HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Yu Na News

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 247
Join date : 2012-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:44 am

Just watched yuna's LP. Her 3lz-3T was not perfect, 3T was short of rotation and should get < IMO. Also weak landing on the 3S. Otherwise it was overall good performance. She had more speed than in NRW.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 781
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Georgia, United States

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:55 am

AmazingGraceMao wrote:
Just watched yuna's LP. Her 3lz-3T was not perfect, 3T was short of rotation and should get < IMO. Also weak landing on the 3S. Otherwise it was overall good performance. She had more speed than in NRW.

I'm glad you noticed the same mistakes I did. And did you notice how low she bends before going into her jumps? It reminds me of Mao's old jumps, I hope she corrects it by the Olympics.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 247
Join date : 2012-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:00 am

shar wrote:
AmazingGraceMao wrote:
Just watched yuna's LP. Her 3lz-3T was not perfect, 3T was short of rotation and should get < IMO. Also weak landing on the 3S. Otherwise it was overall good performance. She had more speed than in NRW.

I'm glad you noticed the same mistakes I did. And did you notice how low she bends before going into her jumps? It reminds me of Mao's old jumps, I hope she corrects it by the Olympics.


I never like her so I don't care if she will correct it. I guess that makes me an evil person. lol!

P.S. Yuna is hard to beat even in her current form.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1810
Join date : 2009-05-07
Location : la-la-land

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:13 am

Les Miserables FS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs2qSP0ZfUU

*off to watch this*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 781
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Georgia, United States

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:22 am

AmazingGraceMao wrote:
shar wrote:
AmazingGraceMao wrote:
Just watched yuna's LP. Her 3lz-3T was not perfect, 3T was short of rotation and should get < IMO. Also weak landing on the 3S. Otherwise it was overall good performance. She had more speed than in NRW.

I'm glad you noticed the same mistakes I did. And did you notice how low she bends before going into her jumps? It reminds me of Mao's old jumps, I hope she corrects it by the Olympics.


I never like her so I don't care if she will correct it. I guess that makes me an evil person. lol!

P.S. Yuna is hard to beat even in her current form.


Hell, no!

Not a fan of hers, I just wanted to say something positive. But I can't help noticing her horrible form. She hides it well with her dramatic movements, but shes one of the least elegant skaters i've seen. Esp. the eagle? I'm not sure the name of that move where you leen back with your legs spread. No matter how many times I see her do it, it makes me cringe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1810
Join date : 2009-05-07
Location : la-la-land

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:47 am

Overall, her nationals performances were definitely better compared to NRW esp the FS. On replay I thought the 3T in combo was a bit UR, too. When are they going to make the protocols available?

She's still hard to beat and with Caro's performance at ITA nationals, Worlds will be very, very exciting! I think the high level of competitors in JPN nats gave too much pressure to the competitors that affected their performances. Still, I believe Japan Nats was too stringent in the scores they gave -- even harsher than actual competition -- if you compare it to how others were scored in their own nationals. Caro and Yuna's Nats PCS were definitely sky high even compared to what Yuna got at the Olys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 2262
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : denmark

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:48 am

lol I just looked at her protocol she received around 13 points from GOE in the freeskate alone, and got 75 points in PCS, so if anyone was wondering where the big number comes from here is the answer! ROTFLMAO

her BV is 57.62 Rolling Eyes ---------add the crazy goe, and wuala------ 70.79
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1810
Join date : 2009-05-07
Location : la-la-land

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:05 am

ballerinamao, where did you see the protocols?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 2262
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : denmark

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:09 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1810
Join date : 2009-05-07
Location : la-la-land

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:26 am

ballerinamao wrote:
here it is: http://yunaforum.com/forum/uploads/monthly_01_2013/post-2413-0-39063800-1357471974.jpg

Thanks!

One of Yuna's strengths has always be to get as much GOE on her elements as possible so I'm not that surprised with the TES although I'd like to see how it'll be scored in competition. For me that 3T in combo was close to UR on replay but it gained very positive GOEs here (I hope someone who knows more on jumps can enlighten us). I feel that because she has a reputation of really nailing her combo most of the time she's given the benefit of the doubt. Mao is the opposite. Since she has been working on jump issues and has been inconsistent in recent seasons there's always doubt concerning them. Mao doesn't get as much GOEs on her jumps but I'm hoping that with improved consistency she'll be able to get more from now on.

PCS -- well, like I said in the Mao thread, Japan Nats is very stringent. Scoring actually looked like in int'l comps. I don't feel they are overscored. In fact, I feel they are underscored. Maybe because they have a lot of high level competitors compared to other countries. I think Caro even received higher PCS at ITA Nats than what Yuna received at Korean Nats. Lets see the PCS marks Ashley will be given at US Nats.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 2262
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : denmark

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:58 am

I just remembered a what a sentence from a judge she said that the perfect tool to manipulate the scores are GOE, if one wants to see who the favourite is all they have to look at is the grade of execution, and she certainly was right.

I find it disgusting how she can show up to competition with a base value that's way below what most top skaters attempt, but because she knows she can always rely on the judges to boost her in GOE and PCS, while this makes her relax it forces the other skaters to attempt even more difficult content not because Kims content is high but rather due to the judges inflation!

imagine yourself a skater yourself, and to see your competitor suddenly magically receive all those points that come out of nowhere, I would certainly feel insulted, that's for sure!




Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1810
Join date : 2009-05-07
Location : la-la-land

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:57 am

ballerinamao wrote:

I find it disgusting how she can show up to competition with a base value that's way below what most top skaters attempt, but because she knows she can always rely on the judges to boost her in GOE and PCS, while this makes her relax it forces the other skaters to attempt even more difficult content not because Kims content is high but rather due to the judges inflation!

I'm sorry ballerinamao if I'm going to disagree with you. I simply do not agree with the above. Yuna's base value has never been "way below what most top skaters attempt." Her base value has always been on the high side. She may not have the highest bv but she executes her jumps very well most of the time and her programs are very COP friendly to maximize points.

Caro and Ashley have lesser base values compared to Yuna and they're now top skaters aiming for the gold at Worlds. Mao's base value at Japan Nationals was lesser at 55+ due to that last combo error. If she's able to do her elements cleanly she'll have an advantage on her bv at 61+. She needs to deliver it clean and the jumps should be in good quality. Unless Caro and Ashley upgrade to a 3-3 in FS, the only one comparable so far (that I can think of) to pull out a high bv will be Liza. She did manage 58+ at TEB with a UR jump. But base value is just base value. What's important is the quality of the element. When Yuna nails her jumps they're really good and checks those bullet points for getting GOEs.

While, yes, Yuna's scores forces skaters to attempt even more difficult content I'd say it's a positive one. Now we're seeing a lot of 3-3s out there even if most of them are 3T+3Ts. I'm hoping that more skaters will be able to do them consistently and with good quality. I'm not defending Yuna's (TES) scores because I also happen to be a fan but because that's what I see on the technical side of her performance.

And these scores are from her country's nationals. Super inflation is bound to happen. That's why lets wait for worlds (has she made up her mind on 4CC?) and see how they'll score her and the rest if they also bring their A game. Caro will be at Euros so I'm hoping she skates clean there and then lets see how they'll score her if the others like Kiira and the Russians will go clean also.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 2262
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : denmark

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:27 am

roma wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:

I find it disgusting how she can show up to competition with a base value that's way below what most top skaters attempt, but because she knows she can always rely on the judges to boost her in GOE and PCS, while this makes her relax it forces the other skaters to attempt even more difficult content not because Kims content is high but rather due to the judges inflation!

I'm sorry ballerinamao if I'm going to disagree with you. I simply do not agree with the above. Yuna's base value has never been "way below what most top skaters attempt." Her base value has always been on the high side. She may not have the highest bv but she executes her jumps very well most of the time and her programs are very COP friendly to maximize points.

Caro and Ashley have lesser base values compared to Yuna and they're now top skaters aiming for the gold at Worlds. Mao's base value at Japan Nationals was lesser at 55+ due to that last combo error. If she's able to do her elements cleanly she'll have an advantage on her bv at 61+. She needs to deliver it clean and the jumps should be in good quality. Unless Caro and Ashley upgrade to a 3-3 in FS, the only one comparable so far (that I can think of) to pull out a high bv will be Liza. She did manage 58+ at TEB with a UR jump. But base value is just base value. What's important is the quality of the element. When Yuna nails her jumps they're really good and checks those bullet points for getting GOEs.

While, yes, Yuna's scores forces skaters to attempt even more difficult content I'd say it's a positive one. Now we're seeing a lot of 3-3s out there even if most of them are 3T+3Ts. I'm hoping that more skaters will be able to do them consistently and with good quality. I'm not defending Yuna's (TES) scores because I also happen to be a fan but because that's what I see on the technical side of her performance.

And these scores are from her country's nationals. Super inflation is bound to happen. That's why lets wait for worlds (has she made up her mind on 4CC?) and see how they'll score her and the rest if they also bring their A game. Caro will be at Euros so I'm hoping she skates clean there and then lets see how they'll score her if the others like Kiira and the Russians will go clean also.

it's funny that you take Mao's base value from the nationals, if you have to compare BV with each other you have to compare the entended layouts with each other. and you know what I have in my entire life never seen a skater more inflanted then Kim, and you say it's positive when other skaters attempt more difficult content, well it's positive, but not when they have to do that in order to catch up to a skaters whose scores consists of inflation, and are the most inflanted in figure skating history. not even midori ito received those kind of goes for her HUGE jumps, tell me when you see her do her jumps do you see anything extradonary in them, do you see any difficult entrance, exit, steps leading up...... the answer is no because there is none. and to answer your question I have checked the bullet points and it just confirmed everything. there is absolutely nothing that could justify her score, absolutely NOTHING.

you should take a look at the huge amount of points she magically receives, there is a line between when something is normal and something becomes OUTRAGES, and that line has long been crossed!

Do you have any idea of the HUGE AMOUNT of points Kim just gets delivered on the plate, put the Goe and PCS together and see for yourself!



Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 418
Join date : 2010-03-08
Location : Lima-Perú

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:56 am

I agree with you roma, Yuna's jumping skills can force skaters to attempt more difficult content and it is good for figure skating, but at the same time I understand ballerimamao point, because I've been afraid of the way that the judges choose to judge Yuna's skating since 2009-2010...

She is an extraordinary jumper, no question about, she can jump 3Z-3T and the 3F-3t consistently, etc., but she really deserves all the GOE that she received at Vancouver or at 2010 Worlds, for example? Is not more extraordinary that Mao landed 3A and 3A-2T at those competitions? What kind of GOE Mao received? Is that fair???????? The most questionable for me are her spirals, spins and steps, she received same or more points then Mao, how can it happened? With that sparrow, for example????

I don't understand it, it's like for the judges everything in Yuna's skating is extraordinary, so they decided to give a huge GOE to everything when some parts of her skating is just ordinary.... How can judges can't see it if it's so clear?????

I don't know if her inflated FS score at Korean Nationals is just a score from a national competition or it's a preparation for even a bigger inflation at Worlds.... I can't stand it!


Last edited by Ken Himura on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 761
Join date : 2012-11-25
Age : 17

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:00 am

Ken Himura wrote:
I agree with you roma, Yuna's jumping skills can force skaters to attempt more difficult content and it is good for figure skating, but at the same time I understand ballerimamao point, because I've been afraid of the way that the judges choose to judge Yuna's skating since 2009-2010...

She is an extraordinary jumper, no question about, she can jump 3Z-3T and the 3F-3t consistently, etc., but she really deserves all the GOE that she received at Vancouver or at 2010 Worlds, for example? Is not more extraordinary that Mao landed 3A and 3A-2T at those competitions? What kind of GOE Mao received? Is that fair???????? The most questionable for me are her spirals, spins and steps, she received same or more points then Mao, how can it happened? With that sparrow, for example????

I don't understand it, it's like for the judges everything in Yuna's skating is extraordinary, so they decided to give to everything a huge GOE when some parts of her skating is just ordinary.... How can judges can't see it if it's so clear?????

I don't know if her inflated FS score at Korean Nationals is just a score from a national competition or it's a preparation for even a bigger inflation at Worlds.... I can't stand it!

It's probably nationals judging, as the competition is basically Yuna and a bunch of junior skaters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 418
Join date : 2010-03-08
Location : Lima-Perú

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:03 am

l-spiralmao wrote:
Ken Himura wrote:
I agree with you roma, Yuna's jumping skills can force skaters to attempt more difficult content and it is good for figure skating, but at the same time I understand ballerimamao point, because I've been afraid of the way that the judges choose to judge Yuna's skating since 2009-2010...

She is an extraordinary jumper, no question about, she can jump 3Z-3T and the 3F-3t consistently, etc., but she really deserves all the GOE that she received at Vancouver or at 2010 Worlds, for example? Is not more extraordinary that Mao landed 3A and 3A-2T at those competitions? What kind of GOE Mao received? Is that fair???????? The most questionable for me are her spirals, spins and steps, she received same or more points then Mao, how can it happened? With that sparrow, for example????

I don't understand it, it's like for the judges everything in Yuna's skating is extraordinary, so they decided to give to everything a huge GOE when some parts of her skating is just ordinary.... How can judges can't see it if it's so clear?????

I don't know if her inflated FS score at Korean Nationals is just a score from a national competition or it's a preparation for even a bigger inflation at Worlds.... I can't stand it!

It's probably nationals judging, as the competition is basically Yuna and a bunch of junior skaters.

It's what I want to think, too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ElleluvsL
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 236
Join date : 2011-03-31
Age : 29
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:29 am

l-spiralmao wrote:


It's probably nationals judging, as the competition is basically Yuna and a bunch of junior skaters.

I can understand that for judges watching Yuna perform after watching numerous junior skaters, or watching Caro and having to compare her with B and C level skaters, they must look extraordinary and worthy of 140+ fs scores by comparison.

For Mao at Japanese nationals it is different because judges know that they have many girls who are equally matched and who can medal at Worlds.

Btw, did Kim Haejin skate at Korean nationals? I expected she'd place second to Yuna but she was not on the list of medal winners on Wikipedia, it was just Yuna, Park So Youn, and Choi Da-bin. scratch

_________________


“I have never seen such a hard worker as Mao. She is a role model for me, and she inspires everyone." -Takahiko Kozuka
Back to top Go down
View user profile
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 761
Join date : 2012-11-25
Age : 17

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:36 am

ElleluvsL wrote:
l-spiralmao wrote:


It's probably nationals judging, as the competition is basically Yuna and a bunch of junior skaters.

I can understand that for judges watching Yuna perform after watching numerous junior skaters, or watching Caro and having to compare her with B and C level skaters, they must look extraordinary and worthy of 140+ fs scores by comparison.

For Mao at Japanese nationals it is different because judges know that they have many girls who are equally matched and who can medal at Worlds.

Btw, did Kim Haejin skate at Korean nationals? I expected she'd place second to Yuna but she was not on the list of medal winners on Wikipedia, it was just Yuna, Park So Youn, and Choi Da-bin. scratch

HJ got a << on her 3t+3t in SP and fell twice in FS Sad She finished 4th Sad She seems to skate better at internationals, as she had the best JGP scores of all the Korean JGP skaters, but lost to SY at both the JGP selection competition and ranking competition.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ElleluvsL
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 236
Join date : 2011-03-31
Age : 29
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:49 am

l-spiralmao wrote:


HJ got a << on her 3t+3t in SP and fell twice in FS Sad She finished 4th Sad She seems to skate better at internationals, as she had the best JGP scores of all the Korean JGP skaters, but lost to SY at both the JGP selection competition and ranking competition.


So that's what happened Crying or Very sad She will probably be motivated to perform better at Junior Worlds then. Thank you! for answering.

Yuna will most definitely ensure Korea a second spot for the Olympics, and So Youn and Hae Jin are both old enough to compete there, am I right? It will be interesting to see who gets that spot.

_________________


“I have never seen such a hard worker as Mao. She is a role model for me, and she inspires everyone." -Takahiko Kozuka
Back to top Go down
View user profile
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 761
Join date : 2012-11-25
Age : 17

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:43 pm

ElleluvsL wrote:
l-spiralmao wrote:


HJ got a << on her 3t+3t in SP and fell twice in FS Sad She finished 4th Sad She seems to skate better at internationals, as she had the best JGP scores of all the Korean JGP skaters, but lost to SY at both the JGP selection competition and ranking competition.


So that's what happened Crying or Very sad She will probably be motivated to perform better at Junior Worlds then. Thank you! for answering.

Yuna will most definitely ensure Korea a second spot for the Olympics, and So Youn and Hae Jin are both old enough to compete there, am I right? It will be interesting to see who gets that spot.

Both HJ and SY would be eligible as they both would be 15 before July 1, 2013. (Birthdates are April 23, 1997 for HJ and October 24, 1997 for SY)

Dpes anyone know Korea's JW and 4CC teams?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1810
Join date : 2009-05-07
Location : la-la-land

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:45 pm

ballerinamao wrote:

it's funny that you take Mao's base value from the nationals, if you have to compare BV with each other you have to compare the entended layouts with each other. and you know what I have in my entire life never seen a skater more inflanted then Kim, and you say it's positive when other skaters attempt more difficult content, well it's positive, but not when they have to do that in order to catch up to a skaters whose scores consists of inflation, and are the most inflanted in figure skating history. not even midori ito received those kind of goes for her HUGE jumps, tell me when you see her do her jumps do you see anything extradonary in them, do you see any difficult entrance, exit, steps leading up...... the answer is no because there is none. and to answer your question I have checked the bullet points and it just confirmed everything. there is absolutely nothing that could justify her score, absolutely NOTHING.

you should take a look at the huge amount of points she magically receives, there is a line between when something is normal and something becomes OUTRAGES, and that line has long been crossed!

Do you have any idea of the HUGE AMOUNT of points Kim just gets delivered on the plate, put the Goe and PCS together and see for yourself!

ballerinamao, let me quote you again on this:
ballerinamao wrote:

I find it disgusting how she can show up to competition with a base value that's way below what most top skaters attempt, but because she knows she can always rely on the judges to boost her in GOE and PCS, while this makes her relax it forces the other skaters to attempt even more difficult content not because Kims content is high but rather due to the judges inflation!

I was merely arguing about your base value complain. Saying Yuna has a base value way below what most top skaters attempt is what I feel outrageous. BASE VALUE. If you read my previous posts you'll know I also complain about the high PCS. If you have also read my other previous posts on previous seasons you'll know that I hated it when she got high PCS for very subpar performances (see Worlds 2010).

In this competition, it's a natural thing for her to get sky high PCS just like Carolina since obviously they are way ahead of the rest of the field competing in their home country unlike Japan Nats where the field is very, very deep.

ballerinamao wrote:

and you say it's positive when other skaters attempt more difficult content, well it's positive, but not when they have to do that in order to catch up to a skaters whose scores consists of inflation
And what do you want see? A 3-2 beating a difficult 3Lz+3T in marks? Even a 3T+3T already has a 2pt difference from a 3Lz+3T although a well executed one gets very high GOEs like what Caro and Kanako got at some competitions last season. Aren't we complaining when we see the level of jumps remain low? Don't we want to see Mao do her 3A and 3-3s again? Aren't we encouraging her to do her 3As or 3-3s when she's ready? Mao herself is not contended with her current layout even if her current FS layout is already very competitive when skated clean.

Ken Himura wrote:

I agree with you roma, Yuna's jumping skills can force skaters to attempt more difficult content and it is good for figure skating, but at the same time I understand ballerimamao point, because I've been afraid of the way that the judges choose to judge Yuna's skating since 2009-2010...

I noticed this, too. Actually it started 2008-2009 season. Previous seasons before that she still had injury and usually makes multiple mistakes in the free. What I noticed from her is that she's an SP skater and Mao is an FS skater. 2008-2009 season after moving to Canada she had two very good programs and she delivered them better each competition. This was the season Mao was also having issues with her jumps. Yuna's jump technique was good while Mao was having issues with hers. From 2008-2009 Yuna was showing confidence and consistency, Mao wasn't. If Mao was then I believe Mao would have gotten really high scores, too. That's why a lot of us here are hoping Mao will be consistent this season. Well, she's consistently winning but she herself is not satisfied. That's why she's reworked her technique and is aiming to get them consistent specially this season.

There are elements she doesn't do well (or rather beautifully) but she's overall an excellent skater. I have to admit I cringe when I see her spirals. Even now I can't help but think can't you just point your toes a bit? Yes she ticks the GOE bullets. That's what scores. Unless they add aesthetics as a GOE bullet mark (have they?).

---

This is scoring at Nationals. Yes, her scores are very high. Caro did, too. Both of them have only competed at senior B. heck, Caro even got less scores at a senior B compared to what I think she'll get in the GP series had she competed there. A lot of skaters are now stepping up their game. Lets see come 4CC and Euros -- how they will be scored if they perform well. This season is different.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 422
Join date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:09 pm

roma wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:

it's funny that you take Mao's base value from the nationals, if you have to compare BV with each other you have to compare the entended layouts with each other. and you know what I have in my entire life never seen a skater more inflanted then Kim, and you say it's positive when other skaters attempt more difficult content, well it's positive, but not when they have to do that in order to catch up to a skaters whose scores consists of inflation, and are the most inflanted in figure skating history. not even midori ito received those kind of goes for her HUGE jumps, tell me when you see her do her jumps do you see anything extradonary in them, do you see any difficult entrance, exit, steps leading up...... the answer is no because there is none. and to answer your question I have checked the bullet points and it just confirmed everything. there is absolutely nothing that could justify her score, absolutely NOTHING.

you should take a look at the huge amount of points she magically receives, there is a line between when something is normal and something becomes OUTRAGES, and that line has long been crossed!

Do you have any idea of the HUGE AMOUNT of points Kim just gets delivered on the plate, put the Goe and PCS together and see for yourself!

ballerinamao, let me quote you again on this:
ballerinamao wrote:

I find it disgusting how she can show up to competition with a base value that's way below what most top skaters attempt, but because she knows she can always rely on the judges to boost her in GOE and PCS, while this makes her relax it forces the other skaters to attempt even more difficult content not because Kims content is high but rather due to the judges inflation!

I was merely arguing about your base value complain. Saying Yuna has a base value way below what most top skaters attempt is what I feel outrageous. BASE VALUE. If you read my previous posts you'll know I also complain about the high PCS. If you have also read my other previous posts on previous seasons you'll know that I hated it when she got high PCS for very subpar performances (see Worlds 2010).

In this competition, it's a natural thing for her to get sky high PCS just like Carolina since obviously they are way ahead of the rest of the field competing in their home country unlike Japan Nats where the field is very, very deep.

ballerinamao wrote:

and you say it's positive when other skaters attempt more difficult content, well it's positive, but not when they have to do that in order to catch up to a skaters whose scores consists of inflation
And what do you want see? A 3-2 beating a difficult 3Lz+3T in marks? Even a 3T+3T already has a 2pt difference from a 3Lz+3T although a well executed one gets very high GOEs like what Caro and Kanako got at some competitions last season. Aren't we complaining when we see the level of jumps remain low? Don't we want to see Mao do her 3A and 3-3s again? Aren't we encouraging her to do her 3As or 3-3s when she's ready? Mao herself is not contended with her current layout even if her current FS layout is already very competitive when skated clean.

Ken Himura wrote:

I agree with you roma, Yuna's jumping skills can force skaters to attempt more difficult content and it is good for figure skating, but at the same time I understand ballerimamao point, because I've been afraid of the way that the judges choose to judge Yuna's skating since 2009-2010...

I noticed this, too. Actually it started 2008-2009 season. Previous seasons before that she still had injury and usually makes multiple mistakes in the free. What I noticed from her is that she's an SP skater and Mao is an FS skater. 2008-2009 season after moving to Canada she had two very good programs and she delivered them better each competition. This was the season Mao was also having issues with her jumps. Yuna's jump technique was good while Mao was having issues with hers. From 2008-2009 Yuna was showing confidence and consistency, Mao wasn't. If Mao was then I believe Mao would have gotten really high scores, too. That's why a lot of us here are hoping Mao will be consistent this season. Well, she's consistently winning but she herself is not satisfied. That's why she's reworked her technique and is aiming to get them consistent specially this season.

There are elements she doesn't do well (or rather beautifully) but she's overall an excellent skater. I have to admit I cringe when I see her spirals. Even now I can't help but think can't you just point your toes a bit? Yes she ticks the GOE bullets. That's what scores. Unless they add aesthetics as a GOE bullet mark (have they?).

---

This is scoring at Nationals. Yes, her scores are very high. Caro did, too. Both of them have only competed at senior B. heck, Caro even got less scores at a senior B compared to what I think she'll get in the GP series had she competed there. A lot of skaters are now stepping up their game. Lets see come 4CC and Euros -- how they will be scored if they perform well. This season is different.


i can't agree with you more, roma! I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 2262
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : denmark

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:11 pm


Quote :
I was merely arguing about your base value complain. Saying Yuna has a base value way below what most top skaters attempt is what I feel outrageous. BASE VALUE. If you read my previous posts you'll know I also complain about the high PCS. If you have also read my other previous posts on previous seasons you'll know that I hated it when she got high PCS for very subpar performances (see Worlds 2010).

In this competition, it's a natural thing for her to get sky high PCS just like Carolina since obviously they are way ahead of the rest of the field competing in their home country unlike Japan Nats where the field is very, very deep.

so because it's nationals that ratifies Kims scores, sorry i don't feel the same way, and probably never will, because that just confirms that there ability to judge is nonexistent, and it also makes me suspicious about whether the same judges there actually are international judges, because this isn't the first time she received these outrages scores!

Quote :
Quote :
ballerinama wrote:

and you say it's positive when other skaters attempt more difficult content, well it's positive, but not when they have to do that in order to catch up to a skaters whose scores consists of inflation
And what do you want see? A 3-2 beating a difficult 3Lz+3T in marks? Even a 3T+3T already has a 2pt difference from a 3Lz+3T although a well executed one gets very high GOEs like what Caro and Kanako got at some competitions last season. Aren't we complaining when we see the level of jumps remain low? Don't we want to see Mao do her 3A and 3-3s again? Aren't we encouraging her to do her 3As or 3-3s when she's ready? Mao herself is not contended with her current layout even if her current FS layout is already very competitive when skated clean.
What i want to see, is that the judges don't show blatant favoritism towards a certain skater. because that does no favor for the sport nor the fans, and certainly doesn't give the viewers faith in the judging system. What I certainly don't want to see is a skater who can comfortably rely on(inflanted) PCS and GOE while the others have to challenge for more difficult elements to match it!



Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1810
Join date : 2009-05-07
Location : la-la-land

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:37 pm

ballerinamao wrote:

Quote :
I was merely arguing about your base value complain. Saying Yuna has a base value way below what most top skaters attempt is what I feel outrageous. BASE VALUE. If you read my previous posts you'll know I also complain about the high PCS. If you have also read my other previous posts on previous seasons you'll know that I hated it when she got high PCS for very subpar performances (see Worlds 2010).

In this competition, it's a natural thing for her to get sky high PCS just like Carolina since obviously they are way ahead of the rest of the field competing in their home country unlike Japan Nats where the field is very, very deep.

so because it's nationals that ratifies Kims scores, sorry i don't feel the same way, and probably never will, because that just confirms that there ability to judge is nonexistent, and it also makes me suspicious about whether the same judges there actually are international judges, because this isn't the first time she received these outrages scores!

Quote :
Quote :
ballerinama wrote:

and you say it's positive when other skaters attempt more difficult content, well it's positive, but not when they have to do that in order to catch up to a skaters whose scores consists of inflation
And what do you want see? A 3-2 beating a difficult 3Lz+3T in marks? Even a 3T+3T already has a 2pt difference from a 3Lz+3T although a well executed one gets very high GOEs like what Caro and Kanako got at some competitions last season. Aren't we complaining when we see the level of jumps remain low? Don't we want to see Mao do her 3A and 3-3s again? Aren't we encouraging her to do her 3As or 3-3s when she's ready? Mao herself is not contended with her current layout even if her current FS layout is already very competitive when skated clean.
What i want to see, is that the judges don't show blatant favoritism towards a certain skater. because that does no favor for the sport nor the fans, and certainly doesn't give the viewers faith in the judging system. What I certainly don't want to see is a skater who can comfortably rely on(inflanted) PCS and GOE while the others have to challenge for more difficult elements to match it!


bellarinamao, this will be my last reply to your scoring issues.

I know you love Mao. We all do here. I also think you hate Yuna (well, I can conveniently guess from your posts) very much. No matter what reason we give you will always feel that way about her and I can't do anything about that. Favoritism or not it's not only Yuna who's been getting high PCS. A lot of people bashed Mao when she beat Akiko in PCS for a subpar skate. Did you complain? Of course not. Mao's PCS has been steadily increasing. And not just Mao. Ashley, Carolina, Kiira and others' PCS have been steadily increasing for putting out consistent skates. Can't you see it or is it that you turn a blind eye to those not named Yuna and Mao? I don't see you complaining about Carolina. Have you seen her Nationals scores? 140+ for a base value lower than Yuna. TES lower than Yuna and PCS higher than what Yuna got at KOR Nationals. 76+. Did I see you complain? NO.

And, btw, Nationals scores do not get ratified as personal bests. Never have and I think never will. Nationals is a venue for federations to promote their skaters although I think Japan has been very stringent in promoting theirs. It's not just Korean Nationals. Other national competitions do, too.

I leave you to your issues now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 2262
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : denmark

PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:05 pm

[/quote]
bellarinamao, this will be my last reply to your scoring issues.
I know you love Mao. We all do here. I also think you hate Yuna (well, I can conveniently guess from your posts) very much. No matter what reason we give you will always feel that way about her and I can't do anything about that. Favoritism or not it's not only Yuna who's been getting high PCS. A lot of people bashed Mao when she beat Akiko in PCS for a subpar skate. Did you complain? Of course not. Mao's PCS has been steadily increasing. And not just Mao. Ashley, Carolina, Kiira and others' PCS have been steadily increasing for putting out consistent skates. Can't you see it or is it that you turn a blind eye to those not named Yuna and Mao? I don't see you complaining about Carolina. Have you seen her Nationals scores? 140+ for a base value lower than Yuna. TES lower than Yuna and PCS higher than what Yuna got at KOR Nationals. 76+. Did I see you complain? NO.

And, btw, Nationals scores do not get ratified as personal bests. Never have and I think never will. Nationals is a venue for federations to promote their skaters although I think Japan has been very stringent in promoting theirs. It's not just Korean Nationals. Other national competitions do, too.

I leave you to your issues now.[/quote]


yes I certainly love Mao more then you can imagine, and you are free to think whatever you want, if you conclude that I hate yuna because i think her scores are inflated, well that's up to you.


you say that Kim isn't the only one to gets high PCS, well there is a big difference between a skater getting high PCS and another who (unjustifiably) get's SKY HIGH PCS and GOE.
I will give you a challenge can you find i skater that receives just as much PCS as her? any skater that has reached the same amount of PCS and GOE for a clean skate in an international competition? I wish you good luck, because you can search all you want, but you won't find any!

the only reason why i haven't mentioned Carolina is because Carolina never got that degree of inflated scores in international competitions, and by the way this discussion was about Kim so that's why i naturally talked about her.

and no i didn't complain about Mao winning NHK she gave a magnificent sp and a great fs, and unlike certain skaters NOTHING in her score stood out!



Last edited by ballerinamao on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Yu Na News   

Back to top Go down
 
Yu Na News
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 21Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Good News Stories
» Cod News
» Camden Classic Marks & News
» Keilor Gift NEWS in local papers
» unusual metal detector - tv news ch10 - bingle diamond search

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ballerina on Ice :: Figure Skating :: Other Skaters-
Jump to: