HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Japan Open 2012

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 703
Join date : 2009-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2012   Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:33 am

I've been searching for the protocols as well, but no luck in finding them Sweatdrop I read that Ashley scored 66 in the PCS in 2ch (so I don't know how accurate that is), but hopefully the official website will post the results soon.

I'm still really happy for Mao though Yep! It sounds like she skated strong. I missed her too much. Lol

That's a really cute pic, inskate- thanks a lot! And thanks to everybody as well for all the updates and wonderful pictures Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1298
Join date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2012   Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:42 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
swan wrote:
ashley 123.57? really? Evil or Very Mad

i know i didn't watch it anything yet, but still... i don't like ashley. her skating is so hard to like.

Suspect I don't like this. If she won because of the tes score(had a 3-3 or 2A-3T) then I can live with this, but if she won on PCS, than I'm going to be royally pissed. Mad

According to FSU, Mao had higher PCS. The difference was in TES and about the value of a double axel, so I think most of the difference came from there. Plus, a poster who saw the event live said that Mao's skate was beautiful and got a SO, but Mao hasn't mastered the program quite yet and wasn't as 'powerful' as Ashley, so I think she might have lost some GoEs (because powerful jumps usually score better).
Plus Ashley had great recent competitions, while Mao's been struggling - reputation matters a lot when it comes to scoring. Hell, no! I think if Mao continues to skate cleanly, her GoEs/PCS will go way up.


_________________
Good luck, Mao!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3545
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2012   Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:57 am

inskate wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
swan wrote:
ashley 123.57? really? Evil or Very Mad

i know i didn't watch it anything yet, but still... i don't like ashley. her skating is so hard to like.

Suspect I don't like this. If she won because of the tes score(had a 3-3 or 2A-3T) then I can live with this, but if she won on PCS, than I'm going to be royally pissed. Mad

According to FSU, Mao had higher PCS. The difference was in TES and about the value of a double axel, so I think most of the difference came from there. Plus, a poster who saw the event live said that Mao's skate was beautiful and got a SO, but Mao hasn't mastered the program quite yet and wasn't as 'powerful' as Ashley, so I think she might have lost some GoEs (because powerful jumps usually score better).
Plus Ashley had great recent competitions, while Mao's been struggling - reputation matters a lot when it comes to scoring. Hell, no! I think if Mao continues to skate cleanly, her GoEs/PCS will go way up.


Thanks for the report! Thank you! Oh man I can't wait to see this program and just think, with more practise time she should be amazingly fantastic by the worlds. Cheering Judges really like transitions so it's a good news that swan lake is full of them. Yep!

I also like the costume, it's simple, without choker/sleeves and no feathers, judging by the pic. Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1505
Join date : 2010-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2012   Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:06 am

Mao's dress is so beautiful!!





However, this dress may be only for JO (as usual) because of the shoulder part and skin color which reminds me of her costume two seasons ago. It looks like a dress she wears until her main costume ready for the season. I hope TAT and Mao will stick to this design!! flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3545
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2012   Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:17 am

linglang thanks for the pics. The dress is beautiful, I like it. I'm with you on the costume change, if she's going to change, please stick to this design. Many Hearts

And look at the crowd's faces in the second pic. Wub
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1298
Join date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2012   Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:24 am

I think Mao switched the dress after JO 2009 because this was actually an unused Caprice costume (the pattern and flower in her hair really reminded me of her Caprice outfit and I don't think the flower hairdress actually suited the mood of Bells), and her 2010 Liebenstraume dress from JO turned out to be too cold (no sleeves at all).

The Swan Lake has sleeves made from illusion fabric, looks comfortable and fits the music, so I hope she keeps it! Yep!

_________________
Good luck, Mao!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jkblues
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 361
Join date : 2010-02-25
Location : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2012   Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:29 am

Iīm so happy it seem the program was clean and i coudnīt help it but my eyes were watery when i saw the 3A in the practice clip. Not because of the 3A, but because of her satisfaction (and mine) that she is in good shape, Maoīs program can be incredible epic with or without 3A but we know she loves to jump it.

i want to see the program , any video? canīt wait. Tthe dress is beautifull and she gained muscle and some weight, she looks in very good shape and her heart has not the enormous pain was carrying before, that helps so much too.



Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3545
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2012   Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:32 am

I just saw the results on sportsnavi, I'm happy Dai won but what happened to Patrick? 135 is extremely low. scratch

inskate wrote:
The Swan Lake has sleeves made from illusion fabric, looks comfortable and fits the music, so I hope she keeps it!

Yes, and I love the stuff she has around her wrists.

ETA: I read on Golden skate that Chan had 4 falls, his only landed jumps were 3Lz, 3Lo, 2F, 1A (he fell on both of his quads, on 3A and on 3lz) can someone explain to me how such skate can get 135?! Suspect IMO, it should've been much lower.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
avatar

Posts : 963
Join date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2012   Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:49 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1810
Join date : 2009-05-07
Location : la-la-land

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2012   Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:54 am

I am really loving Mao's costume this time. Wub Same with Akiko's. Just can't help it: Mao the swan and Akiko the peacock (reminds me of the peacock I saw in a mountain resort here). Both looking so lovely! Swoon

Taka-chan looked so handsome but Dai... what are you wearing?!?!?!? Shocked Mad

But this pic posted by Tokitama on twitter: http://twitpic.com/b1i5cv

Wub Cloud 9 Many Hearts Swoon
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3545
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2012   Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:02 am

kirakira wrote:

Love Hearts So beautiful, like a swan princess. Dance Please don't change it!

roma wrote:
Taka-chan looked so handsome but Dai... what are you wearing?!?!?!?

LOL, I agree. I thought Morozov wasn't his choreographer, so I was shocked when I saw Dai's costume. If this costume "masterpiece" is Morozov's doing, hopefully Dai's japanese coach will talk some sense into him and he'll change it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 430
Join date : 2012-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2012   Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:15 am

Thank you for the photos!.
The costume is so lovely Love Hearts
It somehow reminds me of the one for Fantaisie-Impromptu
which was used in the first half of that season.
Although it was Lori's program ...


Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 2262
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : denmark

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2012   Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:22 am

silenceisgolden wrote:
Thank you for the photos!.
The costume is so lovely Love Hearts
It somehow reminds me of the one for Fantaisie-Impromptu
which was used in the first half of that season.
Although it was Lori's program ...



I was thinking the same thing, i need to watch the program I really want to see it right now, Mao looks exquisite in those pictures!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BowbowDaijin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 262
Join date : 2009-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2012   Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:27 am

I love that My Fair Lady costume too. Before I realized that it was
the same as My Fair Lady, I thought she looked like a swan. Exactly,
I think that dress suit this Swan Lake music rather than this dress at
JO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1810
Join date : 2009-05-07
Location : la-la-land

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2012   Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:37 am

Broadcast has started. you can watch on Keyhole TV: TV Tokyo but quality is real bad. I think I'll just wait for video uploads.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 2262
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : denmark

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2012   Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:39 am

noo i deleted keyhole tv some time ago Depressed Crying
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1505
Join date : 2010-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2012   Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:43 am

http://www.jiji.com/jc/zc?k=201210/2012100600267&g=spo

According to this article, Mao had UR call (not sure if one or more) and one of her spin didn't get counted. silent
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 2262
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : denmark

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2012   Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:49 am

linglang wrote:
http://www.jiji.com/jc/zc?k=201210/2012100600267&g=spo

According to this article, Mao had UR call (not sure if one or more) and one of her spin didn't get counted. silent

oh no why the heck was one spin not counted, maybe because of a new rule, good thing it happens now so that Mao will have time to change it before the GP

I really hope we will get the protocol soon!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 685
Join date : 2009-10-13
Age : 30
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2012   Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:52 am

linglang wrote:
http://www.jiji.com/jc/zc?k=201210/2012100600267&g=spo

According to this article, Mao had UR call (not sure if one or more) and one of her spin didn't get counted. silent
I know it may sound strange, but I actually think it's great news!
If Mao got UR calls and one of her spins didn't get counted - her program has a great scoring potential! Ashley was clean, right? And their scores were so close Smile And Mao didn't do the 2A-3T, it was only 2T.
Also it's better to find out something is wrong with a spin right now than eg during the GP series.

Can't wait to see the broadcast Very Happy And I adore Mao's outfit.
Also look here: http://sankei.jp.msn.com/sports/photos/121006/oth12100616440010-p1.htm
lovely team photo Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 2262
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : denmark

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2012   Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:56 am

I agree kaarolcia, and now Mao's score also makes more sense!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3545
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2012   Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:00 am

kaarolcia wrote:

I know it may sound strange, but I actually think it's great news!
If Mao got UR calls and one of her spins didn't get counted - her program has a great scoring potential! Ashley was clean, right? And their scores were so close Smile And Mao didn't do the 2A-3T, it was only 2T.
Also it's better to find out something is wrong with a spin right now than eg during the GP series.

Can't wait to see the broadcast Very Happy And I adore Mao's outfit.
Also look here: http://sankei.jp.msn.com/sports/photos/121006/oth12100616440010-p1.htm
lovely team photo Very Happy

My thoughts exactly! I'm so happy, if she manages to go completely clean (and with more practise under her belt I think she will) her score is going to be huge! With UR and missing spin she lost about 4-5 points at least, imo. And that's without 2A-3T. And we know she's capable of much more in TES department. Yep! I can't wait to see her in full shape! Dance

GO MAO! Cheering
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 2262
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : denmark

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2012   Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:05 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
kaarolcia wrote:

I know it may sound strange, but I actually think it's great news!
If Mao got UR calls and one of her spins didn't get counted - her program has a great scoring potential! Ashley was clean, right? And their scores were so close Smile And Mao didn't do the 2A-3T, it was only 2T.
Also it's better to find out something is wrong with a spin right now than eg during the GP series.

Can't wait to see the broadcast Very Happy And I adore Mao's outfit.
Also look here: http://sankei.jp.msn.com/sports/photos/121006/oth12100616440010-p1.htm
lovely team photo Very Happy

My thoughts exactly! I'm so happy, if she manages to go completely clean (and with more practise under her belt I think she will) her score is going to be huge! With UR and missing spin she lost about 4-5 points at least, imo. And that's without 2A-3T. And we know she's capable of much more in TES department. Yep! I can't wait to see her in full shape! Dance

GO MAO! Cheering

ITA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dangerous_angel_face
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 230
Join date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2012   Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:15 am

I can't wait to watch the program!

Btw, the article only talks about ur. . . Does that mean Mao did not get an e call on her lutz?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BowbowDaijin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 262
Join date : 2009-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2012   Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:16 am

ฺีBut because this is not ISU competition, so I don't expect that this score will be
Mao's standard score for this season. Not only Mao, Wagner also received more
low score if it is Grand Prix series competitions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3545
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2012   Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:33 am

BowbowDaijin wrote:
ฺีBut because this is not ISU competition, so I don't expect that this score will be
Mao's standard score for this season. Not only Mao, Wagner also received more
low score if it is Grand Prix series competitions
.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the scores at this competition count or is it only at grand prix? For example when skaters will compete at gp will their season best be announced (score from JO) or will season best start at gp? scratch I know scores at world team trophy count. This is confusing. Whirly

I have to see the program first, but I think 125 points could be Mao's standard score if she skates with minor mistakes.
I think Ashley is going to be overscored at SA to be honest, SA is the same as SC they tend to be very generous to their own skaters. Just remember this year's 4CC. Ashley did not deserve 192 points.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2012   

Back to top Go down
 
Japan Open 2012
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Similar topics
-
» 2010 Japan Open
» Japan Open 2015 3 octobre 2015 Saitama Japon
» Japan Open & Carnival on Ice &Medal Winners Open 2012
» Congratulation to Louis Oosthuizen on his win at Maybank Malaysian Open
» US Open 2012

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ballerina on Ice :: Figure Skating :: Competitions & Shows Discussion-
Jump to: