HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Youth Olympic Games

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1035
Join date : 2008-11-18
Age : 32
Location : Montreal, Canada

PostSubject: Youth Olympic Games   Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:44 pm

Men's Final Results (Shouma-kuuuuun!!!!)
http://www.innsbruck2012.com/uploads/yog_pdf/FSM010000_C73B_1.0.PDF

Pairs' Final Results:
http://www.innsbruck2012.com/uploads/yog_pdf/FSX020000_C73B_2.0.PDF

Ladies' SP Results (Liza leads!):
http://www.innsbruck2012.com/uploads/yog_pdf/FSW010201_C77A_1.0.PDF

Short Dance:
http://www.innsbruck2012.com/uploads/yog_pdf/FSX030201_C77A_1.0.PDF

I asked this question in Shouma's thread, but I thought starting a new one was more appropriate... What's the age limit for the YOG? I'm guessing it's 16 since Han Yan is 15, and then there's Liza and Adelina, but no Yuzuru in sight... Poor guy. Already too old lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skating_fanatic

avatar

Posts : 90
Join date : 2011-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Youth Olympic Games   Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:13 pm

chiyori, I think that skaters had to be born in either 1996 or 1997 to compete in this event
Back to top Go down
View user profile
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 518
Join date : 2009-01-08
Location : Germany (NRW)

PostSubject: Re: Youth Olympic Games   Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:19 am

Ohh, the ladies FS with that starting order will be exciting Smile
http://www.isuresults.com/results/yog2012/SEG004.HTM
Go Liza, go !! Cheering
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1035
Join date : 2008-11-18
Age : 32
Location : Montreal, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Youth Olympic Games   Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:19 am

josling wrote:
Ohh, the ladies FS with that starting order will be exciting Smile
http://www.isuresults.com/results/yog2012/SEG004.HTM
Go Liza, go !! Cheering

Ouh! I didn't notice it was on the ISU website as well! Thanks josling! At least here, we have protocols. Risa had a worrying short program... she got UR on every single jumping pass...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3545
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Youth Olympic Games   Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:49 am

Wow, the favourites are going first and last. This is going to be interesting...

Come on Liza, you can do it! cheers Cheering

chiyori, hasn't Risa been having ur problems all season long? It sucks, but she really needs to learn to fully rotate her jumps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3545
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Youth Olympic Games   Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:48 pm

Liza won! cheers Happy dance Cheering

Final result:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/yog2012/CAT002RS.HTM

Ladies LP protocol:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/yog2012/YOG2012_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1035
Join date : 2008-11-18
Age : 32
Location : Montreal, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Youth Olympic Games   Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:12 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
chiyori, hasn't Risa been having ur problems all season long? It sucks, but she really needs to learn to fully rotate her jumps.

Yes but usually, she gets those ur calls in the FS, where it's more understandable because there are a lot more jumps. To get an ur mark on every single jumping pass in the SP is really worrying. She never had that before.

Her FS is pretty horrible this time as well. No less than 4 UR and 1 DG... It's not about having on and off days anymore... Her GPF free skate was like this as well... mostly clean to the naked eye and she received really nice applause but when the score came up, ouch! I hope her team has a plan for this...

Congrats to Liza! I'm so happy to see her win this after Nationals! It wasn't perfect, but I'm kinda happy it wasn't because she was perfect all through the fall and just melted on the biggest stage.

Adelina's skate, on the other hand, seems to have gone pretty bad... Poor darling, she really rallied for Nationals, but maybe the pressure is just too big. pale
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3545
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Youth Olympic Games   Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:21 pm

chiyori wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
chiyori, hasn't Risa been having ur problems all season long? It sucks, but she really needs to learn to fully rotate her jumps.

Yes but usually, she gets those ur calls in the FS, where it's more understandable because there are a lot more jumps. To get an ur mark on every single jumping pass in the SP is really worrying. She never had that before.

Her FS is pretty horrible this time as well. No less than 4 UR and 1 DG... It's not about having on and off days anymore... Her GPF free skate was like this as well... mostly clean to the naked eye and she received really nice applause but when the score came up, ouch! I hope her team has a plan for this...

Congrats to Liza! I'm so happy to see her win this after Nationals! It wasn't perfect, but I'm kinda happy it wasn't because she was perfect all through the fall and just melted on the biggest stage.

Adelina's skate, on the other hand, seems to have gone pretty bad... Poor darling, she really rallied for Nationals, but maybe the pressure is just too big. pale

Yikes!!! that's really bad and worriesome. She should work with a jump specialist.

For this competition both Liza and Adelina had to change their programs to junior level, so this could be the cause for Adelina's bad skate, although she hasn't done very well internationally this season (and by that, I mean skating clean). I think beeing the underdog is working very well for Liza, though this status will change if she keeps winning. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1126
Join date : 2011-06-04
Location : Haven

PostSubject: Re: Youth Olympic Games   Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:30 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
chiyori wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
chiyori, hasn't Risa been having ur problems all season long? It sucks, but she really needs to learn to fully rotate her jumps.

Yes but usually, she gets those ur calls in the FS, where it's more understandable because there are a lot more jumps. To get an ur mark on every single jumping pass in the SP is really worrying. She never had that before.

Her FS is pretty horrible this time as well. No less than 4 UR and 1 DG... It's not about having on and off days anymore... Her GPF free skate was like this as well... mostly clean to the naked eye and she received really nice applause but when the score came up, ouch! I hope her team has a plan for this...

Congrats to Liza! I'm so happy to see her win this after Nationals! It wasn't perfect, but I'm kinda happy it wasn't because she was perfect all through the fall and just melted on the biggest stage.

Adelina's skate, on the other hand, seems to have gone pretty bad... Poor darling, she really rallied for Nationals, but maybe the pressure is just too big. pale

Yikes!!! that's really bad and worriesome. She should work with a jump specialist.

For this competition both Liza and Adelina had to change their programs to junior level, so this could be the cause for Adelina's bad skate, although she hasn't done very well internationally this season (and by that, I mean skating clean). I think beeing the underdog is working very well for Liza, though this status will change if she keeps winning. Very Happy

Actually Risa has the problem all the time not from this season. but just like what JSF always did, they pretended that they didn't know.
when skater started to get those UR call, they started to see that. for ppl read on FSU, you can see similar discussion about kanako's situation.

Risa always has the pre-rotation problem and I saw ppl discussed that all the time. but this season, her UR problem becomes very serious since I can see the UR.
for someone can't recognize all jumps can see the UR, this must be very serious.
she did something similar in JNC, when the scores came out ppl were not happy, but actually she had lots of UR.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2008-10-16
Age : 27
Location : Russia,Spb

PostSubject: Re: Youth Olympic Games   Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:30 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbZjPnduSis&feature=player_embedded

I'm so happy for Liza!!! Even she is super tired now, as she told in her interview, she would not be able to skate full program if she would be emotional. Girl have too many competitions!

Adelina is too self critical Sad she said it was her worst skate ever- today my skating didn't deserve the podium , but thanks to my short program, which was rather good and I had 9 points ahead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abdiel
Triple Flip
Triple Flip


Posts : 207
Join date : 2011-11-27
Location : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: Youth Olympic Games   Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:43 am

I found links to some programs! I can't find Risa's routines though...

[1] Liza's SP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmN3xsyI-hA
[2] Liza's LP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXZrudp_zqM&feature=related
[3] Adelina's SP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7Hbr0llXhg&feature=related
[4] Adelina's LP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2owDaj3Jdt4&list=UUshoJ6_XUjuNEW0tp043v4w&index=1&feature=plcp
[5] Zijun Li's LP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL-jW-rdZ8k&feature=related

Congratulations to the winners! I think it's good that Liza won this, and that Adelina is not being complacent. I'm starting to like Zijun Li now. She has a very poetic style, and I like her FS. As for Risa... Risaaaaaa.....

_________________
"Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." ~Hebrews 13:5
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Youth Olympic Games   

Back to top Go down
 
Youth Olympic Games
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Youth Olympic Games Singapore 2010
» News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI
» 2012 Olympic Games
» Australian Athletics Youth team Ready
» Wrestling dropped from 2020 Olympic Games

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ballerina on Ice :: Figure Skating :: Competitions & Shows Discussion-
Jump to: