HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best?
No sleeves
47%
 47% [ 7 ]
Short sleeves
13%
 13% [ 2 ]
Long Sleeves
20%
 20% [ 3 ]
Anything with wrist covers or gloves
7%
 7% [ 1 ]
Anything without wrist covers or gloves
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Anything with a choker
7%
 7% [ 1 ]
Anything without a choker
6%
 6% [ 1 ]
Pants suit
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Others
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 15
 

AuthorMessage
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1348
Join date : 2010-03-04
Location : The Far East

PostSubject: Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best?   Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:22 pm

Just wondering which type of costumes everyone prefers for Mao...if you have more opinions than the poll options, plz post freely. Smile

Also, if there's any particular color you really like on Mao, I'd like to know them too!

I'm one for Anything with wrist covers or gloves...preferably with no sleeves. I know Mao has beautiful arms but I think she looks real cool with gloves or wrist covers. I'm minority for sure, but looking back on it, I think the "Bells" costume was quite nicer than I thought at first. Love Hearts

The first original design for the '"Bells" costume which she only wore in France, was definitely not a good design to appeal her skills. But in terms of fashion, I thought it was pure mode level, too! Thought it was one of the most unique designs in ladys costumes over the past few years, just like Yuna's 007 costume which was mode level too IMO. Razz

As for the best color which I think fits Mao is...white. I know white doesn't stand out in competitions, but I think she was just divine in her simple white costume for the Chopin Ballade EX! Many Hearts

Your thoughts plz!

_________________

Mao's Guradian Angels (Facebook):To join plz contact me via PM
Mao Asada Fan Forum YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaoAsadaFanForum
JAPAN FIGURE SKATE FORUM: http://japanfigureskate.forumotions.net
Personal Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3545
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best?   Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:31 am

I voted for no sleeves, but I also like wrist covers, without gloves.

My favourite costume of hers is the Claire de Lune (both versions). I think she looks amazing in rich colours and I'd love to see her in midnight blue, dark red or aubergine colour. Swoon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1348
Join date : 2010-03-04
Location : The Far East

PostSubject: Re: Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best?   Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:28 am

Thanks for posting zarinaballerina! Very Happy
I loved the Claire de Lune costumes too! If not wrist covers or gloves, I would've chosen long sleeves like the Claire de Lune light blueish purple costume. Don't know why but I think her arms look longer in long sleeves... I love you

_________________

Mao's Guradian Angels (Facebook):To join plz contact me via PM
Mao Asada Fan Forum YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaoAsadaFanForum
JAPAN FIGURE SKATE FORUM: http://japanfigureskate.forumotions.net
Personal Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 461
Join date : 2011-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best?   Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:02 pm

I, too, voted for long sleeves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1348
Join date : 2010-03-04
Location : The Far East

PostSubject: Re: Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best?   Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:24 am

babayaga wrote:
I, too, voted for long sleeves.

Thanks for voting babayaga! Smile
Not many members seem to be voting so I'm so happy you did so! sunny

Speaking of long sleeves, the costume for Mao's tango EX (the one on the right top of this forum's title image) was nice with only one armed long sleeve too! Loved that one Love Hearts

Btw, like many of you in this forum, although Mao's Swan Lake costume was pretty well recieved, here in Japan many fans are complaining they didn't do a good job on the upper fake skin (or whatever you call it) part as well...hoping they'd fix that part by COC. Rolling Eyes

_________________

Mao's Guradian Angels (Facebook):To join plz contact me via PM
Mao Asada Fan Forum YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaoAsadaFanForum
JAPAN FIGURE SKATE FORUM: http://japanfigureskate.forumotions.net
Personal Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3545
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best?   Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:28 am

Pochi, Mao's "fake skin" was never done very well, it was always a bit to dark. IMO, they should use a lighter shade.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1348
Join date : 2010-03-04
Location : The Far East

PostSubject: Re: Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best?   Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:14 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
Pochi, Mao's "fake skin" was never done very well, it was always a bit to dark. IMO, they should use a lighter shade.

Yep you're right zarinaballerina...that's one of the reasons I prefer long sleeves rather than short ones or none. Can't understand why they can't find the perfect color for her after all these years! Mao uses 'fake skin' alot even on her arms for seeminly short or no sleeved costumes the past few years...She used to skate with bare arms and shoulders quite often when she was younger. I often wonder why she doesn't do that so much anymore...maybe cause she lost alot of fat (maybe too much of it) and so she feels more colder in the rinks than before? Question

_________________

Mao's Guradian Angels (Facebook):To join plz contact me via PM
Mao Asada Fan Forum YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaoAsadaFanForum
JAPAN FIGURE SKATE FORUM: http://japanfigureskate.forumotions.net
Personal Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1197
Join date : 2008-12-10
Age : 31
Location : Limbo

PostSubject: Re: Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best?   Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:04 pm

It's really hard to say what type of costume with specific choices like that. Wish we could choose more than one thing. It really depends on the costume. Mao's long sleeved Liebestram dress and her Claire de Lune dress with the bird on it are probably my two favorite Mao dresses (excluding EX dresses). I like her in either long sleeves or sleeveless, but I'm not crazy about short sleeves for any dress. Also not crazy about the chokers, but again, it really just depends.

Guess it's easier for me to choose a color dress I like best. I like her in purples (especially the periwinkle color we've seen her use quite a bit - like in all her Liebestraum, and Clair de Lune dresses) and white best. I also like her in blue a lot too. I think maybe the color has a lot to do with which ones are my faves! Maybe we should start a poll on favorite color on Mao too?

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1810
Join date : 2009-05-07
Location : la-la-land

PostSubject: Re: Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best?   Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:02 pm

It's too hard to choose, Kayo, because it depends on the program. I like watching her in dresses with no sleeves although I also like a number of her long-sleeved costumes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 418
Join date : 2010-03-08
Location : Lima-Perú

PostSubject: Re: Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best?   Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:13 am

Hi Pochi! I voted "No sleeves", because I think Mao's shoulders are a bit bigger than her hips, and a costume without sleeves helps to conceal that and show a most harmonious figure. I like her Swan Lake costume, because she looks great on it, nice harmony between waist and hips, I think. Ofcourse, I love Por una Cabeza, Bells, Liebestraum and Fantasie costumes, even with sleeves Many Hearts

My favourite colour for Mao costumes are lavander, white, black and red Cheering
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1348
Join date : 2010-03-04
Location : The Far East

PostSubject: Re: Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best?   Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:34 am

Ken Himura wrote:
Hi Pochi! I voted "No sleeves", because I think Mao's shoulders are a bit bigger than her hips, and a costume without sleeves helps to conceal that and show a most harmonious figure. I like her Swan Lake costume, because she looks great on it, nice harmony between waist and hips, I think. Ofcourse, I love Por una Cabeza, Bells, Liebestraum and Fantasie costumes, even with sleeves Many Hearts

My favourite colour for Mao costumes are lavander, white, black and red Cheering

Hi, Ken...it's been a while, huh? Smile
Looking back on some photos, you might be right about her shoulders being a bit bigger than her hips. Mao's really thin around her hips (envy~). Shocked

Alyssa hasn't been around the forum for a while I think, but she seemed to like Mao in no sleeves too (she's just about the only person I know who hated the long sleeved Liebestraum costume! Too sweet! ). Could this coincidence be because you both live in South American countries??? I'm sure you guys wear short or no sleeves much often throughout the year than most of us do...maybe you feel more familiar with such type of clothing. scratch

Here in Japan, however it gets hot in the summer, only guys and women who have extremely thin upper arms wear no sleeved clothes. Those of us who aren't like that tend to wear something with at least short sleeves cause we're embarrased. Embarassed I know it sounds stupid, but nowadays the average shape of young girls are getting thinner and thinner, so women over their 30s are having a tough time... Bawling And Japanese men really treat fat women rudely! They only like young thin girls, no matter how they look like themselves...Very Mad

And sorry everyone for this poll being too difficult to answer. Worship
But at least we now know that most of us like Mao in purple or lavender! Love

_________________

Mao's Guradian Angels (Facebook):To join plz contact me via PM
Mao Asada Fan Forum YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaoAsadaFanForum
JAPAN FIGURE SKATE FORUM: http://japanfigureskate.forumotions.net
Personal Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3545
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best?   Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:57 pm

PochinkoPotanko wrote:


Here in Japan, however it gets hot in the summer, only guys and women who have extremely thin upper arms wear no sleeved clothes. Those of us who aren't like that tend to wear something with at least short sleeves cause we're embarrased. Embarassed I know it sounds stupid, but nowadays the average shape of young girls are getting thinner and thinner, so women over their 30s are having a tough time... Bawling And Japanese men really treat fat women rudely! They only like young thin girls, no matter how they look like themselves...Very Mad

And sorry everyone for this poll being too difficult to answer. Worship
But at least we now know that most of us like Mao in purple or lavender! Love

I agree, it's ridiculous, so many young girls in their early teens are on diet, and I'm not talking about healthy lifestyle but on a 1000 calories a day diet. No I never understood the appeal of skeleton like bodies (that's what size 0 is to me), I'd think that men would prefer curves on a woman. scratch
I had no idea that Japanese men treat heavier women badly. in all documentaries that I've seen about Japan and it's people, they were always portrayed as being very respectful.

I must say I'm a bit tired of seing Mao in lavender, but I have nothing against purple. However I'd love to see her in aubergine colour. Love Hearts



Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 418
Join date : 2010-03-08
Location : Lima-Perú

PostSubject: Re: Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best?   Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:55 pm

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
Ken Himura wrote:
Hi Pochi! I voted "No sleeves", because I think Mao's shoulders are a bit bigger than her hips, and a costume without sleeves helps to conceal that and show a most harmonious figure. I like her Swan Lake costume, because she looks great on it, nice harmony between waist and hips, I think. Ofcourse, I love Por una Cabeza, Bells, Liebestraum and Fantasie costumes, even with sleeves Many Hearts

My favourite colour for Mao costumes are lavander, white, black and red Cheering

Hi, Ken...it's been a while, huh? Smile
Looking back on some photos, you might be right about her shoulders being a bit bigger than her hips. Mao's really thin around her hips (envy~). Shocked

Alyssa hasn't been around the forum for a while I think, but she seemed to like Mao in no sleeves too (she's just about the only person I know who hated the long sleeved Liebestraum costume! Too sweet! ). Could this coincidence be because you both live in South American countries??? I'm sure you guys wear short or no sleeves much often throughout the year than most of us do...maybe you feel more familiar with such type of clothing. scratch

Here in Japan, however it gets hot in the summer, only guys and women who have extremely thin upper arms wear no sleeved clothes. Those of us who aren't like that tend to wear something with at least short sleeves cause we're embarrased. Embarassed I know it sounds stupid, but nowadays the average shape of young girls are getting thinner and thinner, so women over their 30s are having a tough time... Bawling And Japanese men really treat fat women rudely! They only like young thin girls, no matter how they look like themselves...Very Mad

And sorry everyone for this poll being too difficult to answer. Worship
But at least we now know that most of us like Mao in purple or lavender! Love

Yes, it's been a while Pochi Embarassed I've been so busy at work, i'm still busy at work Sad but season started and I can't resist to know how Mao is doing ROTFLMAO You watched Mao on live, how lucky you are cheers

Well, in Peru young girls (teenagers) use to be thin, because they want to look like models, but men prefer women with curves, for example, they prefer to JLO over Nicole Kidman. You are right, we usually wear clothes without sleeves in summer, no matter if the girl is thin or not, or how old she is. The exception are men who doesn't have muscles in her arms, because they feel embarrassed, actually, it's funny, girls don't care but men yes Razz

I love purple/lavander Wub
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1348
Join date : 2010-03-04
Location : The Far East

PostSubject: Re: Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best?   Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:52 am

Ken Himura wrote:

Well, in Peru young girls (teenagers) use to be thin, because they want to look like models, but men prefer women with curves, for example, they prefer to JLO over Nicole Kidman. You are right, we usually wear clothes without sleeves in summer, no matter if the girl is thin or not, or how old she is. The exception are men who doesn't have muscles in her arms, because they feel embarrassed, actually, it's funny, girls don't care but men yes Razz

That's funny cause skinny guys don't seem to mind about not having muscles in Jpn! Here it's like being skinny is good no matter what rather than even being slightly plump. I'm sure most Jpn men prefer Nicole rather than JenniferLO...Keira Knightley is just about the only actress I could imagine whom Jpn men might think as too skinny. Btw, this has nothing to do with anything, but I was Nicole's attendant and translater when she visited Jpn for the first time. We spent a whole week together. She was very nice and wasn't all that thin at the time. Just very very tall with long legs! Mushy Love

But I guess it's the same everywhere nowadays...everybody wants to look like super-models! Faint2

Although Mao seems to go on a diet during the season, I hope she never becomes that skinny. She looked fine at JO this season, and I'm hoping she'd keep it that way. Ashley Wagner commented on Facebook that she's crazy about munchkin doughnuts right now although she's aware they've got lots of fat. I think that's perfectly fine since skaters use alot of energy during practice. I never thought Mao needed a diet ever, all the same. Yep!

_________________

Mao's Guradian Angels (Facebook):To join plz contact me via PM
Mao Asada Fan Forum YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaoAsadaFanForum
JAPAN FIGURE SKATE FORUM: http://japanfigureskate.forumotions.net
Personal Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 422
Join date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best?   Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:38 pm

slightly off topic, but who are mao's costume designers? and to which costumes? there are some i prefer over others (oh that lovely dark blue clair de lune dress mao only wore once vs most of mao's agony tango dresses). i know josian lamonde (a designer who also works with yu-na) designed mao's long-sleeve liebestraume dress, but who else has worked with her?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dangerous_angel_face
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 230
Join date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best?   Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:15 am

I didn't vote, because I don't believe, for exemple, that all sleeveless costumes are good and all the ones with sleeves are bad. But I'm hoping for the person who made the liebestraum dress (with long sleeves) to become Mao's permanent costume designer. I'm also hoping for Mai to officially become Mao's fashion head advisor or something. I think it could be a good compromise to make costumes that are considered fashionable by the general public, and that Mao feels comfortable wearing also.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3545
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best?   Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:17 am

swan wrote:
slightly off topic, but who are mao's costume designers? and to which costumes? there are some i prefer over others (oh that lovely dark blue clair de lune dress mao only wore once vs most of mao's agony tango dresses). i know josian lamonde (a designer who also works with yu-na) designed mao's long-sleeve liebestraume dress, but who else has worked with her?

Oh, I wish Mao would go to Josian for all her costumes. The one "designer" who works with Mao for the most is TAT. I wish this would change.

dangerous_angel_face wrote:
I'm also hoping for Mai to officially become Mao's fashion head advisor or something. I think it could be a good compromise to make costumes that are considered fashionable by the general public, and that Mao feels comfortable wearing also.

This would be amazing!!! She always had beautiful costumes, and also dresses herself very nicely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1348
Join date : 2010-03-04
Location : The Far East

PostSubject: Re: Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best?   Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:03 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
swan wrote:
slightly off topic, but who are mao's costume designers? and to which costumes? there are some i prefer over others (oh that lovely dark blue clair de lune dress mao only wore once vs most of mao's agony tango dresses). i know josian lamonde (a designer who also works with yu-na) designed mao's long-sleeve liebestraume dress, but who else has worked with her?

Oh, I wish Mao would go to Josian for all her costumes. The one "designer" who works with Mao for the most is TAT. I wish this would change.

dangerous_angel_face wrote:
I'm also hoping for Mai to officially become Mao's fashion head advisor or something. I think it could be a good compromise to make costumes that are considered fashionable by the general public, and that Mao feels comfortable wearing also.

This would be amazing!!! She always had beautiful costumes, and also dresses herself very nicely.

Didn't know her name till now, but I too would like it if Mao has her costumes designed more by Josian. I heard that the Swan Lake costume was done by someone Russian; most likely Tat's suggestion. I thought it was okay, but it could have been better if it were a bit more gorgeous (just a bit guys, not usual Tat level gorgeous!). OTOH, I've always liked most of Yuna's costumes. When it comes to costume taste, I think Yuna and Sasha were the best in ladies singles. Love Hearts

And Mai becoming Mao's fashion advisor could be a good idea, yes. But I think Mai has been dressing very well over the past few years because she probabaly has her own stylist. Mai's skating costumes were beautiful most of the times when she was competing, but she was dressing quite normally then off the ice; in other words she looked good in anything, but she was wearing outfits which weren't different from any other girl at her age in Jpn. But recently she's become much better at dressing, plus she seems to know which hairstyle would fit her clothing the most. That's why I can't help imagining she has a pro stylist for herself. Yep!

Anyways, I suppose we won't be seeing Mao in any Russian made costumes next season because of Sochi. Hoping she can find a good designer who wouldn't use too much 'fake skin' parts, or if they do can finally find the perfect 'fake skin' color to fit her! Drama!

_________________

Mao's Guradian Angels (Facebook):To join plz contact me via PM
Mao Asada Fan Forum YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaoAsadaFanForum
JAPAN FIGURE SKATE FORUM: http://japanfigureskate.forumotions.net
Personal Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 418
Join date : 2010-03-08
Location : Lima-Perú

PostSubject: Re: Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best?   Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:28 pm

I hope that Mao will choose to Vera Wang as the designer for her costumes, she was a figure skater, so she knows what Mao needs, something glamorous but confortable at the same time. I adore her designs, I can imagine how a Swan Lake costume design would be .....a dream come truth ROTFLMAO

By the way, Pochi, Nicole is one of my favorites actresses, she's a perfect beauty. Mao is a beauty too, and of course, she doesn't need any diet Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3545
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best?   Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:57 pm

Ken, choosing Vera would be fantastic, but I doubt it's ever going to happen. No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 418
Join date : 2010-03-08
Location : Lima-Perú

PostSubject: Re: Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best?   Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:22 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
Ken, choosing Vera would be fantastic, but I doubt it's ever going to happen. No

Why not? I never thought that Mao stoped to wear cover boots, for example, but it happened, I think now Mao is looking for the best options, like no try 3A until it isn't ready Very Happy Actually, Vera is a predictible choice for someone who wants to look oustanding on ice, maybe Mai can suggest this option to Mao, let's see :rotflao: Confetti
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3545
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best?   Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:28 pm

Ken Himura wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
Ken, choosing Vera would be fantastic, but I doubt it's ever going to happen. No

Why not? I never thought that Mao stoped to wear cover boots, for example, but it happened, I think now Mao is looking for the best options, like no try 3A until it isn't ready Very Happy Actually, Vera is a predictible choice for someone who wants to look oustanding on ice, maybe Mai can suggest this option to Mao, let's see :rotflao: Confetti

If Lori suggest it then maybe, but as long as TAT is her choreographer for competitive programs, she'll also be co-designing the costumes. Yep, Sadly
Well, in the above scenario at least one of her costumes would be fabulous. I also wouldn't mind if she goes to Josian. I'd love it if Mao would go to TAT for choreo (if she wants it so much) but would say NO to TAT's designes and go to someone else. Though to be fair, I like the Swan Lake costume, so there's still hope for TAT, I guess... Hell, no!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 422
Join date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best?   Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:26 pm

i wonder who was in charge of many of mao's dresses (2006-2007 short program and long program, black and white fantasie impromptu, i vow to thee my country exhibition are a few ones) because i'm positive tatiana isn't involved in all those. as for which style mao looks best in, i'm not really all that sure (i can't remember which one i picked, either Embarassed ). for me, it's more of what the individual design of the dress instead. for example, just because one dress with long sleeves and a choker doesn't mean it looks like a different dress with long sleeves and a choker. the red and black por una cabeza and payadora exhibition dress is one of my favorites but it looks nothing like mao's short program dress from the olympics (which i hated).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1348
Join date : 2010-03-04
Location : The Far East

PostSubject: Re: Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best?   Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:25 am

swan wrote:
i wonder who was in charge of many of mao's dresses (2006-2007 short program and long program, black and white fantasie impromptu, i vow to thee my country exhibition are a few ones) because i'm positive tatiana isn't involved in all those. as for which style mao looks best in, i'm not really all that sure (i can't remember which one i picked, either Embarassed ). for me, it's more of what the individual design of the dress instead. for example, just because one dress with long sleeves and a choker doesn't mean it looks like a different dress with long sleeves and a choker. the red and black por una cabeza and payadora exhibition dress is one of my favorites but it looks nothing like mao's short program dress from the olympics (which i hated).

Same here swan...I think Mao's SP costume for Olys was the worst one ever! Such a pity cause her performance in it was dazzling. Sad

After seeing SA ladies, I thought Haruka's costumes were very nice (the best in her career so far!). Anybody know who designed them? I'd like the same designer to make something for Mao. Love Hearts




_________________

Mao's Guradian Angels (Facebook):To join plz contact me via PM
Mao Asada Fan Forum YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaoAsadaFanForum
JAPAN FIGURE SKATE FORUM: http://japanfigureskate.forumotions.net
Personal Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3545
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best?   Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:14 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
After seeing SA ladies, I thought Haruka's costumes were very nice (the best in her career so far!). Anybody know who designed them? I'd like the same designer to make something for Mao. Love Hearts

Pochinko, I was thinking the same when watching Haruka. Her costumes are alwys beautiful, especially this years short program costume Swoon Love Hearts , I'm all for Mao going to her costume designer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best?   

Back to top Go down
 
Which type of costume do you think suits Mao best?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Brand new helly hanson dry suits £100
» winter suits and boots
» How to type German Umlaut codes on a standard keyboard
» Type 3 squareback help
» The Costume Thread....

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ballerina on Ice :: Figure Skating :: The Voting Booth-
Jump to: