HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

NHK Trophy 2011

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:57 am

I love the opening of Scherezade Love Hearts Mao looks very thin, but also happy and relaxed. Wub It's been awhile.
Can't wait until tomorrow. Go Mao! Cheering
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:57 am

what is NHK ch.1 ??? could you please give us the link, and if it's in japanese maybe translate what they are saying?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dangerous_angel_face
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:59 am

Yayyayyay, watching Mao move on the ice! cheers

I LOVE the beginning of the program. Her jumps look great. I can't wait!

As for Mao looking even skinnier than usual. . . I don't know. Mao is very thin to begin with, and black makes you look seriously skinnier than you really are. As long as she looks like she's in good shape while skating, I wouldn't worry.
And btw, while the popular opinion is that you should be skinny as a teenager and then gain a little weight, I personally lost weight without doing anything at 18 and ever since then it's been harder to keep any weight on. The same thing happened to my mom, grandma and female cousins (the japanese side of my family). So maybe it's just a phenomenon that's common for east asian females.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
purplemaze
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:05 am

ballerinamao wrote:
what is NHK ch.1 ??? could you please give us the link, and if it's in japanese maybe translate what they are saying?

Oh I'm sorry ballerinamao , NHK ch. 1 is one of their 2 main channels here in Japanese television. the reports on the news are:

yes, i recorded it on my cp and Yaginuma Junko said that MAO will include 3A in both her SP and LP!!!! Shocked Yup, that is the report...Yaginuma San (former Japanese Figure Skater) also stated that Mao's jumps look solid and stable at both practice in the morning and in the afternoon. She also stated that Mao's Spins, Steps and her general practice and stance today are good, except for the 3 axel which she can't seem to land, but overall Mao looks good she ended the comment...

I hope someone will upload it on youtube soon if not, i'll be trying to upload the video of it that i had taken from my Sphone. so there~ .... will leave for awhile and check my video gallery and lets see if it'll work to post here...

“Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday.” ~ Wilma Rudolph

flower websites:
~ blog
~ youtube

Last edited by purplemaze on Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:10 am

WOOOOOOW Shocked well i wonder if mao ever even considerete to take the easy rode LOL... cause it doesn't seem soo, well no matter what I support her decision, SHE'S SUCH A FIGHTER!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:12 am

Well, I did say that I would be very surprised if she didn't include a 3A in her SP. Anyways, it seems Mao is not changing her jump layout from last season. I still don't think it's smart strategy to do the 3A in the SP but as long as she doesn't let that one jump dictate the rest of her performance, then it should be okay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dangerous_angel_face
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:12 am

So she WILL go for 3A. . . That makes me nervous. And excited at the same time. It's a very Mao-like decision, and part of why I love her so much. Go Mao !!! Cheering Cheering
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:16 am

purplemaze wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:

Oh I'm sorry ballerinamao , NHK ch. 1 is one of the 2 main channels here in Japanese television. the reports on the news are:

yes, i recorded it on my cp and Yaginuma Junko said that MAO will include 3A in both her SP and LP!!!! Shocked Yup, that is the report...Yaginuma San (former Japanese Figure Skater) also stated that Mao's jumps look solid and stable at both practice in the morning and in the afternoon. She also stated that Mao's Spins, Steps and her general practice and stance today are good, except for the 3 axel which she can't seem to land, but overall Mao looks good she ended the comment...

I hope someone will upload it on youtube soon if not, i'll be trying to upload the video of it that i had taken from my Sphone. so there~ .... will leave for awhile and check my video gallery and lets see if it'll work to post here...

Wow, I'd prefer if she'd left the 3A out of sp, but then this is Mao. She never takes the easy road.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:32 am

purplemaze wrote:

OH! Very Happy Right now, NHK ch.1 is reporting Mao yehey! guys watch it, sports news are on now after japanese baseball, NHK 杯 will follow....
Thanks for the heads up, purplemaze! Daisies for you
I managed to see the Mao part on KeyHoleTv Smile I cought it just in time!

another video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPicVM6tObk&feature=share Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:42 am

http://youtu.be/KzdduRBprE0

the other one
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:45 am

Thanks everyone for the update!!!! cheers

Wow! I'm so excited especially after listening her SP music. Thanks Okami for the montage.
I'm about 80% sure that I was wrong with my first impression I had when I first saw her practice clip.

And Mao skates so fast!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzdduRBprE0

I don't think it's a cleaver approach to include 3A in SP, but it's Mao. I'm sure she will nail it sometime during this season!!!!!!

Go, Go, Go, Mao!!!!! Cheering Cheering Cheering

ETA: Shikure beat me! It's same clip from NHK. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:51 am

I like the speed I am seeing in her step sequences! But I'm worried about her 3A. She isn't getting enough speed/height into them. I'm most concerned that one jump might affect the rest of her performance. She also needs to watch out for the loop combos at the end. The one shown at the end of the clip looked quite tight on rotations.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
purplemaze
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:54 am

kaarolcia wrote:
purplemaze wrote:

OH! Very Happy Right now, NHK ch.1 is reporting Mao yehey! guys watch it, sports news are on now after japanese baseball, NHK 杯 will follow....

You're most welcome!!! Smile

Glad you catched it kaarolcia Very Happy i was trying to upload the video i took out of the said news, into my youtube channel but my droid won't let me upload it and its too slow Sad grrrr, my hubby is still using our desktop and i'm helpless Sad
I guess we have to wait till someone else upload it in youtube....

Like a Star @ heaven ETA : yup thanks shikure! you're fast and had beaten us all! Smile Very Happy

“Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday.” ~ Wilma Rudolph

flower websites:
~ blog
~ youtube
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:03 am

purplemaze wrote:
kaarolcia wrote:
purplemaze wrote:

You're most welcome!!! Smile

Glad you catched it kaarolcia Very Happy i was trying to upload the video i took out of the said news, into my youtube channel but my droid won't let me upload it and its too slow Sad grrrr, my hubby is still using our desktop and i'm helpless Sad
I guess we have to wait till someone else upload it in youtube....
Purplemaze, check the video which shikure posted a couple of posts above - http://youtu.be/KzdduRBprE0
I think it is the same which was aired on NHK in only Japanese version (I have seen the secong part with the two women-announcers). However I am not 100% sure, since I don't speak Japanese and my stream version was choppy ;p as always on KeyHole...Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:07 am

The 3A... *sigh* from the clips it's not stable at all. But maybe Mao was still adjusting there. I mean I don't think Sato sensei will agree to let her do one in competition if she hasn't been landing it in practices.

Btw, I don't think the Japanese media is helping Mao at all by airing her unstable 3As again and again. It will just add to the negative thinking people have of her 3As. Even if she lands a clean one in competition people will most likely doubt because of what they've been seeing in the clips.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:21 am

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20111110-00000018-spnavi-spo

This article has Mao's comment after practice session.

"(What the goal for this competition?) I want to deliver what I've learned in off-season practices. (What did you focus in off-season and how do you evaluate the outcome) I practiced everything including skating, steps and spins everyday. I think things are getting better little by little toward a final level. I want to deliver performances that hold elements together. Free program is the same one from the last season. Therefore, immediately I restarted practicing it in off-season, I felt that I've skated it so much already. Short program is a new one and I'm a little bit nervous though, I do love this program. So, I hope I will be able to skate it feeling free and relaxed tomorrow. (How do you feel about 3A?) I feel it's so so. I may be able to land it without getting underrotation call, but 3A is not everything. I want to make sure not to get low levels/reduction in other elements. [About the choice of SP music: let me omit this part for translation, caz it's the same story that Mao talked before] "

I hope Mao's comment that 3A is not everything will put your heart at ease, Aoi and everyone. It indeed made me feel relieved. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
purplemaze
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:28 am

roma wrote:
The 3A... *sigh* from the clips it's not stable at all. But maybe Mao was still adjusting there. I mean I don't think Sato sensei will agree to let her do one in competition if she hasn't been landing it in practices.

Btw, I don't think the Japanese media is helping Mao at all by airing her unstable 3As again and again. It will just add to the negative thinking people have of her 3As. Even if she lands a clean one in competition people will most likely doubt because of what they've been seeing in the clips.

I tend to agree with you on that part roma! Sad yeah, sometimes the media here can be so stupid that they don't even realize they are actually not helping the athletes with their reports but...; oppositely mislead us, the audience, and the whole skating judges for that matter. grrr >.<

kaarolcia thanks so much for letting me know! Smile yes you are very correct! the video that shikure shared earlier above is the same one we watched awhile ago, you in keyhole and me on TV here Smile heheh your understanding of japanese are just fine so No problem Very Happy I also added an ETA message on my message post regarding it so all looks fine now Wink Thanks again! flower

flower websites:
~ blog
~ youtube
Back to top Go down
View user profile
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:00 am

Thanks everyone for the links and translations!

I am not too worried about Mao's weight. She looks thin, but not more thin than she looked in some of the summer videos. She doesn't look weak to me.

Can't wait for tomorrow!!! Happy dance Happy dance Happy dance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:03 am

I'm so excited! And very nervous too... I'm kinda glad there is such a huge time difference and that she will skate at times that are inconvenient for me. Gives me a good excuse not to watch live. I just can't... I'll die of nervousness.

Besides the 3A, Mao is looking very good. I love the opening of her SP! The step sequence looks quick and sharp and not as crazily overdone/Tarasova-esque as last season so I'm glad for that, though we'll only really know for sure once we see it all. As for the 3A, I feel Mao was not approaching it at full speed. Anyway, no where near the speed she had at 4CC last season. I'm thinking that if she focused less on it during the off-season and more on other things, she might be a bit more hesitant while launching herself into it, which would be completely normal. This was a first practice with a new SP though... She probably needs to get her marks first and once she has it securely in hand, I'm sure the speed will come. Maybe not here at NHK, but as the season progresses for sure. If she can manage to show her progress with every other element on the ice, there's no doubt in my mind that a Mao with a 3A< is still miles ahead of eveyone else in this field, barring maybe a squeaky clean Akiko, or maybe Korpi, who got a couple of nosd from the judges last season, PCS-wise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:24 am

Thank you everyone for the new practice clips!!

purplemaze wrote:

OMG! Thanks purplemaze! Now I'm so nervous, but really glad to see Mao's stance has changed from skating perfect to not giving anything away.

linglang wrote:

"(What the goal for this competition?) I want to deliver what I've learned in off-season practices. (What did you focus in off-season and how do you evaluate the outcome) I practiced everything including skating, steps and spins everyday. I think things are getting better little by little toward a final level. I want to deliver performances that hold elements together. Free program is the same one from the last season. Therefore, immediately I restarted practicing it in off-season, I felt that I've skated it so much already. Short program is a new one and I'm a little bit nervous though, I do love this program. So, I hope I will be able to skate it feeling free and relaxed tomorrow. (How do you feel about 3A?) I feel it's so so. I may be able to land it without getting underrotation call, but 3A is not everything. I want to make sure not to get low levels/reduction in other elements. [About the choice of SP music: let me omit this part for translation, caz it's the same story that Mao talked before] "

I hope Mao's comment that 3A is not everything will put your heart at ease, Aoi and everyone. It indeed made me feel relieved. Razz

Thank you for the superb translation linglang! Mao has really matured in the last season. It is reassuring that she feels the progress of her hard training.

babayaga wrote:
Can't wait for tomorrow!!! Happy dance Happy dance Happy dance

Yep! Cheering

chiyori wrote:
I'm so excited! And very nervous too... I'm kinda glad there is such a huge time difference and that she will skate at times that are inconvenient for me. Gives me a good excuse not to watch live. I just can't... I'll die of nervousness.

Besides the 3A, Mao is looking very good. I love the opening of her SP! The step sequence looks quick and sharp and not as crazily overdone/Tarasova-esque as last season so I'm glad for that, though we'll only really know for sure once we see it all.

Laugh @ ur time difference comment. But ITA. The step sequence doesn't seem to have as much of those direction changes that Tatiana usually incorporates. It's much more natural that you can just take in and enjoy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:27 am

linglang wrote:

" Free program is the same one from the last season. Therefore, immediately I restarted practicing it in off-season, I felt that I've skated it so much already. Short program is a new one and I'm a little bit nervous though, I do love this program. So, I hope I will be able to skate it feeling free and relaxed tomorrow. Razz

Love Hearts Love Hearts Love Hearts
This comment made me want to see Scheherazade RIGHT NOW!
I can't wait and I am so excited! Dance

Thanks linglang for translating!

I have to admit that I am happy that Mao is still going for the 3A. It's "her" jump, that sets her apart from other ladies. I remember the press conference before the GP, with the whole Japanese team. Mao said that after the last season and her break she was very afraid that she will not be able to jump 3A anymore but then it got ok and she was very relieved. In my opinion, if Mao took out 3A from her programs, she would have some psychological bariers in executing it again. Usually once a skater takes out a jump from their program the whole jump goes downhill and it is even more difficult to put it back again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:45 am

Ahhhh cann't waiiiitt!!! Less than 24hrs before NHK happens!

Love, love love Mao's expression as she skates to Scheherazade!!! So excited to see it!

About Mao being thin comments:
- From personal experience and from working with some trainers:
As we build muscle and keep weight the same, we "look" much more leaner, as muscle is more compact than fat. When I was training to build muscle, everyone thought I lost so much weight when in fact it didn't change by much at all. It's just that you look "slimmer". Because of more muscle, you feel stronger, and I get a sense of that from Mao when she's skating now.
(Oh, and I don't mean build muscle as body builders do- they can bulk up because they eat like 3000-5000 calories/day, but if you keep diet the same and do strength training, you will look slimmer)

- However she looks, as long as she feels good and as long as it is helping her with her skating, it means that there is no way that her exercise regime is making her frail. Marathon runners are also *very* thin looking, but they are much more fit and are stronger than the majority of the population.

Goooo Mao!!! Show them what you got girl! Cheering
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:03 am

chiyori wrote:

Hahaha same here. I'm very nervous too, but I'm determined to watch it LIVE tomorrow ... just thinking about it makes my heart beat much faster. Unconscious

Thanks maowataiyo! Razz

kaarolcia wrote:

I have to admit that I am happy that Mao is still going for the 3A. It's "her" jump, that sets her apart from other ladies. I remember the press conference before the GP, with the whole Japanese team. Mao said that after the last season and her break she was very afraid that she will not be able to jump 3A anymore but then it got ok and she was very relieved. In my opinion, if Mao took out 3A from her programs, she would have some psychological bariers in executing it again. Usually once a skater takes out a jump from their program the whole jump goes downhill and it is even more difficult to put it back again.

I agree. I think that happened with Miki and Nobu when they opted for not to execute 3-3L and quad respectively under Morozov's tactics. Especially, with Nobu, it had an impact on mental part as well. If he had continued trying quads in competitions regardless of success rate, he could have at least try it and avoided ending up with zayak in FP at worlds last season. He said before worlds he knew he had to believe himself and be determined strong to land quad in competition, because he admitted that he was often overwhelmed by negative gut feeling that he might fail it before he launch the jump.

In order to improve success rate, be it figure skating jumps or other things, I think it's important to execute it consistently. Doing it on and off does not really help you.

(Well, I till think doing 3A in SP is not very good idea though ... Sweatdrop )

ETA: forgot to put "not" hahaha Laughing

Last edited by linglang on Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:11 am

I like Mao's attitude. The 3A is really just one element. Yes, it is a big one but still not as important as the whole program. I never liked how the media focuses soooo much on that jump and thus places so much pressure on Mao. If Mao can still put 100% into her program no matter if she succeeds the 3A or not, then she will be okay. Daisuke is a good example of a skater who doesn't let the biggest elements hinder him from the whole program. Actually, I've noticed Hanyu is also someone who will not be fazed by jump mistakes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
purplemaze
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:35 am

kaarolcia wrote:

I know kaarolcia, 3A is very special for Mao. Truth is, I'm half - hearted upon hearing this on the news a couple hours ago. As a Mao fan, I feel kinda proud that Mao always are sticking to her principles and still taking the difficult road, despite many obstacles. I feel that her attitude is such a real fit to be called a fighter. Aside for her wholesome, lovely personality, beautiful skating, and straight (sometimes stubborn) determination for her goals - these all make me love her even more!!!! Love Hearts But, i am also worried and nervous for her 3A plans for both the sp and lp. i don't know i guess because i feel confident that she would still win the competition even without it, with of course given the fact she nails all the rest of her elements. Or perhaps I just don't want to see her as what she was like last season... I can't bear to see her like that again honestly, ever. It'll just be heartbreaking. Though on the good side of it all, I think I will just try to see her doing what she likes and what she wants, bearing failures: a person can only learn by trying, and trying again, (with stumbles and falls along the way) until it really becomes a success. And I hope this one will be the result for Mao!!!! Wishing her the best of Luck, Love and good Wishes for her SP tomorrow... and for the rest of her new journey this season.

真央 頑張れ!!! Cheering Good luck!

flower websites:
~ blog
~ youtube

Last edited by purplemaze on Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   

Back to top Go down

NHK Trophy 2011
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 41Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23 ... 41  Next