HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Yu Na News

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
AuthorMessage
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:38 am

kawaiimao wrote:
Protocol:

http://www.croskate.hr/Html/GSp13_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf

71.52 PCS for that, seriously!!??silent 

I think both programs are of her better ones and definitely have potential to become quite impressive, but not skated like that!
pcs inexplicables, in interpretation she deserved it if she is trying portray the most bored woman on earth Unconscious . Performance/execution, I don´t know exactly they take into account but she had a fall, weird landing in 3s-2t, slow spins with no good positions, really SLOWER step seq.

And why she get always higher points in SS than Mao, it is because she is faster confused ???, she was not in this competition definitly but I think the rink is smaller than usual, may be it could affect.

Last edited by chapis on Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:47 am

chapis wrote:
kawaiimao wrote:
Protocol:

http://www.croskate.hr/Html/GSp13_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf

71.52 PCS for that, seriously!!??silent 

I think both programs are of her better ones and definitely have potential to become quite impressive, but not skated like that!
pcs inexplicables, in interpretation she deserved it if she is trying portray the most bored woman on earth Unconscious . Performance/execution, I don´t know exactly they take into account but she had a fall, weird landing in 2a-3t, slow spins with no good positions, really SLOWER step seq.

And why she get always higher points in SS than Mao, it is because she is faster confused ???, she was not in this competition definitly but I think the rink is smaller than usual, may be it could affect.
Well, it's a B intl, so she got overscored, but if she scored 131 at B intl, what the heck would she scored under ISU, 120+?
I never understood Yuna's SS score. To me her SS aren't good, she doesn't have good edges, she does countless of cross overs, twice as much as Mao so I don't get the SS mark. This is how I see it, bit I'm not an expert, so I could be wrong.

Lol at her fans and their excuses. If this were Mao they would've torn her apart, claiming she's past her prime and is embarrassing herself. Commentator 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:07 pm

I have a hard time believing that this is it, after all the talk about her program being choreographically so hard, THIS is it? I really don't know where to begin, but I couldn't help but notice how many time she just stopped and began posing, and send glances at the judges
This was not what I had imagined reading her description of her program.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:21 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
I have a hard time believing that this is it, after all the talk about her program being choreographically so hard, THIS is it? I really don't know where to begin, but I couldn't help but notice how many time she just stopped and began posing, and send glances at the judges
With no ofense, but this is typical Yuna. It's called being artistic, at least to her fans.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ElleluvsL
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:50 pm

sapphiresky wrote:

Now the bots have an excuse that she had a "serious injury"...not sure what I like better, them having an excuse or them going insane and worshipping a high score.
Rolling Eyes I've already seen this serious injury excuse going around in order to make the performance seem so much more impressive than it really was, but Yuna herself said she was fully healed already, didn't she? And that it was never that major of an injury to begin with? I don't doubt that Yuna can pull off a good and clean skate of Adios Nonino at the Olympics if she sets her mind to it, but I hate that her obsessed fans can never admit it when she doesn't perform well, there is always some kind of excuse made for her that fans of other skaters could never get away with and still be taken seriously.

“I have never seen such a hard worker as Mao. She is a role model for me, and she inspires everyone." -Takahiko Kozuka
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:05 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
With no ofense, but this is typical Yuna. It's called being artistic, at least to her fans.
Now she can understand how hard it is for Mao to do difficult footwork over those years without losing stamina. clown The step sequence scores are distributed generously like candy. Very Mad May be her crappy LP is a way to comfort her fans who were worried about her jumping too high, hitting the ceiling and injuring her head Fried . I know Yuna is very nice to her fans.

Even when you have raised up the temperature up to 99 degrees, it is said the water can never get to the boiling point if you fail to have the last one degree get past 99. The thing that boils the water is the last one degree. [The key to a success] is none other than enduring that last 1 minute when you feel like giving up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:20 pm

Now she can understand how hard it is for Mao to do difficult footwork over those years without losing stamina. clown The step sequence scores are distributed generously like candy. Very Mad May be her crappy LP is a way to comfort her fans who were worried about her jumping too high, hitting the ceiling and injuring her head Fried . I know Yuna is very nice to her fans.[/quote]

Indeed Yep! , she usually looks fast in step seq but I guess this step seq is a little more difficult and she can´t handle it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cera
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:12 pm

Got the courage up to watch Yuna's programs, finally...and was a little surprised by what I saw, after all the hype...

I had watched her SP runthrough earlier, and I really liked the music she was using. But when I watched the real SP, I was a little too distracted by the colour of the dress. Yes, I was admiring her jumps and movements, facial expressions, etc, but a small part of my mind was trying to identify the colour of the dress (its not REALLY yellow, or green, or even bright, but not really dull) and I blame my lack of knowledge on the background of her music here, but I was also trying to reconcile the colour of her dress, with the emo-ness of her music and the title..."send in the clowns"...TBH, I had expected some happy, playful music (based on the title alone).

For her LP, I knew about the score before I watched her program and so I was not expecting too much on the tech part, but c'mon...its a TANGO...I didn't see any tango moves. This program would have gone perfectly with something along the style of her 'Danse Macabre' program, where the glares (you're not supposed to glare in a tango, I think...I would have thought the looks would be more like the seductive kind) would have been more fitting with the super dramatic femme fatale theme she is good at portraying. I think what was lacking was the actual 'dancing', something like what Akiko or even Kanako has done. I remember Kanako's junior program, can't remember which year it was, it was the year she was winning everything on the junior GP circuit, MAN that was DANCING! a tango is a dance, after all...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:24 pm

cera wrote:
Got the courage up to watch Yuna's programs, finally...and was a little surprised by what I saw, after all the hype...

I had watched her SP runthrough earlier, and I really liked the music she was using. But when I watched the real SP, I was a little too distracted by the colour of the dress. Yes, I was admiring her jumps and movements, facial expressions, etc, but a small part of my mind was trying to identify the colour of the dress (its not REALLY yellow, or green, or even bright, but not really dull) and I blame my lack of knowledge on the background of her music here, but I was also trying to reconcile the colour of her dress, with the emo-ness of her music and the title..."send in the clowns"...TBH, I had expected some happy, playful music (based on the title alone).

For her LP, I knew about the score before I watched her program and so I was not expecting too much on the tech part, but c'mon...its a TANGO...I didn't see any tango moves. This program would have gone perfectly with something along the style of her 'Danse Macabre' program, where the glares (you're not supposed to glare in a tango, I think...I would have thought the looks would be more like the seductive kind) would have been more fitting with the super dramatic femme fatale theme she is good at portraying. I think what was lacking was the actual 'dancing', something like what Akiko or even Kanako has done. I remember Kanako's junior program, can't remember which year it was, it was the year she was winning everything on the junior GP circuit, MAN that was DANCING! a tango is a dance, after all...
I don't know about that. Yuna did a lot of unnecessary flirty poses.

Even when you have raised up the temperature up to 99 degrees, it is said the water can never get to the boiling point if you fail to have the last one degree get past 99. The thing that boils the water is the last one degree. [The key to a success] is none other than enduring that last 1 minute when you feel like giving up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:56 pm

pearlyriver wrote:
cera wrote:

I don't know about that. Yuna did a lot of unnecessary flirty poses.
I liked her SP, but I was bored with her LP. It was like she was dancing to the wrong music. Her movements was nice enough, but it didn't go with the music.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:10 am

cera wrote:

I blame my lack of knowledge on the background of her music here, but I was also trying to reconcile the colour of her dress, with the emo-ness of her music and the title..."send in the clowns"...TBH, I had expected some happy, playful music (based on the title alone).

I'm quoting someone's comment from FSG, and I think it's about correct to comment Yuna's interpretation of Send in the Clown:

"I think Send in the Clowns loses a lot of impact without the lyrics…and when it's out of context."

Yet, if turning to the lyrics of the song, the words are simple but quite difficult to understand (unless you're familiar with the story line). It's funny when Barbara Streisand recorded Send in the Clown, she said she thinks the melody is beautiful, but she couldn't figure out the lyrics at all when first hearing the song. I really don't expect a girl at her 20s to understand the real meaning of the song.

If Yuna would come to understand the lyrics, she has the ability to turn it into a very powerful performance. But I don't think it's her intention to go that way with the interpretation of the song.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:25 am

COHK wrote:

I'm quoting someone's comment from FSG, and I think it's about correct to comment Yuna's interpretation of Send in the Clown:

"I think Send in the Clowns loses a lot of impact without the lyrics…and when it's out of context."

Yet, if turning to the lyrics of the song, the words are simple but quite difficult to understand (unless you're familiar with the story line). It's funny when Barbara Streisand recorded Send in the Clown, she said she thinks the melody is beautiful, but she couldn't figure out the lyrics at all when first hearing the song. I really don't expect a girl at her 20s to understand the real meaning of the song.

If Yuna would come to understand the lyrics, she has the ability to turn it into a very powerful performance. But I don't think it's her intention to go that way with the interpretation of the song.
Thank you COHK. Tbh, I don't quite understand the lyrics but I think it has to be someone like Barbara Streisand or Judi Dench who have experienced life enough to deliver it. The piano version sounds beautiful to those who aren't familiar witht the song or the musical, but it must be disappointing for people who love the musical.

Now that Yuna's debut is less than stellar, will she go to 4CC? She needs another A-level international competition to test her programs.  If she really goes, then the tickets for the ladies' events would be booked quickly.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:52 am

pearlyriver wrote:
Tbh, I don't quite understand the lyrics but I think it has to be someone like Barbara Streisand or Judi Dench who have experienced life enough to deliver it. The piano version sounds beautiful to those who aren't familiar witht the song or the musical, but it must be disappointing for people who love the musical.

Now that Yuna's debut is less than stellar, will she go to 4CC? She needs another A-level international competition to test her programs.  If she really goes, then the tickets for the ladies' events would be booked quickly.
Yes, it will require some life experiences to justify Send in the Clown, taking lyrics into consideration.

I just saw the news on Chinese Weibo, no, Yuna will not attend 4CC, as 4CC will be held too close to Sochi.
The unconfirmed report says she will not change any part of her program, but to work only on steps and spins.

[cheers  for Yuna NOT coming to Taipei for 4CC, as I don't want to be packed in Korean audiences while watching the games!]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:47 am

pearlyriver wrote:

Now she can understand how hard it is for Mao to do difficult footwork over those years without losing stamina. clown The step sequence scores are distributed generously like candy. Very Mad May be her crappy LP is a way to comfort her fans who were worried about her jumping too high, hitting the ceiling and injuring her head Fried . I know Yuna is very nice to her fans.

ROTFLMAO 

Completely agree. It's why I said, the reason she's so consistent, is because her content is fairly easy, if she would try to come anywhere close to Mao in difficulty I'm not talking about 3A), we would see a lot more falls or mesing up.

chapis wrote:
Indeed  Yep!  , she usually looks fast in step seq but I guess this step seq is a little more difficult and she can´t handle it

IMO, Yuna's footwork has never been her forte, which why I've always been baffled at her goe she got for step seq. She was fast because her level of difficulty was a lot easier than Mao's. If you look back at her programs, she had a lot of "two foot" elemnts in them, unlike Mao, who was skating on one foot through most of her step seq choreography.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iceriver
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:14 am

Yuna is going to compete at Korean Nationals. I think it's a wise decision, since attending only one competition before the Olympics looked a little risky, even for Yuna. I'm sure this is great news for all Korean fans...I imagine people fighting for tickets right now  Hell, no!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ElleluvsL
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:21 am

I was looking for news reports or articles confirming Yuna's participation in the Korean nationals when I found this...

Kim Yu-na's Outfit Upsets Fans

I thought that it was sort of funny since we Mao fans have grown used to Mao's taste in dresses and her sometimes eccentric choices, so we don't get so angry if we don't like her dresses  Smile , but everyone expects to see gorgeous costumes everytime for Yuna.  I'm guessing she will have a new one made soon. I feel sorry for the designer of Yuna's dress though, she probably didn't expect such a backlash.

“I have never seen such a hard worker as Mao. She is a role model for me, and she inspires everyone." -Takahiko Kozuka
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:41 pm

ElleluvsL wrote:
I was looking for news reports or articles confirming Yuna's participation in the Korean nationals when I found this...

I thought that it was sort of funny since we Mao fans have grown used to Mao's taste in dresses and her sometimes eccentric choices, so we don't get so angry if we don't like her dresses  Smile , but everyone expects to see gorgeous costumes everytime for Yuna.  I'm guessing she will have a new one made soon.  I feel sorry for the designer of Yuna's dress though, she probably didn't expect such a backlash.

Honestly after watch her again the yellow dress looks good , it would be better if the sleevs were not so loose.
And about korean nationals I don´t understand, what is the difference   scratch  ?, that is a very small competition with korean judges? surely they can advice her even if she doesn´t compete, or it is for the world forget her not so good last competition  Wink 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:42 pm

chapis wrote:
ElleluvsL wrote:

I thought that it was sort of funny since we Mao fans have grown used to Mao's taste in dresses and her sometimes eccentric choices, so we don't get so angry if we don't like her dresses  Smile , but everyone expects to see gorgeous costumes everytime for Yuna.  I'm guessing she will have a new one made soon.  I feel sorry for the designer of Yuna's dress though, she probably didn't expect such a backlash.

Honestly after watch her again the yellow dress looks good , it would be better if the sleevs were not so loose.
And about korean nationals I don´t understand, what is the difference   scratch  ?, that is a very small competition with korean judges? surely they can advice her even if she doesn´t compete, or it is for the world forget her not so good last competition  Wink 

I think it's smart for her to do one more competition before the Olympic, especially since she didn't do so good at the Golden Spin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iceriver
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:41 pm

shar wrote:

I think it's smart for her to do one more competition before the Olympic, especially since she didn't do so good at the Golden Spin.

I think it's smart too. Even though Yuna is known for her consistency, going to such an important competition as the Olympics having skated to her new programs in front of an audience and judges only once didn't look like a good idea. Yes, she doesn't have real competitors there and judges are going to be Korean, but it's still a competition with people in the crowd shouting, judges judging and the media following all her movements.

BTW, I think Yuna's SP dress is not exactly yellow but green. It can be seen in some pictures, although its almost yellow. It looks like something between olive green and yellow to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:24 am

ElleluvsL wrote:

We had a blast discussing this last week on the FB group. Honestly, the dress has grown on me (figuratively of course) but even if it's ugly, it's not 100% the designer's fault since Yuna definitely had say in choosing her dress.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:26 am

Well, if Yuna changes that costume it's like admitting she really made a mistake on that and that will put the designer in an even worse position. It'll be up to Yuna now. If she says she likes it and helped in choosing the design and color then maybe the the backlash will stop or not be as bad as it is now.

Last edited by roma on Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:00 pm

I think the dress would be better sleeveless or something. And a a brighter shade of yellow would be nice! Not this dirty shade!

Btw i read somewhere, that the korean nationals will broadcast in tv only if Yuna competes!
That is really rude to the other skaters, if you ask me! I wonder if that is true!

“To be able to grow and not be scared, the first thing you have to do is to experience anything and everything. This first thing you should do is have the courage to face your weak point. Then you will get real strength.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:19 pm

Haidogirl wrote:
I think the dress would be better sleeveless or something. And a a brighter shade of yellow would be nice! Not this dirty shade!

Btw i read somewhere, that the korean nationals will broadcast in tv only if Yuna competes!
That is really rude to the other skaters, if you ask me! I wonder if that is true!

affraid What do they expect about FS in Korea if they only pamper the queen who'll retire in a few months.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:24 pm

pearlyriver wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:

affraid What do they expect about FS in Korea if they only pamper the queen who'll retire in a few months.

And this is why I think the ppl in charge of things in Korea FS are so stupid. They only want to hype the one who is already dominant and successful in FS, but they won't put time and money on many potential future "queeeeens" or upcoming men in FS. At least Japan pays attention to their upcoming potential "Mao" and/or "Dai" and "Yuzuru". So when these guys retire, there's always a fresh batch of newbies to look out for.

After Yuna retires, FS will be almost non-existing in Korea. And considering the next Winter Olympics will be held in Korea, they might try to pull the poor woman out of retirement to compete, in hopes to have someone from their home country to medal in FS. They better get smart and start supporting their up and coming skaters like YESTERDAY if they want to represent Pyeongchang 2018 right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:15 am

shar wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:

And this is why I think the ppl in charge of things in Korea FS are so stupid. They only want to hype the one who is already dominant and successful in FS, but they won't put time and money on many potential future "queeeeens" or upcoming men in FS. At least Japan pays attention to their upcoming potential "Mao" and/or "Dai" and "Yuzuru". So when these guys retire, there's always a fresh batch of newbies to look out for.

After Yuna retires, FS will be almost non-existing in Korea. And considering the next Winter Olympics will be held in Korea, they might try to pull the poor woman out of retirement to compete, in hopes to have someone from their home country to medal in FS. They better get smart and start supporting their up and coming skaters like YESTERDAY if they want to represent Pyeongchang 2018 right.

I completely agree with both of you. I don't know what's going on in the KSF oficials heads, but if they want FS to survive they need to back off of Yuna and start pushing the new talent.

IMO, even if they would manage to pull Yuna out of retirement, by the 2018, she'll be a non factor for any medal, let alone the gold.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   

Back to top Go down

Yu Na News
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 18 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next