HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

NHK Trophy 2011

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:29 am

Music rotation has ended and skaters have 8 minutes left in the session.

Mao had a relaxed expression during her LP run-through.

She's going over her SP choreography in the time left. Mao fell on her lutz, but was successful in her second attempt. Did the 3A once- landed, but 2-footed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:40 am

Has Mao also skated in the morning practice, or just in the afternoon?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:41 am

Any news of how Akiko?
I just wish she skips the 3A until it's consistent enough to put it in her program. I don't think I remember her landing a good 3A in the GP series in the last couple of seasons( only one at 2009 TEB, in the Lp, but other than that, no).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:44 am

my nerves sigh.. mao is probably going to skate last in the sp right, or or isn't the order according to their scores... will be interesting to see her sp layout, and I agree if the 3A is inconsistent she shouldn't go for it in the sp since that would be a too big risk too take!

Last edited by ballerinamao on Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:45 am

Akiko did a full run-through of her jumps during her LP music. She landed a lutz successfully. Did a 2A-3T. Popped a few jumps later on. In the 8 minutes left landed a 3T-3T combo.

Alright you guys, I have to go back to sleep. It's almost 3 a.m....

Not too bad of a practice for Mao. I liked that they described her as having a relaxed expression. Hopefully videos are gonna pop up in a few hours. Also, for those of you guys looking at 2ch that aren't native Japanese speakers there's an anti writing silly stuff about Mao so don't take everything written at face value.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:56 am

ballerinamao wrote:
my nerves sigh.. mao is probably going to skate last in the sp right, or or isn't the order according to their scores... will be interesting to see her sp layout, and I agree if the 3A is inconsistent she shouldn't go for it in the sp since that would be a too big risk too take!

I think the skating order in the sp is according the skaters ISU ranking. Mao is currently ranked in 10th place, so she'll skate second in the second group and Akiko will skate last.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:17 am

Lady_in_black wrote:
Any news of how Akiko?
I just wish she skips the 3A until it's consistent enough to put it in her program. I don't think I remember her landing a good 3A in the GP series in the last couple of seasons( only one at 2009 TEB, in the Lp, but other than that, no).

but she landed a beautiful 3A last season with +GOE, but I don't have the gif rn in this computer... scratch scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:37 am

Dani-Chan wrote:
Lady_in_black wrote:
Any news of how Akiko?

but she landed a beautiful 3A last season with +GOE, but I don't have the gif rn in this computer... scratch scratch scratch

I know, but that was at 2011 Four continents. She also landed a ratified one in Japan nationals. It's just that usually Mao's consistency with the 3A builds as the season goes by. Even in the beginning of the 2007-2008 season she had problems with the 3A(the first good one was landed in the GPF). It just doesn't make sense to try it until it's consistent in practice. I'm just afraid that it's a gamble: if she misses the 3A the whole program falls apart.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:41 am

Lady_in_black wrote:
So she will be going for the 3A in the LP. I'm not so sure why I am surprised about it though Very Happy

I'm not surprised either. I just don't want her to be afraid of that 3A! Lol! It's easier said than done, but Mao is.... well, MAO!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:42 am

maowataiyo wrote:
Music rotation has ended and skaters have 8 minutes left in the session.

Mao had a relaxed expression during her LP run-through.

She's going over her SP choreography in the time left. Mao fell on her lutz, but was successful in her second attempt. Did the 3A once- landed, but 2-footed.

She did her LP with jumps?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:13 am

^ Yes Smile

I couldn't sleep and found icenews2014 already uploaded a clip! Thanks so much!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3muuVFFfiI
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rose

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:23 am

Thank you maowataiyo! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:25 am

maowataiyo wrote:
^ Yes Smile

I couldn't sleep and found icenews2014 already uploaded a clip! Thanks so much!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3muuVFFfiI

Oh God, she looks so unbelievably thin!! I just watched minutes before this her 2008 NHK trophy performance and she looked so much healthy there!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:38 am

Thanks, maowataiyo!

Finally a practice clip! I'm worried about how thin she is. But the jumps are definitely looking better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:03 am

You're welcome Rose and roma!

Does she really look that thin to you guys?? I mean Mao has always been pretty thin. Even when we thought she lost a lot of weight at Moscow Worlds it was only 1 kg.

She looks pretty sharp to me. Her rotations in her loop are quicker. The 2A looked effortless and look how bright her eyes were when she was rehearsing her sp! Positive thoughts! Positive thoughts! Arrow Cheering
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:07 am

Another video news from practices, this time including Taka and Akiko.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9gVfo20AA0

I like the opening of Scheherazadze. Wub

And I agree with you Lady_in_black and roma. Mao looks to be in a good condition, her jumps look better... But she is soooo thin... pale
And yes maowataiyo, Mao has always been thin, like every female figure skater. But in 2008 she looked more...fuller? She had a body of a young, thin woman - athlete. And now she looks like she is flat everywhere (that is probably not a good expression to use.. but that is the first thing that comes to my mind). A great difference is seen also on her face. It used to be rounder and now it is just..thin.
However, Mao is a very pretty girl flower And she sill always look good in my opinion Very Happy

Last edited by kaarolcia on Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:09 am

Now that you've mentioned it maowataiyo, yeah... there are quite a number of young ladies here that are as thin or even thinner than Mao yet they eat pretty normal (or even more) so I guess for Mao it's still fine. I'm sute Sato sensei and the Weider team are looking after her well. I guess having not seen her on the ice for quite some time makes us really worried.

I agree on the loop. It looks beautiful. And she did seem relaxed as mentioned in the practice reports so that's definitely a good thing. Can't wait for tomorrow!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:10 am

news today
http://sankei.jp.msn.com/sports/news/111110/oth11111019520009-n1.htm

http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/f-sp-tp0-20111110-861675.html
http://www.47news.jp/CN/201111/CN2011111001000692.html
http://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20111110/t10013873411000.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:11 am

Maybe it's her outfit, but look at her arms in her SP ending pose from the video, it looks unhealthy. I don't know, she looks frail to me compared with how she looked in the summer, but her jumps are definitely improved, I loved her 3Loop
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:14 am

roma wrote:
Can't wait for tomorrow!!!

Me too! Cheering

Lady_in_black wrote:
I loved her 3Loop
Woot!

Wah! Thank you kaarolcia and shikure! Daisies for you Daisies for you Many Hearts

I don't know what to make of it, but this article says that Mao attempted the 3A ten times unsuccessfully, but didn't seem fazed by it and even returned a smile.

http://sankei.jp.msn.com/sports/news/111110/oth11111020230011-n1.htm

Last edited by maowataiyo on Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:47 am

hmm Mao has always been thin, but maybe she looks thinner cause she is wearing black... anyway this time I'm not worried cause her jumps look good to me... the 3A beeing a bit unstable is understandable (if true) considering that she didn't focus to much on this jump this season!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:09 am

Thanks for the clips! Mao looks energetic so that is good. Mao is thinner compared to 2008 but she's been this way for a while, so I wouldn't worry too much. She doesn't look frail like at Worlds last year. I think it'd be good to avoid wearing black in her costumes. Wink

This is another reason why costumes are so important. Her jupiter costume was wonderful because of the light colors and long sleeves. These aspects helps accentuate her figure. On the other hand, her Fujiko and Chopin Ex costumes make her appear thinner. To avoid drawing attention to her thinness, Mao should not wear costumes that are too tight at the top.

Last edited by aoi88 on Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
purplemaze
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:25 am

Waaaaiiiii~ Guys, Many THANKS for all the new practice clips; articles; Pics.; and reports!!! flower

Just got home from a long day, went here straight and was greeted by all these wonderful reports on Mao's practice. Smile I just checked the clips, and yea~ Mao looks good and relaxed, her jumps look fine too particularly her combination 3F and 2L. What do you think of it guys (about her combi, looks like she will go for a 3F- 2L in the SP or was it for the LP)? Though she seemed thin than usual, I am not worried even a bit. Like what roma has said, we all know she has the best health support from Weider and her Nutritionist so let us all be positive. I just hope I'd catch this news on Evening TV via NHK, Thank you again everyone! I'm sure there will be more clips to be shown by late evening news so i will try to be awake as late as possible for it. Wink

Very Mad I am not so happy with the press and media opinions on Mao, like what i already said last week - the pressure is cooking, like what I fear, but we know Mao will kick'em all in the end. At least our girl is looking great and positive today, hopefully her SP will be good tomorrow. I just pray that it will. Can't wait! cheers

Lastly I had run into some english articles from abroad regarding NHK, not sure if these were already posted but i'll link it anyway as some of you here, might be interested to check and read it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/with-main-rivals-absent-japans-asada-looks-to-return-to-winning-ways-at-nhk-trophy/2011/11/10/gIQA72rs7M_story.html

http://www.universalsports.com/news-blogs/blogs/blog=gofigure/postid=566342.html

http://news.yahoo.com/japans-asada-aims-winning-start-nhk-trophy-090014586.html

though i don't like how these articles sound for mainly obvious reason that most of them are already expecting Mao to win NHK. scratch

“Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday.” ~ Wilma Rudolph

flower websites:
~ blog
~ youtube

Last edited by purplemaze on Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:43 am

Gooooo Maooo, anymore practice clips available!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
purplemaze
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:51 am

ballerinamao wrote:
Gooooo Maooo, anymore practice clips available!

I'm afraid none new clips yet ballerinamao , though you can check this link for Mao's new clips, youtube links and news articles:

http://mao.s174.xrea.com/modules/xhld0/index.php?id=8
just refresh it once in awhile, it works for me in finding news for Mao

OH! Very Happy Right now, NHK ch.1 is reporting Mao yehey! guys watch it, sports news are on now after japanese baseball, NHK 杯 will follow....

“Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday.” ~ Wilma Rudolph

flower websites:
~ blog
~ youtube
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2011   

Back to top Go down

NHK Trophy 2011
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 41Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 41  Next