HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Europeans 2013,Zagreb

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop


Posts : 785
Join date : 2009-05-19
Age : 30
Location : Wonderland

PostSubject: Re: Europeans 2013,Zagreb   Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:06 pm

Its because Europe LOVES and ADORES Carolina Kostner, no matter what shes doing!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop


Posts : 518
Join date : 2009-01-08
Location : Germany (NRW)

PostSubject: Re: Europeans 2013,Zagreb   Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:06 pm

Omg, the German commentators keep talking about "Ecatarina" Tuktamisheva... Rolling Eyes
And last year the were only talking about Liza as "future world champion", now they are only noticing Adelina as "the one"... They are so annoying! Why can't they just learn the names ("Mao Asado") and commentate objectively... ! Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop


Posts : 785
Join date : 2009-05-19
Age : 30
Location : Wonderland

PostSubject: Re: Europeans 2013,Zagreb   Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:10 pm

josling wrote:
Omg, the German commentators keep talking about "Ecatarina" Tuktamisheva... Rolling Eyes
And last year the were only talking about Liza as "future world champion", now they are only noticing Adelina as "the one"... They are so annoying! Why can't they just learn the names ("Mao Asado") and commentate objectively... ! Very Mad


Haha yeah! last year they said, Sochi will be Elizaveta only! And now they changed mood! They are weird!

Haha and they never can remind the real names! Shinzuko Arakawa i will never forget XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3544
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Europeans 2013,Zagreb   Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:17 pm

l-spiralmao wrote:


And why is there a large group of people defending Kostner's scores on other boards, but after NHK, everyone was bashing Mao?

Lol, I was just thinking what those haters who bashed Mao are going to say now. They keep saying how unfair it is for Mao to get 66 in PCS when she doesnt have 3-3, but apparently it's ok for Caro to get 70 with even less technical content. Rolling Eyes

Seriously, can someone explain to me why people hate Mao so much?! She is one of the most gracious athletes in the business. She never complains about ANYTHING, if she's scored unfairly she only says I'll work harder, and never ever has a bad word to say about fellow competitiors. So why the heck do people hate her?!!!

josling wrote:
Omg, the German commentators keep talking about "Ecatarina" Tuktamisheva... Rolling Eyes
And last year the were only talking about Liza as "future world champion", now they are only noticing Adelina as "the one"... They are so annoying! Why can't they just learn the names ("Mao Asado") and commentate objectively... ! Very Mad

Zigy and Hendrik are one of the most biased comentators out there. I'm so grateful we got British Eurosport. Our cable provider made some changes recently and I nearly freaked out when I realized we're back to German Eurosport, until I discovered I can change it back to british myself.
I hate these two. And with them Caro could be sliding on her butt throughout the whole program, and to them she'd still be the rightful winner on the night. Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3137
Join date : 2008-10-16
Age : 27
Location : Russia,Spb

PostSubject: Re: Europeans 2013,Zagreb   Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:36 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
polosatik wrote:
Liza!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!My girl!!!!!You did it!!! I told you can do it!!!! Dance Rockstar Confetti

Does she know she has fans on Mao forum? Very Happy
I can tell her Razz She will be very happy for sure! She is such a treasure, just like Mao!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop


Posts : 785
Join date : 2009-05-19
Age : 30
Location : Wonderland

PostSubject: Re: Europeans 2013,Zagreb   Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:38 pm

Quote :
Zigy and Hendrik are one of the most biased comentators out there. I'm so grateful we got British Eurosport. Our cable provider made some changes recently and I nearly freaked out when I realized we're back to German Eurosport, until I discovered I can change it back to british myself.
I hate these two. And with them Caro could be sliding on her butt throughout the whole program, and to them she'd still be the rightful winner on the night.


I hate them too, thats why i prefer online stream XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop


Posts : 761
Join date : 2012-11-25
Age : 16

PostSubject: Re: Europeans 2013,Zagreb   Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:08 pm

Protocols

http://www.isuresults.com/results/ec2013/ec2013_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 1348
Join date : 2010-03-04
Location : The Far East

PostSubject: Re: Europeans 2013,Zagreb   Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:24 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:
I thought, vocals are not allowed Rolling Eyes

As long as there are no actual words it's ok. So you can have, yeah, ahh and so on in the music.

I'm still pissed at Caro's 70 PCS for that program content, like I said now I fully expect Mao to get 69+ PCS or even more for a clean skate.

me too, anything else would be outrages!

Caro's TES here is even lower than Mao's, but Caro would still beat Mao on the night. Whirly Ridiculous, if she hadn't doubled the last salchow her score would be 134+. Evil or Very Mad

I'm okay with Caro winning...there is something special about her skating overall. But I'm not particularly fond of her Bolero...too much posing stops, just like Amodio. I understand that the Bolero is a difficult number to skate to; I think you need to build up the drama towards the end little by little but with lots of passion and energy. I didn't think Caro had enough of that tonight. I know she's not slow, but this pro makes her look slow. Plus it makes it looks like she's saving stamina for the latter half too obviously. I thought Valentina's FP was like that when I first saw it, but she was more energetic...I wonder if she changed some parts of the program since GPS? scratch

Anyway as I've said I'm okay with Caro winning, but I enjoyed watching Adelina and Liza much more even with some mistakes. If Caro's going to skate to the Bolero, I'd like her to show some more desperate passion. Adelina and Liza made me feel their passion more. Sure the music was totally different but still...ah, well maybe it's just a matter of preferance. Rolling Eyes

Had a good laugh about the zayaking fluff...maybe there was a contagious flu going around called 'Oda flu' in the stadium. If Nobu was in the audience I'd have suspected him of spreadiing it as patient zero! Laugh

Quote :
Seriously, can someone explain to me why people hate Mao so much?! She is one of the most gracious athletes in the business. She never complains about ANYTHING, if she's scored unfairly she only says I'll work harder, and never ever has a bad word to say about fellow competitiors. So why the heck do people hate her?!!!

If you're referring to the judges as the people who dislike Mao...I think they just expect more from her so they tend to be harsh on her scores (as for this season). They may be keeping her scores a bit lower than the other top girls because if they don't, once Mao gets her 3-3s or 3A back, they'd have to score her sky high. I think they're not sure if they want that to happen or not just yet. IMO, they haven't decided who they want to choose for no.1 candidate for Sochi gold yet. Once they do and if they choose Mao, I assume they'll start being more sweet on her. I don't think the judges hate Mao in particular, but I'm guessing that with the lobbyings and politikings going on backstage, it may be hard for Mao of all girls to become the judge's favorite. As I've mentioned before, the Jpnse Fed can't be counted on for supporting their skaters much. Sad

OTOH, if you mean fans in general as the people who do not like Mao...I don't think they hate her either. Most of them just think that her peak is over and done with. But I think most of them don't understand Mao like we do; she's a hard worker with a strong athlete attitude who never gives up. I believe she will get her 3-3s back at some point, and maybe her 3As back too. Then people will start to respect her more for sure. Even if her 3As in the future always gets URd, as long as it has good height, width and landings, the judges would have to give her credit for that. But in anycase, she still has the best steps IMO; those years with Tat was never a waste for her. While Yuna was absent, many skating fans seemed to think that the level of ladies singles went down. As for combo jumps, perhaps that's true. But many of the top ladies have become better in steps and transitions the way I see it, and that's exactly where skaters like Yuna are weak. Caro has great edges so I wouldn't say her steps aren't good, but as for transition, I think she lacks content a bit. I think Mao has been winning this season not just because her jumps are getting better after the reformings, but because her pros have more content than others in steps and transitions. Mao always had more content in her pros than most of the other top ladies, I'd even say she had the most content compared to others. She still has problems with consistency, and that's probabaly one of the reasons some people in other forums do not compliment her that much, but even some of the people who critisize her have stated they do not hate her but basically adore her (in ISU discussion board). I think many people are like that because they know she still has potential to become much better. The only ones who really hate Mao are her bashers and some Korean Yuna fanatics. It just looks like alot of people hate her because they bother to go on posting negative opinions on her on the net so loud and endlessly. There's no need to feel she's hated just because of such people. I'm quite positive that true skating fans do respect and appreciate Mao's performances. You just don't hear many people praising her because Jpnse fans do not bother to go to GS or FSU to advertise how wonderful she is like some Korean fans keep on doing that kind of thing for Yuna.

In anycase, I think we should wait till 4CC and Worlds to see how the judges score her then. Mao is probabaly practicing for those events so hard beyond our imagination now, as she has repeatedly said in public that she wants to include her 3As or 3-3s in both competitions. Even if she can't get them ready in perfect shape by then, her other jumps should improve more. That should be enough for her to be scored highly as Yuna, Caro and Kaetlyn at their Nats. If her jumps improve and Mao skates clean but still doesn't get high scores like them in the coming competitions, at that point I'll agree that she's disliked by the judges, but not just right now. Jpnse Nats is not as sweet to their skaters like Korean, Canadian or Italian Nats, but that doesn't mean our Fed or their judges hate Mao. In fact I'm sure they love and care for her dearly. Not being too easy on her is their way of showing their support to her. Let's try not to give up hope that someday, ISU judges will reward her fairly according to how well she does, and stop handing out high scores to other skaters just for their reputation. Smile

_________________

Mao's Guradian Angels (Facebook):To join plz contact me via PM
Mao Asada Fan Forum YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaoAsadaFanForum
JAPAN FIGURE SKATE FORUM: http://japanfigureskate.forumotions.net
Personal Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 1810
Join date : 2009-05-07
Location : la-la-land

PostSubject: Re: Europeans 2013,Zagreb   Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:18 pm

Congrats to Caro, Adelina and Liza!

So proud of Liza and Adelina! I was so sure she can break 130 with her 7 triple FS and I'm glad she finally did! And Adelina, even if she singled the flip of her 7 triple FS, I'm still glad she continued to fight. Way to go girl! Caro, well, I have to see this. I did like her skate from Nationals and she does have something special but haven't watched this skate yet. Still, 70 pcs is already very high like Olympic level PCS scoring.

It seems Euros FS gave generous scores if you compare to the scoring given in the SP. Lets see how the scoring goes at 4CC. I hope Mao is ready and skates clean there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 1116
Join date : 2010-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Europeans 2013,Zagreb   Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:14 pm

polosatik wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
polosatik wrote:
Liza!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!My girl!!!!!You did it!!! I told you can do it!!!! Dance Rockstar Confetti

Does she know she has fans on Mao forum? Very Happy
I can tell her Razz She will be very happy for sure! She is such a treasure, just like Mao!

Oh bless you!
Her 3lz+3t was superb! So happy to see her bounce back! Thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3137
Join date : 2008-10-16
Age : 27
Location : Russia,Spb

PostSubject: Re: Europeans 2013,Zagreb   Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:01 am

I don't know guys, if you noticed that or not. But Japanese fans cheering for Adelina and Liza with Russian flags made me teary Sad Many Hearts Thank you so much! For coming to Zagreb , you're the true figure skating fans!!!! Thank you Japan!!!! Worship
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 1348
Join date : 2010-03-04
Location : The Far East

PostSubject: Re: Europeans 2013,Zagreb   Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:39 am

polosatik wrote:
I don't know guys, if you noticed that or not. But Japanese fans cheering for Adelina and Liza with Russian flags made me teary Sad Many Hearts Thank you so much! For coming to Zagreb , you're the true figure skating fans!!!! Thank you Japan!!!! Worship

Yep, I noticed that! I'm pretty sure they are Jpnse fans too, cause Jpnse skating fans simply love Russian skaters! There are many Russian skater maniacs in our Jpnse forum as proof. I love you

_________________

Mao's Guradian Angels (Facebook):To join plz contact me via PM
Mao Asada Fan Forum YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaoAsadaFanForum
JAPAN FIGURE SKATE FORUM: http://japanfigureskate.forumotions.net
Personal Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3137
Join date : 2008-10-16
Age : 27
Location : Russia,Spb

PostSubject: Re: Europeans 2013,Zagreb   Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:12 am

Guys!!! This is for everyone who supports Liza here and at japanese forums(I hope Kayo can reach this message to Japanese fans!) Little message from Liza)
"I want to say huge thank you to everyone who supports me! I feel very grateful for everything you're doing for me, thank you very much!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3544
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Europeans 2013,Zagreb   Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:23 am

polosatik wrote:
Guys!!! This is for everyone who supports Liza here and at japanese forums(I hope Kayo can reach this message to Japanese fans!) Little message from Liza)
"I want to say huge thank you to everyone who supports me! I feel very grateful for everything you're doing for me, thank you very much!"

Oh, she's so sweet! Swoon I adore her, you're so lucky to personally know her. Yep!

@Pochi, I was refering to "skating fans" at other forums who constantly say negative things about Mao. Mad Though your post makes sense about real fans not posting there it's still annoying as hell. i try to stay away as much as possible, but I guess I'm weak. Wink

Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3137
Join date : 2008-10-16
Age : 27
Location : Russia,Spb

PostSubject: Re: Europeans 2013,Zagreb   Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:33 am

Adelina interview from Euros LP press conference, the part there she talks about Mao
"Do you have ideal(in figure skating)?"
Mao Asada was always a role model for me.She is attagirl!(smiling) There were moments in her life when she suffered , went through a lot of difficulties and she deserves a monument for that! I want to follow her example, I want to say she is iron lady!(smiling) "
http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/8267.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 1810
Join date : 2009-05-07
Location : la-la-land

PostSubject: Re: Europeans 2013,Zagreb   Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:54 am

polosatik wrote:
Adelina interview from Euros LP press conference, the part there she talks about Mao
"Do you have ideal(in figure skating)?"
Mao Asada was always a role model for me.She is attagirl!(smiling) There were moments in her life when she suffered , went through a lot of difficulties and she deserves a monument for that! I want to follow her example, I want to say she is iron lady!(smiling) "
http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/8267.html

Aw... that's so sweet of Adelina! Thanks for sharing, polosatik! Wub
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 1298
Join date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Europeans 2013,Zagreb   Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:37 am

roma wrote:
polosatik wrote:
Adelina interview from Euros LP press conference, the part there she talks about Mao
"Do you have ideal(in figure skating)?"
Mao Asada was always a role model for me.She is attagirl!(smiling) There were moments in her life when she suffered , went through a lot of difficulties and she deserves a monument for that! I want to follow her example, I want to say she is iron lady!(smiling) "
http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/8267.html

Aw... that's so sweet of Adelina! Thanks for sharing, polosatik! Wub

Wub Thank you for sharing, Polosatik! That's so nice and classy of Adelina! Thumbs up!

...Which can't be said about most of the posters on certain forums... I followed the comments about Euros and the USA Nats on GS, and I got so upset I had to stay away from figure skating forums for a day, or I'd say something rash. Frustrated There's nothing more frustrating that people who have no clue about figure skating act like they are authorities on the subject (while it's blatantly obvious they wouldn't be able to tell a crossover from a three-turn). Of course, all in the noble goal of trying to convince all the world that their favorite skater/team is a special talented snowflake, and all the rest are fat, cheating, inconsistent cows. Sweatdrop (Actually, I'm probably still too upset and should refrain from commenting about certain "fans"... Sweatdrop )

Great skating at Euros this year, though! The level of skating is really improving. Thumbs up! Contgrats to all the medalists! Cheering

_________________
Good luck, Mao!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 1348
Join date : 2010-03-04
Location : The Far East

PostSubject: Re: Europeans 2013,Zagreb   Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:21 am

polosatik wrote:
Guys!!! This is for everyone who supports Liza here and at japanese forums(I hope Kayo can reach this message to Japanese fans!) Little message from Liza)
"I want to say huge thank you to everyone who supports me! I feel very grateful for everything you're doing for me, thank you very much!"

I most certainly will post Liza's words in our Jpnse forum Asya! The pleasure is mine! Yep!

zarinaballerina wrote:
@Pochi, I was refering to "skating fans" at other forums who constantly say negative things about Mao. Mad Though your post makes sense about real fans not posting there it's still annoying as hell. i try to stay away as much as possible, but I guess I'm weak. Wink

Yeah zarina, I know exactly how you feel about how some people are in forums like GS and FSU. The minute they find out you like Mao, they call you a Maobot and treat you like someone who can't see anything objectively, too. And those people never back off until you admit you're wrong...they're like that esp when I tell them that I'm Jpnse, and start insulting me like a war criminal or something. I think that's enough to conclude that those kind of Mao bashers are from a certain country in Asia which loves to see their 'queen' win over Mao more than anything. I think they know well that Mao is a very nice girl; they just don't want to admit it since she's Jpnse. So you really shouldn't mind them that much. They're a special case. Rolling Eyes

Still, I've had the impression that alot of Canadian skating fans didn't seem to like Mao. Alot of them were praising Yuna so much, one Canadian poster in GS wrote that he had been recieving PMs thanking him for saying nice things about Yuna from lots of Korean members. But...this Canadian poster changed his attitude towards Yuna recently and then suddenly the Koreans who adored him started attacking him like hell! They accused him of criticizing Yuna just because Canada has Kaetlyn now. I'd say even if that's the case, who could blame him? And Yuna fans should know that the nasty split up between Yuna and Orser did insult the Canadians, making many of them lose interest in Yuna afterwards. But that's their problem not ours. Our problem is, that Canadians along with other countries' fans of this sport seem to see Jpnse fans in the same way they see Korean fans. IMHO, many Korean fans seem to care only about Yuna. But Jpnse fans are not like that at all. There are many people who respect Mao in Jpn, but many are fans of other skaters including those who aren't Jpnse. Most Jpnse like, respect and care for Mao, but we do not worship her like a goddess. We like her for who she is as a person, and do not mind if she doesn't win every single competition she enters. We do not even mind much if other countries' folks do not evaluate her that highly either. Most Jpnse Mao fans just stay away from places like GS and FSU cause the punchline is, we love her no matter what, and if others don't, so what? We're more bothered by the judges who do not score her fairly than people who talk badly about her. Mao has been one of the most gifted skaters since she was very young. Therefore alot of people will always go on comparing how she's doing now to how miraculous she was when she was just a kid. They will argue that she's way past her peak and that she'll probably never be the skater she once was. Okay, maybe they're right about that. She's an adult now not just a sweet little girl anymore. But she can still be a wonderful skater in a different way. That's because she never gives anything up, and tries to keep improving herself. If some people can't or refuse to see that, they're the ones who are missing all the great moments we can share by following and respecting Mao. So zarina, don't let such people frustrate you, but feel sorry for them instead. Plus let's all feel happy that Mao didn't have to enter an unjust competition like US Nats this season! Wink

_________________

Mao's Guradian Angels (Facebook):To join plz contact me via PM
Mao Asada Fan Forum YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaoAsadaFanForum
JAPAN FIGURE SKATE FORUM: http://japanfigureskate.forumotions.net
Personal Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 1675
Join date : 2007-09-18
Age : 25
Location : Quebec city!

PostSubject: Re: Europeans 2013,Zagreb   Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:30 am

Quote :
Still, I've had the impression that alot of Canadian skating fans didn't seem to like Mao. Alot of them were praising Yuna so much,

Please don't forget me Smile I'm canadian and my favorite figure skater will always be Mao Very Happy ! But I get what you are saying, and I think it's due to the fact that Canadian fans don't know Mao a lot. Indeed, when Mao and Yu-Na where competing against each other a lot (2006-2010), Canadian TV were clearly rooting for Yu-Na because she was coached by Orser. Tracy was the commentator and she kept praising her because she was one of her coach too, but that was not objective. So Canadian fans, who don't know much about skating, had a tendancy to like Yu-Na more than Mao, and that perfectly normal since everywhere they were seeing skating, Yu-Na was there and everyone was praising her. It was like her olympic gold medal was Canada's gold medal... because of Orser...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel


Posts : 893
Join date : 2010-02-27
Age : 26
Location : Bucharest, Romania

PostSubject: Re: Europeans 2013,Zagreb   Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:38 am

I was in awe with Caro's skating. Yeah she should be receiving a lower TR score but the rest was outstanding. I am sorry but I absolutely loved her LP. And she actually landed the hardest jumps, 4 clean triples while Adelina had 5 clean triples.(she flutzes and she UR the 3T, it was obvious to me before the replay). Yes, it might not feel right having Caro first. But she deserves her huge PCS difference. Maybe not in the past, maybe she used to be held up but today she is an ice queen, nobody comes close to her in terms of skating skills, she generates speed from nothing and now that she controls the speed it looks majestic. Too bad about her 3S mistakes. I saw videos with her in the practice she can still hit 3Lz-3T and 3F-3T. She actually has planned a 3F-3T but she had not enough speed after her 3F in the program so she only added a 2T.
Many people felt Adelina should be the winner but to me her program was not as good as Caro or Liza overall. She went from jump to jump(most of them in the first half) with 0 expression until she landed the last 3S when she really came alive. I love her SP but hate her LP. And she singled the flip. But I love her as a skater and was thrilled to see her holding her nerves. She was so modest, so happy to be in second place, that was precious. She probably kicked herself later when she saw the difference she lost. If only she had her 3F-2T-2L combo some second later in the program, she would have got the bonus and the gold medal. However she did more than I expected her to do and not going to worlds as an european champion can be a blessing in disguise for her, taking some of the pressure off.
Liza, what's more to say. Let's be fair, it was easier for her when she had nothing to lose. I want to see her with that LP when she is in first after the LP. It's getting frustrating seeing her bomb her SP and then fight her way up. She lost 2 medals on the GPF thanks to bad SP's.(shades of Mao here, another little comeback queen lol flower ). To me that was the LP winner and If I had to chose from the 2 little Russians I would be happier with Liza in first rather than Adelina. I feel Liza is a bit low-balled in some PCS compared to Adelina. I mean yes, she deserves lower SS score but the rest should be superior IMO. At least on that night. Maybe it has to do with her small frame, she is not as fast across the ice as top 2 were but she is a very musical skater and the program(Dark eyes) has some very nice movements.
Oh and how can I forget! Javier winning was a sweet joy after what happened with Plushy. Finally Brezina with a medal and Florent keeping it together with 2 quads are a nice addition. Verner keeps breaking my heart Bawling
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel


Posts : 989
Join date : 2009-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Europeans 2013,Zagreb   Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:26 am

bibi wrote:
Quote :
Still, I've had the impression that alot of Canadian skating fans didn't seem to like Mao. Alot of them were praising Yuna so much,

Please don't forget me Smile I'm canadian and my favorite figure skater will always be Mao Very Happy ! But I get what you are saying, and I think it's due to the fact that Canadian fans don't know Mao a lot. Indeed, when Mao and Yu-Na where competing against each other a lot (2006-2010), Canadian TV were clearly rooting for Yu-Na because she was coached by Orser. Tracy was the commentator and she kept praising her because she was one of her coach too, but that was not objective. So Canadian fans, who don't know much about skating, had a tendancy to like Yu-Na more than Mao, and that perfectly normal since everywhere they were seeing skating, Yu-Na was there and everyone was praising her. It was like her olympic gold medal was Canada's gold medal... because of Orser...

Yea, I think the fact that she was training with Orser and all his team helped her a lot.
Also, I don't know but maybe she had a lot of support from Korean-Canadians. Canada is packed with koreans (same with LA).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip


Posts : 286
Join date : 2012-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Europeans 2013,Zagreb   Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:52 am

Sorry, but I understand that Caro's PCS was VERY high compared to the ones that the judges usually give in the other competitions, but let's compare it to the other competitors: Liza skated clean and received 61 (considering her poor SS and her not refined choreography, a very high score), when at TEB she skated clean, too, and received just 57; Adelina made one mistake (and a half, if we consider the first combo) and received 64 for her juniorish but well presented choreography, so I think that Caro's mature, elegant and sophisticated program (not a lot of transitions or so much drama, yes) deserved to be at least 6 points higher than Adelina in PCS, so it meant giving her 70... I personally don't disagree, since she just won an event that she deserved to win... I just hope that the same will happen with Mao at 4CC! Hell, no!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 1348
Join date : 2010-03-04
Location : The Far East

PostSubject: Re: Europeans 2013,Zagreb   Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:58 am

bibi wrote:
Quote :
Still, I've had the impression that alot of Canadian skating fans didn't seem to like Mao. Alot of them were praising Yuna so much,

Please don't forget me Smile I'm canadian and my favorite figure skater will always be Mao Very Happy ! But I get what you are saying, and I think it's due to the fact that Canadian fans don't know Mao a lot. Indeed, when Mao and Yu-Na where competing against each other a lot (2006-2010), Canadian TV were clearly rooting for Yu-Na because she was coached by Orser. Tracy was the commentator and she kept praising her because she was one of her coach too, but that was not objective. So Canadian fans, who don't know much about skating, had a tendancy to like Yu-Na more than Mao, and that perfectly normal since everywhere they were seeing skating, Yu-Na was there and everyone was praising her. It was like her olympic gold medal was Canada's gold medal... because of Orser...

I didn't mean all Canadian skating fans, just 'most' was the impression I got. And bibi, no Mao fan will ever forget you as one of us esp in Jpn! You made news here, and I think what made us happy the most was that you are a skater yourself. It's obvious from this forum that Mao does have fans all over the world. But someone who's actually learning skating and knows more about the sport than fans who only watch it being a fan of Mao makes it more convincing that Mao is a great skater. Not just me but all Jpnse Mao fans will always appreciate your respect for her. I love you

Plus I do understand that Yuna's Olys gold meant something special to Canadian fans because Orser was her coach then. I think my people would have felt the same way if a foreign skater coached by say, Yuka Sato won Olys gold. That's totally natural a natural way for any countrys' people to react. sunny

And just for the record, the famous Canadian Dragonlady who appears in lots of forums as you all may know, used to be quite harsh on criticizing Mao around the Vancouver Olys, so a member in ISU Discussion Board once asked her why she hates Mao so much. To everyone's surprise the Dragonlady replied something like 'Hate her? I loved that girl since the first time I laid eyes on her!'...Eversince I read that, I was able to see that even if people criticize Mao's perfromances sometimes, it doesn't mean they hate her or disrespect her. Moreover, it probabaly means they are taking her seriously as a talented skater (except for obvious bashers). Yep!

_________________

Mao's Guradian Angels (Facebook):To join plz contact me via PM
Mao Asada Fan Forum YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaoAsadaFanForum
JAPAN FIGURE SKATE FORUM: http://japanfigureskate.forumotions.net
Personal Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip


Posts : 286
Join date : 2012-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Europeans 2013,Zagreb   Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:51 pm

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
And just for the record, the famous Canadian Dragonlady who appears in lots of forums as you all may know, used to be quite harsh on criticizing Mao around the Vancouver Olys, so a member in ISU Discussion Board once asked her why she hates Mao so much. To everyone's surprise the Dragonlady replied something like 'Hate her? I loved that girl since the first time I laid eyes on her!'...Eversince I read that, I was able to see that even if people criticize Mao's perfromances sometimes, it doesn't mean they hate her or disrespect her. Moreover, it probabaly means they are taking her seriously as a talented skater (except for obvious bashers). Yep!
That's true: I also post in other forums and I sometimes criticize Mao, too, but this doesn't mean that I don't like her skating A LOT and that I find her one of the most talented and polite female skaters ever, it's just that you can't be blind when something that you don't like happens (ex: 2012 NHK, I still think that Akiko should have won, and just because I'm a Mao fan this doesn't mean that I must have liked her performance, I actually didn't, I'm just honest!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 1675
Join date : 2007-09-18
Age : 25
Location : Quebec city!

PostSubject: Re: Europeans 2013,Zagreb   Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:34 pm

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
bibi wrote:
Quote :
Still, I've had the impression that alot of Canadian skating fans didn't seem to like Mao. Alot of them were praising Yuna so much,

Please don't forget me Smile I'm canadian and my favorite figure skater will always be Mao Very Happy ! But I get what you are saying, and I think it's due to the fact that Canadian fans don't know Mao a lot. Indeed, when Mao and Yu-Na where competing against each other a lot (2006-2010), Canadian TV were clearly rooting for Yu-Na because she was coached by Orser. Tracy was the commentator and she kept praising her because she was one of her coach too, but that was not objective. So Canadian fans, who don't know much about skating, had a tendancy to like Yu-Na more than Mao, and that perfectly normal since everywhere they were seeing skating, Yu-Na was there and everyone was praising her. It was like her olympic gold medal was Canada's gold medal... because of Orser...

I didn't mean all Canadian skating fans, just 'most' was the impression I got. And bibi, no Mao fan will ever forget you as one of us esp in Jpn! You made news here, and I think what made us happy the most was that you are a skater yourself. It's obvious from this forum that Mao does have fans all over the world. But someone who's actually learning skating and knows more about the sport than fans who only watch it being a fan of Mao makes it more convincing that Mao is a great skater. Not just me but all Jpnse Mao fans will always appreciate your respect for her. I love you
Plus I do understand that Yuna's Olys gold meant something special to Canadian fans because Orser was her coach then. I think my people would have felt the same way if a foreign skater coached by say, Yuka Sato won Olys gold. That's totally natural a natural way for any countrys' people to react. sunny

And just for the record, the famous Canadian Dragonlady who appears in lots of forums as you all may know, used to be quite harsh on criticizing Mao around the Vancouver Olys, so a member in ISU Discussion Board once asked her why she hates Mao so much. To everyone's surprise the Dragonlady replied something like 'Hate her? I loved that girl since the first time I laid eyes on her!'...Eversince I read that, I was able to see that even if people criticize Mao's perfromances sometimes, it doesn't mean they hate her or disrespect her. Moreover, it probabaly means they are taking her seriously as a talented skater (except for obvious bashers). Yep!

Oh that's so kind of you Smile
And you are right about everything you are saying!
and I just wanted to say that I'm sorry that I don't post often, I quite busy, but I read everything and still follow Mao! And I'll always will Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Europeans 2013,Zagreb   Today at 5:55 am

Back to top Go down
 
Europeans 2013,Zagreb
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Similar topics
-
» Who is going where 2012-2013
» Canadian Class of 2013 & 2014 - Top Prospects
» 2013 MINI Cooper Spy Shots
» Mini Mk3 hatchback (2013): the next generation spied
» Usain Bolt to look at Long Jump & 400m in 2013

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ballerina on Ice :: Figure Skating :: Competitions & Shows Discussion-
Jump to: