HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Yu Na News

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 461
Join date : 2011-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:11 am

shar wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
sorry polosatik but i don't agree, even if she only focused on her jumps, in that case a fall, popped jumps, no stamina after the first few jumps shouldn't have been an issue. not to speak about her level 1-2 spins, and steps that where blaah.

and comparing her skate to Caro isn't right either, firstly because Caro is much older, secondly she had alot of personal stuff she had to deal with. but even then all of caro's spins and steps where level 4, and afterall caro landed 4 triple jumps, they may not have been all perfect but it's still 4 triples, so if one looks at the overall picture i think Caro's comeback was much better!





Plus Yuna has been practicing everyday for up to 5 hours during the 18 months off, according to her. So she has no reason to be doing as bad as she was.

But Yuna was away from competition for much longer! Carolina is the current World champion, don't forget that, and Yuna did not compete at all last year. So I am with Plosatik here - I think Yuna's comeback is very impressive technically, even though I am not a fan of her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 2262
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : denmark

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:35 am

polosatik wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
sorry polosatik but i don't agree, even if she only focused on her jumps, in that case a fall, popped jumps, no stamina after the first few jumps shouldn't have been an issue. not to speak about her level 1-2 spins, and steps that where blaah.

and comparing her skate to Caro isn't right either, firstly because Caro is much older, secondly she had alot of personal stuff she had to deal with. but even then all of caro's spins and steps where level 4, and afterall caro landed 4 triple jumps, they may not have been all perfect but it's still 4 triples, so if one looks at the overall picture i think Caro's comeback was much better!




Well, Yuna landed 6 triples in her FS btw. And all clean, so I don't get the point there. I really like Carolina's programs, especially her SP. But technically, I can't see who can doubt Yuna's strength.

sorry polosatik but tech isn't just the jumps the other elements do count too, her spins where really slow, lacked rotation, and change of positioning, her steps where slow, and didn't have much content, no use of edge work.... sorry as much as i love the jumps but her jumps didn't have any speed, no height, and no weight, no difficult entrance , and her just doing the jumps just doesn't cover for all the other things (fall, popped jumps, 1 & spins, no edgework, no speed) she has alot of work to do, her GOE and PCS just covers those lacks! ! if i didn't know what her score was before i watched her performance, i would never have guessed she would come anywhere close, looking at her skate

it just that people forget all this when they see the score she received
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 422
Join date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:19 pm

i❤Mao wrote:
I'm not the biggest fan of Yuna by any means, but I think her comeback was decent. I just don't get all the buzz around her beyond her jumps and she got away with some calls on them at this competition.

i completely agree with you, here! i think that since this was yu-na's first competition of course she would show some nerves and all the pressure she has to deal with (and her getting away with calls was expected because of her reputation plus it's a b level event and i just knew it would happen). i think that claiming she has no reason to perform so low is a bit harsh in my opinion because it's impossible to skate clean at the highest level every time especially in a debut performance. personally, i wouldn't ask that from anyone. No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3545
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:36 am

ballerinamao wrote:


sorry polosatik but tech isn't just the jumps the other elements do count too, her spins where really slow, lacked rotation, and change of positioning, her steps where slow, and didn't have much content, no use of edge work.... sorry as much as i love the jumps but her jumps didn't have any speed, no height, and no weight, no difficult entrance , and her just doing the jumps just doesn't cover for all the other things (fall, popped jumps, 1 & spins, no edgework, no speed) she has alot of work to do, her GOE and PCS just covers those lacks! ! if i didn't know what her score was before i watched her performance, i would never have guessed she would come anywhere close, looking at her skate

it just that people forget all this when they see the score she received

And this is why I don't understand her score. Suspect Even if it was a B international, you can't just give a sky high score to a skater whose level is nowhere near the given score. This is what pisses me off about her (though it's not Yuna's fault) and I sincerely hope we won't see such travesty at worlds.

shar wrote:


Plus Yuna has been practicing everyday for up to 5 hours during the 18 months off, according to her. So she has no reason to be doing as bad as she was.

What?! Shocked No way do I believe this, not with the performance she showed. But then she also says she's in 80% (or something like this) of her olympic form, so what do I know...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 794
Join date : 2010-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:16 pm

shar wrote:


Plus Yuna has been practicing everyday for up to 5 hours during the 18 months off, according to her. So she has no reason to be doing as bad as she was.

Shocked I don't believe this. I mean, she can't be in such a physical state if she is practicing for so long. Not technically speaking, because her jumps are great, but her stamina problem would not look as bad as it's looking now if she is practicing for so long.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
agathrine

avatar

Posts : 8
Join date : 2012-12-18
Age : 29
Location : Indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:18 am

Quote :
On another note, I see some people coming out of lurkdom

I'm one of them... Very Happy

Hi everybody
apparently i'm a newbie in this forum and i'm new to this sport (because i live in the tropical country, no winter sport here...)

But one thing i know that i've fallen in love to figure skating since i watched Mao Asada's bell of Moscow in Olympic 2010. and the next video i watched is when she cried after the performance... then i started to watch her other videos, looking for stories about her, etc. i started to watch another skater as well, but until now, there's no other skater like mao that gives me goosebumps every time i watch her performance. i don't know about salchows, lutz, or axels, what is under-rotated jumps, downgraded jumps, etc. all i know that i'm happy when she skate, and can't stop watching her performance again and again.

i've watched yuna's videos as well, she has great dramatic facial expression, and maybe some great jumps, but that's it... i don't have the feeling like i'm addicted to her and i want to watch her again

so yeah... i'm glad to join you guys here Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1029
Join date : 2010-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:50 am

agathrine wrote:
Quote :
On another note, I see some people coming out of lurkdom

I'm one of them... Very Happy

Hi everybody
apparently i'm a newbie in this forum and i'm new to this sport (because i live in the tropical country, no winter sport here...)

But one thing i know that i've fallen in love to figure skating since i watched Mao Asada's bell of Moscow in Olympic 2010. and the next video i watched is when she cried after the performance... then i started to watch her other videos, looking for stories about her, etc. i started to watch another skater as well, but until now, there's no other skater like mao that gives me goosebumps every time i watch her performance. i don't know about salchows, lutz, or axels, what is under-rotated jumps, downgraded jumps, etc. all i know that i'm happy when she skate, and can't stop watching her performance again and again.

i've watched yuna's videos as well, she has great dramatic facial expression, and maybe some great jumps, but that's it... i don't have the feeling like i'm addicted to her and i want to watch her again

so yeah... i'm glad to join you guys here Smile

Hi!!! Welcome to the forum! I was interested in Mao since the Olympics, too. Because of this forum, my knowledge of figure skating just went through the roof. Lol! It won't be as large as someone who is a competitive figure skater, but it's more than average (I hope. Lol!).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1810
Join date : 2009-05-07
Location : la-la-land

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:05 am

agathrine wrote:
Quote :
On another note, I see some people coming out of lurkdom

I'm one of them... Very Happy

Hi everybody
apparently i'm a newbie in this forum and i'm new to this sport (because i live in the tropical country, no winter sport here...)



Hi Agathrine, welcome to the forum. Join us in the discussions and post often. You'll be surprised you'll be able to understand those jumps, spins and other elements discussing with everyone here. I know I did when I joined this forum. Like you, I'm also from a tropical country but FS is such an interesting sport and there are lots of interesting skaters so it's good if we can discuss about them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
kisses
Double Axel
Double Axel
avatar

Posts : 110
Join date : 2012-11-26
Location : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:12 pm

agathrine wrote:
Quote :
On another note, I see some people coming out of lurkdom

I'm one of them... Very Happy

Hi everybody
apparently i'm a newbie in this forum and i'm new to this sport (because i live in the tropical country, no winter sport here...)

But one thing i know that i've fallen in love to figure skating since i watched Mao Asada's bell of Moscow in Olympic 2010. and the next video i watched is when she cried after the performance... then i started to watch her other videos, looking for stories about her, etc. i started to watch another skater as well, but until now, there's no other skater like mao that gives me goosebumps every time i watch her performance. i don't know about salchows, lutz, or axels, what is under-rotated jumps, downgraded jumps, etc. all i know that i'm happy when she skate, and can't stop watching her performance again and again.

i've watched yuna's videos as well, she has great dramatic facial expression, and maybe some great jumps, but that's it... i don't have the feeling like i'm addicted to her and i want to watch her again

so yeah... i'm glad to join you guys here Smile

Hi Agathrine, welcome here in the forum cheers . Like you, I also come from tropical country and have no knowledge about the "figure skating terms" like you mentioned in your post. However, it took me months (or a year) before I understand those "terms" thru this forum (like roma said) and watching Mao and Yuna's youtube videos. Now I know how to identify the jumps, spins, and other elements while watching the video (except differentiating the lutz from flip jumps by edges) Laughing.

Hope you enjoy this forum like I do if I have free time Very Happy

Back to Yuna's programs this year, it took me a lot of replays in Youtube (and even play it after Mao's programs) just to convince myself that there is still "magic" that I felt last 2008-2010 seasons. Because when I watched it for first time, there is nothing special except for jumps and dramatic facial expression&moves. But after several replays, I am convinced that there's potential for these programs. I just wish that Yuna should bring her old self to perform these programs or try another choreography. I want to see her trying different things in ice. Well, these are my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polly10



Posts : 88
Join date : 2010-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:34 am

ballerinamao wrote:
polosatik wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
sorry polosatik but i don't agree, even if she only focused on her jumps, in that case a fall, popped jumps, no stamina after the first few jumps shouldn't have been an issue. not to speak about her level 1-2 spins, and steps that where blaah.

and comparing her skate to Caro isn't right either, firstly because Caro is much older, secondly she had alot of personal stuff she had to deal with. but even then all of caro's spins and steps where level 4, and afterall caro landed 4 triple jumps, they may not have been all perfect but it's still 4 triples, so if one looks at the overall picture i think Caro's comeback was much better!




Well, Yuna landed 6 triples in her FS btw. And all clean, so I don't get the point there. I really like Carolina's programs, especially her SP. But technically, I can't see who can doubt Yuna's strength.

sorry polosatik but tech isn't just the jumps the other elements do count too, her spins where really slow, lacked rotation, and change of positioning, her steps where slow, and didn't have much content, no use of edge work.... sorry as much as i love the jumps but her jumps didn't have any speed, no height, and no weight, no difficult entrance , and her just doing the jumps just doesn't cover for all the other things (fall, popped jumps, 1 & spins, no edgework, no speed) she has alot of work to do, her GOE and PCS just covers those lacks! ! if i didn't know what her score was before i watched her performance, i would never have guessed she would come anywhere close, looking at her skate

it just that people forget all this when they see the score she received

um... what????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1810
Join date : 2009-05-07
Location : la-la-land

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:26 am

polly10 wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
polosatik wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
sorry polosatik but i don't agree, even if she only focused on her jumps, in that case a fall, popped jumps, no stamina after the first few jumps shouldn't have been an issue. not to speak about her level 1-2 spins, and steps that where blaah.

and comparing her skate to Caro isn't right either, firstly because Caro is much older, secondly she had alot of personal stuff she had to deal with. but even then all of caro's spins and steps where level 4, and afterall caro landed 4 triple jumps, they may not have been all perfect but it's still 4 triples, so if one looks at the overall picture i think Caro's comeback was much better!




Well, Yuna landed 6 triples in her FS btw. And all clean, so I don't get the point there. I really like Carolina's programs, especially her SP. But technically, I can't see who can doubt Yuna's strength.

sorry polosatik but tech isn't just the jumps the other elements do count too, her spins where really slow, lacked rotation, and change of positioning, her steps where slow, and didn't have much content, no use of edge work.... sorry as much as i love the jumps but her jumps didn't have any speed, no height, and no weight, no difficult entrance , and her just doing the jumps just doesn't cover for all the other things (fall, popped jumps, 1 & spins, no edgework, no speed) she has alot of work to do, her GOE and PCS just covers those lacks! ! if i didn't know what her score was before i watched her performance, i would never have guessed she would come anywhere close, looking at her skate

it just that people forget all this when they see the score she received

um... what????

same.

Yuna might be lackluster on her debut performance. I felt that she might have been slow on her SP steps but she's usually not like that and it improved in the FS. Maybe first comp jitters. She also might have fallen and popped a couple of jumps in the FS but in no way will I describe those as having no speed, height, etc. When Yuna jumps esp her 3-3 combo, those are huge. That's why it's quite impressive that she's managed to retain her jumps even is she didn't compete for like 20 months.

At worlds, for sure we'll see the old Yuna back.


Last edited by roma on Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2008-10-16
Age : 28
Location : Russia,Spb

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:28 am

Yuna's jumps are the best in terms of speed, distance and height, I mean who has better jumps then her? I don't get this converstaion at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1810
Join date : 2009-05-07
Location : la-la-land

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:33 am

yeah. better discuss on more positive topics.

When will Korean Nationals be held? It's been so long since she competed in it. I think we'll see better executed programs there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2008-10-16
Age : 28
Location : Russia,Spb

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:42 am

roma wrote:
yeah. better discuss on more positive topics.

When will Korean Nationals be held? It's been so long since she competed in it. I think we'll see better executed programs there.
At 4-6 of January Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1810
Join date : 2009-05-07
Location : la-la-land

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:50 am

polosatik wrote:
roma wrote:
yeah. better discuss on more positive topics.

When will Korean Nationals be held? It's been so long since she competed in it. I think we'll see better executed programs there.
At 4-6 of January Very Happy

Thanks, Asya! :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1348
Join date : 2010-03-04
Location : The Far East

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:41 am

polosatik wrote:
Yuna's jumps are the best in terms of speed, distance and height, I mean who has better jumps then her? I don't get this converstaion at all.

ITA! Her other elements had some problems, but I thought her jumps were great! As much as I don't want to, I have to admit Yuna does seem to have the best jumps at this point. I only hope that the other girls will be stimulated by her return and work on their jumps more and more. You have to admit it's good for the sport to have Yuna back. I think she'll pull up the level of ladies singles once again, and we'll all get to see more exciting ladies singles' competitions. I think Yuna was overscored overall, but it might've been better that way; the other top ladies will know what they are going to have to deal with soon and have a chance to prepare for it.

_________________

Mao's Guradian Angels (Facebook):To join plz contact me via PM
Mao Asada Fan Forum YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaoAsadaFanForum
JAPAN FIGURE SKATE FORUM: http://japanfigureskate.forumotions.net
Personal Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 422
Join date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:08 am

polosatik wrote:
Yuna's jumps are the best in terms of speed, distance and height, I mean who has better jumps then her? I don't get this converstaion at all.

i argue that carolina's jumps are more dynamic, sharp and explosive. but yes, just because yu-na's jumps seem to have deteriorated (which was expected since she wasn't in competition for quite some time) doesn't mean that she doesn't have speed, distance, and height and i agree with you that i don't get the conversation myself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2008-10-16
Age : 28
Location : Russia,Spb

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:10 am

swan wrote:
polosatik wrote:
Yuna's jumps are the best in terms of speed, distance and height, I mean who has better jumps then her? I don't get this converstaion at all.

i argue that carolina's jumps are more dynamic, sharp and explosive. but yes, just because yu-na's jumps seem to have deteriorated (which was expected since she wasn't in competition for quite some time) doesn't mean that she doesn't have speed, distance, and height and i agree with you that i don't get the conversation myself.
Сarolina's jumps are also very impressive, I agree there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 781
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Georgia, United States

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:18 am

Yuna will make final decision to compete at 4CC by January.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/text/sp20121219it.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2008-10-16
Age : 28
Location : Russia,Spb

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:31 am

Well, Yuna by herself said she won't attend 4CC. So I think she won't change her mind completely and also she has the Special Olympics obligations. Only Nationals and Worlds this season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 461
Join date : 2011-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:57 am

polosatik wrote:
Yuna's jumps are the best in terms of speed, distance and height, I mean who has better jumps then her? I don't get this converstaion at all.

Just wanted to point out that it's Yuna's toe-pick jumps only that are truly the best, but not her edge jumps. geek She still doesn't have a loop, her sal is just average and her 2A is good but not the best. Sorry to be annoying Too sweet!

I agree that her Lutz and Flip are a beauty though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2008-10-16
Age : 28
Location : Russia,Spb

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:02 pm

babayaga wrote:
polosatik wrote:
Yuna's jumps are the best in terms of speed, distance and height, I mean who has better jumps then her? I don't get this converstaion at all.

Just wanted to point out that it's Yuna's toe-pick jumps only that are truly the best, but not her edge jumps. geek She still doesn't have a loop, her sal is just average and her 2A is good but not the best. Sorry to be annoying Too sweet!

I agree that her Lutz and Flip are a beauty though.
That's ok Razz I agree about the loop, her 2a is really good, sal, I guess she is not that consistent like with her other jumps. Every skater has weaknesses, it's just more usual that skaters have problems with lutz and flip,more difficult jumps Too sweet! I still think in terms of power , Ira was the best jumper. And as you remember she was the one who did 3l-3lo I love you Midori had the best height.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 422
Join date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:14 pm

babayaga wrote:
polosatik wrote:
Yuna's jumps are the best in terms of speed, distance and height, I mean who has better jumps then her? I don't get this converstaion at all.

Just wanted to point out that it's Yuna's toe-pick jumps only that are truly the best, but not her edge jumps. geek She still doesn't have a loop, her sal is just average and her 2A is good but not the best. Sorry to be annoying Too sweet!

I agree that her Lutz and Flip are a beauty though.

which is why i give the jump trophy to carolina. sure, carolina hasn't been doing the lutz (due to health reasons but i completely support her not including the lutz to preserve her body and she didn't need it last season anyway). but her salchow and loop are just wow Yikes!!! !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 2262
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : denmark

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:49 pm

I would give the jump trophy to Mao for having the most beautiful , and effortles jumps, midori to for her height!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 247
Join date : 2012-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:22 pm

babayaga wrote:
polosatik wrote:
Yuna's jumps are the best in terms of speed, distance and height, I mean who has better jumps then her? I don't get this converstaion at all.

Just wanted to point out that it's Yuna's toe-pick jumps only that are truly the best, but not her edge jumps. geek She still doesn't have a loop, her sal is just average and her 2A is good but not the best. Sorry to be annoying Too sweet!

I agree that her Lutz and Flip are a beauty though.

babayaga, I totally agree with you.

swan wrote:


which is why i give the jump trophy to carolina. sure, carolina hasn't been doing the lutz (due to health reasons but i completely support her not including the lutz to preserve her body and she didn't need it last season anyway). but her salchow and loop are just wow Yikes!!! !

Yes, I agree with that too.

ballerinamao wrote:
I would give the jump trophy to Mao for having the most beautiful , and effortles jumps, midori to for her height!

I would give the jump trophy to Mao in 2007-2008 and Carolina in 2003-2004.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   

Back to top Go down
 
Yu Na News
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 21Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Good News Stories
» Cod News
» Camden Classic Marks & News
» Keilor Gift NEWS in local papers
» unusual metal detector - tv news ch10 - bingle diamond search

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ballerina on Ice :: Figure Skating :: Other Skaters-
Jump to: