HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

All Japanese skaters might be forced to withdraw from CoC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: All Japanese skaters might be forced to withdraw from CoC   Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:15 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
where did it all come from, this conflict suddenly popped out off nowhere, can't the japanese and chinese skaters just switch with some other skaters, it would be the easist and safest thing to do!

beside it would be totally disastrous for the isu if top skaters like Mao, miki and dai weren't able to go to the gpf just because of this situation... now i really want Mao to go maybe the can arrange some guards to make it more secure, but it would be unimageable sad if they didn't let them go.

by the way Mao, miki and dai all have the right for a 3 assignment and if they decide not to go to coc they can just ask for the third assignment now, that could also be used as a way to solve this conflict!

It's the time that's left that makes everything difficult to change.
Guards are already everywhere even in front of the embassy. But they even managed to block the ambassador's car and damage part of the embassay compound. I was told from a friend living there that even the post office doesn't send all the letters to your mail box when the receiver name is Japanese. We have to think if the skaters are safe in the hotel, they also have to be careful when they order something from the room service or have room cleaning staff entering their room, etc. They will also get stressed worrying about their safety when they are on ice performing....

The only way to calm the situation down is for the chinese government to tell their people but that's difficult when you know they are the one encouraging the media and riots to act like they do now. Too sad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: All Japanese skaters might be forced to withdraw from CoC   Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:12 am

ddmm wrote:

It's the time that's left that makes everything difficult to change.
Guards are already everywhere even in front of the embassy. But they even managed to block the ambassador's car and damage part of the embassay compound. I was told from a friend living there that even the post office doesn't send all the letters to your mail box when the receiver name is Japanese. We have to think if the skaters are safe in the hotel, they also have to be careful when they order something from the room service or have room cleaning staff entering their room, etc. They will also get stressed worrying about their safety when they are on ice performing....

The only way to calm the situation down is for the chinese government to tell their people but that's difficult when you know they are the one encouraging the media and riots to act like they do now. Too sad.

I fully support the JSF decision to withdraw their skaters from the event unless the situation improves. God knows what can happen to them if they would decide to compete under such conditions. However, IMO, ISU should provide a solution to the affected athletes. and I really don't understand how they (if the situation doesn't improve) can go on with this competition where athletes can't compete without risking their safety, simply because of their nationality. Disappointed

ballerinamao wrote:

and like i said before Mao was suppost to have a possible third assignment in the GP, and since a situation like this happened, it would be the perfect time to reoffer the third assignment again as a solution! that would be the CHEAPIST and easiest thing and also the most fair for all participants. since Mao from the beginning could have chosen to attend all three assignments!

Mao wasn't offered the third assignment, because under the new rules, the third assignemnt isn't possible anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: All Japanese skaters might be forced to withdraw from CoC   Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:00 am

BowbowDaijin has posted a link http://mainichi.jp/sports/news/20120923k0000e050159000c.html in off-season thread, so I just moved it here.

Let me give some more details from this news article just for clarification.

JSF will send Japanese skaters to CoC as scheduled. However, if anti-Japanese demonstrations, which have been put to rest now, are activated again in the future, the athlete may be pulled out. JSF has negotiated the measures because missing CoC will cost Asada, Ando and Takahashi for their GPF.

Seiko Hashimoto, chairwoman of JSF, says "Athletes are our precious treasures and their safety is our top priority. However, this season is very important because it leads up to Sochi Olympics. Therefore, we want to take all measures to send them to the competition.
We will ask ISU to cooperate us to secure safety. Also, for providing the athletes with psychological care, we will ask the Education Ministry for athletes protection guards as a part of its multi-support operations."

End.

I don't know about the last part, but it probably means that JSF wants the Japanese government to be involved in athletes security. If there will be around the clock guards for the athletes and tight security inside/outside the venue, I think it will be OK. I still remember the photos of Mao and her Chinese fans at the airport when she was invited to the show. She was welcomed eagerly and it was really heart warming.

As I wrote earlier, things will be OK, as long as the Chinese government keeps a good control of its people. It's reported in Japan that the anti-Japanese demonstrations in Beijing stopped immediately after the Beijing authority sent e-mail to its residents to not continue demonstrations. And demonstrators in other provinces and regions followed suite, obviously they were told to stop too. As many people say, it's quite obvious those demos were staged-managed by the government and provincial authorities including police, and they successfully managed them without letting them convert to anti-governmental protests.

I suppose the Chinese government allowed anti-Japanese demonstrations but prohibited attacking Japanese people. If there were Japanese victims (some people were attacked but escaped with minor injuries), the Japan-China situation would have gone awfully bad, and situation will get out of the scenario the Chinese government plotted.

It's very sad a Chinese man is half-paralyzed because he was driving a Japanese car. When he was surrounded by the mobs, he get out of his vehicle and apologized to them saying it was his mistake and regret that he bought it, but he couldn't escape from the violence. Probably some of the mobs got hysterical and attacked their own people, which reminds me of those anecdotes on epidemic hysteria in the Cultural Revolution era. Disappointed

I just hope the Chinese government will complete the change of committee members smoothly so that there will be no more disturbance to sports events by political fuss.

P.S. Mr. Ito said Miki will compete without a coach ... No This is more worrying me ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: All Japanese skaters might be forced to withdraw from CoC   Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:36 am

I am really relieved to hear that Mao will attend the event, as planned. I trust the JSF to be able to give the skaters the security needed. I think the made the right decision.

miki well she is better of without a coach then with morozov, and i really mean it, thank dog that he is out off the picture!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: All Japanese skaters might be forced to withdraw from CoC   Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:17 am

it's very sad to hear a lot about the situation...like ppl killed akida-dog because those dogs were Japanese dogs. some young ppl robbed store for Japanese stuff like canon camera then showoff on their weibo (kind of mixed of twitter and blog)

hope all the things can be under-control and JSF said they will judge that ten days before competition again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: All Japanese skaters might be forced to withdraw from CoC   Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:51 am

From what I 've seen and read, there are actually many Japanese victims as well. A Japanese man was thrown a bowl of hot noodle on his face and was burnt.
This ain't just a protest. With breaking things, killing animals, hurting people even their own compatriots and stealing things, there're crimes. We even see policemen pretending to block those people but are actually leading and encouraging them to do things like that.

I would say, JSF shouldn't make any decision now.

BTW, Shizuka Arakawa and Minoru Sano are now member of the JSF.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: All Japanese skaters might be forced to withdraw from CoC   Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:33 am

ballerinamao wrote:
I am really relieved to hear that Mao will attend the event, as planned. I trust the JSF to be able to give the skaters the security needed. I think the made the right decision.

miki well she is better of without a coach then with morozov, and i really mean it, thank dog that he is out off the picture!

I'm also glad that Morozov is out of the picture (too bad Dai went back to him Disappointed ), but Miki being on her own without a coach is IMO, not a good decision.

linglang wrote:
P.S. Mr. Ito said Miki will compete without a coach ... This is more worrying me ...

Is she without a coach in general, or just for competitions? If she's training alone, I don't see a "happy ending" for her. No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: All Japanese skaters might be forced to withdraw from CoC   Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:48 am

zarinaballerina, it seems she hasn't found a coach yet. In another news article Mr. Ito said that he hadn't heard anything about new coach from her. I hope Ms. Monma is helping her practice even though she is not becoming her coach. Competing after a year break without a coach must be really difficult ... No

You might have read this already though, this is Morozof's interview.
http://www.sports.ru/others/143247400.html

Thanks ddmm for the wonderful news.
Congratulations to Shizuka and Minoru!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All Japanese skaters might be forced to withdraw from CoC   

Back to top Go down

All Japanese skaters might be forced to withdraw from CoC
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2