HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Worlds 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:27 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
josling wrote:
Tony Wheeler's Ladies predictions:

http://www.flutzingaround.com/2013/03/2013-world-championship-prediction.html

Aawwww, I just want Mao to win...!! Mushy Love

what, is it true that Mao is planning a 3-3 in the sp, does that mean that she has changed her layout again?

I think he mistook the SP for LP. It doesn't make sense for Mao to put 3-3 in the SP and not in the LP. That being said, I'd love to see a SP with 3A and 3-3 in it, Swoon Faint2 but it's too soon for this, IMO.

lol that would make sense, i was just wondering if what he said was true, where he got his information from Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:32 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
josling wrote:
Tony Wheeler's Ladies predictions:

http://www.flutzingaround.com/2013/03/2013-world-championship-prediction.html

Aawwww, I just want Mao to win...!! Mushy Love

what, is it true that Mao is planning a 3-3 in the sp, does that mean that she has changed her layout again?

I think he mistook the SP for LP. It doesn't make sense for Mao to put 3-3 in the SP and not in the LP. That being said, I'd love to see a SP with 3A and 3-3 in it, Swoon Faint2 but it's too soon for this, IMO.

lol that would make sense, i was just wondering if what he said was true, where he got his information from Sweatdrop

Well, this is Mao after all, very ambitious and stubborn, so I wouldn't put it past her to actually do this. Maybe Tony knows something we don't. Hell, no! But then I don't think mr. Sato would allow her to do this.

I do think however that next season she'll do a SP with 3A and 3-3 and a LP with 2 3A and 3-3. Unconscious
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:35 pm

Is there any news about when will Mao depart for Canada? Hopefully not at last minute...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:59 pm

swan wrote:

i may be flamed for this, but i think carolina definitely deserves higher PCS than mao this season. her programs are so sophisticated, mature, and profound. mao's swan program is a bit empty in the beginning and she doesn't really do much with the music towards the beginning. mao seriously needs to get new choreographers. carolina on the other hand uses abstract, hard to interpret music and does it well. she does something unique without any empty spaces. for me, she should get higher PCS than mao and much much higher than yu-na (though i doubt this will happen).

I do agree a bit on this. Before the Olympics and during the Olympic season, Yuna was making marks with both of her programs although I'd categorize them under sexy, fierce and (overly) dramatic. They're different although this season's pros are quite disappointing for me. Now Caro has been doing the same with her programs by doing something unique with difficult music which highlights her sophistication and maturity more. Mao -- this season's programs are really good but sometimes I think what would she be skating to if she's with another choreographer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
whiteboots2013

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:49 pm

ilovethai wrote:

Agreeeeeeed... She wants to be a member of the IOC and apparently one of the requirements is that she needs to compete in the most recent olympics before she applies (hence 2014 Sochi) or some requirement like that. I think if that's really the case, she shouldn't win the gold (unless she skates really really well) when it could go to some other people who have worked so hard their whole lives to win the olympics (i.e. Mao).
Surprised

This idea...It was always in my mind. Smile But whether it is true or not for her, it is great for me to see her with other skaters in the competition. It will be more exciting. Mao once said, "Not only Yuna but other skaters enter the world competition.... " I didn't want to watch the noisy youtube interview by pj somebody Shocked . I'd rather cheer Mao up peacefully cheers

How do you think of the picture of the website World 2013? You can see skaters around the top page infomation. Daisuke's picture is small. And There is no Yuna and Mao's picture ...It was a surprise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BowbowDaijin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:17 pm

whiteboots2013 wrote:
[quote="ilovethai]
How do you think of the picture of the website World 2013? You can see skaters around the top page infomation. Daisuke's picture is small. And There is no Yuna and Mao's picture ...It was a surprise.

I think they give honor to the champions of the World last year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
whiteboots2013

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:09 am

Thanks a lot, BowbowDaijin I love you Now I understand Very Happy Sorry for my ignorance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:56 am

I hope Mao is about to go to London,cause WC is almost there! Is there any info in Japanese media?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:58 am

Oh I just found this photo!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:05 am

polosatik wrote:

Oooo!!!! Dance
I've been refreshing this thread like no mama's business. I've always wondered if Team Japan flies together or separately when travelling. I guess they'd fly separately so that the entire team doesn't get held up if something happens.
Here's hoping for more news pieces and practice vids.. Cheering

Mao Asada Fan Wub
I WILL tawk like a black person if anyone tawks SHIZ about ma boo..  Evil or Very Mad

To Mao doubters/haters:
Mao is the fabulous Swan Queen and you're fat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:09 am

polosatik wrote:

thanx for sharing. Is this a compilation of old photos or has Team Japan actually departed for London?

lol at the words, I agree, make sure it's London Ontario, not London UK. Laugh It's so weird thinking of worlds being in Canadian London, especially after 2012 summer Oly's.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:11 am

Well I doubt it's new though, to me it looks like a mix of team Japan airport photos Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:18 am

polosatik wrote:
Well I doubt it's new though, to me it looks like a mix of team Japan airport photos Sweatdrop

Yeah, thought so. I'm sooo nervous, I can't believe tomorrrow is the 1st official practice. Faint2 I hope Mao will leave for Canada soon... This no news is killing me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:29 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
polosatik wrote:

Yeah, thought so. I'm sooo nervous, I can't believe tomorrrow is the 1st official practice. Faint2 I hope Mao will leave for Canada soon... This no news is killing me.

According to this blog:
http://ameblo.jp/white-mimi/entry-11487496639.html

Mao (may) leave for Canada tomorrow (Japan time - 3/11).
Actually, today Mai joined the "Nagoya women's marathon" and finished the 42.195km in around 5-hr time. cheers Mai said that both Mao and Taka came to cheer her up along the way!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:46 am

Yes, I hope that we will be able to get some practice vids as soon as possible!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:27 pm

Thank you all for all the links and news Smile

ilovethai, if I haven't welcomed you yet, welcome to the forum!! It's great to see another person from California on here! I'm living in SF myself right now Smile

I agree with you guys - I think Mao has the highest ceiling but lowest floor of any of the contenders... meaning, if everything goes well, she'll blow the roof off the place, but if things go south, it won't be pretty. With that said, I am feeling more confident about Mao this year than I've been in years. I don't think we've ever seen the 3A look this solid and huge for a consistent period of time leading up to Worlds, which I think does two things for her: 1) obviously, it'll make her 3A success in competition much more likely, which will improve her scores, but 2) just as important, it'll boost her confidence going into the competition. Having a solid 3A does wonders for her confidence and for her presence on the ice and throughout her programs, so I think we'll see amazing things from her at this competition.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:27 pm

bellarina wrote:
Thank you all for all the links and news Smile

ilovethai, if I haven't welcomed you yet, welcome to the forum!! It's great to see another person from California on here! I'm living in SF myself right now Smile

I agree with you guys - I think Mao has the highest ceiling but lowest floor of any of the contenders... meaning, if everything goes well, she'll blow the roof off the place, but if things go south, it won't be pretty. With that said, I am feeling more confident about Mao this year than I've been in years. I don't think we've ever seen the 3A look this solid and huge for a consistent period of time leading up to Worlds, which I think does two things for her: 1) obviously, it'll make her 3A success in competition much more likely, which will improve her scores, but 2) just as important, it'll boost her confidence going into the competition. Having a solid 3A does wonders for her confidence and for her presence on the ice and throughout her programs, so I think we'll see amazing things from her at this competition.

Thanks so much bellarina. Glad to be here. Like you, I'm also praying that Mao skates really well cheers

Mao Asada Fan Wub
I WILL tawk like a black person if anyone tawks SHIZ about ma boo..  Evil or Very Mad

To Mao doubters/haters:
Mao is the fabulous Swan Queen and you're fat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:38 pm

Kana, Uncle Dai, Ako and Taka have arrived!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:01 am

helen91 wrote:

It's Taka but another Taka (not that I don't like Mura but I miss Kozuka... Depressed Crying )

Mao, again the last one to arrive ! Where are you Mao ? hurry !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:15 am

ddmm wrote:
helen91 wrote:

It's Taka but another Taka (not that I don't like Mura but I miss Kozuka... Depressed Crying )

Mao, again the last one to arrive ! Where are you Mao ? hurry !

Lol, for a moment I thought that Takahiko Kozuka came to London. I agree ddmm, I miss Bambi-chan Wink as well, well I hope that this season was just a hiccup and he'll rock the Olympic one. Yep!

Mao where are you? SP starts on thursday! WOW! And please don't overtrain this time... Escape

I can't wait for practice reports. cheers Why must be London 6 hours behind CET...this will feel like forever before any practice and competition info. Yep, Sadly Faint2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:29 am

COHK wrote:

According to this blog:
http://ameblo.jp/white-mimi/entry-11487496639.html

Mao (may) leave for Canada tomorrow (Japan time - 3/11).
Actually, today Mai joined the "Nagoya women's marathon" and finished the 42.195km in around 5-hr time. cheers Mai said that both Mao and Taka came to cheer her up along the way!

Here's Mai's report about her Marathon challenge yesterday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQbV8ClaJqc&sns=tw

(At around 6:30-40 of the video, the person who handed Mai and her running mate [chocolate] is MAO!)

And...some news about Mao's program at WC from this video --
She changes the jump layout of the free program...again.
So for now, the FS will start with 3A as the 1st jump, followed by 3-3, according to Mai.

(To add: Mai said that Mao's in her top condition now!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:57 am

that means the choreography in the beginning most have been changed too Shocked well now i'm even more eager to see Mao's practice clips, i don't know what to think of her changing her layout again so late in the season, but if Mao feels more comfortable that way then, tthen maybe it's better. can't believe that Sato agreed to do such a drastic change soo late.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:16 am

Yay for being in the same time zone as Worlds for a change! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:17 am

Part of me is not surprised, because after 4CC Mao said she felt more comfortable doing 3A as the first jump (plus, lots of swirly steps before 3L had to be pretty distracting and tiring).

Part of me is quite amazed by how much more comfortable with her jumps Mao has to feel now. I remember that at TEB 2008 was supposed to do 3L as the second jumping pass, but during the off-season she used to practice 3A there, and she ended up popping the loop (even though it was her most reliable jump at the time). Then, during the Olympic season her SP jumping layout was considered extremely risky, because if she doubled her 3A, her 2A later in the program would not count, and Mao said she couldn't just replace it with 3L on the fly, because she's used to doing 2A there.
And now she's just moving the jumps around like it's nothing, and has successful run-throughs with it... Fried

Having said that, the LP jumping layout still scares me out of my wits... Whirly But at least it's good to know Mao is in good condition. My biggest wish is just for Mao to remain fit and healthy until the Olympics (and after the Olympics too, of course!). Thumbs up!

Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:55 am

So, if the 3A is the first jump and the 3-3 the second, where will the 3Lo be? I hope a 3Lo+2Lo+2Lo replaces the 3F+2Lo+2Lo and that there will be a solo 3F at the end of the program...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   

Back to top Go down

Worlds 2013
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next