HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Yu Na News

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
AuthorMessage
kitty

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:56 am

I doubt if Yu-Na is still eligible for competing in 2018 Olympics, as she will probably become an IOC member in 2 years' time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:04 am

^ Yes, you're right. Is it certain that she'll make it? I mean I know that she'll be a candidate, I'm just cluelless at how the procedure runs.  Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:34 pm

kitty wrote:
I doubt if Yu-Na is still eligible for competing in 2018 Olympics, as she will probably become an IOC member in 2 years' time.

Yeah this fact and that she will be 27 in the olympics is for a single skater quite old.
I mean, many skaters experiences 3 olympics, but then with 16 the first time, which she failed to.

“To be able to grow and not be scared, the first thing you have to do is to experience anything and everything. This first thing you should do is have the courage to face your weak point. Then you will get real strength.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:56 pm

Haidogirl wrote:
kitty wrote:

Yeah this fact and that she will be 27 in the olympics is for a single skater quite old.
I mean, many skaters experiences 3 olympics, but then with 16 the first time, which she  failed to.

Akiko is 28 years old and Irina was 27yo in Torino. It would be great if Mao decide come back to 2018 OG  Encore Cheering
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abdiel
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:04 am

Iceriver wrote:
Yuna is going to compete at Korean Nationals. I think it's a wise decision, since attending only one competition before the Olympics looked a little risky, even for Yuna. I'm sure this is great news for all Korean fans...I imagine people fighting for tickets right now  Hell, no!

cheers  Poor organizers. Hopefully Nats will be a better outing for her, especially in the LP. There were movements that seemed off in the LP, that will need to be tweaked before the final version. I want to see the spark I saw in the skater who produced beautiful programs like Danse Macabre and El Tango de Roxanne. [I am reminded of Liza's and Kanako's (that Choreographic sequence!) programs featuring Adios Nonino.]

Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:00 am

chapis wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:
kitty wrote:

I mean, many skaters experiences 3 olympics, but then with 16 the first time, which she  failed to.

Akiko is 28 years old and Irina was 27yo in Torino. It would be great if Mao decide come back to 2018 OG  Encore Cheering

And you know, how Irina ended!  Sweatdrop 

“To be able to grow and not be scared, the first thing you have to do is to experience anything and everything. This first thing you should do is have the courage to face your weak point. Then you will get real strength.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:16 am

Haidogirl wrote:

I think both Mao and Yuna would be delighted to take the bronze at the next Olympics
to complete their Olympic medals collection Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:25 pm

Exactly, bronze medal at 27 it is great, and we know she could do it better but it was not her day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:31 pm

kawaiimao wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:

I think both Mao and Yuna would be delighted to take the bronze at the next Olympics
to complete their Olympic medals collection Wink

LAWD PLEASE READ THIS!  Very Happy Hahahah
Amen ma sista.. Amen! Sochi 2014 Gold is in Mao's and the Almighty's hands.

Mao Asada Fan Wub
I WILL tawk like a black person if anyone tawks SHIZ about ma boo..  Evil or Very Mad

To Mao doubters/haters:
Mao is the fabulous Swan Queen and you're fat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:12 pm

ElleluvsL wrote:
I was looking for news reports or articles confirming Yuna's participation in the Korean nationals when I found this...

Kim Yu-na's Outfit Upsets Fans

I thought that it was sort of funny since we Mao fans have grown used to Mao's taste in dresses and her sometimes eccentric choices, so we don't get so angry if we don't like her dresses  Smile , but everyone expects to see gorgeous costumes everytime for Yuna.  I'm guessing she will have a new one made soon.  I feel sorry for the designer of Yuna's dress though, she probably didn't expect such a backlash.

Yuna's fans definitely aren't as patient as we are  Hell, no!  The dress would be ok in different color, this one is ugly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tripleaxelqueen

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:48 pm

europeanfan wrote:
ElleluvsL wrote:
I was looking for news reports or articles confirming Yuna's participation in the Korean nationals when I found this...

Kim Yu-na's Outfit Upsets Fans

I thought that it was sort of funny since we Mao fans have grown used to Mao's taste in dresses and her sometimes eccentric choices, so we don't get so angry if we don't like her dresses  Smile , but everyone expects to see gorgeous costumes everytime for Yuna.  I'm guessing she will have a new one made soon.  I feel sorry for the designer of Yuna's dress though, she probably didn't expect such a backlash.

Yuna's fans definitely aren't as patient as we are  Hell, no!  The dress would be ok in different color, this one is ugly.

Yuna ubers (NOT the good normal fans) are crazy. I am surprised they don't like this outfit because they think every thing Yuna Kim do is perfect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:08 am

This video is age old, but can anyone give a comment? I don't know if Tat really praised Yuna's loop, since it's often said that the loop is Yuna's weakest jump?

Even when you have raised up the temperature up to 99 degrees, it is said the water can never get to the boiling point if you fail to have the last one degree get past 99. The thing that boils the water is the last one degree. [The key to a success] is none other than enduring that last 1 minute when you feel like giving up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iceriver
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:08 am

Yuna's triple loop was never stable but I think that, when she managed to land it, it was not a bad jump. Quite the contrary, it looks pretty good to me. Yuna had back problems so I suppose that she preferred not to do the loop or practice it less than other jumps.

Some thoughts about Yuna's jumps in general...I think that Yuna jumps so well because, apart from having very good technique, she has great power (something innate I suppose) and was taught to skate quite fast. I imagine that you need time to get used to skate at high speed: more speed means more powerful jumps but also requires more control and you can fall more easily. Yuna rarely underotates her jumps; when she makes a mistake she normally pops the jump (triple flip, sometimes) or falls because that's the way she was taught to skate, attacking the jumps with speed. If something happens in the take off she pops the jump and if she's not able to control the landing she falls.

BTW, Korean Nationals are starting tomorrow I think. Are we going to talk about it here or in the "other nationals" thread? I guess that since Yuna is the main reason for most people paying attention to it we could post here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:16 pm

Thank you Iceriver for your explanation  Thumbs up! . Feel free to post it here. Will there be any live stream for Korean Nats?

Even when you have raised up the temperature up to 99 degrees, it is said the water can never get to the boiling point if you fail to have the last one degree get past 99. The thing that boils the water is the last one degree. [The key to a success] is none other than enduring that last 1 minute when you feel like giving up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
let`s talk
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:41 pm

Iceriver wrote:
I think that Yuna jumps so well because, apart from having very good technique, she has great power (something innate I suppose) and was taught to skate quite fast.
Good jumpers normally jump all jumps (like Plu did at his prime), not only the convenient ones. Yuna has the most limited jump layout among everyone with 3 triples plus 3lip, the set that not all juniors dare to skate knowing that they wouldn't end up in top 10  Bawling .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:09 pm

Yuna changed her FS dress:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iceriver
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:47 pm

The dress looks strange, but I'll wait until I see the actual program. It might go well with the program itself which is not what I would call a conventional tango skate. Nevertheless, it's somehow funny that Yuna's dresses this season are so different from what we were used to see...after all these years of great costumes, now this strange colour choices are surprising, at least to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:14 am

80 for the SP Neutral 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asada_Rising

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:36 am

Really? I had a really rough week and now THIS???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abdiel
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:55 am

Hahaha that reaction right after the ending pose lol! 

I'm not surprised she received that score; it is Nats. If the Korean senior ladies field was as deep as Russia's or Japan's, things would have gone differently.

On another note, I'm glad she went clean after a shaky warm-up. [iron nerves] The 3F and 2A looked tight; her knee bend helped control the landing. Spins also looked better than the month before. (She nearly lost control of the lay-back? Her Y-spin left a lot to be desired.)

I'm not sure I like the music cut. It sounds repetitive for an SP to me. (Shrug)

Over-all: She made everything work, but she could do better.  silent

I visited the YNKF, and I think Yuna being there has inspired the rest of the field to level up their game.  Smile 

kisses
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:58 am

pearlyriver wrote:

80 for the SP Neutral 

just as expected for her score tonight... tsk tsk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iceriver
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:48 am

That was a great skate, I like it but I think it would look better with a different dress. I don't dislike the dress itself but I think that something more similar to her Thaïs ex will be more suitable for the type of music. Of course, 80 is overscored but it's understandable, especially after other skaters with much lower level got +50 for subpar performances. However, this could have scored 75-77 in an international competition I think. Sochi is going to be nail-biting...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abdiel
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:24 am

Iceriver wrote:
That was a great skate, I like it but I think it would look better with a different dress. I don't dislike the dress itself but I think that something more similar to her Thaïs ex will be more suitable for the type of music. Of course, 80 is overscored but it's understandable, especially after other skaters with much lower level got +50 for subpar performances. However, this could have scored 75-77 in an international competition I think. Sochi is going to be nail-biting...

You don't say....  Whirly 

About the costume: How about her "Someone like you" exhibition costume, or her 2008 Worlds LP (the flowy dark pink/red) costume, for the SP? The new LP costume reminds me a little of Kanako's "Mask of Zorro" costume, the one with the lavender-black color combination. We'll have to wait tomorrow to see the new LP costume in motion; it might look better that way.

silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:30 am

I think that Mao was supposed to get nearly 80 (officially!) at GPF if Amano was not there. Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iceriver
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:36 am

silenceisgolden wrote:
I think that Mao was supposed to get nearly 80 (officially!) at GPF if Amano was not there. Mad

Mao should have scored at least 75 there
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   

Back to top Go down

Yu Na News
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 19 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next