HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Worlds 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:37 pm

helen91 wrote:
Just a random post Razz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8hGTdCdSmg

Good choice of music I must say Razz I'd kind of like Mao's choreo to include some more of the ballet aspect of Swan Lake. (I also think this girl is one of the reasons why Yuna is skating again- since 2011 Yuna dropped to being the second most popular athlete behind Yeon Jae).

wow, really? i thought son yeon-jae didn't have much of a following because of yu-na. like she was considered incomparable to yu-na and many of yu-na's fans don't like her(though this was all that i read prior to the london olympics and things may have changed). anyone here who can confirm or deny this? i adore yeon-jae and she's very talented! very fresh to see in rhythm gymnastics!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:39 pm

it's funny, the dismount reminds me of mao so much (though everything else is different). go, yeon-jae!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:40 pm

swan wrote:

i may be flamed for this, but i think carolina definitely deserves higher PCS than mao this season. her programs are so sophisticated, mature, and profound. mao's swan program is a bit empty in the beginning and she doesn't really do much with the music towards the beginning. mao seriously needs to get new choreographers. carolina on the other hand uses abstract, hard to interpret music and does it well. she does something unique without any empty spaces. for me, she should get higher PCS than mao and much much higher than yu-na (though i doubt this will happen).

Yes I paritally agree with this. I'm ok with Caro getting a BIT higher PCS score, her SS are defenitely the best in the business, but getting 2.5 higher score than Mao?! Heck no. Her Bolero isn't that good. It's all posing after posing after posing...and frankly, I don't see much passion in that program. But I completely agree with you on Caro getting much higher PCS than Yuna.
My "PCS podium": Wink
1. Caro
2. Mao (but not much behind Caro)
3. Yuna

roma wrote:
So now Mao is his top pick... but I won't give the bronze to Wagner. If Ashley and Caro skate well, I'd see Caro on the podium than Ashley. Caro's PCS is far better. And between Gracie and Adelina in terms of placement, I'd give it to Adelina.

I wish someone would just forbidden PJ to make prediction, because her prediction almost always jinx skaters. I hope she (or is it he?) got it right this time and that Mao will win it. Worship

There is NO WAY that Ashley will beat a reigning world champion and judges favourite Caro, unless Caro has a meltdown. A clean Adelina easily beats clean Gracie, IMO, heck a clean Liza beats both of them. Razz

swan wrote:
and yes, eventhough adelina's choreography is awkward and never matches with the music, at least i remember she has choreography.

ROTFLMAO Oh come on swan, clearly you've forgotten the marching part in Gracie's step sequence. There's a choreography for you. Hell, no! But seriously, Gracie needs a new choreographer, this sort of stuff will weigh her down in the future, imo. I hate both of her programs this year.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:51 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:

Oh come on swan, clearly you've forgotten the marching part in Gracie's step sequence. There's a choreography for you. But seriously, Gracie needs a new choreographer, this sort of stuff will weigh her down in the future, imo. I hate both of her programs this year.

I hate her exhibition the most affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:55 pm

helen91 wrote:
Just a random post Razz

Good choice of music I must say Razz I'd kind of like Mao's choreo to include some more of the ballet aspect of Swan Lake. (I also think this girl is one of the reasons why Yuna is skating again- since 2011 Yuna dropped to being the second most popular athlete behind Yeon Jae).
When I hear Odile variation part I can't stop myself from dancing Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:56 pm

swan wrote:
helen91 wrote:
Just a random post Razz

wow, really? i thought son yeon-jae didn't have much of a following because of yu-na. like she was considered incomparable to yu-na and many of yu-na's fans don't like her(though this was all that i read prior to the london olympics and things may have changed). anyone here who can confirm or deny this? i adore yeon-jae and she's very talented! very fresh to see in rhythm gymnastics!

I think it's true, I watched a video on youtube (all in Korean) but the nice little graph they had was pretty self-explanatory about who was most popular in Korea. No doubt, the second Yuna steps on the ice again she will be on top once more. I personally prefer Yeon Jae, she is such a hard worker and gets flack all of the time for moving to Russia to train (little do people know she went by herself at the age of 16 because it was too expensive for both her and her mom to go, I mean come on, that's dedication).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:56 pm

Some news!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etG398H738Q
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:57 pm

helen91 wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:

Oh come on swan, clearly you've forgotten the marching part in Gracie's step sequence. There's a choreography for you. But seriously, Gracie needs a new choreographer, this sort of stuff will weigh her down in the future, imo. I hate both of her programs this year.

Nah, her short program is worse. just because your team wants to present you as an adult doesn't mean you have to do weird "sexy" choreography. She should look at Mao as an example. Mao at 16 had a great elegant choreo (ladies in lavender sp Love Hearts Swoon ) without trying to be sexy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:01 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
helen91 wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:

Nah, her short program is worse. just because your team wants to present you as an adult doesn't mean you have to do weird "sexy" choreography. She should look at Mao as an example. Mao at 16 had a great elegant choreo (ladies in lavender sp ) without trying to be sexy.

She was 17 then, which is Gracie's age now....seriously I look back to when Mao and Yuna were 16-17 and compare them to the 16-17 year olds now, it's not even comparable. Mao's Ladies in Lavender is possibly my favourite Mao SP, and it's the best to use when making montages xD

My favourite Gracie moment this season was during her 4CC FS, when she stopped to wipe her nose and Kurt and Tracy giggled about it (yeah her nose was bleeding, but still).

Last edited by helen91 on Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:02 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
helen91 wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:

Nah, her short program is worse. just because your team wants to present you as an adult doesn't mean you have to do weird "sexy" choreography. She should look at Mao as an example. Mao at 16 had a great elegant choreo (ladies in lavender sp Love Hearts Swoon ) without trying to be sexy.
Gracie is kind of "wooden",it won't be easy for her to be elegant. I think more sparkly kind of choreo would suit her better sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:06 pm

polosatik wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
helen91 wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:

Nah, her short program is worse. just because your team wants to present you as an adult doesn't mean you have to do weird "sexy" choreography. She should look at Mao as an example. Mao at 16 had a great elegant choreo (ladies in lavender sp ) without trying to be sexy.
Gracie is kind of "wooden",it won't be easy for her to be elegant. I think more sparkly kind of choreo would suit her better sunny

I want to say that due to her lack of competitive experience she is skating at a novice/early junior level. She is one of the skaters that I would encourage to stay in Juniors until they no longer can. Sure she has the jumps, but so do the other juniors. I was going to say she skates like a 14 year old..... but I would be insulting the likes of Mao, Yuna and now Elena (she is my new favourite for 2018, she just has it all Smile).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:07 pm

Mao and Yuna at their teens were an extraordinary skaters not only in terms of difficulty but also they were really mature for their age then. Even I love Russian babies,can you compare beautiful elegant lark Yuna with Adelina? I can't, it's to obvious who is better. And funky,moving Czardas with Liza's Dark eyes. That's why for me, these two girls are like heaven, I agree there are a lot of super talents ,but Yuna and Mao are the best in combining all qualities. The only one who reminds me of them is Lena. She's truly special.

Last edited by polosatik on Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:08 pm

polosatik wrote:

Actually, that's a coda from grand pas de deux. Razz
Don't take offense, that's just a ballet nerd in me talking. Embarassed Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:11 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
polosatik wrote:

Sorry, i didn't make it clear, I was referring to Mao's part Razz Though I love YJ routine, Mao's is more fascinating)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:17 pm

polosatik wrote:

As long as she's not trying to be sexy...

helen91 wrote:
I want to say that due to her lack of competitive experience she is skating at a novice/early junior level. She is one of the skaters that I would encourage to stay in Juniors until they no longer can. Sure she has the jumps, but so do the other juniors.

I agree, but it's hard to do that when you're supposed to be the saviour of US figure skating. Whirly I do feel for her.

polosatik wrote:
Mao and Yuna at their teens were an extraordinary skaters not only in terms of difficulty but also they were really mature for their age then. Even I love Russian babies,can you compare beautiful elegant lark Yuna with Adelina? I can't, it's to obvious who is better. And funky,moving Czardas with Liza's Dark eyes. That's why for me, these two girls are like heaven, I agree there are a lot of super talents ,but Yuna and Mao are the best in combining all qualities. The only one who reminds me of them is Lena. She's truly special.

Mao and Yuna are extraordinary talents, skaters like them don't come around very often. I think one of the commentators said once, that talent like this comes around every 100 years.

IF Lena survives the puberty, she'll be amazing. she just might test the above theory, about extraordinary talents (like Mao and Yuna) coming around every 100 years. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:23 pm

polosatik wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
polosatik wrote:

Sorry, i didn't make it clear, I was referring to Mao's part Razz Though I love YJ routine, Mao's is more fascinating)

man I'm really risking of getting on your nerves but I can't help my self. Hell, no! Mao's part is from grand pas de deux's adagio, not variation. Her swan Lake music contains: ouverture from 2nd act, adagio from grand pas de deux, Siegfried's variation and coda from grand pas de deux (all of which comes from 3rd act). i'm really sorry, but 12 years of ballet torture training made a true "ballet nerd" out of me. Escape
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:39 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
polosatik wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
polosatik wrote:

man I'm really risking of getting on your nerves but I can't help my self. Hell, no! Mao's part is from grand pas de deux's adagio, not variation. Her swan Lake music contains: ouverture from 2nd act, adagio from grand pas de deux, Siegfried's variation and coda from grand pas de deux (all of which comes from 3rd act). i'm really sorry, but 12 years of ballet torture training made a true "ballet nerd" out of me. Escape
Ohm thanks for clarifying! I found so many people called it like that, though I watched the ballet like a thousand times, I'm not really friendly with all parts. I know the first part(of course) , the second one and the third, so the fourth one is coda from pas de deux,did I get it right? Somehow many people there called it Odile variation scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:55 pm

polosatik wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
polosatik wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
polosatik wrote:

Ohm thanks for clarifying! I found so many people called it like that, though I watched the ballet like a thousand times, I'm not really friendly with all parts. I know the first part(of course) , the second one and the third, so the fourth one is coda from pas de deux,did I get it right? Somehow many people there called it Odile variation scratch

Yes, the fourth part (from step sequence onward ) is coda. Maybe they're calling it Odile variation because the music starts with Odile's 32 fouettes?
I do wish that the next skater who will skate to Swan lake will use music from an actual Odile variation (Mariinsky's Swan Lake version). It's so beautiful, though I understand why they skip it, it isn't as intense/dramatic as an adagio.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:45 pm

Tony Wheeler's Ladies predictions:

http://www.flutzingaround.com/2013/03/2013-world-championship-prediction.html

Aawwww, I just want Mao to win...!! Mushy Love
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:51 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:

I wish someone would just forbidden PJ to make prediction, because her prediction almost always jinx skaters. I hope she (or is it he?) got it right this time and that Mao will win it. Worship

She, along with the others at skating lesson, all picked Carolina as the winner, which was interesting because I still think Yuna is the safer pick of the two. However, I also think Carolina has really the two best programs of any lady this season and if she skates her best at Worlds, she has a good chance of repeating as World Champion.

In a way, although being undefeated all season, Mao actually seems like the dark horse. It is quite hard to predict where she will end up. She has the hardest planned layouts but that means she also carries the most risks. She could win it all or be left off the podium if she makes too many mistakes. The key for Mao is to maintain a strong mentality throughout the competition. Because it is such a wide open field now, this Worlds will be a game changer. Whoever becomes World Champion will become the top contender for the ladies title in Sochi.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:08 pm

aoi88 wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:

She, along with the others at skating lesson, all picked Carolina as the winner, which was interesting because I still think Yuna is the safer pick of the two. However, I also think Carolina has really the two best programs of any lady this season and if she skates her best at Worlds, she has a good chance of repeating as World Champion.

In a way, although being undefeated all season, Mao actually seems like the dark horse. It is quite hard to predict where she will end up. She has the hardest planned layouts but that means she also carries the most risks. She could win it all or be left off the podium if she makes too many mistakes. The key for Mao is to maintain a strong mentality throughout the competition. Because it is such a wide open field now, this Worlds will be a game changer. Whoever becomes World Champion will become the top contender for the ladies title in Sochi.

i agree with you on every point all the way! flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:20 pm

aoi88 wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:

Thanx for correcting me, I didn't watch/read it, so reading the posts here I assumed she picked Mao. Embarassed I think it's good that Mao is going to worlds as a dark horse, it doesn't put that much pressure on her.

It will be interesting to see how Caro will fare as a defending champion, and to see where does Yuna stand in the judges' eyes, I just hope their scores will be fair.

I hope so much that Mao will bring it. I agree the key for Mao is to keep the strong mentality and also IMO, to not overwork herself this time around. Remember Nice2012 and all those 3A? By the time she was supposed to compete she was completely exhausted. I honestly think that Mao can win this, she has a momentum from 4CC, so hopefully she'll go in to her programs relaxed and won't worry too much about 3A.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:22 pm

josling wrote:

what, is it true that Mao is planning a 3-3 in the sp, does that mean that she has changed her layout again?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:23 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
swan wrote:

i may be flamed for this, but i think carolina definitely deserves higher PCS than mao this season. her programs are so sophisticated, mature, and profound. mao's swan program is a bit empty in the beginning and she doesn't really do much with the music towards the beginning. mao seriously needs to get new choreographers. carolina on the other hand uses abstract, hard to interpret music and does it well. she does something unique without any empty spaces. for me, she should get higher PCS than mao and much much higher than yu-na (though i doubt this will happen).

Yes I paritally agree with this. I'm ok with Caro getting a BIT higher PCS score, her SS are defenitely the best in the business, but getting 2.5 higher score than Mao?! Heck no. Her Bolero isn't that good. It's all posing after posing after posing...and frankly, I don't see much passion in that program. But I completely agree with you on Caro getting much higher PCS than Yuna.
My "PCS podium": Wink
1. Caro
2. Mao (but not much behind Caro)
3. Yuna

roma wrote:
So now Mao is his top pick... but I won't give the bronze to Wagner. If Ashley and Caro skate well, I'd see Caro on the podium than Ashley. Caro's PCS is far better. And between Gracie and Adelina in terms of placement, I'd give it to Adelina.

There is NO WAY that Ashley will beat a reigning world champion and judges favourite Caro, unless Caro has a meltdown. A clean Adelina easily beats clean Gracie, IMO, heck a clean Liza beats both of them. Razz

swan wrote:
and yes, eventhough adelina's choreography is awkward and never matches with the music, at least i remember she has choreography.

ROTFLMAO Oh come on swan, clearly you've forgotten the marching part in Gracie's step sequence. There's a choreography for you. Hell, no! But seriously, Gracie needs a new choreographer, this sort of stuff will weigh her down in the future, imo. I hate both of her programs this year.

i guess we'll have to agree to disagree, because i see nothing but passion in both of carolina's programs this year. but i wouldn't get too caught up about the pcs difference between mao and carolina. different judges and different competitions.

hahaha i actually had forgotten that marching for a split second Laughing ! thanks for the laugh, zarinaballerina Wink ! but that's alllll i remember because her long program is just so generic! i feel like her team gave her a "buffet" of styles in her long program to see what works best for her. the music cuts are horrible and don't transition well. everything is so generic and unoriginal that gracie's programs seem forgettable. her cookie cutter tango short program is painful to watch (she really can't pull off the tango stuff) and all i can remember is the fanning hand part. gracie's team just doesn't know what to do with her. as for her exhibition, i never watched it and i don't know if i will.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:25 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
josling wrote:

what, is it true that Mao is planning a 3-3 in the sp, does that mean that she has changed her layout again?

I think he mistook the SP for LP. It doesn't make sense for Mao to put 3-3 in the SP and not in the LP. That being said, I'd love to see a SP with 3A and 3-3 in it, Swoon Faint2 but it's too soon for this, IMO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   

Back to top Go down

Worlds 2013
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next