HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
AuthorMessage
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel


Posts : 839
Join date : 2011-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:10 am

I don't see Mao retiring after Sochi either...as long as she keep evolving. (my other hope is that, if she chooses to keep on after Sochi, it would be ideal to just take a season off...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 1505
Join date : 2010-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:59 am

COHK wrote:
I don't see Mao retiring after Sochi either...as long as she keep evolving. (my other hope is that, if she chooses to keep on after Sochi, it would be ideal to just take a season off...)

Agree. I don't see her retiring after next season either and I hope she will take a season off too. But I doubt she will do so if she decides to continue because she likes competitions.

It makes me sad to think about her retiring (eventually), but I'll be happy to she her enjoying ice shows without much stress unlike competitions. I'm sure she will keep entertaining us with wonderful programs. Very Happy

Well, before that I'm very curious about her next season programs. Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip


Posts : 426
Join date : 2012-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:36 am

It says Mao-chan and Tarasova-san Smile



I read somewhere that TAT told Mao that
she had already prepared a new program for her...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 1505
Join date : 2010-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:22 pm

silenceisgolden wrote:
It says Mao-chan and Tarasova-san Smile



I read somewhere that TAT told Mao that
she had already prepared a new program for her...

Cuuuuuute Razz Thanks silenceisgolden.

I've read TAT and Mao were actually working on a Rachmaninoff last summer for her 2012-13 FP. But Mao changed her mind and switched to Swan.

Regarding next season programs, she said after worlds she had nothing in her mind in particular but would pick programs that she would like to skate to.

I hope TAT has prepared several options, not only one. But even if there is only one program proposed, I think Mao will giver her opinions and select the one she will feel easy and comfortable to skate to. Very Happy

I just hope her training towards next season will progress successfully. I'm sure she's eager to start training soon after the season is over but I hope she will have a good rest & vacation and enjoy her life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asada_Rising



Posts : 77
Join date : 2013-03-17
Age : 25
Location : California, USA

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:23 pm

I wonder which Rachmaninoff piece TAT and Mao were planning to use?

My guess would be Piano Concerto No. 2. TAT has choreographed twice to this music before with Sasha Cohen and Denis Ten. I think the piece is beautiful and it would be perfect for Mao to use. I think they might have felt that it would be better to use Swan Lake this year and Rachmaninoff next year because Rachmaninoff in that Olympic Arena could be magic.

Here is TAT's past programs:

Sasha Cohen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VXLwEcmkcw

Denis Ten
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6PdgHnKRO4
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asada_Rising



Posts : 77
Join date : 2013-03-17
Age : 25
Location : California, USA

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:35 pm

Does anyone know when Mao usually announces were programs?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3137
Join date : 2008-10-16
Age : 27
Location : Russia,Spb

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:39 pm

Asada_Rising wrote:
I wonder which Rachmaninoff piece TAT and Mao were planning to use?

My guess would be Piano Concerto No. 2. TAT has choreographed twice to this music before with Sasha Cohen and Denis Ten. I think the piece is beautiful and it would be perfect for Mao to use. I think they might have felt that it would be better to use Swan Lake this year and Rachmaninoff next year because Rachmaninoff in that Olympic Arena could be magic.

Here is TAT's past programs:

Sasha Cohen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VXLwEcmkcw

Denis Ten
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6PdgHnKRO4
Yes, my bet is also on Piano Concerto No.2. I loved Sasha program! flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asada_Rising



Posts : 77
Join date : 2013-03-17
Age : 25
Location : California, USA

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:17 am

polosatik wrote:
Asada_Rising wrote:
I wonder which Rachmaninoff piece TAT and Mao were planning to use?

My guess would be Piano Concerto No. 2. TAT has choreographed twice to this music before with Sasha Cohen and Denis Ten. I think the piece is beautiful and it would be perfect for Mao to use. I think they might have felt that it would be better to use Swan Lake this year and Rachmaninoff next year because Rachmaninoff in that Olympic Arena could be magic.

Here is TAT's past programs:

Sasha Cohen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VXLwEcmkcw

Denis Ten
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6PdgHnKRO4
Yes, my bet is also on Piano Concerto No.2. I loved Sasha program! flower
I loved it too!!! Mao should work on getting her jump content consistent and pick music that will showcase her strengths but I really think Piano Concerto No. 2 is Perfect for her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3544
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:22 am

I love Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto No.2 and I too think it could be magical, but it has been done to death already. So I hope she'll pick something else. And nothing too heavy please.

And just because Oly's are in Russia it does not mean that using Russian composers is mandatory! I have a feeling there is going to be a lot of Tchaikovsky programs and other overused Rachmaninoffs. Neutral And this is coming from an obsessed fan of russian clasical music.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 1126
Join date : 2011-06-04
Location : Haven

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:31 am

http://www.stona.jp/special/2013/report.html
stona updated her competition result page
http://www.stona.jp/special/2013/report06.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asada_Rising



Posts : 77
Join date : 2013-03-17
Age : 25
Location : California, USA

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:42 am

My favorite saying is "Once you hit rock bottom, there is no other place to go except up". Mao went from wanting to retire to having an amazing season. She has one last chance to skate her LP clean at WTT but no matter what she should be super proud of herself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel


Posts : 839
Join date : 2011-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:15 am

Mai updated in her blog yesterday that she'd have an interview with Mao today (Japan time) for Mai's TV sport news broadcast. Here's the interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDzYFIa1U88
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3137
Join date : 2008-10-16
Age : 27
Location : Russia,Spb

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:47 am

COHK wrote:
Mai updated in her blog yesterday that she'd have an interview with Mao today (Japan time) for Mai's TV sport news broadcast. Here's the interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDzYFIa1U88
Mao looks soooo beautiful there!!Ans stylish,love love ehr hairstyle! Many Hearts Swoon Better then Mai Too sweet! Thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 1126
Join date : 2011-06-04
Location : Haven

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:20 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toquXzyAajg weider's update
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3544
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:20 am

COHK and shikure thanx so much for posting the clips! Daisies for you

Mao looks so gorgeous and healthy in the video with Mai, and of course she is eating. Laugh
And Maki looks so... Swoon Embarassed

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip


Posts : 286
Join date : 2012-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:18 am

And we can see her landing a very good 2A+3T there, too! I hope she trains well and have a very good competition at WTT! Cheering
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 1126
Join date : 2011-06-04
Location : Haven

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:44 am

this one may be not news Smile
this nice person uploaded last group of Nats of 2002
http://youtu.be/AB7QJXxYwCw Mao is adorable

and clips of 2006 NHK trophy ~Jpn skaters sweep both Men and ladies' podium
http://youtu.be/Se6lYb7tvks
I miss yukari's spin position so bad Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel


Posts : 839
Join date : 2011-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:01 am

Mao has just been selected by JSF as the best athlete of this season and will be awarded "JOC-cup" on Apr 19th. (Dai was also nominated for best athlete in FS this year, and Dai was the awardee of "JOC-Cup" last year)

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20130331-00000068-jij-spo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip


Posts : 229
Join date : 2013-02-21
Location : Yuzu's Bedroom

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:37 pm

COHK wrote:
Mao has just been selected by JSF as the best athlete of this season and will be awarded "JOC-cup" on Apr 19th. (Dai was also nominated for best athlete in FS this year, and Dai was the awardee of "JOC-Cup" last year)

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20130331-00000068-jij-spo

Yayyyyyy cheers Dance Cheering so proud of her for all she's accomplished this season.
Just wanted to know, has she been awarded the JOC Cup and been picked as best athlete in FS before? She probably has with all the titles she won.

_________________

Mao Asada Fan Wub
I WILL tawk like a black person if anyone tawks SHIZ about ma boo..  Evil or Very Mad

To Mao doubters/haters:
Mao is the fabulous Swan Queen and you're fat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 1126
Join date : 2011-06-04
Location : Haven

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:46 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW4wrWVo0sw&feature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAcXcx6wEpQ&feature=youtu.be
new CM super cute

ETA: official website here http://www.weider-jp.com/cm/in-jelly3.html



Last edited by shikure on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel


Posts : 839
Join date : 2011-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:34 am

ilovethai wrote:

Yayyyyyy cheers Dance Cheering so proud of her for all she's accomplished this season.
Just wanted to know, has she been awarded the JOC Cup and been picked as best athlete in FS before? She probably has with all the titles she won.

I was wondering about the same question. So I tried to look it up and found this from Mao's entry on Jpn wiki:

日本オリンピック委員会
2004年度JOCスポーツ賞 新人賞
2007年度JOCスポーツ賞 最優秀賞
2009年度JOCスポーツ賞 最優秀賞

Yes, she was awarded the JOC sports award in 2007 and 2009.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
let`s talk
Double Axel
Double Axel


Posts : 189
Join date : 2011-06-08
Location : Japan, Tokyo.

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:27 am

The cast of THE ICE has been announced (partly I think). Who will be the next dancing Prince for Mao? Javi? Mura? Eh... Escape http://www.ctv.co.jp/event/the_ice/cast.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
koala_lover



Posts : 79
Join date : 2011-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:16 am

let`s talk wrote:
The cast of THE ICE has been announced (partly I think). Who will be the next dancing Prince for Mao? Javi? Mura? Eh... Escape http://www.ctv.co.jp/event/the_ice/cast.html

thanks! can't wait! i am hoping it is taka! (haha notice how taka's profile is next to mao's! =P)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 1126
Join date : 2011-06-04
Location : Haven

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:01 pm

new commercial page from OMRON
http://www.healthcare.omron.co.jp/special/


btw, did she get her ears pierced with kanako?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop


Posts : 785
Join date : 2009-05-19
Age : 30
Location : Wonderland

PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:53 am

COHK wrote:
Mai updated in her blog yesterday that she'd have an interview with Mao today (Japan time) for Mai's TV sport news broadcast. Here's the interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDzYFIa1U88


Thanks for this!
Mao looks awesome! I love her hair! Many Hearts
Btw is the woman in the beginning in the backrow also a skater?

Im so happy, she won an award! But why she never recieved the Golden Skate award? Not her or either Yuna got it yet, i really wonder why. There were skaters who won there, that didnt recieved half as much as these two!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!    

Back to top Go down
 
Mao News - The 2012-2013 Season!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 24 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Pro12 News; Zebre Name 39-man squad for 2012/2013 season
» Durrant Heat Major Bantam Boys (1999) - 2012/2013 Season
» Australian Domestic Season: 2012-2013
» Premiership Players to Watch 2012 - 2013?
» ADVANTAGE BASKETBALL BOYS TRYOUTS 2012/2013 Season

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ballerina on Ice :: Figure Skating :: Mao Chat-
Jump to: