HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Adam Rippon

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
skating_fanatic

PostSubject: Adam Rippon   Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:41 pm

International Figure Skating posted this news about Adam Rippon earlier today:

Adam Rippon's manager David Baden released this news today:

2012 U.S. SILVER MEDALIST ADAM RIPPON ANNOUNCES COACHING CHANGE
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (Sept. 11, 2012) – Adam Rippon, the reigning U.S. silver medalist, announced today
he has commenced training with Olympic and World coach Rafael Arutyunyan in Lake Arrowhead, Calif. Last
season, he trained with Jason Dungjen and Yuka Sato in Detroit.

“After the World Championships, I had time to reflect on the season and came to the conclusion that I needed
to take a different approach,” Rippon said. “Over the summer, I received the suggestion to travel to Lake
Arrowhead and work with Rafael. I’m confident the move will be a positive one as I move forward in my career.
“I am very grateful to Jason and Yuka for their unconditional support and encouragement which brought me
to my first U.S. medal at the senior level.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Adam Rippon   Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:25 pm

Good move for Adam, Rafael is super great technical coach, hope to see him soon!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Adam Rippon   Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:18 am

Heck YES!!! Very good move Adam. Yep!
I'm glad Rafael is getting to work with more "known" students as their primary coach. However I've heard he demands of his students to work very hard, so...
Hopefully, Adam isn't looking for a quick fix and is willing to take time until he trully shines.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Adam Rippon   Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:12 pm

It's good for him. I feel that Yuka and Jason are good coaches for the cautious skater. They know how to work with them - like Jeremy, Alissa, and Haruka. However, Adam isn't like that as a person. He goes for things, and I think that he second-guessed himself a little too much this season under Yuka and Jason. Rafael should be able to reign him in a bit with some good discipline and set him up well technically. I am excited for Adam this season! Now if only Mirai would do the same...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Adam Rippon   Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:40 pm

Alokya wrote:
It's good for him. I feel that Yuka and Jason are good coaches for the cautious skater. They know how to work with them - like Jeremy, Alissa, and Haruka. However, Adam isn't like that as a person. He goes for things, and I think that he second-guessed himself a little too much this season under Yuka and Jason. Rafael should be able to reign him in a bit with some good discipline and set him up well technically. I am excited for Adam this season! Now if only Mirai would do the same...

I wondered the same thing about Mirai as well...I remembered there was an article on Icenetwrok from last season, about how Mirai enjoyed working with Rafael. Then why not go to Rafael when she decided to part with FC?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Adam Rippon   Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:44 pm

COHK wrote:
Alokya wrote:

I wondered the same thing about Mirai as well...I remembered there was an article on Icenetwrok from last season, about how Mirai enjoyed working with Rafael. Then why not go to Rafael when she decided to part with FC?

Because of travelling. It takes about 2 hours to get to Lake Arrowhead from where she lives. This was the main reason she stopped working with Frank. He wanted her to move to Palm Springs because the driving was to exhausting for her, found her a free housing but her mom said no.
She now trains in a rink that's only 30 min away from her house.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Adam Rippon   Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:34 pm

Adam is officially too skinny. Good gracious...

http://twitpic.com/d9ltte
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Adam Rippon   Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:25 pm

Alokya wrote:

Hmm wow that's a bit scary... He looks very tired and strained as well... Definitely not healthy...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Adam Rippon   Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:43 pm

Alokya wrote:

For the love of God, Rafael give him a sandwich! this does not look healthy. I wonder how he'll be able to skate to the entire LP without fainting, let alone land a quad Lutz!

This is why I believe that all profesional athletes should only lose weight with the help of an expert (nutritionist), it's so easy to take it too far. And if he has a nutritionist on his team, then IMO, he needs to fire him/her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Adam Rippon   Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:12 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
Alokya wrote:

For the love of God, Rafael give him a sandwich! this does not look healthy. I wonder how he'll be able to skate to the entire LP without fainting, let alone land a quad Lutz!

This is why I believe that all profesional athletes should only lose weight with the help of an expert (nutritionist), it's so easy to take it too far. And if he has a nutritionist on his team, then IMO, he needs to fire him/her.
Yeah... remember the guy that used to run the Axels, Loops, and Spins blog? Skating102 on Twitter? He has a #getthemacheeseburgerstat list. Meryl and Zijun Li are usually on there, and Adam really needs to be added to it as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Adam Rippon   Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:25 am

Alokya wrote:

Yeah... remember the guy that used to run the Axels, Loops, and Spins blog? Skating102 on Twitter? He has a #getthemacheeseburgerstat list. Meryl and Zijun Li are usually on there, and Adam really needs to be added to it as well.
This is the first time I hear of this guy, but I love the idea of #getthemacheesburgerstat, very funny, and for some skaters unfortunately very true. I understand why Merly is on the list, and IMO, Tessa should be as well (or maybe she already is) but I don't get why Zijun is. She's 16, she's growing so there can be a period where you only grow in height without filling out as well. To me at least she looks great. confused 

I don't understand athletes who take it too far, at some point, your body starts to lose muscle instead of fat (if there was any to begin with). You need muscles to be able to jump high and also land them, not to mention survive the 4.5 minute long program. scratch 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adam Rippon   

Back to top Go down

Adam Rippon
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1