HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Evgeny Plushenko

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Evgeny Plushenko   Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:11 am

chapis wrote:
Well, if the other russian guys want to go really bad, so they must to do more effort to get more spots, it is more unfair for the japanese men because they are definitly better and they only can get 3 spots Mad
It's not fair to think that there are skaters which could go to Sochi easily because their countries have 2 spots and their levels are not up to par with top skaters. And there're skaters who are much better than them but never get to attend Olympics because their countries have such a deep field.

Even when you have raised up the temperature up to 99 degrees, it is said the water can never get to the boiling point if you fail to have the last one degree get past 99. The thing that boils the water is the last one degree. [The key to a success] is none other than enduring that last 1 minute when you feel like giving up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Evgeny Plushenko   Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:51 am

pearlyriver wrote:
chapis wrote:
Well, if the other russian guys want to go really bad, so they must to do more effort to get more spots, it is more unfair for the japanese men because they are definitly better and they only can get 3 spots Mad
It's not fair to think that there are skaters which could go to Sochi easily because their countries have 2 spots and their levels are not up to par with top skaters. And there're skaters who are much better than them but never get to attend Olympics because their countries have such a deep field.

Yeah my country for example! I once read, that the skater who finished 10th at the Jap. Natsionals (who really never will get the chance of any fame in Japan) would be able to win the german nationals year by year~
Such a level difference!

To be able to grow and not be scared, the first thing you have to do is to experience anything and everything. This first thing you should do is have the courage to face your weak point. Then you will get real strength.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Evgeny Plushenko   Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:49 pm

Haidogirl wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:
chapis wrote:
Yeah my country for example! I once read, that the skater who finished 10th at the Jap. Natsionals (who really never will get the chance of any fame in Japan) would be able to win the german nationals year by year~
Such a level difference!
That's normal. There're always countries who do extremely well at one sport and the others extremely bad. But it's not fair to think that countries like Canada and South Korea have 2 spots, and aside from Kaetlyn and Yuna, their skaters are nowhere near Akiko, Kanako and Satoko and one of these 3 girls will have to stay home.

Even when you have raised up the temperature up to 99 degrees, it is said the water can never get to the boiling point if you fail to have the last one degree get past 99. The thing that boils the water is the last one degree. [The key to a success] is none other than enduring that last 1 minute when you feel like giving up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Evgeny Plushenko   Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:49 am

pearlyriver wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:
chapis wrote:
Such a level difference!
That's normal. There're always countries who do extremely well at one sport and the others extremely bad. But it's not fair to think that countries like Canada and South Korea have 2 spots, and aside from Kaetlyn and Yuna, their skaters are nowhere near Akiko, Kanako and Satoko and one of these 3 girls will have to stay home.

The german eurosport guy said, Miki will stay at home! And Satoko wasnt even mentioned ..
But well, Mao, Kanako and Akiko might be a great team to me!

To be able to grow and not be scared, the first thing you have to do is to experience anything and everything. This first thing you should do is have the courage to face your weak point. Then you will get real strength.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Evgeny Plushenko   Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:59 pm

And Plushy, I think, has withdrawn from Rostelecom Cup citing minor injury... Mad

I hope they can replace him. So many withdrawals this season and it mostly means lost chances for other skaters without GP since they withdraw too near their GP events.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Evgeny Plushenko   Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:18 pm

I hope Plushenko get better in time for nationals and one reason more to admire to Mao, the last time she did withdraw was when her mom died, right?, I am not saying it is good to compete injured but is admirable Mao never does excuses
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Evgeny Plushenko   Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:19 am

roma wrote:
And Plushy, I think, has withdrawn from Rostelecom Cup citing minor injury... Mad

I hope they can replace him. So many withdrawals this season and it mostly means lost chances for other skaters without GP since they withdraw too near their GP events.
Oh come on. Frustrated Plushy I love you, but this smells. IMO, he isn't ready to compete against worlds best yet, so he pulled "a Yuna". Suspect

I think, If I'm not mistaken, because the Russian skater withdrew the Russian Fed can replace him with another russian skater, since it's a Rostelecom Cup. study If this doesn't work like that, then I don't think Plushy can be replaced, because I've never seen anyone getting a visa in 3 days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Evgeny Plushenko   Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:51 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
roma wrote:

Oh come on. Frustrated Plushy I love you, but this smells. IMO, he isn't ready to compete against worlds best yet, so he pulled "a Yuna". Suspect

I think, If I'm not mistaken, because the Russian skater withdrew the Russian Fed can replace him with another russian skater, since it's a Rostelecom Cup. study If this doesn't work like that, then I don't think Plushy can be replaced, because I've never seen anyone getting a visa in 3 days.
And this is what pisses me off. Mao and Caro never gets enough credit for their great sportsmanship. Even if one is reworking her techniques and the other struggling with injuries, they were never afraid to go out and skate the lights out and never mind being bashed . I don't remember if they have blamed their poor performances on injuries or technique reworking. They should be role models, not some one who pop out once in a while and cite injuries or fatigue as excuses.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Evgeny Plushenko   Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:11 pm

Annd....Plushy is now changing his mind about competing in Sochi. Poor Kovtun, he has to deal with this headache after winning Nationals fair and square:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/sports/388972/russia-figure-skater-plushenko-changes-mind-demands-sochi-place
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iceriver
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Evgeny Plushenko   Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:39 pm

Honestly, this is not an easy situation. On the one hand, Plushenko is a legend and he's done a lot for this sport in his country. However, Kovtun is the National Champion and has a lot of potential. He's young and deserves to go to Sochi, and IMO not allowing him to skate in his first Olympics and making him wait four more years (which is a lot of time, lots of things can happen) would be unfair. Yes, he was sent to Europeans and Worlds last year despite having placed fifth at Nationals, but it was not necessary to mention that (I'm referring to Plushy), it almost sounded as if he was blaming Maxim. After all, Plushenko is 31 and Kovtun is 18 and a rising star, so one expects the legend and most veteran skater to have some nice words or encourage new generations, not saying things like this. Well, let's see what happens...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Evgeny Plushenko   Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:02 pm

shar wrote:
Annd....Plushy is now changing his mind about competing in Sochi. Poor Kovtun, he has to deal with this headache after winning Nationals fair and square:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/sports/388972/russia-figure-skater-plushenko-changes-mind-demands-sochi-place

Plushy, I love you, you're a freaking legend, but this...heck no. Evil or Very MadDisappointed Kovtun won fair and square. You had a chance to go to Euros and prove a point, you bailed, now face the music. If Kovtun doesn't implode in Budapest, he should be the one competing in Sochi.

iceriver wrote:
Honestly, this is not an easy situation. On the one hand, Plushenko is a legend and he's done a lot for this sport in his country. However, Kovtun is the National Champion and has a lot of potential.

I'm a fan of Plushy, to me he is the rightful winner of 2010 Oly's (though the judges thought otherwise), but I completely disagree with him this time. It doesn't matter what he has done in this sport, this does not give him the right to demand this. If he were competing up until this season, and miss GP due to injury and have a not so good Nats, then yes, I would say, OK give him another chance to prove himself. But like this? The only time he competed was at 2012 Euros, yes he was great, but he was a no show ever since. He didn't finish his last Euros, he didn't go to worlds, nor to GP, he CHOSE to skip Euro's this year... and now he demands a place on Sochi team? WTH?!

And making comparisons with Kovtun's situation last season is not fair, World's isn't an Olympics. And also Kovtun was competing, not taking a break only to show up at nationals and being sent to worlds.

I really don't want to say this, because I like him alot, but Plushy's arrogance and entitlement is really getting on my nerves.

(And yes I know he competed in the fall, but I'm not counting it, since it was a B international with ridiculous scoring.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Evgeny Plushenko   Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:24 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:

I'm a fan of Plushy, to me he is the rightful winner of 2010 Oly's (though the judges thought otherwise), but I completely disagree with him this time. It doesn't matter what he has done in this sport, this does not give him the right to demand this. If he were competing up until this season, and miss GP due to injury and have a not so good Nats, then yes, I would say, OK give him another chance to prove himself. But like this? The only time he competed was at 2012 Euros, yes he was great, but he was a no show ever since. He didn't finish his last Euros, he didn't go to worlds, nor to GP, he CHOSE to skip Euro's this year... and now he demands a place on Sochi team? WTH?!

And making comparisons with Kovtun's situation last season is not fair, World's isn't an Olympics. And also Kovtun was competing, not taking a break only to show up at nationals and being sent to worlds.

I really don't want to say this, because I like him alot, but Plushy's arrogance and entitlement is really getting on my nerves.

(And yes I know he competed in the fall, but I'm not counting it, since it was a B international with ridiculous scoring.)

I feel relieved that I'm not the only who think like this. Since Plush' fan base is so huge, most people agree with letting Plush competing at the Olympics. Plush is such a great legend and I'm Ok if he's arrogant and has a sense of entitlement, but I expect a legend to have nicer words to say about a young skater 18 years younger than him. He doesn't even have to give words of encouragement to Kovtun, but he was basically pointing out Kovtun's poor performance last year and implied that : You reap what you sow, which IMHO is not classy.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Evgeny Plushenko   Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:52 am

pearlyriver wrote:

I feel relieved that I'm not the only who think like this. Since Plush' fan base is so huge, most people agree with letting Plush competing at the Olympics. Plush is such a great legend and I'm Ok if he's arrogant and has a sense of entitlement, but I expect a legend to have nicer words to say about a young skater 18 years younger than him. He doesn't even have to give words of encouragement to Kovtun, but he was basically pointing out Kovtun's poor performance last year and implied that : You reap what you sow, which IMHO is not classy.

Well, Plushy could've gone to worlds but didn't. If he went to Euros to have a mini nationals with Kovtun, then I wouldn't mind. But again he bailed and is now making demands. His behaviour is making me root for Kovtun and hoping he's going to have a killer Euro's and possibly win it. Then I'd like to hear what Plushy has to say about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iceriver
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Evgeny Plushenko   Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:35 am

I'm not sure if this is true, but I've heard there are rumours that Plushenko is going to Sochi based on his test skate in front of judges (if I'm not wrong). Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Evgeny Plushenko   Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:31 pm

Iceriver wrote:
I'm not sure if this is true, but I've heard there are rumours that Plushenko is going to Sochi based on his test skate in front of judges (if I'm not wrong). Thoughts?

Well, this was expected, especially after it was announced that his test skate will be behind closed doors. Though, after Kovtun's fifth place at Euro's I think everyone knew he isn't going to Sochi.

I do wonder though what will happen if (God forbid) Plushy has a bad showing in Sochi, especially in the team event where Russia is a real gold medal contender. pale
And after this, he will have to compete in the singles as well, because if he were to pull an inujury excuse, no one would believe him.

I hope, he'll rock it in Sochi and have an amazing end of his extraordinary career. I assume he's retiring after Oly's?

I still want Hanyu to win though. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iceriver
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Evgeny Plushenko   Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:18 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
Iceriver wrote:

Well, this was expected, especially after it was announced that his test skate will be behind closed doors. Though, after Kovtun's fifth place at Euro's I think everyone knew he isn't going to Sochi.

I do wonder though what will happen if (God forbid) Plushy has a bad showing in Sochi, especially in the team event where Russia is a real gold medal contender. pale
And after this, he will have to compete in the singles as well, because if he were to pull an inujury excuse, no one would believe him.

I hope, he'll rock it in Sochi and have an amazing end of his extraordinary career. I assume he's retiring after Oly's?

I still want Hanyu to win though. Razz

I think that I read somewhere (GS maybe? I'm not sure...) that ISU announced that injured skaters will not be replaced, so the "injury strategy" will not be possible I think.

I don't know who I want to win in Sochi, it's a difficult decision. Well, honestly, if I could chose I would like Hanyu to win because of his personality and because I love his enthusiasm and charisma. However, when I saw Chan live I was mesmerized by his skating, so I think that if he skates clean he would be the deserving winner and I will have nothing to say against him.

I sometimes critizied Patrick in the past (not here, because I'm quite new) but since the Bompard I have a different feeling. You have to understand me, first time watching figure skating live and Patrick goes there and skates two almost perfect programs just in front of my eyes. Talk about good luck! I mean, this is even more difficult than winning the lottery! My mother was in the arena too and we were joking about calling Patrick and telling him to bring us with him at the Olympics to give him good luck Hell, no!.

So now I appreciate Patrick more, it's like something personal. I know it's funny, but I can't help it lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Evgeny Plushenko   Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:56 am

^ I don't think anyone is protesting when Patrick wins DESERVINGLY, however, for the past two world champiosnhips (and many competitions in between) this was not the case. This is why many FS fans don't like him, that, and also due to his arrogance.

I'd laso love to see Javi win, but I hate his LP, and Denis' win would be awesome too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Evgeny Plushenko   Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:50 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
^ I don't think anyone is protesting when Patrick wins DESERVINGLY, however, for the past two world champiosnhips (and many competitions in between) this was not the case. This is why many FS fans don't like him, that, and also due to his arrogance.

I'd laso love to see Javi win, but I hate his LP, and Denis' win would be awesome too.

Exactly, sometimes saying less is better, because everything he says and every reaction he has in the kiss & cry will be reviewed over and over again and interpreted by fans and heard by fellow skaters.

This makes me wonder if he has a difficult time finding sponsors, or if his results make up for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Evgeny Plushenko   

Back to top Go down

Evgeny Plushenko
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2