HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Grand Prix Final 2012/2013 @Sochi, Russia

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
AuthorMessage
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2012/2013 @Sochi, Russia   Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:54 am

And Meryl has been dating Fedor Andreev, I think, for a while? She is an absolute beauty - no wonder everyone loves her!

I wish Taka had just merely been observing Meryl... he was literally creepy-stalker-staring at her for like ten straight minutes! It was absolutely comical to watch, sitting next to him...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2012/2013 @Sochi, Russia   Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:36 am

PochinkoPotanko thanks for the translation. I was sure Mao's injury is minor, I never thought she skated in pain. The British eurosport guys did said that she looked shaky unsteady in the warm-up. I am amazed who composed she look on the ice.

People kept saying(including myself) that she needs to attack her program more, like Ashley. We tend to forget that Mao did kept herself together pretty well along the years, when the pressure was immense. On the contrary Ashley has never been a front runner before, this is the first season she is seen as a gold medal contender and while she skated very well and poised in her GP, the final was the competition she had to prove herself she is nr. 1 and she failed. She also destroyed her chances at a world medal last year with a bad Short program. I believe she isn't as tough mentally as we might think. Maybe she'll learn how to cope with the pressure to being one of the top skaters. But we all praised her consistency and attack and actually, besides 4 Continents 2012 were she skated very well(but she was not the favorite, but the underdog), she has 0 big competitions where she skated clean. She tanked her SP at nationals many times and she missed a trip to worlds and Olympics as a result. Pressure did got her, and got her big time in the past. She might prove me wrong but for now, I'll wait and see how she'll skate against Yuna, Mao and Carolina at worlds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2012/2013 @Sochi, Russia   Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:12 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
I translated most of the parts in this interveiw which Mao fans might be interested in before...noone seemed to care, so I thought most of you weren't interested but, I'll paste it below anyway:

Quote :
I just finished watching the gala on tv, and they interviewed Mao and Dai again (can't find it on YT yet). The announcer asked Mao how bad her pain was, and she said it hurt mostly during 6min practice. And so she discussed it with Sato and he seems to have said to her 'some skaters even skate with broken bones' (!). But Sato let Mao make the final decision whether to perform her FP or WD. Mao said she felt that making it all the way to Sochi and backing off at that point would be wrong and made up her mind to go for it. The announcer asked her if she was in pain during and after the performance, but Mao said all that she had in her mind during the performance was not to make the same mistakes she made in COC and NHK so she wasn't conscious about the pain at all. Then the announcer asked her why she didn't have a big smile on her face right after her performance was over although it went very well. Mao answered that it wasn't because she felt pain or anything but it was because she was more relieved than happy at the time, and was still kind of wondering if she managed not to have made the same mistakes as before (probabaly she was referring to URs). The announcer asked Dai if he knew that Mao was having lower back aches, and he said he didn't know about it after the (mens) competition was over but he did notice Mao looked a bit pale during official practice. Dai also said he never would've imagined Mao was having pains unless someone told him later on, seeing on video how Mao performed her FP.

Oh no Pochi, that's not it at all! Thank you, I saw your translation and I'm sorry I didn't write anything to acknowledge it. It's just that in the video I became interested because it seemed like they were asking the skaters what their favorite exhibition numbers were. Laughing

Anyway, I'm glad to see Mao regaining her confidence back! We all know that Mao's a perfectionist w.o loves skating from the bottom of her heart, but after the events last year, who can blame for feeling discouraged? Things are finally looking up so I hope Mao uses this momentum to fight back and prove the haters wrong!

And you guys crack me up. Seriously, I'm in the TakaMao ship but seeing Dai being so friendly with Mao makes me go Wub

(And hey there Batsuchan & bellarina! Long time no see!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2012/2013 @Sochi, Russia   Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:31 am

Alokya wrote:
And Meryl has been dating Fedor Andreev, I think, for a while? She is an absolute beauty - no wonder everyone loves her!

I wish Taka had just merely been observing Meryl... he was literally creepy-stalker-staring at her for like ten straight minutes! It was absolutely comical to watch, sitting next to him...

LOL what surprised me most is Meryl voice, she has the mature face and she has the most lovely voice and so cute. In addition, she looks super nice~ I think I can live with all male skaters so in love with her sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2012/2013 @Sochi, Russia   Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:10 am

Lady_in_black wrote:
People kept saying(including myself) that she needs to attack her program more, like Ashley. We tend to forget that Mao did kept herself together pretty well along the years, when the pressure was immense. On the contrary Ashley has never been a front runner before, this is the first season she is seen as a gold medal contender and while she skated very well and poised in her GP, the final was the competition she had to prove herself she is nr. 1 and she failed. She also destroyed her chances at a world medal last year with a bad Short program. I believe she isn't as tough mentally as we might think. Maybe she'll learn how to cope with the pressure to being one of the top skaters. But we all praised her consistency and attack and actually, besides 4 Continents 2012 were she skated very well(but she was not the favorite, but the underdog), she has 0 big competitions where she skated clean. She tanked her SP at nationals many times and she missed a trip to worlds and Olympics as a result. Pressure did got her, and got her big time in the past. She might prove me wrong but for now, I'll wait and see how she'll skate against Yuna, Mao and Carolina at worlds.

I agree. I've been quite fond of her eversince I saw her skate for the first time, but if anyone, Ashley is the skater in ladies for the past several years who had the biggest nerve issues I think. Before she suddenly joined the top group with her 'Black Swan', people used to think that stamina issues were the reason she couldn't make that one more big step up onto the podium. But I felt that her nerve issues was one of the main reasons she did have stamina issues...though they might've had effected her the other way around too. Anyway, she always looked so worried before and after she started perfoming back then. I felt she can become much better if she can get over her nerves, and it seemed she's gotten over it; or she's become very good in making herself believe she's gotten over it, to say the least. But at Finals, I saw bits of nerve issue signs again here and there...I think she's basically a very delicate person, who's decided to stay strong as much as possible by will power. Some people on the net seem to think she makes arrogant comments lately, but I think she has to try to be a bit arrogant in order to go on feeling she's strong. When I look back on it, Pattie making all those arrogant and even sometimes rude comments on other skaters before Vancouver Olys, might've have been his way of building up his mental strength as well (not saying it was right to do so though). Anyway, I too am very curious how Ashley will do in Worlds...along with how Yuna and Carolina will do too. As for Mao, my hopes are way high for her, but as long as she can deliver a satisfying performance for herself, I'm not going to be bothered by how her scores and rankings are. sunny

But if I were able to ask a tiny favor to her...I wish Mao would smile before she goes off to the center of the rink to perform. She was like that when she was little, but she hardly ever does that anymore. I want to really be able to feel she's enjoying competitions...not saying she's not, but the serious look she always has on her face when she's listening to Satos' last words, make me soooo nervous from the start! Faint2

klarification wrote:
It's just that in the video I became interested because it seemed like they were asking the skaters what their favorite exhibition numbers were.

No it's okay klarification, I totally understand and I assumed you just happened to have missed my former post. I just felt a bit down that nobody bothered to comment about it; it does take some time and effort for me to translate even that much. But that's my problem and fault not anyone elses'.

And you're correct about the exhibition thing. The program asked the skaters which exhibition pro they'd like the tv viewers to see once again. They probably asked each skater to choose one from their own EX pros and one from another skaters' EX or show pro. Mao chose her 'Jupiter' saying she thought that was the music which could express her thoughts best to all the people who had suffered the earthquake last year. Dai chose his fairly old Bjork EX saying he likes the uniqueness of the music and he would really like to skate it again someday. Yuzuru and Machida chose quite recent EX pros they had done and both said something like those were the first EX pros in which they were able to create their own atomosphere on the ice. I was glad Akiko chose her tango EX which I totally love. She said she managed to get standing ovations for the first time in her life when she skated the EX, and it felt so good she can never forget it. Takahiko and Mao both chose Kurts' 'Singin' in the Rain', the clips were from MWO this year. I love that one too! I was surprised that Shizuka chose Plushs' 'Sex Bomb'! She said she was totally amazed that he can jump wearing that muscle suit; who wasn't? Yuzuru chose Johnnys' 'Ave Maria' and the similarity of his FP costume to that of Johnnys' was wow! Did Yuzuru have his FP costume designed by Johnny again this season? Anyway, that was a good choice too cause Johnny skated really gracefully in those days. I think the other skaters also chose a different skaters' EX, but Asahi probably didin't have or couldn't get the rights to broadcast them. But I think maybe they asked Shizuka to choose 'Sex Bomb' cause everyone loves that in Jpn so they wanted to air it no matter what. Shizuka is more a Yag fan as far as I know...

Mao's Guradian Angels (Facebook):To join plz contact me via PM
Mao Asada Fan Forum YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaoAsadaFanForum
JAPAN FIGURE SKATE FORUM: http://japanfigureskate.forumotions.net
Personal Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2012/2013 @Sochi, Russia   Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:26 am

tianrushui wrote:
Charlie has been dating Tanith Belbin for a long time.

Thanks for the info Tianrushui and Alokya. WOW, they are both very lucky.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skating_fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2012/2013 @Sochi, Russia   Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:13 pm

I recently read an article that quoted Akiko Suzuki as saying that she did not do very well on Saturday because she had made some changes to her program and was nervous about those changes. Does anybody know why she made these changes? After all, the way she skated this program at NHK recently was absolutely beautiful
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2012/2013 @Sochi, Russia   Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:41 pm

skating_fanatic wrote:
I recently read an article that quoted Akiko Suzuki as saying that she did not do very well on Saturday because she had made some changes to her program and was nervous about those changes. Does anybody know why she made these changes? After all, the way she skated this program at NHK recently was absolutely beautiful
I think she made them to fell more comfortable: two 3Lzs was too risky, the flip is a lot easier for her, so it's probably easier for her to skate her FS cleanily in practice with the flips, the lutzes were always a wild element, I suppose, the fact that she landed both of them at NHK was a fortuitousness, it was actually the first time after a lot of trying (it was the eighth time she tried it, I think...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2012/2013 @Sochi, Russia   Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:07 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S8yN2Vh5rY

Mao's SP @GPF by fan cam
I'm so grateful to this person for uploading so many videos of skaters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2012/2013 @Sochi, Russia   Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:25 pm

linglang wrote:

Mao's SP @GPF by fan cam

When I watch these videos, she looks so fast and smooth on the ice!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2012/2013 @Sochi, Russia   Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:22 pm

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
linglang wrote:

Mao's SP @GPF by fan cam

When I watch these videos, she looks so fast and smooth on the ice!

Yes, I totally agree with you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2012/2013 @Sochi, Russia   Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:33 pm

I read a comment on Mao by Ms. Shirota in a newspaper. She is a JSF official and a judge.

I have questions about the bold part. Does Mao still have a bending habit when she takes off? I thought she’s got rid of it. Also “her head is not kept parallel to the ice”. I don’t understand this part. Does this mean her head moves up and down when she takes off? Is she confusing Mao’s head movements she used to have when she glides and bend at takeoff? The head movement is what Mr. Sato corrected immediately after they stared to work together. I think her speeds improved so much and head movement and bend are no longer a problem. How come she pointed out them as problems now? Will anyone help me understand it from technical aspect?

The first paragraph is quite annoying and she’s wrong in every point she made. It looks again confusing, SP and LP. I wondered if I should skip this paragraph from translation … No It is very, very sad and inappropriate for a JSF official to say something like this in public. It easily gives wrong impression and undeserved reputation about skaters. She could’ve shared her candid opinion only with Sato and Mao as her suggestion and used some different, nice and respectful expressions when she talks to the public. I know that Ms. Shirota is famous for her inconsiderate words and deeds toward skaters and others. Indeed she knows she’s hurt skaters’ hearts with her words unintentionally and admitted it in interviews. Mr. Nagakubo was a victim of her disrespectful behavior too when he was a competitive skater. Shizuka is said to use her abrasive words for her motivation to prove she’s wrong. (Remember? When they were waiting for the final result at Turin Olympics, Ms. Shirota kept snuggling Shizuka and Shizuka kept leaning over on Kumiko-sensei to avoid her.) I hope JSF will be careful not to get involved in media hype for Mao vs. Yuna rivalry. Instead, they should complain that media should give more coverage for the fact that this GPF was the first time for Japanese male and female skaters to win golds together. How come they do not feel uncomfortable when the Japanese media does not pay due attention to Dai who brought the very first gold medal from GPF to Japan. Frustrated

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

If she continues to be like she is now, she will not be able to beat Yuna. At the competition where she made a comeback, Yuna landed difficult 3lz perfectly and showed “adult” performances with speed. On the other hand, for this season Mao has an intention to remember the spirit she had when she as a junior skater and chose “Swan Lake” and performed it in a “childish way”. Unfortunately, a gap between them is as big as the gap between “adult” and “child”.

Then, what should Mao do to win? It is imperative for her to increase jump accuracy. Technically speaking, she bends over at takeoff and her head is not kept parallel to the ice, as a result she tends to cause underrotations. And this is also causing insufficient speed. In order for her to succeed with her “signature” 3A and 3-3 combination jumps, she needs to rotate cleanly with flow.

Fortunately, there is no problem with her spins, interpretation of music and programs. She is also facing with competitors like Miki Ando and Carolina Kostner, both have won WC golds, it is important for her to keep improving and evolving without pausing.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
fgr8sktrfn

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2012/2013 @Sochi, Russia   Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:34 pm

"linglang"
after reading this comment regarding Mao's "bend over take off?" I went back to watch her recent performances of 2012 GPF SP and LP "Twice".
I saw exactly opposite of this person? I don't know who she is or what position she holds within JSF? are you sure she is not working for "other" Federations?
if she is referring to Mao's past problem she had prior to working with coach Nobuo Sato
which is "hammer toes".
this condition is usually associated with "lutz and flip" jumps which occurs when the free leg(non skating leg) rises usually high( see Kanako Murakami and Sasha Cohen and many others.....) before descending to strike the ice(picking).
this can make the jump easier to rotate but sacrifices height and some control.
as I said earlier, I did NOT see any "hammer toes" on either her 3flip/2lo in the SP nor
3flip, 3lutz, 3flip/2lo in the LP.
the only flaw(?) if that, Mao did slow down a little approaching the 3flip/2llo in the SP(I thought Mao was getting too close to the boards) and 3flip in the LP(same as SP)
but her 3Lutz attempt was her best attempt so far with very good entry speed, nice air position with nice running edges coming out. and 3flip/2lo was also very close to the boards but it was well done,IMO.
if coach Satos and Mao review the tape(video) I am sure they can re-align the jump layouts where Mao can use the big portion of ice surface(opposed to the narrow surface).
again, I am totally confused about what this person is talking about? I will leave this up to other members in this forum with much more technical knowledge than I to debate further.
on her second point, I have no idea what this person is talking about?
if anything, this is by far Mao's best overall performance from the start to finish.
Mao maintain her speed throughout the program with good energy and in fact Mao was actually skating faster in her straight line step sequence and her choreo. spiral sequence. in my opinion, I think after 2 full seasons working with coach Satos it is finally paying the dividends for Mao( and her team) for all the hard work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2012/2013 @Sochi, Russia   Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:21 pm

fgr8sktrfn wrote:
"linglang"
after reading this comment regarding Mao's "bend over take off?" I went back to watch her recent performances of 2012 GPF SP and LP "Twice".
I saw exactly opposite of this person? I don't know who she is or what position she holds within JSF? are you sure she is not working for "other" Federations?
if she is referring to Mao's past problem she had prior to working with coach Nobuo Sato
which is "hammer toes".
this condition is usually associated with "lutz and flip" jumps which occurs when the free leg(non skating leg) rises usually high( see Kanako Murakami and Sasha Cohen and many others.....) before descending to strike the ice(picking).
this can make the jump easier to rotate but sacrifices height and some control.
as I said earlier, I did NOT see any "hammer toes" on either her 3flip/2lo in the SP nor
3flip, 3lutz, 3flip/2lo in the LP.
the only flaw(?) if that, Mao did slow down a little approaching the 3flip/2llo in the SP(I thought Mao was getting too close to the boards) and 3flip in the LP(same as SP)
but her 3Lutz attempt was her best attempt so far with very good entry speed, nice air position with nice running edges coming out. and 3flip/2lo was also very close to the boards but it was well done,IMO.
if coach Satos and Mao review the tape(video) I am sure they can re-align the jump layouts where Mao can use the big portion of ice surface(opposed to the narrow surface).
again, I am totally confused about what this person is talking about? I will leave this up to other members in this forum with much more technical knowledge than I to debate further.
on her second point, I have no idea what this person is talking about?
if anything, this is by far Mao's best overall performance from the start to finish.
Mao maintain her speed throughout the program with good energy and in fact Mao was actually skating faster in her straight line step sequence and her choreo. spiral sequence. in my opinion, I think after 2 full seasons working with coach Satos it is finally paying the dividends for Mao( and her team) for all the hard work.

And to add to ur comments, what the heck is she talking about Mao's swan lake being childish. And compred to Yuna's performance, it's like a child's performance compared to an adult's?!

The way I and so many others see it, while both women are great skaters, it's clear that one has a gay choreographer who thinks women have to be over dramatic in order to have an expresive performance. While the other knows that feeling the music through ur body without over showing, is the best way for a LADY to interpet the music.

My mother who was a professional ballet dancer, says Mao dances like how a classy woman should, not like a show girl/drag queen. Yuna only knows what her choreo taught her, and no matter how in touch he is with feminine side, he is still a man, and Yuna is a woman, not a drag queen. Her talent is being wasted by Wilson, because she really is a beautiful skater/dancer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2012/2013 @Sochi, Russia   Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:02 am

Thank you fgr8sktrfn and shar for your opinion.

I also watched her SP and FS videos several times to try to understand her points, but as you say fgr8sktrfn, I saw exactly opposite of what Ms. Shirota said. Mao didn’t do hammer toes at all and her 3z, if not a real lutz edge, wasn’t really bad. She’s been making visible improvements from the time she had those habits. I agree she maintained speed and flow throughout the program packed with transitions. I don’t see any tentative moment in terms of flow and transitions in her performances. I never felt any part of her swan lake being childish. It’s such an elegant program and as shar said her program execution was in a classy style. What bothered me is that Ms. Shirota is an influential person of JSF. She is a former technical director and a board member of JSF. She was an ice dance skater and two-time national champion. She’s among those who greatly contributed to the success of breeding multiple elite figure skaters in Japan after the Midori era. She’s the one who suggested starting Nobeyama camp. She has a lot of contacts with coaches and counterparts in overseas and makes coaching arrangements for skaters.

I wonder where and how she watched her performances (not on Yutube I hope.) I know it is possible that she sees what a layperson cannot see because figure skating requires professional eyes and expertise. But, I don’t get why JSF has to trample its own skater immediately after she has won a gold medal for them. Disappointed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2012/2013 @Sochi, Russia   Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:21 am

ms. Shirota seems like one nasty person, who tries to attract attention to herself with her comments! Laughing

(one should just ignore people like her, thinking about her thoughtless comment is just a waste of time)

by the way still can't find the press conference from the GPF?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2012/2013 @Sochi, Russia   Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:24 am

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.518142304877382.122361.255007411190874
ISU FB page uploaded a lot of pics
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2012/2013 @Sochi, Russia   Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:44 am

A hint to pics from ISU FB page:
There are pictures KozMao and DaiMao will be crazy for Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2012/2013 @Sochi, Russia   Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:46 am

tianrushui wrote:
A hint to pics from ISU FB page:
There are pictures KozMao and DaiMao will be crazy for Laughing

I have posted Maozuka pic to their own shipping thread..let ppl some space to discuss serious issue here Smile
ppl, go to right place for shipping LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2012/2013 @Sochi, Russia   Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:11 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=E0bfgbjVcpI# OMG Mao ROTFLMAO Yep, piroshki!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2012/2013 @Sochi, Russia   Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:00 am

linglang wrote:
I read a comment on Mao by Ms. Shirota in a newspaper. She is a JSF official and a judge.

I have questions about the bold part. Does Mao still have a bending habit when she takes off? I thought she’s got rid of it. Also “her head is not kept parallel to the ice”. I don’t understand this part. Does this mean her head moves up and down when she takes off? Is she confusing Mao’s head movements she used to have when she glides and bend at takeoff? The head movement is what Mr. Sato corrected immediately after they stared to work together. I think her speeds improved so much and head movement and bend are no longer a problem. How come she pointed out them as problems now? Will anyone help me understand it from technical aspect?

The first paragraph is quite annoying and she’s wrong in every point she made. It looks again confusing, SP and LP. I wondered if I should skip this paragraph from translation … No It is very, very sad and inappropriate for a JSF official to say something like this in public. It easily gives wrong impression and undeserved reputation about skaters. She could’ve shared her candid opinion only with Sato and Mao as her suggestion and used some different, nice and respectful expressions when she talks to the public. I know that Ms. Shirota is famous for her inconsiderate words and deeds toward skaters and others. Indeed she knows she’s hurt skaters’ hearts with her words unintentionally and admitted it in interviews. Mr. Nagakubo was a victim of her disrespectful behavior too when he was a competitive skater. Shizuka is said to use her abrasive words for her motivation to prove she’s wrong. (Remember? When they were waiting for the final result at Turin Olympics, Ms. Shirota kept snuggling Shizuka and Shizuka kept leaning over on Kumiko-sensei to avoid her.) I hope JSF will be careful not to get involved in media hype for Mao vs. Yuna rivalry. Instead, they should complain that media should give more coverage for the fact that this GPF was the first time for Japanese male and female skaters to win golds together. How come they do not feel uncomfortable when the Japanese media does not pay due attention to Dai who brought the very first gold medal from GPF to Japan. Frustrated

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

If she continues to be like she is now, she will not be able to beat Yuna. At the competition where she made a comeback, Yuna landed difficult 3lz perfectly and showed “adult” performances with speed. On the other hand, for this season Mao has an intention to remember the spirit she had when she as a junior skater and chose “Swan Lake” and performed it in a “childish way”. Unfortunately, a gap between them is as big as the gap between “adult” and “child”.

Then, what should Mao do to win? It is imperative for her to increase jump accuracy. Technically speaking, she bends over at takeoff and her head is not kept parallel to the ice, as a result she tends to cause underrotations. And this is also causing insufficient speed. In order for her to succeed with her “signature” 3A and 3-3 combination jumps, she needs to rotate cleanly with flow.

Fortunately, there is no problem with her spins, interpretation of music and programs. She is also facing with competitors like Miki Ando and Carolina Kostner, both have won WC golds, it is important for her to keep improving and evolving without pausing.

Keiko Shirota only used to be the reinforcement/enhancement director for JSF. In 2006 the accounting fraud scandal came out into the open, and 8 directors where kicked off from JSF board including her; formally noted she resigned willingly...but, we know how the world works don't we? Who, me?

JSF told her to cease her activities concrening the sport for a while but sent her to COR 2008 as a judge upon considering all that she'd dedicated for the sport before 2006. But it was only after 2009 that JSF took her back again as a full-time worker it seems. This was because Fumie and Nobu said they wanted her back. Fumie wanted to continue competing despite her age and bad skills, so I assume she wanted someone like Shirota to back her up since they seem to have been close during her prime. As for Nobu I think it was more his mothers' request...just guessing. But even though she made it back to JSF, she most likely doesn't even have half much the power she used to have in the organization.

So what I see in that tabloid are only miserable leftovers of a once elite JSF member. Maybe she needed the job cause the JSF aren't paying her that much anymore? Maybe she wanted to write even for a cheap tabloid just to satisfy her ego that she still is an expert on the sport? Either way, this woman used to be an ice dancer with no record of coaching single skaters as far as I know. So she can't possibly be the best one to ask how Maos' jumps are or how they should be anyway. And we should always keep in mind it's only a tabloid column; they won't print it unless it includes shocking info or views which are aimed to arouse anger and frustration from the readers. It's crap, and I bet Shirota didn't even bother to spend more than half an hour to write it. Rolling Eyes

Btw, this column is not officially on the net yet. Some fans saw the tabloid, got angry about what Shirota wrote, some even bothered to take a photo of it, and that's how we all got to know about it in Jpn. And from the photo, it's just soo obvious that it's only one of those low levelled tabloids which pretend they're focusing on sport, but has a bunch of photos of nude women and short porn stories inside them. Faint2

It's simply trash I don't think we need to be bothered by it at all!
Mao's 'Swan Lake' being childish, lol! ROTFLMAO
Who truely cares what the notorious Shirota thinks? She's a mere sad old lady wanting back in the spotlight again, even if the only way to do that is to write colums for tabloids based on their requests.

I've decided only to post on this matter to make things clear about what kind of a person Shirota is based on facts from her background, and to make sure all of you know that it's just a trashy tabloid column nothing more. The Korean media took notice of it (surprise, surprise!) and are using it as some kind of 'proof' again that Yuna is better than Mao. They seemed to have introduced Shirota as one of the founders of the sport in Jpn, which she is not, and have totally ignored that it's only a very very short column article in a tabloid.

I think we should ignore these things in the future cause it may end up feeding bashers and the Korean media what they want to hear. The Korean media will get hold of stuff like this anyway, but the more we show we're upset about it, the more it's going to make them happy. Yep, Sadly

Mao's Guradian Angels (Facebook):To join plz contact me via PM
Mao Asada Fan Forum YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaoAsadaFanForum
JAPAN FIGURE SKATE FORUM: http://japanfigureskate.forumotions.net
Personal Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2012/2013 @Sochi, Russia   Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:25 am

Oh dear 'Shirota' again !!!!
This lady really has problem.

And one thing I always notice is that Japan is the only country it seems where the media and people working around FS (like Shirota or Shin Amano) tend to put down their skaters. Look at how Canada or US promote their skaters, look at how the Korean media only say good thing about Yuna. On the other hand, look at how Mao has been treated negatively until now ? What's wrong with Japan? cultural thing ? Is it because Fuji is a 'korean' media ? In anyway, it does no good to the skaters. I really miss how Arutunian or TAT used to praise and promote Mao in front of the media.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
dangerous_angel_face
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2012/2013 @Sochi, Russia   Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:20 am

I think Shin Amano has been pretty fair in his last 2 competitions (2012 worlds & gpf), he didn't seem to favor or put down anyone. Maybe in his earlier days he tried so hard not to be unfairly partial to japanese skaters he ended up doing the opposite and putting down skaters from his own country. And after some time, he's learned to judge everyone more fairly. (Or maybe I'm being way too naive, but I'm an optimist.)
As for the other person, I won't even bother to mention her name and happily ignore her. (well, I do hope jsf will kick her out. maybe a petition could have a little bit of influence?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2012/2013 @Sochi, Russia   Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:37 pm

polosatik wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=E0bfgbjVcpI# OMG Mao ROTFLMAO Yep, piroshki!!!

Wub Wub Cloud 9 Wub Wub

I love how the Japanese team seems like one big happy family Love
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2012/2013 @Sochi, Russia   Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:18 pm

^ Yep!

Mao is such a foodie! Too sweet!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2012/2013 @Sochi, Russia   

Back to top Go down

Grand Prix Final 2012/2013 @Sochi, Russia
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 25 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next