HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

NHK Trophy 2011

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
jkblues
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:27 am

thanks everybody fot the updates. From what i see i feel Mao confident and happy, and i´m happy asweel she keeps 3A, she can do it, and is not Mao to take the easy way, so it was predictable.

it looks that i´ll love SP love her arms adn she looks so artistic, WOW only few second but it looks so impressing, i just hope the costume take advantage of Mao´s beauty and don´t distract people from her skating.

one question, at what time (Japan hour ) will it be airing? is it posible that it will be aired at NHK international?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:53 am

I am in minority but I'm not glad she is keeping the 3A in the SP. It makes no sense since it's clear she can't land it cleanly yet. It's pointless and it will hurt her score. From the videos, almost always her 3A seem 3A<<. I hope Mao will make me eat my own words, I really do! I'm just afraid of the media reaction if she is off the podium again. And her confidence too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:57 am

Mao looks great and trust me she's not unhealthy thin. I like her speed and jumps look strong to me, even with unstable 3a.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:16 am

Lady_in_black wrote:
I am in minority but I'm not glad she is keeping the 3A in the SP. It makes no sense since it's clear she can't land it cleanly yet. It's pointless and it will hurt her score. From the videos, almost always her 3A seem 3A<<. I hope Mao will make me eat my own words, I really do! I'm just afraid of the media reaction if she is off the podium again. And her confidence too.

I also think it isn't smart strategy but it can also challenge Mao to not be fazed by mistakes on the 3A. In the past, this one jump took a lot of focus from her, so when she made mistakes on 3A, sometimes the rest of the program fell apart. But it seems Mao has been focusing on other elements and the whole program. If she has this mentality during competitions, then it won't matter what jump layouts she has. Even if she makes jump mistakes, she can recover quickly and perform the rest of the program.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:24 am

aoi88 wrote:
Lady_in_black wrote:

I also think it isn't smart strategy but it can also challenge Mao to not be fazed by mistakes on the 3A. In the past, this one jump took a lot of focus from her, so when she made mistakes on 3A, sometimes the rest of the program fell apart. But it seems Mao has been focusing on other elements and the whole program. If she has this mentality during competitions, then it won't matter what jump layouts she has. Even if she makes jump mistakes, she can recover quickly and perform the rest of the program.
I agree, you made a great point . Why Patrick can win with 3 falls?(well, I know the answer, but still). If she can do the rest of the program clean with high levels on elements and with good GOE,she'll be fine. And I don't know why but I'm not that nervous as I thought I would be. Mao looked so relaxed in practice, it seems she has her confidence back and that's the main thing. She knows what she's doing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:26 am

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpjpn2011/SEG003.HTM Mao is skating second in the second warm up group Shocked But I think it's a good order for her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:37 am

Quote :

even if mao's 3A is a bt underrotated i the clips she may still land it cleanly i competition! and even if she didn't all her other jumps seems really stable they look really great... and as long as mao is in good condition i don't see anything stopping her delievering and getting huge scores that she does deserve after all the hard work and determination she has shown!

i feel really excitet and i can't wait too see Mao compete and show us her beautiful skating again can't describe how much I look forward to seeing her!!

by the way for some reason I might not be able to see eurosport live tomorrow which is why i would really appreciate if any free stream would be postet
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:05 pm

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xlecev_mao-asada-scheherazade-okami_sport
Shikure posted the link on somewhere - and DAMN I love the start of the music!
It sounds a bit like the snow dance in the movie Memories of a Geisha! *_*
Totally traditional! Very Happy
(a kimono style costume wouldn't be that bad eh)

Anyway - I had my reservations with the 3A - If it doesn't hamper her other jumps - Then yeah...
Seriously - We are talking about Mao here!
The one who crashed after a failed 3A and still won gold in 2008 worlds!
I know she has been having her ups and downs - But she will come out of this! Smile
(Yes am totally being positive abut NHK!)
Best of luck Mao!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:12 pm

aoi88 wrote:

I really like your statement. Love Hearts If she follows through with this mindset she'll definitely be still able to carry out the program as the beautiful skater she is. Not that she did not do so before, but the mistakes in a way lingered throughout the program in previous seasons. I actually really believed she wasn't going to put the 3A in the SP because of an interview a week prior where she said this season she wasn't particularly focused on jumps, but now I know that what she said was true and I just interpreted it wrong. Her interviews now make me feel that we're going to get to enjoy these programs in it's entirety even if she makes a mistake or not.

And this is another clip (sorry if it's been posted already Sweatdrop). It's basically the same one as the NHK english ones that have already been posted, but I think it has a little bit of the morning practice at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NLCwWFpsXo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:34 pm

purplemaze wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
Gooooo Maooo, anymore practice clips available!

I'm afraid none new clips yet ballerinamao , though you can check this link for Mao's new clips, youtube links and news articles:

http://mao.s174.xrea.com/modules/xhld0/index.php?id=8
just refresh it once in awhile, it works for me in finding news for Mao

OH! Very Happy Right now, NHK ch.1 is reporting Mao yehey! guys watch it, sports news are on now after japanese baseball, NHK 杯 will follow....

tks purplemaze flower flower flower
I want to know how you guys will watch the competition? is there a stream or something? what time is going to be?
HEEEEEEEEEEEEELP study study study Yep, Sadly Drama!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:43 pm

Man, the beginning of her SP is awesomely fierce!!!
I saw here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9gVfo20AA0&feature=youtube_gdata
I know with Mao it can be a lost cause but I hope she gets a pretty dress to match that music king king king
Back to top Go down
View user profile
purplemaze
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:16 pm

Dani-Chan wrote:
purplemaze wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
Gooooo Maooo, anymore practice clips available!

I'm afraid none new clips yet ballerinamao , though you can check this link for Mao's new clips, youtube links and news articles:

http://mao.s174.xrea.com/modules/xhld0/index.php?id=8
just refresh it once in awhile, it works for me in finding news for Mao

OH! Very Happy Right now, NHK ch.1 is reporting Mao yehey! guys watch it, sports news are on now after japanese baseball, NHK 杯 will follow....

tks purplemaze flower flower flower
I want to know how you guys will watch the competition? is there a stream or something? what time is going to be?
HEEEEEEEEEEEEELP study study study Yep, Sadly Drama!

Hi Dani-Chan! Smile Oh i'm sorry i just read this post of yours now.
Seems that i left my computer on and completely still logged on here pale Razz

Ok the time sched. of the live telecast here in Japan are as follows:

Like a Star @ heaven *GP第4戦:NHK杯 GPF NHK Trophy Schedule Broadcast*

11月11日(金 Fri.) 15:00~18:00 NHK BS1 Ice Dance Short and Pairs Short

11月11日(金 Fri.) 19:30~20:43 NHK総合 or NHK Ch 1 Ladies Short

11月12日(土 Sat.) 12:00~15:50 NHK BS1 Ice Dance Free and Pairs Free

11月12日(土 Sat.) 16:30~18:00 NHK総合/NHK Ch. 1 Mens Short

11月12日(土 Sat.) 19:00~19:30> 19:30~20:43 >NHKBS1 and NHK総合/NHK Ch.1
> Ladies Free

11月13日(日 Sun.) 13:05~14:55 NHK総合/NHK Ch.1 Mens Free

11月13日(日 Sun.) 15:00~18:00 NHK BS1 Exhibition / Gala

11月18日(金 Fri.) 0:15~1:40 NHK総合/NHK Ch.1 総集編 Summary of the NHK Trophy
Highlights recap

Will be back shortly Dani-Chan for hopefully some ways to watch it live, I just
have to grab me a coffee Coffee first, as i still feel very sleepy from late working
in front of my PC last night Unconscious I still feel groggy from lack of sleep hee hee Wink
see yah in a while ....

“Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday.” ~ Wilma Rudolph

flower websites:
~ blog
~ youtube

Last edited by purplemaze on Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
purplemaze
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:10 pm

Ok as for the Live streaming, I remember kaarolcia last night (my time),
was able to watch the Same NHK Evening news I was watching over at NHK ch. 1/NHK総合
thru keyhole . So i pressume if you download keyhole you will have live access on all
Japan channels. Including NHK ch. 1

Honestly I haven't gotten any idea yet on any live streams or networks where you can also
catch it live. I live here in Japan so I can watch on NHK channel 1 according to live schedules
as it is. We have pay channel (CS HIKARI Cable TV) here at home, but do not have BS Pay
channel. So I'm afraid I can't watch Ice Dance Short and Pairs Short; Ice Dance Free and
Pairs Free; and even the gala Sad as we don't have BS.

The good news is if keyhole is working for those who live in abroad, i suggest that you
download keyhole in your computer to be able to do so. And I remember clovera once
wrote it in another thread on how to download keyhole and/or Tv Ants.
Here is the said thread for instructions:

http://www.maoasadaforum.com/t873-online-streaming-thread

I hope this helps you a bit Dani-Chan Smile
I am sure there will be other members here who will share some live streaming links later in
the day. It is still 9:50 am here more or less so still alot of time left till it starts.

this link on SportsNavi will also cover live reports for NHK Event, just check it out when the
broadcast time begins...

http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/winter/skate/figure/data/schedule_11-12.html

Aside from ISU Live Results page and some Tweeters live reports , i am certain there will be
more ways to watch coming, as the time approaches. Be sure to check your country's time
difference with Japan. And I wish you and everyone of us here that we'll all be able to watch
the telecast, esp. the Ladies SP tonite. Very Happy

“Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday.” ~ Wilma Rudolph

flower websites:
~ blog
~ youtube
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:58 pm

Thanks purplemaze!

Mao's beautiful biellmann from yesterday:

Practice & comp schedule:
http://www.isuresults.com/events/GP-JPN_ColouredTimeSchedule.pdf

Live practice:
http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/channel/live/show/winter/484

Second practice group will be up next in 5 minutes.

1)Cynthia
2)Mao
3)Kiira
4)Alena
5)Akiko
Back to top Go down
View user profile
purplemaze
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:13 pm

maowataiyo wrote:
Thanks purplemaze!

Live practice:

Second practice group will be up next in 10 minutes.

1)Cynthia
2)Mao
3)Kiira
4)Alena
5)Akiko

You're welcome maowataiyo! sunny

And THANKS as well for this lovely pic. of Mao and for the Live practice link!!! Very Happy so excited here!

Here we go guys, the time we have been waiting to see is starting finally cheers

Hope all goes well for all the ladies in the practice.

flower websites:
~ blog
~ youtube
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:14 pm

purplemaze wrote:
maowataiyo wrote:
Thanks purplemaze!

Live practice:

Second practice group will be up next in 10 minutes.

1)Cynthia
2)Mao
3)Kiira
4)Alena
5)Akiko

You're welcome maowataiyo! sunny

And THANKS as well for this lovely pic. of Mao and for the Live practice link!!! Very Happy so excited here!

Here we go guys, the time we have been waiting to see is starting finally cheers

Hope all goes well for all the ladies in the practice.

I clicked the link, but there is no video. Where do we click next?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:16 pm

It's play by play report, so no link to vids- sorry.

Yay, purplemaze & a lot of you guys are here too! Yes practice is gonna start any minute!!

Second group in the rink now.

OMG, seems like Mao is going the Adelina route with a pant style costume in purple...

Last edited by maowataiyo on Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:19 pm

Thanks for the links! Too bad I can't read Japanese, it would be great if forum members can do as much translation as they can- much appreciated! Worship
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:21 pm

maowataiyo wrote:

Yay, purplemaze & a lot of you guys are here too! Yes practice is gonna start any minute!!

I am here too, everyone Smile
I take today off then I can watch Mao on time this afternoon ~
hope we can know what she will wear soon ~
maybe later on news we can see what kind of pants...uh

Last edited by shikure on Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:21 pm

Mao_Asada_sunrise, just like yesterday it's not video but they're posting updates on what the skaters did during their practice session. I used google translate on the page then refresh every 5 min or so... unless someone posts translations.

ET: Eh? It's saying Mao is wearing something purple...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
purplemaze
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:22 pm

Oh it was just reported that Mao's costume is a purple pants style! At practice though she was wearing the usual jogging suit.

第1組の時間が終了、続いて第2組の選手がリンクインです。

浅田真央はジャージを着ていますが衣装はパープルのパンツスタイルのようです。コルピは鮮やかなイエロー

And Korpi will wear a bright or light yellow costume, according to the jap. kanji above! flower

flower websites:
~ blog
~ youtube

Last edited by purplemaze on Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:25 pm

Hi, shikure-chan & roma! Glad you guys could make it and nice to read ya! Mao's costume is arabian-themed?

Hmm *maybe like the Aladdin costume?

Mao's music has started.

Last edited by maowataiyo on Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:27 pm

purplemaze wrote:
Oh it was just reported that Mao's costume is a purple pants style! At practice though she was wearing the usual jogging suit.

Omgosh really??? Hopefully it's nice? Aladdin-like costume maybe??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
purplemaze
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:30 pm

shikure wrote:
maowataiyo wrote:

I am here too, everyone Smile
I take today off then I can watch Mao on time this afternoon ~
hope we can know what she will wear soon ~
maybe later on news we can see what kind of pants...uh

Same here shikure, today and tomorrow will be my off from work too, only for this NHK and so i could watch Mao:D Glad to see Y'all here today guys... Dance

@sapphiresky : yes, it seems so! Smile i hope it's nice and lovely on Mao too, someone should post a pic. or something, Can't stand the suspense. geez! WOW!

flower websites:
~ blog
~ youtube

Last edited by purplemaze on Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:30 pm

I want pics of that purple costume!!! Now it's saying her music is over but how did her practice go?

*sigh* I shouldn't be here actually... got loads to do today but I just can't help it. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   

Back to top Go down

NHK Trophy 2011
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 41  Next