HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

A question regarding the legal status of "mixtapes" in Japan

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: A question regarding the legal status of "mixtapes" in Japan   Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:52 am

On other forums I've seen the reports of fans presenting the skaters with mixtapes (or, rather, mix-CDs Wink ) - that is, the CDs with either the popular music from the country the skater visited, or just the music that the fans would like the skater to skate to.

I was thinking of creating a similar CD for Mao - the question is, is owning such CDs legal in Japan? flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: A question regarding the legal status of "mixtapes" in Japan   Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:59 am

I'm not necessarily sure how legal it is, but I've sent and even brought over mixed cds in the past to my cousins in Japan of artists that I've liked. I don't really do that anymore because of Itunes, but I think Mao could easily attain mixed audio received from fans and not have any legal ramifications so long as she's not profiting from them Smile

I know Johnny Weir gets mixed Russian music from his fans all the time.

Is this CD that you're creating tracks of music that you like for Mao to hear for leisure or tracks of music cuts that you think would be good program music?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: A question regarding the legal status of "mixtapes" in Japan   Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:26 pm

Hmm, I have no idea if it is legal--but I have done this myself! Smile I made a CD of songs I wanted Mao to skate to and gave it to her (with some other gifts) at 2009 Worlds. sunny

I have no idea if she ever looked at it, or if it got lost among the hundreds of other presents she surely received, but I had "Liebestraume" on there, and "Schindler's List"! So I'm gonna pretend to take credit for it! Who, me? Hell, no!

View user profile http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: A question regarding the legal status of "mixtapes" in Japan   Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:07 pm

So we have Batsuchan to thank for "Liebestraume" don't we?! Wink Shame on Tatiana for taking the credit for it- j/k Laugh

Did you write a letter to her when you gave your gifts, Batsuchan? I'm actually thinking of writing to her again about wanting for her to work with different choreographers and costume designers and mom says people at IMG (since I can't send it via skating mama anymore) might take more notice if I wrote in English scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: A question regarding the legal status of "mixtapes" in Japan   Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:36 pm

maowataiyo wrote:
So we have Batsuchan to thank for "Liebestraume" don't we?! Wink Shame on Tatiana for taking the credit for it- j/k Laugh

Did you write a letter to her when you gave your gifts, Batsuchan? I'm actually thinking of writing to her again about wanting for her to work with different choreographers and costume designers and mom says people at IMG (since I can't send it via skating mama anymore) might take more notice if I wrote in English scratch

I did write her a letter with my gift--both English and Japanese versions. Very Happy You might be right about IMG though--maybe do the address for the envelope in English (romaji) and then either write the letter in Japanese, or both? I love you

View user profile http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: A question regarding the legal status of "mixtapes" in Japan   Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:01 pm

Batsuchan, good to have you around and you may do one of best choice for Mao Smile

about holding such kind of CD should be okay. in most of countries, unless you make and intend to distribute will be illegal. but if you create for personal use or send that to her is okay. but i want to have a copy from Batsuchan LOL --> does it make Batsuchan "intend to distribute"? LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: A question regarding the legal status of "mixtapes" in Japan   Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:21 am

Batsuchan wrote:

I did write her a letter with my gift--both English and Japanese versions. Very Happy You might be right about IMG though--maybe do the address for the envelope in English (romaji) and then either write the letter in Japanese, or both? I love you

You know I'll probably take to your advice and write the address in English and write it in both. But they might think two different people wrote an English and Japanese version because my writing in Japanese is.....Sweatdrop My dad once said it was easy to read, but looks like an elmentary school kid's writing. Plus, I basically can't write that much kanji so it will be like the last time and look like a noob wrote it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A question regarding the legal status of "mixtapes" in Japan   

Back to top Go down

A question regarding the legal status of "mixtapes" in Japan
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1