HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Four Continents 2/7-11 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 286
Join date : 2012-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents 2/7-11 2013   Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:28 pm

I think she's going to keep the loop as the opening jump of her FS, landing it well calms her down, I think... And, a 2A/3F+3T/3Lo SP is the best thing I think! I'm so excited about this competition, I don't want her to win this (even if it would be really unlucky to finish 2nd for the third year in a row behind three different skaters!), just to try these difficult elements, it's probable that, if she'll actually do them, some mistakes in the other jumps are to be expected, just because of the mental tireness!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 761
Join date : 2012-11-25
Age : 17

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents 2/7-11 2013   Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:32 pm

roma wrote:
triple axel vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeUTbZqXlpM

Worship Worship Worship The first two were sooo light, but the third looked a little URed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 2262
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : denmark

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents 2/7-11 2013   Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:34 pm

Mao2012 wrote:
I think she's going to keep the loop as the opening jump of her FS, landing it well calms her down, I think... And, a 2A/3F+3T/3Lo SP is the best thing I think! I'm so excited about this competition, I don't want her to win this (even if it would be really unlucky to finish 2nd for the third year in a row behind three different skaters!), just to try these difficult elements, it's probable that, if she'll actually do them, some mistakes in the other jumps are to be expected, just because of the mental tireness!

interesting thought, but i disagree having watched Mao for so many years I think it may have the opposite effect and actually make her more mentally determined to finish all the other elements ones the big ones are out of the way
Back to top Go down
View user profile
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 518
Join date : 2009-01-08
Location : Germany (NRW)

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents 2/7-11 2013   Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:50 pm

I think Mao will go for 3A instead of 2A-3T in the FS!
When you look at the steps/transitions she does after her 3A in this clip you can imagine that they are the same like the ones she did after 2A-3T...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkH8ewHENKE&feature=youtu.be
Maybe she does a 3T-2Lo-2Lo instead of the 3Lo-2Lo-2Lo in the second half when she goes for 3F-3Lo?!
Mao would be one of the first ladies who doesn't have a 2A in her FS... Very Happy

Oh my god, I'm soo excited. Can't wait to see her compete!!! Cheering
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1028
Join date : 2010-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents 2/7-11 2013   Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:07 pm

josling wrote:
I think Mao will go for 3A instead of 2A-3T in the FS!
When you look at the steps/transitions she does after her 3A in this clip you can imagine that they are the same like the ones she did after 2A-3T...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkH8ewHENKE&feature=youtu.be
Maybe she does a 3T-2Lo-2Lo instead of the 3Lo-2Lo-2Lo in the second half when she goes for 3F-3Lo?!
Mao would be one of the first ladies who doesn't have a 2A in her FS... Very Happy

Oh my god, I'm soo excited. Can't wait to see her compete!!! Cheering

Wow! She seems like she's going all out! This is a surprise for all of us. We expected her to slow down or to be more cautious at least.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1197
Join date : 2008-12-10
Age : 32
Location : Limbo

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents 2/7-11 2013   Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:54 pm

Wow her 3A looked huge! This is exciting news! A 3A and 3-3 in the LP, plus a 3A in the SP?! Guess Mao wants make history again. No other woman can do this. She will be unstoppable if she skates clean. This is the perfect time to start doing this in competition too.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1294
Join date : 2009-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents 2/7-11 2013   Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:32 pm


Mao's 3A looks better than it has since 2011 4CC, but her 3-3 still needs some work. I am nervous for her but it's better to try out these jumps here than at Worlds. And she does look to be in good shape.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel


Posts : 839
Join date : 2011-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents 2/7-11 2013   Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:04 pm

roma wrote:
Thanks for the translations, linglang!

New clip showing Mao's 3As and 3-3s during official practice. Should be 3F-3Lo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-uaZrhXFkM

She's really getting back -3Lo too. The height!!!!! Bawling (tears for happiness)

Mao-chan please take it easy. You can make it! No problem!! Cheering Cheering Cheering

Just want to confirm this from the video:
So when Mao talks about the changes made to the SP, she said: the 3A is going to be added (to replace the original 2A, of course), afterwards there's no much change, but the step sequence is changed (some?) Is this correct?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 418
Join date : 2010-03-08
Location : Lima-Perú

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents 2/7-11 2013   Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:31 pm

Someone can tell me what time (Japan time) is Mao competing, please? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel


Posts : 892
Join date : 2010-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents 2/7-11 2013   Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:58 pm

Second place US pair at nationals (Scimeca/Knierim) have withdrawn.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1810
Join date : 2009-05-07
Location : la-la-land

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents 2/7-11 2013   Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:10 pm

Ken Himura wrote:
Someone can tell me what time (Japan time) is Mao competing, please? Very Happy

Mao won't compete till tomorrow.

The SD starts today in less than 3 hours (1:20pm). The pairs will start at 4pm Japan time. The men will close the day at 6:30pm.

Ladies will start tomorrow at 1:40pm.

Schedules/Results:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/fc2013/index.htm

---

As much as we are all excited with the content Mao wants to put out in this competition, lets keep in mind she herself has said the success rate is still not that good. Hopefully the ones she'll do here will be successful.

I was only thinking she'll do her upgrades slowly but, no, she decides to completely level up on both programs. I'm wondering about the steps changes in the SP. I hope the SP costume levels up, too. *excited*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 418
Join date : 2010-03-08
Location : Lima-Perú

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents 2/7-11 2013   Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:44 pm

roma wrote:
Ken Himura wrote:
Someone can tell me what time (Japan time) is Mao competing, please? Very Happy

Mao won't compete till tomorrow.

The SD starts today in less than 3 hours (1:20pm). The pairs will start at 4pm Japan time. The men will close the day at 6:30pm.

Ladies will start tomorrow at 1:40pm.

Schedules/Results:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/fc2013/index.htm

---

As much as we are all excited with the content Mao wants to put out in this competition, lets keep in mind she herself has said the success rate is still not that good. Hopefully the ones she'll do here will be successful.

I was only thinking she'll do her upgrades slowly but, no, she decides to completely level up on both programs. I'm wondering about the steps changes in the SP. I hope the SP costume levels up, too. *excited*

Thank you! roma. I'm always confused with dates and times of competitions Sweatdrop Today is thursday 7th in my country, but according with my iPod "world clock function" is "tomorrow" (Friday 8th) in Japan, so Mao competes on Saturday 9th Japan time Smile I can't wait Dance Dance Dance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1810
Join date : 2009-05-07
Location : la-la-land

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents 2/7-11 2013   Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:56 pm

Ken Himura wrote:


Thank you! roma. I'm always confused with dates and times of competitions Sweatdrop Today is thursday 7th in my country, but according with my iPod "world clock function" is "tomorrow" (Friday 8th) in Japan, so Mao competes on Saturday 9th Japan time Smile I can't wait Dance Dance Dance

It's already Friday here and in Japan although Japan is an hour ahead of my timezone. :-)

-----

I wanna see Mao's 3F+3T. When was the last time we've seen her do one? Worlds 2008?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel


Posts : 892
Join date : 2010-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents 2/7-11 2013   Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:00 pm

SD is going on right now for those that want to watch:

http://www.epctv.com/channels/CCTV-5-Online-Watch-1172.htm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1810
Join date : 2009-05-07
Location : la-la-land

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents 2/7-11 2013   Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:24 pm

Virtue/Moir is in 1st place beating Davis/White in TES. D/W beat them slightly in PCS, though.

http://www.isuresults.com/results/fc2013/SEG007.HTM

Chock/Bates continue to beat the Shibs...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
itsonlykat
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 214
Join date : 2009-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents 2/7-11 2013   Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:52 pm

What time is the ladies competition?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel


Posts : 892
Join date : 2010-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents 2/7-11 2013   Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:31 am

roma wrote:
Virtue/Moir is in 1st place beating Davis/White in TES. D/W beat them slightly in PCS, though.

http://www.isuresults.com/results/fc2013/SEG007.HTM

Chock/Bates continue to beat the Shibs...

I'll be honest. Davis and White need to up their base value. Virtue/Moir have a 0.50 advantage. The difference in scores? 0.44. It matters with those two teams.

Also, the Shibs would have led Chock/Bates had they not COMPLETELY messed up their twizzles. Let's see what happens in the free skate!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1028
Join date : 2010-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents 2/7-11 2013   Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:12 am

itsonlykat wrote:
What time is the ladies competition?

It's now already?! I thought it was going to be on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel


Posts : 839
Join date : 2011-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents 2/7-11 2013   Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:19 am

SP starting order (of the last 2 groups):

15:15:00 - 15:22:00 Warm-up Group 3
15:22:30 - 15:29:00 11 Amelie LACOSTE CAN
15:29:00 - 15:35:30 12 Christina GAO USA
15:35:30 - 15:42:00 13 Kaetlyn OSMOND CAN
15:42:00 - 15:48:30 14 Zijun LI CHN
15:48:30 - 15:55:00 15 Agnes ZAWADZKI USA
15:55:00 - 16:02:00 Warm-up Group 4
16:02:30 - 16:09:00 16 Gracie GOLD USA
16:09:00 - 16:15:30 17 Kanako MURAKAMI JPN
16:15:30 - 16:22:00 18 Akiko SUZUKI JPN
16:22:00 - 16:28:30 19 Kexin ZHANG CHN
16:28:30 - 16:35:00 20 Mao ASADA JPN

well~~ good luck to the ladies!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3545
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents 2/7-11 2013   Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:21 am

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
itsonlykat wrote:
What time is the ladies competition?

It's now already?! I thought it was going to be on Saturday.

Don't worry, you're right, ladies SP is tomorrow. cheers

OMG, I can't believe Mao is doing both 3A and 3-3 at the same competition. WOW! Faint2 Go Mao!!! Rockstar And that first 3A was to die for. Swoon It's risky to go for it all, but she needs to start doing it at some point, so where better than here. Hopefully she'll succeed. Yep!

I can't wait to see the new SP, and I'm hoping for a costume change.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel


Posts : 893
Join date : 2010-02-27
Age : 26
Location : Bucharest, Romania

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents 2/7-11 2013   Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:30 am

She is the last one to go, oh boy! This will add extra pressure but on the other hand, if she hits, the judges will go wild!
Pairs was very boring to me(except the Canadian couple in second place). It's a bit refreshing that at least pairs remains one discipline dominated by Europe lol! We lost ice dance, ladies and most recent, men. Four Continents should be as competitive as Worlds but I see not all the countries are sending their best skaters. European championship remains more prestigious even though it shouldn't be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3545
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents 2/7-11 2013   Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:43 am

Lady_in_black wrote:
She is the last one to go, oh boy! This will add extra pressure but on the other hand, if she hits, the judges will go wild!
Pairs was very boring to me(except the Canadian couple in second place). It's a bit refreshing that at least pairs remains one discipline dominated by Europe lol! We lost ice dance, ladies and most recent, men. Four Continents should be as competitive as Worlds but I see not all the countries are sending their best skaters. European championship remains more prestigious even though it shouldn't be.

Well, Javi is working on bringing the dominance back to European men. Wink Seriously, if he skates like this at worlds he's in the medal hunt, if he cleanes up those minor mistakes, other guys will have to compete their butts off if they don't want to be pushed off the podium. And I trully hope, a certain skater won't get a ridiculous score (for a messed up skate) yet again.

I didn't watch pairs until the end to be honest, like you, I find them very boring. And what's up with Megan Duhamel, does she ever stop talking, Laughing I sometimes feel sorry for her skating partner, his ears must be bleeding at some point. Hell, no! It's cute though.

Does anyone know what's going on with Sui/Han? Are they back on the ice?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1810
Join date : 2009-05-07
Location : la-la-land

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents 2/7-11 2013   Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:53 am

OMG! Is this a new costume for Mao's Swan Lake?!?!?!?!?





FEATHERS!!! Shocked

After a couple of minutes looking at it, I think I like it. Love Hearts

Here's another look:

http://photozou.jp/photo/show/2887531/168540095

-----

I hope they changed her SP costume, too.


Last edited by roma on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2008-10-16
Age : 28
Location : Russia,Spb

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents 2/7-11 2013   Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:02 am

Wow, maybe I'm the one ,but I like new costume!!! cheers sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel


Posts : 893
Join date : 2010-02-27
Age : 26
Location : Bucharest, Romania

PostSubject: Re: Four Continents 2/7-11 2013   Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:11 am

I liked the old one better Bawling
But if she lands her jumps, I don't care what she wears Cheering
It's not as bad as others but I kind of liked the simplicity and elegance her old costume had. It made her look like she was flying. I am afraid she'll get buried in these feathers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Four Continents 2/7-11 2013   

Back to top Go down
 
Four Continents 2/7-11 2013
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 35Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 35  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Canadian Class of 2013 & 2014 - Top Prospects
» 2013 MINI Cooper Spy Shots
» Mini Mk3 hatchback (2013): the next generation spied
» Usain Bolt to look at Long Jump & 400m in 2013
» Draft, Salary Cap, Free Agents and Trade Procedure, Season 4 - 2013

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ballerina on Ice :: Figure Skating :: Competitions & Shows Discussion-
Jump to: