HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Yu Na News

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21
AuthorMessage
kisses
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:15 pm

Thank you Abdiel for your detailed insights about Yuna's jump (comparison between pre and post Vancouver). I hope you can also give comments about Mao's jump in a different topic page. Smile

About Yuna's program, SP is still flat for me, nothing special but the yellow dress is growing on me. I like it now (however the color does not compliment with her skin complexion). For FP, same with Iceriver, it has potential but I don't like the music cut after triple salchow. It's like I'm lost at that part and expecting more progression to climatic part. Another thing, Yuna should add speed and sharpness on her step sequence. I'm craving for more angst and tango-ish moves (like Kanako and Liza) on that part.

Her SP, I still don't get what she is portraying (probably because the Sending the clowns has a complicated message for 23 year old lady). For FP, I see the flirty side, other than that.. I don't see a lady bidding goodbye to her FS fans after almost a decade of competitive career. I still love Lu Chen's version.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:05 pm

Abdiel wrote:
I confess that I enjoyed Liza's Adios Nonino program more than Yuna's current version.  Escape 
The new costume goes well with the lay-over position though it still is a bit lacklustre. I'm not sure what image she wants to portray though. In my first viewing, she looks fragile and infatuated, if not hormonal.

Case Study: El Tango de Roxanne. When I compared her 2006 GPF and her 2007 WC performance, the latter had more spark, enthusiasm, and life that carried over from the skater. That was also the case in her 2005 JGPF and 2006 JWC. In both seasons, Yuna geared everything for the major competition, the world championships, so she focused on getting all the aspects of her programs together in the GP series. I think this is also the case with her Adios Nonino program. If she can make things work by the WOG, then it is just possible for Yuna to truly perform. That is, if she wants to do that. But from her interview, she said just focused on getting good results... Does that mean just hitting all the elements? (Not losing control of spins, no popping, no step-outs) If so, I'll be really disappointed because when performed with the right spark (like in her 2007 WC SP) Adios Nonino could be a really charming program. What do you guys think?

Hormonal?  ROTFLMAO I don't take Yuna's statement at face value. She could say that to mitigate pressure from fans and media. I believe she's determined to give it all in Sochi. She wouldn't come back if she didn't think that she had a good chance at winning OGM to secure her legacy. Thanks Abdiel. I'll read your post again and again to understand all the technical information  Thumbs up! 

Iceriver wrote:

And, about Yuna's programs, I like (I would say I love if it didn't sound too "bot" here  Embarassed ) her SP but found her LP lackluster at first. However, it's growing on me and, after watching some fancams from Korean Nationals, I think it has potential to become a really good program. You can like her style or not (I like it) but you have to admit that she knows her strengths very well, has clear ideas of what people like about her, and works hard to make her programs look quite effortless and fluid. As I said, she has a personal style (which can be quite repetitive in some cases, for instance her Giselle SP that was too dramatic and exaggerated for my taste) so if you don't like it you'll find most of her programs disappointing.

I also think that her SP is better than LP. I still think Send in the Clowns is like an oversized coat for her, but her programs are not meant to please all the musical fans so this SP has the potential to become good. It's like V/M's pros, they are generic but could score well enough if skated clean. I really hate Giselle  Frustrated

Even when you have raised up the temperature up to 99 degrees, it is said the water can never get to the boiling point if you fail to have the last one degree get past 99. The thing that boils the water is the last one degree. [The key to a success] is none other than enduring that last 1 minute when you feel like giving up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
let`s talk
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:24 am

Unbelievable. My persistance on twitter with Phil Hersh worked. The dude had to crawl out of his lair:
https://twitter.com/olyphil/status/420320397444149248
"Just watched Yuna's winning Korean Champs skates. LP not brilliant (by her past level) and overscored, but LP/SP good enough for Oly gold"
Not without nonsese but yet I see some progress here. What is going on with this world...  Escape 
Probably Philly doesn't want to look like sent-in-clown indeed when things go wrong in Sochi.  ROTFLMAO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abdiel
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:25 am

Iceriver wrote:
Thank you very much Abdiel! Very interesting post about Yuna's jumps, I just loved it  Very Happy . I'm a little overwhelmed now (in the good sense of the word  Wink) with so much information, but I may comment something else when I have more time.

And, about Yuna's programs, I like (I would say I love if it didn't sound too "bot" here  Embarassed ) her SP but found her LP lackluster at first. However, it's growing on me and, after watching some fancams from Korean Nationals, I think it has potential to become a really good program. You can like her style or not (I like it) but you have to admit that she knows her strengths very well, has clear ideas of what people like about her, and works hard to make her programs look quite effortless and fluid. As I said, she has a personal style (which can be quite repetitive in some cases, for instance her Giselle SP that was too dramatic and exaggerated for my taste) so if you don't like it you'll find most of her programs disappointing.

Please do share you own thoughts when you have the time and inspiration to do so! And I don't think saying that you love a Yuna program means you're a bot. It just means you have a different opinion. Bots are different...

kisses wrote:
Thank you Abdiel for your detailed insights about Yuna's jump (comparison between pre and post Vancouver). I hope you can also give comments about Mao's jump in a different topic page. Smile

You're welcome! As for Mao... I plan to do so once I have gathered my thoughts on it. sunny Okay, I admit it. Once I stop re-watching Mao's programs over and over and over and over...  Embarassed 

silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:56 pm

You will find Dick Button's opinion on Yuna from his new book interesting
posted on FSU by IceAlisa along with the photos of Titan face and Yuna.

"Yuna Kim is blessed with two talents that will stand her in good stead at
the forthcoming Olympic Winter Games in Sochi. Her jumps are simply the
best. They're clean, easy, and consistent, with height, excellent rotation
and perfect entrances and exits.

She also has the ability "not to wilt" and these two positives should help
her in her quest to medal in Sochi.

Her arm movements are graceful and she skates to the music, but the emotion
seems applied and to be created as an effect instead of coming from the
heart. Her expression can take on a suffering look. What is it they say
about the figures in a Titian painting? "If the heroine is a dancer, it's a
Degas. If the heroine is suffering, it's a Titian."

This may be heresy in some folks' minds, since Yuna Kim has gotten the
highest of scores under the IJS, but next time you see her skate, observe
her back. She has rounded shoulders that lack tension. She fails to ever
fully point or turn out her feet, so that in a spiral or a spin one sees
feet that look like wooden mallets. "

Back to top Go down
View user profile
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:21 pm

Totally agree!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:37 pm

I have a story indirectly related to YN to share: a colleague went to watch 4CC's ladies FS with me, and it was her first time watching any figure skating competition. After watching Hae Jin's FS (to Swan Lake), my friend asked me: why is she looked so much in suffering? And my first reaction was: I don't know why (but I know where/who Hae Jin picked that look up from)  Razz 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:57 am

Lol, Dick Button's writing is pure gem.
COHK wrote:
I have a story indirectly related to YN to share: a colleague went to watch 4CC's ladies FS with me, and it was her first time watching any figure skating competition. After watching Hae Jin's FS (to Swan Lake), my friend asked me: why is she looked so much in suffering? And my first reaction was: I don't know why (but I know where/who Hae Jin picked that look up from)  Razz 

ITA. Even her crossover looks like Yuna's. Overall an enjoyable program but I much prefer So Young. She makes a great swan.

Even when you have raised up the temperature up to 99 degrees, it is said the water can never get to the boiling point if you fail to have the last one degree get past 99. The thing that boils the water is the last one degree. [The key to a success] is none other than enduring that last 1 minute when you feel like giving up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:50 pm

OMG, I love Dick Button, he completely nailed it. Though this is nitpicking here, while I absolutely agree she is the best jumper at the moment, however her jump exits aren't always perfect (some look borderline occasionally) nor would I call her flip/lip entry perfect either.  Who, me?  Razz 

COHK wrote:

lol!  I think she's also a client of Yuna's agency if I'm not mistaken.

pearlyriver wrote:
ITA. Even her crossover looks like Yuna's. Overall an enjoyable program but I much prefer So Young. She makes a great swan.

I adore So-Youn.  Swoon  I hope she'll rock it in Sochi and be Korea's #2 there. I couldn't find her videos from 4CC a few days ago, so I don't know why Hae Jin was better, but like I said, i hope this will change in a few weeks.  Yep!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:53 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
OMG, I love Dick Button, he completely nailed it. Though this is nitpicking here, while I absolutely agree she is the best jumper at the moment, however her jump exits aren't always perfect (some look borderline occasionally) nor would I call her flip/lip entry perfect either.  Who, me?  Razz 

COHK wrote:

lol!  I think she's also a client of Yuna's agency if I'm not mistaken.

pearlyriver wrote:

I adore So-Youn.  Swoon  I hope she'll rock it in Sochi and be Korea's #2 there. I couldn't find her videos from 4CC a few days ago, so I don't know why Hae Jin was better, but like I said, i hope this will change in a few weeks.  Yep!

Add to it that she rarely has any transitions, going into or out of her jumps, isn't including one kind of jump and not repeating another weak jump of hers (3S) and no 2a-3t in her programs either. her 3-3 used to be very impressive in height and distance today it's not even close it's just up and down.
sometimes I feel like people are ignorant when it come to kim, her skating has regressed in so many places and remained the same in other, but people still chose to ignore it when it comes to her.
because we and they know that she is going to score big any way, well not just big but bigger then before since her pcs still increases even when she is not competing isn't that amazing  Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
let`s talk
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:08 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:12 pm

ballerinamao wrote:

Add to it that she rarely has any transitions, going into or out of her jumps, isn't including one kind of jump and not repeating another weak jump of hers (3S) and no 2a-3t in her programs either. her 3-3 used to be very impressive in height and distance today it's not even close it's just up and down.

She can't do 2A-3T, because she doesn't do 3Lo, and can't (thank God ISU has found some brain) do three 2A anymore. So she has to leave 2A-3T out.

ballerinamao wrote:

sometimes I feel like people are ignorant when it come to kim, her skating has regressed in so many places and remained the same in other, but people still chose to ignore it when it comes to her.
because we and they know that she is going to score big any way, well not just big but bigger then before since her pcs still increases even when she is not competing isn't that amazing  Rolling Eyes 

ballerinamao, I wish someone would show this to the idiots who are judging at competitions. This really pisses me off to a point that I'm starting to hate Yuna, and it's not even her fault at how she's being judged. What kind of score she's expecting is a different matter though.  Who, me? 

Seriously, Mao has improved so freaking much it's almost like watching a whole new Mao, yet her scores only gradually improve, while the queen remains the same in some areas and has become worse in others, yet her scores miraculously improve.  Frustrated Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:44 am

Here are So-youn's programs at 4cc in case you haven't watched them. I especially love her Swan pro.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:07 pm

^Thanx for posting So-Youn's programs. She's so lovely, and I agree with you pearlyriver, her Swan program is great.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polly10

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:03 pm

this is big news in korea.. yuna has a boyfriend..

http://image.dispatch.co.kr/erc/yuna20140306/ex.html

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:20 pm

Oh my goodness! I'm happy for Kim Yu-na!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:51 pm

Happy for Yuna, too. She can finally live a life she wanted... hopefully. No more competitive pressure to worry about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:15 am

Good for Yuna. I hope she'll get to enjoy her life away from the press. Paparazzis are forbidden in korea, if I'm not mistaken?

Now I'm just waiting for Mao to find someone special (if she hasn't already). I'm a huge Mao-Taka (Maozuka) shipper, but I have to admit that Mao and Dai had some serious chemistry going on during the gala rehersal. Who, me? 

Sorry to be off topic, but I couldn't resist.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:27 am

Happy for Yuna, but I'm not surprised. Considering she's been out of competition for 2 years before coming back. One would think she's have the time to develop a relationship.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:07 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
Good for Yuna. I hope she'll get to enjoy her life away from the press. Paparazzis are forbidden in korea, if I'm not mistaken?.

Not sure about paparazzi but Yuna is such a beloved icon in Korea that there might be a public backlash if her guy gets attacked by crazy bots. Well maybe they well be moved if they read this article, but who knows. Personally I think it was written a little bit too dramatically.

zarinaballerina wrote:
Now I'm just waiting for Mao to find someone special (if she hasn't already). I'm a huge Mao-Taka (Maozuka) shipper, but I have to admit that Mao and Dai had some serious chemistry going on during the gala rehersal. Who, me? 

Sorry to be off topic, but I couldn't resist

Maybe we should revive the shipping thread?  Hell, no! Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abdiel
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:24 pm

Hmm.. I think it was mentioned before that 'Send in the Clowns' was partly about regrets in life. (specifically, love life)

Has anyone ever had the thought that Yuna might have wanted to live a life out of skating when she was training full time during her teens? She lived overseas in Canada for about 3 years; quite a lot for an athlete/student/teen. In effect, she sacrificed a lot of time a regular Korean teen would have spent being, well, a regular teen. All that for a competitive skating career can leave a mark on a person, OGM or no OGM. Maybe that's how she interpreted her 'Send in the Clowns' SP. She's had regrets that's why she stayed out of the competitive scene for a looooong time before coming back in 2013. She laid out the foundation for her post competitive life (e.g. graduating from university), until she really needed to compete again at the Olympics, which also entailed competing at competitions leading up to the Olympics.

I don't completely believe that she regrets competing. She did a darn good job of it, winning an OGM and all. I'm just saying she might have put in all those lost times in interpreting her program.

And with this news of Yuna having a boyfriend, I think she's finally getting to live her life without the pressure of competing. A BIG, BIG, BIG relief. I hope Mao gets to have her happy ending too.

Note to self: must visit that shipping thread you guys are mentioning.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   

Back to top Go down

Yu Na News
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 21 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21