HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Yu Na News

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:44 pm

AmazingGraceMao wrote:
babayaga wrote:
polosatik wrote:
Yuna's jumps are the best in terms of speed, distance and height, I mean who has better jumps then her? I don't get this converstaion at all.

Just wanted to point out that it's Yuna's toe-pick jumps only that are truly the best, but not her edge jumps. geek She still doesn't have a loop, her sal is just average and her 2A is good but not the best. Sorry to be annoying Too sweet!

I agree that her Lutz and Flip are a beauty though.

babayaga, I totally agree with you.

swan wrote:

which is why i give the jump trophy to carolina. sure, carolina hasn't been doing the lutz (due to health reasons but i completely support her not including the lutz to preserve her body and she didn't need it last season anyway). but her salchow and loop are just wow Yikes!!! !

Yes, I agree with that too.

ballerinamao wrote:
I would give the jump trophy to Mao for having the most beautiful , and effortles jumps, midori to for her height!

I would give the jump trophy to Mao in 2007-2008 and Carolina in 2003-2004.

since mao is reforming her jumps i can't give her the jump trophy but she's definitely in the right direction Smile . but yes, i think mao's jumps from 2006-2008 were probably her best (back when she had so much height and no hesitation!). as for carolina, it's a shame that she doesn't get as much attention as the other ladies do. i think carolina's lutz and flip can even match yu-na's lutz and flip.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:47 am

I've just watched Yuna's performance. It's a decent comeback IMHO, considering that she's been away from the sport for nearly two seasons. But I don't get that skyhigh score. The first part was good, but her pooped jump and fall, low spin and lackluster presentation are hard to ignore. Don't mean to fire up a debate and it's certainly not her fault but I just don't understand the score.

Even when you have raised up the temperature up to 99 degrees, it is said the water can never get to the boiling point if you fail to have the last one degree get past 99. The thing that boils the water is the last one degree. [The key to a success] is none other than enduring that last 1 minute when you feel like giving up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:42 am

swan wrote:

since mao is reforming her jumps i can't give her the jump trophy but she's definitely in the right direction Smile . but yes, i think mao's jumps from 2006-2008 were probably her best (back when she had so much height and no hesitation!). as for carolina, it's a shame that she doesn't get as much attention as the other ladies do. i think carolina's lutz and flip can even match yu-na's lutz and flip.

I agree, but Caro may do better but Mao can do all. I mean, we have never seen a woman skater do 3A 3F-3T 3F-3Lo in one program except for Mao. So I would give the jump trophy to Mao in terms of technical difficulty, and the jump trophy to Caro in terms of jump quality.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:39 am

for those who may be interested in yuna's performance from the korean nationals -http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Cm7o-N9W06o#t=62s

I have to say I have never seen an elite skater suddenly fall while skating and wasn't even attempting an element, and she popped her lutz too! but still received a ridiculous score 64.97 for that! cyclops

on the positive side: she landed her 3-3 combo

Back to top Go down
View user profile
patknowsbest

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:50 am

Hey, did you guys see Yuna's performance for the SP on the South Korean Nationals? A fall on the first minute of the program, and not even on a jumping pass! Plus, she messed up her first and biggest jump (though I'm not sure on the second one, camera didn't catch it). I hope I could find a better copy, but for now, here's the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTwfYTkF-U0
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:08 am

ballerinamao wrote:
for those who may be interested in yuna's performance from the korean nationals -http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Cm7o-N9W06o#t=62s

I have to say I have never seen an elite skater suddenly fall while skating and wasn't even attempting an element, and she popped her lutz too! but still received a ridiculous score 64.97 for that! cyclops

on the positive side: she landed her 3-3 combo
Viktoria helgesson in her 2011 Euros FS and Hanyu after his StSq at Worlds last year! lol!
And she landed her 3F+3T for the first time after almost four years!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abdiel
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:36 am

I think Yuna improvised. She currently uses a 3Lz-3T, but since in her nationals SP she missed it (due to lack of speed resulting from the fall) she changed her planned 3F to 3F-3T. It's like her 2011 Worlds SP, where she botched her planned combo and changed her single jump to a combo jump. Also, scores from national championships are often inflated so I'm not surprised. And what can we say? Yuna is South Korea's top skater in ladies' singles, and it's a great privilege for the other Korean skaters to share the ice with her.

Is it just me who thinks that Yuna's elements look more labored now compared to ones from earlier seasons? I think it's partly because of her technique that she's able to do her elements with her present condition (22 y/o physique and long non-comp period).

I still don't buy DW's choreography in these two programs, nor the music choices.

shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:52 am

Abdiel wrote:
I think Yuna improvised. She currently uses a 3Lz-3T, but since in her nationals SP she missed it (due to lack of speed resulting from the fall) she changed her planned 3F to 3F-3T. It's like her 2011 Worlds SP, where she botched her planned combo and changed her single jump to a combo jump. Also, scores from national championships are often inflated so I'm not surprised. And what can we say? Yuna is South Korea's top skater in ladies' singles, and it's a great privilege for the other Korean skaters to share the ice with her.

Is it just me who thinks that Yuna's elements look more labored now compared to ones from earlier seasons? I think it's partly because of her technique that she's able to do her elements with her present condition (22 y/o physique and long non-comp period).

I still don't buy DW's choreography in these two programs, nor the music choices.

No, ur not the only one. I thought her spins were a little better, but still not her best. And her overall performance looked like she was just swinging her arms. It feels more like a routine then a performance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:56 am

After watching the video, I think she is in better condition than NRW. She is progressing. Her 3F3T was wonderful.

After replay, I thought her 3T was iffy (short of 90 degree rotation), and her 3F turned outside edge when took off.

But I doubt she will get any UR or E calls at worlds, you know, because of her reputation.

She is still very competitive. I hate to say it, but It would be hard to see her off the podium at worlds. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ashcroft1086
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:56 am

if you guys are interested, here is the kbs2 broadcast of yuna kim's sp at korean nationals:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mARusQqM_WQ

Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:30 pm

shar wrote:
Abdiel wrote:

No, ur not the only one. I thought her spins were a little better, but still not her best. And her overall performance looked like she was just swinging her arms. It feels more like a routine then a performance.
Not competing for a year and a half and now being 22 y/o means a lot: her layback is worse than before (she's not even trying to receive a level 4), the jumps are smaller and she could begin to receive < too, unless her reputation plays for her Razz but I actually like her programs... Another problem could be that she doesn't have a level 4 StSq when Mao and Caro are receiving it consistently!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:36 pm

Mao2012 wrote:
shar wrote:
Abdiel wrote:

Not competing for a year and a half and now being 22 y/o means a lot: her layback is worse than before (she's not even trying to receive a level 4), the jumps are smaller and she could begin to receive < too, unless her reputation plays for her Razz but I actually like her programs... Another problem could be that she doesn't have a level 4 StSq when Mao and Caro are receiving it consistently!

you just wrote what i have been thinking all day, when i watched her performance, she really has alot of issues to take care of, luckily for her is that her 3-3 seems consistent, without it she would be in big trouble!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:10 pm

after watching her short program again, i feel that many small parts of the choreography are out of place. apparently she plays bitten and not the biter but still my overall impression of the program is not really a program but routine, just like shar said. lame-o choreography. david wilson, you deserve to be kicked off of team yu-na. also, i still get the hint that yu-na doesn't want to be out there. as for the score, i'm honestly surprised that the judges didn't score her higher because her reputation and it's a national competition (i was expecting them to give her a 70). not that it should be any higher because it's inflated enough as it is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:20 pm

AmazingGraceMao wrote:
After watching the video, I think she is in better condition than NRW. She is progressing. Her 3F3T was wonderful.

After replay, I thought her 3T was iffy (short of 90 degree rotation), and her 3F turned outside edge when took off.

But I doubt she will get any UR or E calls at worlds, you know, because of her reputation.

She is still very competitive. I hate to say it, but It would be hard to see her off the podium at worlds. lol!

Kudos to Yuna for doing the 3F-3T combo after that botched 3Lz+3T. She could still have done that initial combo or maybe just have done a Lutz. Wonder why she popped it. Has she given interviews yet?

On replay I though her 3F wasn't on inside edge, too. Maybe not really outside edge also but it looked perpendicular to the ice.

shar wrote:

Having been spoiled by Yuna's past SPs this program really does nothing for me. It really falls short of her previous SPs. DW could have given his star client something better. Yuna's performance didn't help. Looked like it was routine and still not her usual performance standards. I hope the next time she performs she'll be more of her old SP self.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:51 pm

She was off as soon as she started skating it...
You just feel that she is somewhere else -
But you gotta bow to this skater! She is indeed a gutsy lady!
Going after that 3F3T (a jump she didn't have for like years) after she botched her first combo was like coming back from the death...
She seems to instinctively know what she needs and she does it!

Let's all agree on one thing - that music is doing nothing good for her!
But many of DW 'performances' require Yuna's participation! She should play her part with those hands going all over the place and the 'i-wanna-kill-my-lover' expressions...
Anyone remembers her 2010 worlds SP - It seemed like a totally different one she skated months ago in Vancouver!
When she is off - Her whole program seems like a blur! And now she doesn't even have dramatic/sensational music in the back...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:14 pm

I actually started to kind of like Yuna's short program scratch Maybe I just like dark and dramatic music and Yuna was performing it with much more attack than the first time she skated it despite the mistakes Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:44 pm

babayaga wrote:
I actually started to kind of like Yuna's short program scratch Maybe I just like dark and dramatic music and Yuna was performing it with much more attack than the first time she skated it despite the mistakes Smile

That is what I felt. She is making progress.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:38 pm

Yuna just scored 145+ with a clean LP. She is back to form.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:04 am

AmazingGraceMao wrote:

Good for her, I wonder how much that score would translate in an actual competition. With both Yuna and Caro getting over 140 at their nationals, Mao's going to have to step her game up. I hope she realizes that it's only her nerves holding her back, and just goes for it at worlds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:11 am

shar wrote:
AmazingGraceMao wrote:

Good for her, I wonder how much that score would translate in an actual competition. With both Yuna and Caro both getting over 140 at their nationals, Mao's going to have to step her game up. I hope she realizes that it's only her nerves holding her back, and just goes for it at worlds.

Mao said she will put 3A in both SP and LP. I can't help but worry about her consistency. Yuna doesn't need to rework her techniques and she seems to be very consistent, especially in SP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:23 am

AmazingGraceMao wrote:
shar wrote:
AmazingGraceMao wrote:

Good for her, I wonder how much that score would translate in an actual competition. With both Yuna and Caro both getting over 140 at their nationals, Mao's going to have to step her game up. I hope she realizes that it's only her nerves holding her back, and just goes for it at worlds.

Mao said she will put 3A in both SP and LP. I can't help but worry about her consistency. Yuna doesn't need to rework her techniques and she seems to be very consistent, especially in SP.

At this point does she have a choice? She needs it if she wants to beat Yuna's 3-3. Either that or bring back her 3-3. I don't think she had to re-work her 3A as much as her other jumps, she just needed to add more speed going, in to avoid under rotation, and getting rid of her nerves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:33 am

shar wrote:
AmazingGraceMao wrote:
shar wrote:
AmazingGraceMao wrote:

At this point does she have a choice? She needs it if she wants to beat Yuna's 3-3. Either that or bring back her 3-3. I don't think she had to re-work her 3A as much as her other jumps, she just needed to add more speed going, in to avoid under rotation, and getting rid of her nerves.

It is hard for Mao to get her 3A ratified, remember 4cc 2012? As you said, she has no choice. I so want her to do a 3F-3T and bring that 3A back when she is in a terrific form.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:55 am

AmazingGraceMao, I think Mao's problem with getting her 3A ratified is mostly due to speed and nerves. One causes under rotation, and the other affects her consistancy. And both are due to fear. If she can overcome those 2 things, she will be the #1 female skater.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:11 am

shar wrote:
AmazingGraceMao, I think Mao's problem with getting her 3A ratified is mostly due to speed and nerves. One causes under rotation, and the other affects her consistancy. And both are due to fear. If she can overcome those 2 things, she will be the #1 female skater.

IMO, 3A is a too difficult jump, unlike 3lz/F-3T, it is so hard to do it consistently even for men skaters. Unless Mao is in a good form as she was in 4cc 2011, I am not optimistic about trying it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:30 am

AmazingGraceMao wrote:
shar wrote:

IMO, 3A is a too difficult jump, unlike 3lz/F-3T, it is so hard to do it consistently even for men skaters. Unless Mao is in a good form as she was in 4cc 2011, I am not optimistic about trying it.

So true, I guess because Mao has done it so flawlessly so many times, we forget just how difficult that jump is, even for the men. I don't think the judges appreciate seeing a female doing such a difficult jump. Otherwise,, they wouldn't have waited until after the 2010 Olympics to change their ruling on downgrading that jump.

Last edited by shar on Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   

Back to top Go down

Yu Na News
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 21Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next