HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
ashcroft1086
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:11 am

shikure wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWhbwjnKfzs&feature=youtu.be T/T SP

shikure, thanks for the links and other updates.. looks like they will be atleast in third place after the sp... narumi always has beautiful/elegant costumes... i hope that mao will go to her costume designer.. Very Happy T/T skates like they are ice dancers... they have beautiful lines... Smile

zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:23 am

Yay, Narumi and Marvin are in 3rd place after the short! cheers Awesome.
I hope that Tanya and Maksim will have an amazing lp tomorrow and bring "the house down", they can do it. Yep! But I believe germans have this one in the bag.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:25 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
Yay, Narumi and Marvin are in 3rd place after the short! cheers Awesome.
I hope that Tanya and Maksim will have an amazing lp tomorrow and bring "the house down", they can do it. Yep! But I believe germans have this one in the bag.

Don't be so sure. Robin was barely catching his breath after the SP. V/T can still win it.They need other to mess up but if they are clean imagine the pressure the rest will be
I honestly don't think T/T will hold their third place. I do wish them that though
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ashcroft1086
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:33 am

the protocols for the sp are already uploaded...

http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc2012/WC2012_Pairs_SP_Scores.pdf

Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:36 am

The protocol is a bit strange, some judges went GOE crazy with the 3A
6.75 for TR for Aliona and Robin is low.
GOE for V/T's 3twist is too high. But they were underscored in PCS
Sui/Han have inflated PCS in my opinion.

The important thing is that S/S landed a difficult element and they have been reworded for it, something that doesn't quite happen in ladies unfortunately
Back to top Go down
View user profile
koala_lover

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:42 am

Lady_in_black wrote:

Don't be so sure. Robin was barely catching his breath after the SP. V/T can still win it.They need other to mess up but if they are clean imagine the pressure the rest will be
I honestly don't think T/T will hold their third place. I do wish them that though

yay for T/T! Very Happy i do hope that they get a medal!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:46 am

Who the heck gave +1 GOE for a clearly doublefooted 3A?! The judging was a bit weird.
I actually like Sui/Han a lot. They have big triks (not consisted though) and I love her charisma on the ice.
Hopefully, the ladies will have much better competition than the pairs today. And by ladies, I mean team Japan, Many Hearts don't really care about the others. Very Happy

EDIT: Lady_in_black, unfortunately I agree with you about T/T not medalling, it's why I'm so happy for them to get a small medal. V/T can win, but S/Z need to mess it up badly, they do have 8 points advanatge over Tanya and Maksim. And there are stil 2 chinese pairs. I don't see Sui/Han getting 140 points, but Pang/Tong can do it, if they're clean.(imo)
And of course Tanya and Maksim need to be on, completely clean. Unfortunately, she tends to land her jumps on two feet.

Last edited by zarinaballerina on Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skfan
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:50 am

thanks so much everyone, shikure especially, for all the news and links. i am over the moon that T/T skated a clean short. i really love the black costumes.

if only T/T could skate a clean version of the quebec concerto once, also. i was going to say, then i wouldn't care about the final placements, but, LOL, who am i kidding ^_^ skate judging sucks, but there are skaters who keep me from quitting the sport entirely.

odds are the top 3 will still be V/T, S/S, P/T. if i could see a long program where the only miss from T/T are intentional doubles or 2-foot landings, so that there's less disruption of the flow, i promise not to post here about the judging of the ladies event... hey, i have to offer the skategods something. ^___^

i am sad to see so many pairs not anywhere near their best in today's short. i think i was most crushed for K/S, because things were going so well when it happened. i know maxim looked very emotional after the SP but i think V/T will still win the LP if not the entire competition. i don't think russia is in any danger of losing that 3rd pair spot for next year's worlds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:54 am

There is a lot talks about the bad ice quality. After seeing Mao's 3a I think it can be true. No one skated clean today from top pairs. Maksim sad that in some parts it's too soft and in some part it's too hard. Also he added that it will be more clear after dance SD. If there would be the same problems, then yes, that's definitely the ice problem.

Last edited by polosatik on Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:55 am

Skfan even if the placements remain the same after the LP(hugely unlikely) Russia will get 3 spots for pairs next year, with B/L in 4th and V/T in 8th they would have 12 points which is enough(the number has to be 13 or less)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:04 am

polosatik wrote:
There is a lot talks about the bad ice quality. After seeing Mao's 3a I think it can be true. No one skated clean today from top pairs. Maksim sad that in some parts it's too soft and in some part it's too hard. Also he added that it will be more clear after dance SD. If there would be the same problems, then yes, that's definitely the ice problem.

WOW! How can a city host world championship and not offer great ice quality? I mean isn't that the most important thing in figure skating competition? If this is true, than I really don't understand how ISU could allow something like this to happen. scratch

But then again, they were ok with skaters freezing at last years euro...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skfan
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:07 am

Lady_in_black wrote:
Skfan even if the placements remain the same after the LP(hugely unlikely) Russia will get 3 spots for pairs next year, with B/L in 4th and V/T in 8th they would have 12 points which is enough(the number has to be 13 or less)

thank you. sunny i wasn't sure if the placement totals were the same for pairs as in singles.

i feel kind of sad as a T/T fan that seeing them in the top 3 means so many other pairs have not skated their best, but i hope that one day they will be fairly consistently closer to _their_ best too, and (if that day ever comes) they can contend under their own powers rather than needing bad ice (hey, even good ice is slippery) to trip up the usual leaders.

i hope the draw does not put mao at a disadvantage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:10 am

I hope Maxim can hold it together mentally, sometimes he just wants it too much and it's affecting him. He needs to relax a bit.
I'm shocked to hear about the ice quality, though it makes sense. I mean, at last year worlds almost all top pairs were clean. Today were so many mistakes and not only in the jumps, which is weird
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:15 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
polosatik wrote:

WOW! How can a city host world championship and not offer great ice quality? I mean isn't that the most important thing in figure skating competition? If this is true, than I really don't understand how ISU could allow something like this to happen. scratch

But then again, they were ok with skaters freezing at last years euro...
Our FG president Gorshkov already pointed that it was a mistake to give Nice Worlds, it's too hot here and it doesn't have a permanent rink.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:24 am

I just saw Mao on Sporto tonight. The interviewer asked her if she'll do 3a in her SP and she said Yes. No!!!!!!!! her 3a is not perfect. If she'll pop or UR it, she won't get over 60. I bet if she goes for a 2a, she'll get at least 64.

Any news about Karo ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:28 am

ddmm wrote:
I just saw Mao on Sporto tonight. The interviewer asked her if she'll do 3a in her SP and she said Yes. No!!!!!!!! her 3a is not perfect. If she'll pop or UR it, she won't get over 60. I bet if she goes for a 2a, she'll get at least 64.

Any news about Karo ?
No, I think she started practice only today. And don't be so pessimistic, to be honest I'm tired of all of you panicking and crying over there. We have to cheer for our Mao!Not crying!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Afsfan
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:38 am

ddmm wrote:

Any news about Karo ?

I think attemp 3A in short is fine as even she got downgrade the base value is still higher than 2A and it will not affect her stamina as it is short program. I'm more worry about the quality of ice (if it's true)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:46 am

polosatik wrote:
ddmm wrote:

Any news about Karo ?
No, I think she started practice only today. And don't be so pessimistic, to be honest I'm tired of all of you panicking and crying over there. We have to cheer for our Mao!Not crying!

WOW, Karolina arrived just on time.

Sato said in earlier season, that Mao can't take risk anymore and that she should not try 3a unless it's perfect. And I remember Mao said herself that she knows she can get good scores without 3a. I was happy to see a new Mao this season but it looks like she's going back to her old way of thinking...

But of course, I'll still cheer our dear Mao out loud! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:06 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhrDWG8_3x8

Mao says she doesn't care skating order for short program. She thinks it's good to skate first because she can keep momentum from six min. warm-up. She wants to focus her energy on short program to skate it clean. As ddmm quoted above, she says she will attempt 3A in SP.

She looks good and comfortable. Very Happy

Go Mao!! Cheering
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:18 am

men's practice live http://twitcasting.tv/arbyn_sk8

ETA: I would like to know who is the dumbaxx kept getting in Taka's line when he did run though. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:15 am

shikure wrote:
men's practice live http://twitcasting.tv/arbyn_sk8

ETA: I would like to know who is the dumbaxx kept getting in Taka's line when he did run though. Evil or Very Mad

The link doesn't work for me, but the skaters who are in the same group as team Japan are Javi, Denis ten and Peter Liebers. So take your pick Wink
Whoever it was, if it was done on purpose, that's not nice or professional. Mad

Polosatik, I'm cheering for Mao, but I have to admit it, I prefer when she doesn't "sabotage" herself with 3A that are not ready, and instead decides to play it safe and gets a very nice score for a gourgeous and clean program. Razz
However, no matter what happens, I'll always cheer for our girl! cheers Yep!

Last edited by zarinaballerina on Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:16 am

And exactly like last year, I just can't stop watching Narumi and Mervin's SP, despite the poor quality of the video. They are just soooo gorgeous!! And what a step up from earlier in the season! The lines, the extensions are even better, if that's possible, the throw is higher and cleaner than it ever was and Narumi nailed her solo triple!!!! They're so beautiful I could cry watching them. And that lift at the end... dear, they should get +5 GOE just for her amazing position... and then she just slips out of it into an even more difficult position so smoothly and so quickly that he barely has to stop his footwork! I love that they do something different and I especially love how they don't do that ugly star-catch-foot position all the other pairs favor for points.

By far my favorite pair, even when they aren't clean. I hope they keep competing despite the lack of chances they will ever go to the Olympics together. They have the same qualities as S/S, except they have even softer knees and Mervin is a better skater than Robin (proportionally... the age gap is quite big). With a bit more work on the throw and variety in the solo jumps, they will definitely be medal contenders. They could be here as well if a couple other teams mess up in the FS, but I'm a bit wary of Narumi's jumps...

It seems that while ice quality does seem to be a problem, the pairs with the strongest basics skating skills came out pretty unscated (can't remember how to write that word... unskated would be too funny lol). Not that V/T aren't strong basic skaters, but they do lack (he, especially) some knee action that seemed essential in dealing with the ice conditions.

Overall, jumps aside, this is very positive for all the japanese skaters since they all have the most gorgeous knees in the world, Taka-chan and Mao, especially.

Also, did you guys notice that Taka-chan seems to have the exact same early warm-up routine as Mao in the clips? lol how cute...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:24 am

chiyori, my favourite part of their sp is the entrance to death spiral. Amazing!

Is there truly no chance at all for them to get to olympics?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:52 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
chiyori, my favourite part of their sp is the entrance to death spiral. Amazing!

Is there truly no chance at all for them to get to olympics?

Well he would need to get japanese citizenship, which is near impossible... Unless the government makes an exception (wasn't done for Yuko Kawaguchi's previous Russian partner, which is one of the reasons she chose to move there and become Russian), he has to be fluent in Japanese and live there for quite a long time before being considered... And they train in Canada...

Or she would need to get Canadian citizenship, which is very easy, but I think I read in an interview that she really wants to skate for Japan. Japan doesn't allow dual citizenship unless you have one Japanese and one foreign parent... and even then, you have to chose one or the other by the time your 21 or 22 (see Kathy Reed and Chris Reed).

There were some articles a couple months ago in which he said he was considering applying for japanese citizenship, so I guess he has some back up from the JSF. I don't think he would have said that to the media otherwise; surely they are aware that regular odds are against them. I think that if they prove to be top contenders, he might be considered in time for 2018. But 2014 is just too close. And Narumi clearly said that she wasn't pressuring him and that she would completely understand if he chose not to. I guess that means they would stay together either way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:48 pm

The Russian curse continues, with Bobrova falling Sad
I feel soo sorry for her, as today is her birthday
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread    

Back to top Go down

World Championships 2012 - Pre-competition thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next