HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Worlds 2013 Part 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
ElleluvsL
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:32 pm

inskate wrote:
polosatik wrote:
Guys, there is still no reports how Mao practice went?

Somebody said on twitter that she landed a killer 3A, but to be honest, my timeline is a mess and I'm having trouble discerning which reports are from the post-SP practice and which from the earlier ones Unconscious

That was tweeted about an hour ago (if the one I saw was the same Smile ) cheers
Maybe being in sixth has brought out her determined side, I'm sure she doesn't want to end up in that position for the third year in a row and will really fight to move up now Good luck!

“I have never seen such a hard worker as Mao. She is a role model for me, and she inspires everyone." -Takahiko Kozuka
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:36 pm

inskate wrote:
polosatik wrote:

Somebody said on twitter that she landed a killer 3A, but to be honest, my timeline is a mess and I'm having trouble discerning which reports are from the post-SP practice and which from the earlier ones Unconscious

That was in the morning practice.

She should be in the afternoon practice session right now. Anyone knows how it is going?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:59 pm

inskate wrote:
polosatik wrote:
inskate wrote:

polosatik wrote:
Guys, do you know Liza's facebook? Can you wish her good luck in FS? Poor girl is too harsh on herself and she really need your support. No Sad

Unfortunately, no Sad The Google search isn't helpful, either. I hope she'll feel better, she did her best!

http://www.facebook.com/liza.tuktamisheva Here you go sunny

Thank you! Google kept redirecting me to a fanclub page geek

I sent a friend request and sent her a message too! Girl has it tough so I hope she bounces back strong! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:08 pm

AmazingGraceMao wrote:
No news about Mao's practice today?

I just found out I got a star!
Congrats on 100 posts!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:54 pm

ElleluvsL wrote:
inskate wrote:
polosatik wrote:

That was tweeted about an hour ago (if the one I saw was the same Smile ) cheers
Maybe being in sixth has brought out her determined side, I'm sure she doesn't want to end up in that position for the third year in a row and will really fight to move up now Good luck!

cheers Dance just please don't overdo it!

Yes, I think placing 6th for the 3rd year in a row would be really bad, so come on Mao show them what you got! Cheering Boogie Hopefully she'll podium, or even stand in the middle of it. Too sweet!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:55 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:05 pm

Did we know already that Mao came to Lori Nichol and wanted a tribute to her mother as SP?!
Interview with Lori: http://www.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130315&content_id=42806026&vkey=ice_news

For me at least this info was new... But I agree with Lori that her mother probably would totally happy to seen her skate that joyful SP!! Yep!
Oh boy, I sooo want Mao to do well!!! Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:13 pm

josling thanx for this. No I don't think it was mentioned before. All Lori said before was, that Mao came to her "with this beautiful sad music", but she thought that after everything Mao has been through, she should skate to something happy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:15 pm

josling wrote:
Did we know already that Mao came to Lori Nichol and wanted a tribute to her mother as SP?!
Interview with Lori: http://www.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130315&content_id=42806026&vkey=ice_news

For me at least this info was new... But I agree with Lori that her mother probably would totally happy to seen her skate that joyful SP!! Yep!
Oh boy, I sooo want Mao to do well!!! Love Hearts

I was just about to post that (I'm way too nervous to watch men, so I'm keeping myself busy Too sweet! ).

Quote :
"Mao arrived on my doorstep [in Toronto] last May. she wanted an exhibition program; she wasn't sure about a competitive program," Nichol said. "She had [selected music as] a tribute to her mother, and I listened to it."

Asada's mother, Kyoko, died of chronic liver disease at age 48 in December 2011. Asada, who was preparing to compete at the Grand Prix Final in Quebec City at the time, traveled home to Japan, but her mother passed away before she arrived.

"I'm a mother, and I told her from a mother's standpoint, 'I would not want my child to skate some sad, mournful song as a tribute. I would want her to be joyous,'" Nichol said. "I played Mary Poppins and "I Got Rhythm," and she perked up and smiled again. I haven't seen that in ages. In 2 1/2 days, we choreographed two programs, a short and an exhibition. Of course, we've polished them since.

"It was a mother's instinct, I guess."

Wub I agree with Lori, skating to mournful song and dwelling on the sadness probably wouldn't be too emotionally healthy and it's not something any mother would want for her daughter.

And Laugh at the mental image of Lori trying to beat Caro over the head with a frying pan to convince her to skate to the music Lori picked! Laugh

ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:22 pm

after reading this article, I can't help but think that unlike lori, TAT really gives her all when it comes to Mao's choreography and the bond between them is just soo strong. but with Lori, she already has so many top skaters to choreograph too, and I think her bond to Kostner and some skaters may be stronger then, the bond she has for Mao. I mean the fact that she already has several programs prepared for Kostner next year, seems to me like the perfect prove to that.

what i'm trying to is that this may be another good reason, to pick another choreographer, and an unknown might be the best since Mao would then become the main Clint and thereby the main focus.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ElleluvsL
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:31 pm

I just realized that today is Dai's birthday (Japan time) Mushy Love I really hope that he can bring home a Worlds medal as a birthday present.

“I have never seen such a hard worker as Mao. She is a role model for me, and she inspires everyone." -Takahiko Kozuka
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:32 pm

I can't believe I missed Kovtun. Very Mad

Russia will have only 1 spot in mens next season, he didn't do very well, only 141 points. I hope that backlash won't be too hard. pale
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:13 pm

I don't understand this topic anymore, where it start, where it finish? Sweatdrop And why we have two topics with the same name? Whirly

Someone can tell me how Mao is doing in practice, please? Happy dance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:20 pm

I thought this topic had over 60 pages, are there 2? LOL so confused, but more so, I am so nervous for BB Yuzu, tough practices but apparently it got better and he was able to land everything but 4S.... I still think he should go home and recover TT_TT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:23 pm

Ken Himura wrote:
I don't understand this topic anymore, where it start, where it finish? Sweatdrop And why we have two topics with the same name? Whirly

Someone can tell me how Mao is doing in practice, please? Happy dance

I think that moderators locked the other (the original) topic because it's gotten to long.

Holy cow, Verner got 39 in TES and 72 in PCS is this a new record?

helen91 wrote:
I am so nervous for BB Yuzu, tough practices but apparently it got better and he was able to land everything but 4S.... I still think he should go home and recover TT_TT

This is great news. Hopefully the LP will go well, even if he falls on 4Sa.
I agree, he shouldn't have been here, I don't understand why he didn't withdrew before the whole thing started and let JSF to send someone else instead. Now however, he'll skate even if Brian has to carry him on the ice himself. Yep, Sadly
Back to top Go down
View user profile
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:31 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
Ken Himura wrote:
I don't understand this topic anymore, where it start, where it finish? And why we have two topics with the same name?

Someone can tell me how Mao is doing in practice, please?

I think that moderators locked the other (the original) topic because it's gotten to long.

Holy cow, Verner got 39 in TES and 72 in PCS is this a new record?

helen91 wrote:
I am so nervous for BB Yuzu, tough practices but apparently it got better and he was able to land everything but 4S.... I still think he should go home and recover TT_TT

This is great news. Hopefully the LP will go well, even if he falls on 4Sa.
I agree, he shouldn't have been here, I don't understand why he didn't withdrew before the whole thing started and let JSF to send someone else instead. Now however, he'll skate even if Brian has to carry him on the ice himself.

I am pretty sure he was quoted as saying that regardless of not being well, he has a responsibility of getting 3 spots for Japan in Sochi so he must skate. I feel skating here was more of his idea than anyone else's, he'd rather skate poorly than not at all Sad Omg he skates in like 10 minutes affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:35 pm

helen91 wrote:

I am pretty sure he was quoted as saying that regardless of not being well, he has a responsibility of getting 3 spots for Japan in Sochi so he must skate. I feel skating here was more of his idea than anyone else's, he'd rather skate poorly than not at all Sad Omg he skates in like 10 minutes affraid

Yuzu this is just stupid, it's not your responsibility to gain 3 spots for Japan, your responsability is to get healthy. Did he say this before world championship or after the SP. If it was after SP I get it why he thinks this. Like I said he'll skate even Brian has to carry him out. This is one stubborn kid.

Actually, he skates in about 30 minutes. After this group there's ice resurfacing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:37 pm

Wait, does Misha Ge have lyrics in his music? That's not allowed!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:40 pm

misha Gee really is a funny guy with alot of humor Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:41 pm

ballerinamao wrote:

Yes, but he's a bit over the top, IMO.

Man, I am sooo sleepy. Coffee The next two groups better be good! Come on guys, especially Javi Swoon and Yuzu. Cheering

Last edited by zarinaballerina on Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:42 pm

ballerinamao wrote:

Yes, it's nice to see someone lighten up and perform for once Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:44 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
helen91 wrote:

Yuzu this is just stupid, it's not your responsibility to gain 3 spots for Japan, your responsability is to get healthy. Did he say this before world championship or after the SP. If it was after SP I get it why he thinks this. Like I said he'll skate even Brian has to carry him out. This is one stubborn kid.

Actually, he skates in about 30 minutes. After this group there's ice resurfacing.

Yeah I just realized they are going to resurface the ice.... still. I'm not watching. I believe this was before Worlds. And seeing him crying after the SP, omg. How many smiles does this kid have to force a smile now that he is working with BOrser?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:44 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:

Yes, but he's a bit over the top, IMO.

I found him very entertaining Laughing , I think for skaters who know that they don't have a shot at the title or even a medal, making people notice them in another way, may make them do silly things... but well what do i know, it's just speculation, because i have noticed this trend with many skaters before...

but it may also just be part of his personality to act like this...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:54 pm

still no news about Mao? I tried findign some on twitter but I couldn't find anything about the practice session today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:55 pm

helen91 wrote:

Yeah I just realized they are going to resurface the ice.... still. I'm not watching. I believe this was before Worlds. And seeing him crying after the SP, omg. How many smiles does this kid have to force a smile now that he is working with BOrser?

I take it that you don't like him working with Orser?

I think it's great that he moved to Cricket, IMO, Brian is a good coach and Yuzu has improved a lot. He just needs to be careful and not overtrain himself. Hopefully, he'll listen to Brian in this, and understand that sometimes less is trully more. Yep!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worlds 2013 Part 2   

Back to top Go down

Worlds 2013 Part 2
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 41Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23 ... 41  Next