HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

NHK Trophy 2012

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2012   Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:29 am

ddmm wrote:
yay !!!! Mao we love you !

The judge who gave -1 surely doesn't know how to count.

Shall I send him/her a CASIO calculator?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2012   Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:31 am

Good quality, Mao SP, plus Kiss and Cry: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sN8eSJfyZ0

Her reaction is really cute, she is like a little girl in the Christmas morning receiving the present she most wished for Cloud 9
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2012   Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:44 am

Lady_in_black wrote:
Good quality, Mao SP, plus Kiss and Cry: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sN8eSJfyZ0

Her reaction is really cute, she is like a little girl in the Christmas morning receiving the present she most wished for Cloud 9

Yey so cute. Love Hearts
I hope this will help her build more confidence.
I know getting negative scores from judges can spoil confidence of skaters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
goldmao

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2012   Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:46 am

I have a question concerning GOE because it's bugging me for quite some time and I don't understand it... how come for example with Mao's 2A that she receives +2 7times
and +1 2times but still she only gets +0.93 in the end o.O I mean that is not the average value right? I mean not at all....

But great scores overall Thumbs up! I am happy to see Mao doing well! Hope she stays consistent and still got room to improve Cheering
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kenkyo
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2012   Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:54 am

Yaaaaaaay gooo mao!!!!! cheers hopefully she will be as clean for tomorrow. loved the steps, way more energetic than china, seriously when it comes to step sequence i think no one can beat mao ( and dai!)
btw i always wondered ever since they removed spiral sequence from short program, does that make the program shorter?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kenkyo
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2012   Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:57 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2012   Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:08 am

NHK also uploaded Mao, Akiko and Haruka's programs
taken from the above moving camera.

http://www1.nhk.or.jp/figure/movies/movies_slct.html?ev_id=2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2012   Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:13 am

ballerinamao wrote:
anyway did you guys notice, Mao got level 4 on the steps, it's really really rare to get that in the ladies sp, I'm just soo proud of Mao!king

Yeah, just loooooved her steps tonight! cheers
And I felt her jumps were getting higher than JO and COC...it really felt like seeing the cute fearless Mao when she first entered seniors; yes, I think the word 'fearless' fit Mao the most tonight. You could really feel she was enjoying her skate and that her smiles weren't fakes. It simply felt so good to be able to simply relax and appreciate her skating...which I do not recall doing over the past several seasons (except for show and gala performances). Very Happy

While this 'I Got Rythm' pro won't probabaly make it on my favorite Mao SP list, it's the way Mao skates it which makes it special. It shows all the reasons why Mao was a miracle making kid on ice from the start; it shows that she's so good at what she does because she simply loves to skate! Of course she had talent and was a natural from the start, but her most precious gift is that she can enjoy being on the ice even if she has some hard times in between. Yep!

Btw, they showed a clip of Akiko being interviewed before tonight's competition, and she said she was acutally ready to retire after last season as long as she can be really satisfied that she was able to perform her best. And good or not, she couldn't feel that way but rather felt she can accomplish more, and that's why she decided to go on competing even though she's already 27. I was happy to hear that from her, and hoped that Mao would make decisions in the future in the same kind of manner. It all has nothing to do with winning or losing in Worlds or Olys...as long as Mao feels that she can do more and wants to do more, I hope she'll doesn't retire whatever age she becomes.

Tonigt's ladies SP was a real good competition. I only feel sorry for Akiko's popped jump and Elene doing not so well. But overall everyone did pretty well compared to some other GP competitions; no URs except for Makarova, and no edge calls at all! I like it better when the mistakes (though unfortunate) are visible ones rather than those which are hard to tell unless seen in slow motion. Plus I'm glad tonight's scores was, to me at least, quite fair! No overscoring for any of the skaters and no particular home advantage boost IMO. And even if some of our Jpnse skaters were underscored, I've got no complaints. I think it's better the judges be strict to them than overscoring and spoiling them. Razz

Mao's Guradian Angels (Facebook):To join plz contact me via PM
Mao Asada Fan Forum YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaoAsadaFanForum
JAPAN FIGURE SKATE FORUM: http://japanfigureskate.forumotions.net
Personal Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2012   Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:32 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2012   Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:40 am

OMG, I love how Mao is looking this season, not too thin, well shaped muscles, and of course Mao's smile!!! Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2012   Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:52 am

Wow, Thanks for the photos, linlgang! Happy dance
I hope to see Mao in a different costume at GPF, though. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2012   Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:49 am

One thing I like about NHK is the camera angles, especially the one taken from above. It gives better idea of how fast and which part of the rink the skaters skate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2012   Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:51 am

Ok. I'm not gonna complain about the costume. I'm just too happy Mao skated clean and looked like her she really enjoyed skating out there. Everything looked natural like how I remembered seeing her the first time. Nothing looked forced or fake.

Guess a number of haters will be bashing on that score (which is currently the highest SP score in the GP series this season) because it doesn't have a 3-3 or 3A. But then for me a 3T-3T doesn't have that much advantage in terms of base value and except for bragging rights that you did a 3-3. I don't think Mao was overscored. TES seemed just right. If she continues to improve on the quality of her jumps she can still higher GOEs. She's already capable of getting 2.00 GOE on the 2A, 1.2 on the 3L and 1.2 on the 3F+2L based on previous competition GOEs. If she can get higher it'll be better. Today only the steps got more than 1 in GOE so there's still a lot of room to score more.

We can argue that the PCS could have been higher but for now, we can be happy it was bigger than at CoC. It properly reflects this performance here was better. It's still not her highest as she was able to get 32.28 at the Olys. Caro has already earned a 33.14 at WTT. Yuna has a 33.8. Hopefully Mao's PCS it will continue to increase later on as she continues to improve.

I do hope she'll build on today and deliver a clean free skate tomorrow.

---

OTOH, Akiko!!! I'm not really liking Akiko's Kill Bill music cuts this season but I was surprised at the pop. Good thing she cleanly nailed that 3T+3T combo. If she delivered it clean I think her PCS will definitely be higher. Hoping she nails her FS tomorrow, too, because I really love it.

---

Mirai! Good for her to show them all she still has it. I'm so happy for her.

---

And Zijun might have been surprised she ended up third in SP! I already liked her at CoC so I'm obviously very happy for her!

---

Men... apart from learning Yuzuru broke his WR again I haven't seen anything yet. I'm hoping he'd take it a bit easy on the FS so that he won't run out of steam in the end. And I hope Dai can skate a better free tomorrow.

I did like this tweet a lot when I saw it earlier:
@amelia555 wrote:
Somewhere in Canada Patrick Chan choke on popcorn.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
kenkyo
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2012   Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:00 am

When does the FS start tomorrow?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2012   Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:07 am

And Philip Hersh tweeted this:
Quote :
Terrific SP for Mao Asada, with lots of personality, but very over scored. 67+ with a 3/2 and no triple lutz. http://exm.nr/UOL3eb

Uh... He's at it again. He better take a look at Ashley's scores, too, coz she also doesn't have a 3-3 and an even lower BV than Mao. Mao wasn't overscored on PCS. She earned that high score on her TES by earning positive GOEs in all elements and getting the same TES that Julia got at TEB even with her more difficult jumps. He has to wait for protocols before he posts something like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2012   Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:36 am

roma wrote:
Ok. I'm not gonna complain about the costume. I'm just too happy Mao skated clean and looked like her she really enjoyed skating out there. Everything looked natural like how I remembered seeing her the first time. Nothing looked forced or fake.

Guess a number of haters will be bashing on that score (which is currently the highest SP score in the GP series this season) because it doesn't have a 3-3 or 3A. But then for me a 3T-3T doesn't have that much advantage in terms of base value and except for bragging rights that you did a 3-3. I don't think Mao was overscored. TES seemed just right. If she continues to improve on the quality of her jumps she can still higher GOEs. She's already capable of getting 2.00 GOE on the 2A, 1.2 on the 3L and 1.2 on the 3F+2L based on previous competition GOEs. If she can get higher it'll be better. Today only the steps got more than 1 in GOE so there's still a lot of room to score more.

We can argue that the PCS could have been higher but for now, we can be happy it was bigger than at CoC. It properly reflects this performance here was better. It's still not her highest as she was able to get 32.28 at the Olys. Caro has already earned a 33.14 at WTT. Yuna has a 33.8. Hopefully Mao's PCS it will continue to increase later on as she continues to improve.

---

OTOH, Akiko!!! I'm not really liking Akiko's Kill Bill music cuts this season but I was surprised at the pop. Good thing she cleanly nailed that 3T+3T combo. If she delivered it clean I think her PCS will definitely be higher. Hoping she nails her FS tomorrow, too, because I really love it.

---

---

And Zijun might have been surprised she ended up third in SP! I already liked her at CoC so I'm obviously very happy for her!

---

Men... apart from learning Yuzuru broke his WR again I haven't seen anything yet. I'm hoping he'd take it a bit easy on the FS so that he won't run out of steam in the end. And I hope Dai can skate a better free tomorrow.

@amelia555 wrote:

I love that twitter post, and the poster is probably right. It's scary how good Yuzu is at only 17.

I'm sooo happy for Mao, like some of you, I hope as well that she'll change the costume but that's just nitpicking. This program is never going to become my favourite, but I absolutely love how Mao performs to it. She looks so happy and relaxed, and when I remember all that she's been through over the past few years I can't help but get teary eyed. She's slowly but surely getting back to her old (great) self. i can't wait for tomorrow.

I also love Zijun Li, if she survives the puberty, she'll be the one to watch in a few years time.

roma wrote:
Quote:
Terrific SP for Mao Asada, with lots of personality, but very over scored. 67+ with a 3/2 and no triple lutz. http://exm.nr/UOL3eb

Uh... He's at it again. He better take a look at Ashley's scores, too, coz she also doesn't have a 3-3 and an even lower BV than Mao. Mao wasn't overscored on PCS. She earned that high score on her TES by earning positive GOEs in all elements and getting the same TES that Julia got at TEB even with her more difficult jumps. He has to wait for protocols before he posts something like that.

Oh please, if Ashley managed to get that score without 3-3 he'd be all over twitter trying to defend her score. I can't believe there are people who still take this guy seriously. To me he lost all credibility a long time ago.

Like you said roma, it'd be better for him if he first analyzed otrher skaters' (especially Ashley's and Kiira's) score before posting his "thoughts". Rolling Eyes But this is Phil Hersh we're talking about so...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2012   Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:40 am

linglang wrote:
ddmm wrote:
yay !!!! Mao we love you !

The judge who gave -1 surely doesn't know how to count.

Shall I send him/her a CASIO calculator?

Laughing I'll send one as well, just to be safe. This is why I hate anonymous judging, some of the scores are ridiculous.

goldmao wrote:
I have a question concerning GOE because it's bugging me for quite some time and I don't understand it... how come for example with Mao's 2A that she receives +2 7times
and +1 2times but still she only gets +0.93 in the end
I mean that is not the average value right? I mean not at all....

Because ISU changed the rules yet again. The maximum GOE for 2A, (if all the judges give you +3) is 1.5, this is why Mao received 0.93. For other triples (except 3A) the maximum GOE is 2.1 This why skaters receive lower GOE than in the past.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
fgr8sktrfn

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2012   Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:52 am

goldmao wrote:
and +1 2times but still she only gets +0.93 in the end o.O I mean that is not the average value right? I mean not at all....

But great scores overall Thumbs up! I am happy to see Mao doing well! Hope she stays consistent and still got room to improve Cheering

Hello "goldmao" since I am new here and I am not very good at explaining this new "IJS" or "CoP" scoring system but this is how I figure this out.

Mao received seven +2 GoE and two +1 GoE for this beautiful 2axel out of very nice "Fan Spiral" entry(very difficult entry,IMO", very tight air position, good clean landing with nice flow out(clean edges). If Mao would added "Tano" position in the air or added creative exit, such as edge pull or attitude position, she could have
received +3 GoE,IMHO.

to answer youe question, there are nine judges but with this new system, they throw out "High" score and "Low" score.
so you are left with six +2 GoE and one +1 GoE. so you add all GoE score and score is +13 GoE.
you divide +13 by 7 judges = 1.857(average GoE score) you follow me so far?
now, 2axel has a value of 3.5 (Base score)

here it gets a little complicated, according to International Skating Union Communication No. 1724
2axel GoE (grade of execution) value +3 +2 +1 Base(0) -1 -2 -3 values correspond to:
(1.5)(1.0) (0.5) (-0.5)(-1.0)(-1.5) numeric values

are you still with me? so if Mao received straight +2 GoE from all 7 judges, then Mao's 2axel score would be 3.5(Base) plus +1 GoE = 4.5

since Mao received six +2GoE and one +1 GoE , Equation is 13 : 14 = x(unknown value) : 1(numeric value of +2 GoE)
14x = 13
x = 13/14
x = 0.93
Mao received 2axel jump of 3.5 + 0.93 = 4.23

I hope this will make sense and helped you somewhat?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2012   Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:58 am

fgr8sktrfn, thanks for explaining in such detail. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fgr8sktrfn

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2012   Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:02 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
fgr8sktrfn, thanks for explaining in such detail. Thank you!

you are welcom "zarinaballerina"
I do enjoy reading many of your posts and so many other Mao fans in this forum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2012   Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:12 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
roma wrote:

---

---

---

---

@amelia555 wrote:

I love that twitter post, and the poster is probably right. It's scary how good Yuzu is at only 17.

I'm sooo happy for Mao, like some of you, I hope as well that she'll change the costume but that's just nitpicking. This program is never going to become my favourite, but I absolutely love how Mao performs to it. She looks so happy and relaxed, and when I remember all that she's been through over the past few years I can't help but get teary eyed. She's slowly but surely getting back to her old (great) self. i can't wait for tomorrow.

I also love Zijun Li, if she survives the puberty, she'll be the one to watch in a few years time.

roma wrote:
Quote:

Oh please, if Ashley managed to get that score without 3-3 he'd be all over twitter trying to defend her score. I can't believe there are people who still take this guy seriously. To me he lost all credibility a long time ago.

Like you said roma, it'd be better for him if he first analyzed otrher skaters' (especially Ashley's and Kiira's) score before posting his "thoughts". Rolling Eyes But this is Phil Hersh we're talking about so...

yeah, he's an idiot. he tweeted about how ashley and her superficial program should've outscored yulia. Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2012   Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:30 am

Hersh is just scared because he knows that a clean Mao would beat Ashley anytime...

Few weeks ago - He posted this tweet -
"At the moment, after her two GP skates this season, @AshWagner2010 is indisputably the best woman skater in the world (Sorry, Mao fans)"

Seriously! Dude is blind! 0_o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2012   Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:48 am

haha at his use of "indisputably." he needs to learn the proper use of the word because there's plenty of people out there disputing his claim of ashley being the best skater. no, she's not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2012   Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:50 am

haha his comment is so funny, the only thing i have left for him is this "in your face dude"

anyway did yo guys notice how Mao has added a few more transitions in the program, like when she does her combo she raises her hands after it, I really love that part!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
goldmao

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2012   Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:59 am

Oh thank you very much for that wonderful explanation Thank you! Cheering
I only knew about that eliminating the high and low scores but I didn't get how to add them up so I get 0.93, so thank you guys again Love
Now I finally understand these GOE's scores king
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2012   

Back to top Go down

NHK Trophy 2012
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next