HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Worlds 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:54 pm

Tomorrow is a double practice, i hope she won't overdo it. pale Mao remember Nice!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:57 pm

that's it. mao needs a sports psychologist. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:57 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
if i remember right it's 5.0 add good goe and the PCS that automatically would have been a bit higher and she would have been leading

But doesn't Yuna have 69? I think Mao would have been 2nd at most since she has 62, or something like that. I forgot what the protocol showed. Either way, it goes to show that one little boo boo makes a huge difference.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:58 pm

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
if it wasn't for that popped loop mao would be leading now Depressed Crying

hope this will make her fired up for the free on sunday Yep!

Really?! How many points is a loop?

Compared to 4CC Mao lost 6.26 just for loop (BV+GoE+halfway bonus), then there's the fact that usually clean performances get better PCS, and the skaters themselves tend to execute the remaining elements with more fire if they know they were clean. Smile

Just the loop would be enough for 2nd. 62.10+6.26 = 68.96 Sweatdrop
Loop + lvl4 on the camel spin + a bit higher PCS for visibly clean program -> it should reach 69-71, even with the other minor mistakes Smile

Of course, the best would be performance like at 4CC Too sweet! But Mao did her best and I'm happy with that! geek

Last edited by inskate on Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:01 pm

pearlyriver wrote:

My thoughts exactly. I think a lot about Sochi lately. I know she's a challenger, that 3A is her trademark, but 3A might be too risky for her bid to win gold. When she hit it, she can be hard to beat, but it'll cost her dearly if it's not ratified. Even though her 3A has improved, its success rate is still not that high and when it goes wrong, her confidence will be shaken. I think it's better to jump safe and clean rather than going for the hardest tricks and fail to deliver. Previously, I found her lack of consistency a big issue, but she's gradually improving on that. With her spins and footwork already in order, she just needs to stabilize her jumps. I'm reminded of Cheng Fei's vault final at Beijing. She had the most difficult vault skill of that time named after her, and she's had been training it all her life. Nothing hurts more than failing on your own vault. Risk takers often have to pay such a high price.

My heart almost broke for her that day. Sad

the thing is that with good 3-3 and she's capable of doing two (3F-3T, 3f-3lo) she could score higher than Yuna and this without 3A. i guess 3A has been a part of her for so long that she feelsl ost without it.
She needs to decide what she wants more, Olympic gold medal, or competing at Olympics on her own terms, which means going out with the hardest content, but with a big possibility that she'll lose.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:02 pm

Although Mao is 7 points behind 1st, the base value for her LP is 10 points above Yuna's. Add to that Mao's passionate and expressive Swan Lake will give her good PCS points too. However, that's if she hits everything cleanly. She DOES have a chance of winning gold. Slight but existent.

Mao Asada Fan Wub
I WILL tawk like a black person if anyone tawks SHIZ about ma boo..  Evil or Very Mad

To Mao doubters/haters:
Mao is the fabulous Swan Queen and you're fat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:03 pm

swan wrote:

THIS. She did say that she reads books on psychology but it's not the same, nowhere near it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:05 pm

swan wrote:
I think this issue has been discussed before. I'm not sure about Japanese mentality, but generally in Asian countries, you'll be considered a weak person if you have to go to a psychologist.
Speaking of psychologist, the Russian gymnasts also need one. It's hard to watch them crack under pressure, except for Aliya.

Even when you have raised up the temperature up to 99 degrees, it is said the water can never get to the boiling point if you fail to have the last one degree get past 99. The thing that boils the water is the last one degree. [The key to a success] is none other than enduring that last 1 minute when you feel like giving up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:15 pm

pearlyriver wrote:
swan wrote:
I think this issue has been discussed before. I'm not sure about Japanese mentality, but generally in Asian countries, you'll be considered a weak person if you have to go to a psychologist.
Speaking of psychologist, the Russian gymnasts also need one. It's hard to watch them crack under pressure, except for Aliya.

the russian gymnasts don't use sports psychologists for a specific reason (though i don't remember which). PochinkoPotanko mentioned that sports psychology isn't very developed in japan. anyway, i just don't understand how mao continuously seems to give it away in the world championships. it's so hard to be a mao fan. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:18 pm

http://www.jssp.jp/en/index.html

interestingly, this is the japanese society of sport psychology located in chukyo university, where mao goes. oh, mao. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:26 pm

judges giving yu-na a 1 in a wrong edge. No though to be fair, mao doesn't deserve to get positive goe on the triple axel. WOW!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:32 pm

Mao 3A was gourges and I was kind of surprised she didn't receive more goe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:39 pm

ballerinamao wrote:

It was too footed actually and Mao can be happy that few judges didn't saw that and gave her positive GOE.
Beside the 2ft it was gorgeous though...

edit: oh. my. god.
Quote :
Oh gawd Hanyu's knee is not good and now reports are that Mura is not good either - at least Dai did 4T in practice ;______;

I should not watch Men FS and if the nightmare is coming true that they'll get two spots I should probably quit with figure skating... I couldn't stand that!! pale Worship

Last edited by josling on Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:42 pm

josling wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:

It was too footed actually and Mao can be happy that few judges didn't saw that and gave her positive GOE.

it was barely a slight touch, I wouldn't call it a twofoot, besides there is much more to the grade of execution then that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:44 pm

josling wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:

yes, that two foot landing really cost her and since it was a slight two foot landing there's no way she should get a positive GOE. too bad as well for the triple flip and especially that loop.

i get the idea this has absolutely nothing to do with poor conditioning and everything to do with headcasing. what are the satos doing to help mao be mentally strong? not that mao hasn't improved in that area this season... it's just that if she continues to head case this way i don't know what to think anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:46 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
josling wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:

it was barely a slight touch, I wouldn't call it a twofoot, besides there is much more to the grade of execution then that.

it's more than the two footing, though. she needs more height more distance more speed coming in. it was a noble effort on her part, though she's done much better triple axels in the past that were more deserving of a positive GOE than the one she did today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dangerous_angel_face
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:47 pm

Mao... Crying or Very sad oh well, at least the competition was judged pretty fairly. The only wtf for me was Carolina's score. (And adelina)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hotaru

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:49 pm

Mao's 3F was also marked UR. If not for that and popping the 3L, she'd be in the lead (even with a 2-footed landing on the 3A).

I am a little worried for FS... I think she is still within reach of a medal, but what color depends on how the top ladies skate. It seems that the title is Yuna's to lose. I don't really see Carolina skating clean... but still think she'll be held up with pcs.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:51 pm

These are the things the judges look at when they score the grade of the execution:

Unexpected / creative / difficult entry
Clear recognizable steps/free skating movements immediately preceding element
Varied position in the air / delay in rotation
Great height and/or distance
Superior extension on landing / creative exit
Superior flow in and out (and in-between in jump combinations / sequences)

and based on them I think that Mao deserves more goe, her 3A had great height and distance, with good extention and there was good flow in and out of the jump. I'm soo happy about her landing the 3A

any comment from Mao about her thoughts?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:04 pm

ilovethai wrote:
Although Mao is 7 points behind 1st, the base value for her LP is 10 points above Yuna's. Add to that Mao's passionate and expressive Swan Lake will give her good PCS points too. However, that's if she hits everything cleanly. She DOES have a chance of winning gold. Slight but existent.

I agree, if Mao has the skate of her life tomorrow or she skates almost perfect and Yu-na makes some mistakes, she can win. I'm sure Yuna is surprise for her "low" score and the "e" call, I don't know if she can stay calm on saturday, like she was.....

I think this is not too bad, she pop the loop in Nats too. I really believe that on Saturday Mao will skate very well, stay positive, please!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:13 pm

[quote="ballerinamao"]These are the things the judges look at when they score the grade of the execution:

Unexpected / creative / difficult entry
Clear recognizable steps/free skating movements immediately preceding element
Varied position in the air / delay in rotation
Great height and/or distance
Superior extension on landing / creative exit
Superior flow in and out (and in-between in jump combinations / sequences)

and based on them I think that Mao deserves more goe, her 3A had great height and distance, with good extention and there was good flow in and out of the jump. I'm soo happy about her landing the 3A

any comment from Mao about her thoughts?
[/quote

going by this guideline myself and others still don't think that mao should've gotten a positive GOE with that two foot landing. but it's ok we don't have to agree.

mao needs to figure something out about her mental condition when she competes. i'm really hoping she can pull through in the free program but history says otherwise. oh well, there's still the olympics next year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:57 pm

Just watched YT clips.

3L popped!? ... Very Mad
Come on girl! She said before that popping jump was the worst thing to do among various mistakes and she did it here again Faint2 Where did she leave her Twisted Evil spirit???

I thought she was nervous from her smile at the start. Her lips looked more tense than usual.

Well, her goal at this competition was to nail all the elements cleanly and she missed it in SP. Unconscious I hope she will become Twisted Evil Mao again like she did in 2007 worlds and nail everything cleanly. Yep!

I want to watch her FS live to send her good vibs. I hope a stream will be available.

Caro was fabulous despite the combo fall. I was drawn into her performance. I didn't really understand why she got those high scores with her SP at her previous competitions this season though. Now I enjoyed it very much.

Lori tends to repeat the hand movement in her choreography which I call "Dai Moment" where skaters thrust their arms upward while shaking (that Dai did in his "La Strada" program.)

LOL Yuna Kim's reaction when she saw the score. ROTFLMAO
It's like "WTF!? I'm gonna get my lawyer to prepare a sue against the judges." Just kidding. Too sweet!
Seriously, I hope she will not repeat what she did when she got edge call -- appearing on TV to complain it's a wrongful call by judges and dragged other skater in to justify herself. Totally not respectful behavior. Disappointed

Last edited by linglang on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:02 pm

linglang wrote:
Just watched YT clips.

3L popped!? ... Very Mad
Come on girl! She said before that popping jump was the worst thing to do among various mistakes and she did it here again Faint2 Where did she leave her Twisted Evil spirit???

I thought she was nervous from her smile at the start. Her lips looked more tense than usual.

Well, her goal at this competition was to nail all the elements cleanly and she missed it in SP. Unconscious I hope she will become Twisted Evil Mao again like she did in 2007 worlds and nail everything cleanly. Yep!

Caro was fabulous despite the combo fall. I was drawn into her performance. I didn't really understand why she got those high scores with her SP at her previous competitions this season though. Now I enjoyed it very much.

Lori tends to repeat the hand movement in her choreography which I call "Dai Moment" where skaters thrust their arms upward while shaking shake (that Dai did in his "La Strada" program.)

LOL Yuna Kim's reaction when she saw the score. ROTFLMAO
It's like "WTF!? I'm gonna get my lawyer to prepare a sue against the judges." Just kidding. Too sweet!

Seriously, I hope she will not repeat what she did when she got edge call -- appearing on TV to complain it's a wrongful call by judges and dragged other skater in to justify herself. Totally not respectful behavior. Disappointed

was this cup of china from some years ago (2008 i believe?)? i don't remember this but is there a video? if she really said this, i'm somewhat surprised in a way (but also somewhat not surprised i really can't explain).

i wish carolina had delivered cleanly. she'd be in the first no doubt had she did! carolina is still a superstar either way, though! Mushy Love

im watching ice dance but something inside me says DON'T. i know i'll be more upset afterwards. Drama!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:07 pm

oh dear, the short dance music the estonians used. Unconscious i wonder why country style programs seem to be popular. confused
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:17 pm

swan wrote:
 was this cup of china from some years ago (2008 i believe?)? i don't remember this but is there a video? if she really said this, i'm somewhat surprised in a way (but also somewhat not surprised i really can't explain).

i wish carolina had delivered cleanly. she'd be in the first no doubt had she did! carolina is still a superstar either way, though! Mushy Love

im watching ice dance but something inside me says DON'T. i know i'll be more upset afterwards. Drama!

Yes, it's 2008 COC. LOL I still remember the clip even after some years because I was really surprised. To be fair, it's not only her who complained about judges. There were other skaters who did so too. But I've never seen anything like what her team did, dragging a particular skater in to justify their claim and showed it on TV.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013   

Back to top Go down

Worlds 2013
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next