HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 1126
Join date : 2011-06-04
Location : Haven

PostSubject: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:55 am

CM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cgPC4wqGSU&feature=youtu.be all
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJDFsw7Lfbc ladies
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv77vdhUu-I&feature=youtu.be guys
http://youtu.be/YlfOkTvgywM Mao
http://youtu.be/ix5SS7OKcAc Taka
remember seeing Dai somewhere uh


Last edited by shikure on Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:14 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip


Posts : 422
Join date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:31 am

thanks, shikure! can't wait!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 2262
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : denmark

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:28 am

I am getting soo excited to watch Mao again I reallly really miss her, I hope she will be in a great condition and grabs her third world title here, and I also hope that the judges will not be biased and overscore carolina... I also hope there will be some practice clips soon, cause i am getting really anioux lol...

by the way do you think Mao is going to put a 3-3 AT WORLDS?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3544
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:12 pm

ballerinamao I agree with your whole post.
About 3-3, I'd love to see it, but maybe it's to soon. I think she'll bring it next season. Can you imagine a program with 3-3 and 3A Swoon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 2262
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : denmark

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:45 pm

yeah that would be soo amazing but you may be right the most important thing is that she shows up in good condition and delivers... i would bee soo thrilled too see wi again especially now after all she has been through, no one deserves the title more then her and no one has worked harder and sacrificed as much as her... it's really unbelievable when i think about the changes and the hardchips she has been through.. and as if that wasn't enough the judges just don't really show their appreciation and would rather overscore an certain person with an easy technical content...

seriously i have watched caroline, ashley's, aikos, kanako's performance several times, but there was no one who moved me as much as Mao did.... it's really funny that beside Mao sp and fs programs the ones i also enjoyed where kanako and akiko... cause caroline, and ashleys programs where simply blaa to me, it was really hurting my eyes to see ashley do her awkward positions and movement, and carolines uninspiring juniors program... it's actually times like these where my appreciation for Mao's natural,light, and graceful style grows, because it's times like these where one notices the differences, as well as what sets a skater like Mao apart from the rest.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3544
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:09 am

ballerinamao wrote:
yeah that would be soo amazing but you may be right the most important thing is that she shows up in good condition and delivers... i would bee soo thrilled too see wi again especially now after all she has been through, no one deserves the title more then her and no one has worked harder and sacrificed as much as her... it's really unbelievable when i think about the changes and the hardchips she has been through.. and as if that wasn't enough the judges just don't really show their appreciation and would rather overscore an certain person with an easy technical content...

seriously i have watched caroline, ashley's, aikos, kanako's performance several times, but there was no one who moved me as much as Mao did.... it's really funny that beside Mao sp and fs programs the ones i also enjoyed where kanako and akiko... cause caroline, and ashleys programs where simply blaa to me, it was really hurting my eyes to see ashley do her awkward positions and movement, and carolines uninspiring juniors program... it's actually times like these where my appreciation for Mao's natural,light, and graceful style grows, because it's times like these where one notices the differences, as well as what sets a skater like Mao apart from the rest.....

I couldn't agree more, especially with the "bold" part. I so hope Mao will skate two perfect programs and be happy with her performances, so we'll get to see that beautiful smile of happiness from her again. Wub

Are you talking about Carolina Kostner or Caroline Zhag? I don't like Carolina, but she does have good choreo. I'm going to be seriously pissed if the judges will overscore her again.
I was so happy to see Caroline Zhang coming slowly back to her old form, but her programs are blah, I agree. I'm not a fan of Ashley, I believe her 3-3 at 4cc should have been downgraded, her lp score was ridiculous, but she did have the best lp on that night, though I still don't understant how can she get such high GOE on her spiral...
Anyway, I highly doubt that Ashley is going to get such a high score at worlds, ditto for Carolina's from the netherland cup (132-ish Evil or Very Mad ).

10 more days and then the worlds starts! I can't wait. Go Mao! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CraZsk8r



Posts : 73
Join date : 2011-05-31

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:47 am

ballerinamao wrote:
I am getting soo excited to watch Mao again I reallly really miss her, I hope she will be in a great condition and grabs her third world title here, and I also hope that the judges will not be biased and overscore carolina... I also hope there will be some practice clips soon, cause i am getting really anioux lol...

by the way do you think Mao is going to put a 3-3 AT WORLDS?

ofcourse! hullo, it's MAO!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 2262
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : denmark

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:08 am

if she is going to include one it's probably going to be either a 3f-3lo or 3lo-3lo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3544
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:19 am

If Mao decides to put 3-3 in her lp, I think it's going to be 3F-3Lo. She's been practising this combo for some time now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 2262
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : denmark

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:21 pm

I wish there would be more coverage about mao's plans and training... worlds is going to be in a few days ad we still don't know anything, it's really funny how little coverage there has been since Mao has had sato as a coach he certainly doesn't like to have the media attention.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 1022
Join date : 2010-09-30

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:33 am

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CraZsk8r



Posts : 73
Join date : 2011-05-31

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:59 am

ballerinamao wrote:
I wish there would be more coverage about mao's plans and training... worlds is going to be in a few days ad we still don't know anything, it's really funny how little coverage there has been since Mao has had sato as a coach he certainly doesn't like to have the media attention.

I know, right? I haven't been able to update my blog at all, lately No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 2262
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : denmark

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:29 pm

the only consolation i find is that, Mao is probably training really hard right now lol, i never thought i would say this but i miss the paparazi coverage of mao

it's really amazing how it went from having coverage about mao all the time to like nothing since sato became her coach, it's really hard to get used to
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaabi



Posts : 52
Join date : 2010-10-02

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:57 am

it's strange i feel like there's even less news this time around than for normal competitions because there's so little talk about it seems like it won't even happen! it's this weekend right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abdiel
Triple Flip
Triple Flip


Posts : 207
Join date : 2011-11-27
Location : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:39 am

The wait is grueling. I think it's better this way since Mao will not be distracted by media, so that she can focus on training. I long to see her 3A and 3F-3Lo in one program again, [*2007worlds*] but all I'd like is for Mao to be able to do her best and be happy.

I can't wait!!

Woot!

_________________
"Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." ~Hebrews 13:5
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 2262
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : denmark

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:15 am

reminds me i really love Mao's 2007 fs she really had an incredible free skate that night- as well as debut to he senoir circuit, it was soo amazing to see her do 3-3 and 3A like nothing... it's just soo bitter sweet cause she was less then a point from winning 2007 worlds which i truly think she deserved, only because of the big mistake in the sp that had held her down... anyway mao's debut was unbelievable she really lived up to peoples expectation, and i agree i would love to see mao attempt both the 3-3 and 3A, but maybe not in the sp that would be really risky
Back to top Go down
View user profile
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop


Posts : 518
Join date : 2009-01-08
Location : Germany (NRW)

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:46 pm

AHHH, I'm soo excited guys!
Is someone else (except me Laughing !!!!) there at Nice?! It would be nice to see some forum members there! Smile
I'm sorry if I make some of you jealous but ... AHHHH, I can't wait!

(Btw, two days before I go to Nice, I have my last day of school EVER! Boogie )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip


Posts : 461
Join date : 2011-02-18

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:28 pm

josling wrote:
AHHH, I'm soo excited guys!
Is someone else (except me Laughing !!!!) there at Nice?! It would be nice to see some forum members there! Smile
I'm sorry if I make some of you jealous but ... AHHHH, I can't wait!

(Btw, two days before I go to Nice, I have my last day of school EVER! Boogie )

Wow, josling, you are so lucky flower hope you have a great time there! Are you going to attend practices? Please send us your reports as often as possible!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel


Posts : 892
Join date : 2010-12-25

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:40 pm

YOU ARE SO LUCKY!!! Seeing Mao is an absolutely amazing experience!! Give us full reports!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 1126
Join date : 2011-06-04
Location : Haven

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:15 pm

Envy you Josling look forward to see your report and have fun there Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop


Posts : 518
Join date : 2009-01-08
Location : Germany (NRW)

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:52 am

Actually I'm only there on 31th March and 1st April (FS Men, FS Ladies & Gala) because otherwise it would be too expensive for me ... Sad But better than nothing. And I will report everything I see (I hope I have wireless internet in the arena, so that I could do a live ticker for you or something like this. We'll see.) and I'll be at the Gala practices and my eyes will only be on our dream couple Takamao! Laughing
Somehow I wanna understand the high PCS from Carolina and Patrick (I never saw them live before) but otherwise I'm afraid of liking them too much... do you understand?! Weird.... Sweatdrop

But well, I saw Liebesträume at TEB last year and even with the mistakes it was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in my life, so I really don't know what to do when Mao skates to Jupiter and gives an encore (because she's World Champion of course!). I mean I'll collapse... Faint2
But sorry, that's Off-Topic! Too sweet!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip


Posts : 461
Join date : 2011-02-18

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:26 am

Event schedule: http://www.isuresults.com/events/WC2012_ColouredTimeSchedule.pdf
Practice schedule and music rotation: http://www.isuresults.com/events/WC2012_MusicRotationAll.pdf

For Monday and Tuesday practices Mao is in group C, but she usually doesn't arrive that early.
For Wednesday, she is in group 5 and her group practice times are 14:00-14:35 and 21:15-21:50.

I really hope that at least for the world championships she will get there a little earlier!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3137
Join date : 2008-10-16
Age : 27
Location : Russia,Spb

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:31 pm

babayaga wrote:
Event schedule: http://www.isuresults.com/events/WC2012_ColouredTimeSchedule.pdf
Practice schedule and music rotation: http://www.isuresults.com/events/WC2012_MusicRotationAll.pdf

For Monday and Tuesday practices Mao is in group C, but she usually doesn't arrive that early.
For Wednesday, she is in group 5 and her group practice times are 14:00-14:35 and 21:15-21:50.

I really hope that at least for the world championships she will get there a little earlier!
Thank you!!! With my diploma project I'm super busy last month, I hope I can watch at least ladies competition live! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3544
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:42 pm

babayaga wrote:
Event schedule: http://www.isuresults.com/events/WC2012_ColouredTimeSchedule.pdf
Practice schedule and music rotation: http://www.isuresults.com/events/WC2012_MusicRotationAll.pdf

For Monday and Tuesday practices Mao is in group C, but she usually doesn't arrive that early.
For Wednesday, she is in group 5 and her group practice times are 14:00-14:35 and 21:15-21:50.

I really hope that at least for the world championships she will get there a little earlier!

I think this time she will come sooner, since ladies short is on thursday. I doubt she would arrive only 1 day before actual competition.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 1022
Join date : 2010-09-30

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:42 pm

LOL!!! I love how we're all concerned about Mao's arrival because she usually scares us by coming in later than other skaters or at least too close to the time the competition starts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    

Back to top Go down
 
World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Biathlon World Championships - Ruhpolding: 1 - 11 March
» world finals 2012
» f2 world final 2012
» IZOD IndyCar World Championships presented by Honda at Las Vegas
» World 2012 attributed to the city of Nice , Euros Sheffield

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ballerina on Ice :: Figure Skating :: Competitions & Shows Discussion-
Jump to: