works with Plush on his spins! Plush got a level 3 in his first flying sit spin and then he got level 1s...On a more positive note, his triple axels are unrivaled. so beautiful, and sooo high!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Evgeny Plushenko   Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:04 am

So here is (one) new Free Program from Plushenko (with Quad Salchow):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Zp2Gb6KBmLs

I don't know what to think about it... It's another side of him but for me it's not convining yet with that black 'n white swan theme. (also with that costume! Sweatdrop )
He said that in the next competitions he wants to include one 4S, two 4Ts and two 3As. affraid Japan Open will be incredibly exciting with Patrick, Dai AND Plushenko...!!!
Plush also mentioned that he has always several SP and FS, so maybe he will not skate this program in following competitions.
But I'm SO excited for the upcoming season... with Lysacek, Weir, Plushenko, Miki, Yuna and the russian girls...woooow! Happy dance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Evgeny Plushenko   Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:32 am

The first half of the program is too empty but I believe this is a work in progress. I don't like the costume. I nearly fainted when I saw 4S. It's almost hilarious that at his age and with his knees he lands quads like it's nothing. Yes I know it wasn't perfect and he tripled the 4T but I'm willing to bet on anything that at Europeans we'll see him landing them well. His effort really puts things into perspective, like how some skaters in perfect health are not willing to take risks and challenge themselves and win medals only when others(who take risks) falter while some other skaters never stop to develop, both technically and artistically. For me, the second category of skaters are the real champions. I really liked Plusy's second half of the program and the steps and I have never seen him paying so much attention to all the little details of every movement. After seeing this video, for the first time I think the gold in 2014 olympics is not an absurd ideea. It's not likely but not impossible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Evgeny Plushenko   Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:10 am

josling wrote:
So here is (one) new Free Program from Plushenko (with Quad Salchow):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Zp2Gb6KBmLs

I don't know what to think about it... It's another side of him but for me it's not convining yet with that black 'n white swan theme. (also with that costume! Sweatdrop )
He said that in the next competitions he wants to include one 4S, two 4Ts and two 3As. affraid Japan Open will be incredibly exciting with Patrick, Dai AND Plushenko...!!!
Plush also mentioned that he has always several SP and FS, so maybe he will not skate this program in following competitions.
But I'm SO excited for the upcoming season... with Lysacek, Weir, Plushenko, Miki, Yuna and the russian girls...woooow! Happy dance

Thank you for sharing this! I thought his LP is to Romeo and Juliet. scratch I'm not a fan of the costume either.
I just have one word to describe this man- A LEGEND! Worship Go PLushy, kick some butt this season. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Evgeny Plushenko   Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:11 am

From the International Figure Skating FB page:

Quote :
ESPN reported this morning that Evgeny Plushenko is having back surgery in Israel today to replace a deteriorated disk in his spine with a plastic one. He will not compete at Worlds.

That's too bad. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Evgeny Plushenko   Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:58 am

Another surgery... Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Evgeny Plushenko   Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:52 am

I don't think he was intending to compete at worlds in the first place this year - just at Euros. But that surgery still sucks. Poor guy... his body is getting worn out. Although I do like him... for the sake of his body, it might be best that he retires.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Evgeny Plushenko   Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:07 am

Mao2012 wrote:
Another surgery... Very Mad

Hopefully, this time he'll listen to doctors and let his body heal completely, before he'll start training agin.

Alokya wrote:
Although I do like him... for the sake of his body, it might be best that he retires.

Yep, Sadly Especially if you look at his competition. I'm affraid there's no way, he has a chance against them. With injuries that he has, I'm surprised he can walk let alone skate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Evgeny Plushenko   Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:15 am

Evgeny Plushenko competed in the Volvo cup...and seemed to score massively haha!

This man is crazy...how he can land Quads at his age is unbelievable.
Plushenko is more consistent jump-wise than Trankov perhaps, so who knows what the Russian Fed will do?

SP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap-5K7QW1ZM&list=PLVze-YWYNijPnoQRH9coZpQEQECk1_RiS&index=3

LP: The music cuts are so weird together but somehow work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZeQlQ_p4ZE
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Evgeny Plushenko   Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:33 am

sapphiresky wrote:
Evgeny Plushenko competed in the Volvo cup...and seemed to score massively haha!

Plushenko is more consistent jump-wise than Trankov perhaps, so who knows what the Russian Fed will do?

SP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap-5K7QW1ZM&list=PLVze-YWYNijPnoQRH9coZpQEQECk1_RiS&index=3

Good jumps, he is incredible WOW! , though his spins are bad yet, and he is slow in sp. I am not his fan but I know my sister will be super happy, she adore him Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Evgeny Plushenko   Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:05 pm

How many spots does Russia have for the mens at Sochi?

“To be able to grow and not be scared, the first thing you have to do is to experience anything and everything. This first thing you should do is have the courage to face your weak point. Then you will get real strength.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Evgeny Plushenko   Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:02 am

Haidogirl wrote:
Only 1 and from the looks of it, it'll go to Plushy...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Evgeny Plushenko   Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:17 am

roma wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:

No doubt about that, though i think they should give the younger skaters the experiece!

“To be able to grow and not be scared, the first thing you have to do is to experience anything and everything. This first thing you should do is have the courage to face your weak point. Then you will get real strength.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Evgeny Plushenko   Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:26 am

Haidogirl wrote:
roma wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:
No doubt about that, though i think they should give the younger skaters the experiece!
That's why I often feel ambivalent about veteran athletes who come back and take the spots of younger athletes. The best one should go to the Olympics, no doubt, but an Olympic takes place only every 4 years, and a skater/gymnast's elite career seldom expands more than 10 years. I still don't like Michelle Kwan for that.

Even when you have raised up the temperature up to 99 degrees, it is said the water can never get to the boiling point if you fail to have the last one degree get past 99. The thing that boils the water is the last one degree. [The key to a success] is none other than enduring that last 1 minute when you feel like giving up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Evgeny Plushenko   Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:30 am

pearlyriver wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:
roma wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:
That's why I often feel ambivalent about veteran athletes who come back and take the spots of younger athletes. The best one should go to the Olympics, no doubt, but an Olympic takes place only every 4 years, and a skater/gymnast's elite career seldom expands more than 10 years. I still don't like Michelle Kwan for that.
There should be a rule for such skaters, something like 'you may only qualify for olympics, if you were competing for at least one year before' or somthing like that!
Not just popping out of your hole every time the olympics are close, win there and then disappearing for another 4 years! That sucks! Its not what Olympics are for!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Evgeny Plushenko   Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:47 am

sapphiresky wrote:

SP:

Holy mother of God, he's not normal. Is he even human?!!!

It's not just his age, but also his injuries and surgeries. Any normal person would have difficulties climbing a freaking steep hill with these kind of injuries, yet here he is, jumping quads and 3A like it's nothing. Unconscious 
He's not in shape yet, but there's still time. IMO, by Nats and especially by Sochi he'll be either in top shape or in a hospital.

Nationals and possibly Europeans, are going to be a showdown between Plushenko and Kovtun for the Sochi spot. Something tells me that if Kovtun wants that spot, he'll have to snatch it from Plushenko's cold dead hands. Twisted Evil Plushy wants to compete in his home country and he'll do whatever it takes to achieve this.

The LP is called "The best of Plushenko" (all of his programs put into one), that's why the music cuts are weird.

Haidogirl wrote:
There should be a rule for such skaters, something like 'you may only qualify for olympics, if you were competing for at least one year before' or somthing like that!
Not just popping out of your hole every time the olympics are close, win there and then disappearing for another 4 years! That sucks! Its not what Olympics are for!
While I absolutely agree with you, to be fair, Plushy has been competing or tried to in the past two season (he won Euros in 2012) but had to withdraw, because his injuries kept coming back. He wasn't enjoying life, only to decide 1 season before Oly's that it would be cool to come back one last time, he was trying to compete at least at Euros and Worlds, but couldn't.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Evgeny Plushenko   Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:58 am

Well, if the other russian guys want to go really bad, so they must to do more effort to get more spots, it is more unfair for the japanese men because they are definitly better and they only can get 3 spots Mad 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Evgeny Plushenko   Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:09 am

chapis wrote:
Well, if the other russian guys want to go really bad, so they must to do more effort to get more spots, it is more unfair for the japanese men because they are definitly better and they only can get 3 spots Mad 
Absolutely. Russia has only one spot because of the politics. They send the wrong person to Worlds and now they're paying for it. Unfortunately, the ones who got screwed the most in this are the skaters. I'm not saying that if they send Menshov or Voronov, that these two would've done better, (you never know what nerves will do to you), however, Kovtun was nowhere near ready, yet due to the internal games, he was sent, and of course did what everyone was predicitng that he'll do, he bombed.

The japanese men situation is heartbreaking, 6 outstanding skaters and only 3 spots available. Depressed Crying 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Evgeny Plushenko   

Back to top Go down

Evgeny Plushenko
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next