HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

World Team Trophy 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:42 am

polosatik wrote:
supportmaoasada wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00CQYdIAVo4

Was Mao doing 3F-3T?????
I think it was 2a-3t Very Happy
Yes, it was the 2A+3T...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
supportmaoasada
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:51 am

Mao2012 wrote:
polosatik wrote:
supportmaoasada wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00CQYdIAVo4

Was Mao doing 3F-3T?????
I think it was 2a-3t Very Happy
Yes, it was the 2A+3T...

arhhh I thought it was 3F-3T at 0:07 lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:56 am

COHK wrote:
2nd new clip (Japan evening news)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=00CQYdIAVo4

-Mao with one 3A
- Mao and Akko cheering for Dai during men's practices

3a!!!! Many Hearts

(The perfect way to brighten my day stuck at home with a sore throat) Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:08 pm

Anybody else think that a pairless Japan might be able to win the bronze over Russia? China and France don't have a chance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:14 pm

ddmm wrote:
Alokya wrote:
Ashley as team leader? No offense, but I would have thought that Jeremy would be a little better - he has been at a high level internationally for a lot longer than she as and has therefore had more experience. And he is so sweet - he can really pull everyone together and give some encouraging words. Yuka has really worked on him with that!!

I thought exactly the same thing. Rolling Eyes

Me too, I'm surprised about this decision to be honest. Does anyone else find it weird that team Canada apointed Patrick as their captain? He doesn't look like a captain material, you know being supportive and all that... Who, me?

COHK wrote:
2nd new clip (Japan evening news)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=00CQYdIAVo4

-Mao with one 3A
- Mao and Akko cheering for Dai during men's practices
OMG that 3A! Dance Swoon Rockstar please land it like this in competition! Worship
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asada_Rising

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:39 pm

linglang wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7O5hpJwP_Q&sns=em

According to Shuzo (the reporter), Lori said she's planning SP program for Mao next season which will be something like Nocturne Love Hearts and she will discuss with Mao and decide together.
YESSSSSSSS Many Hearts Nocturne is one of my top three favorite programs from Mao
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asada_Rising

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:42 pm

ddmm wrote:
Alokya wrote:
Ashley as team leader? No offense, but I would have thought that Jeremy would be a little better - he has been at a high level internationally for a lot longer than she as and has therefore had more experience. And he is so sweet - he can really pull everyone together and give some encouraging words. Yuka has really worked on him with that!!

I thought exactly the same thing. Rolling Eyes
Is it the team members or the organization that pick the team leaders? I think it is the team members but i'm not sure
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:19 pm

Unless you live in Japan or South Korea, live streaming link!!

http://livemanager.eurovision.edgesuite.net/isu/site/index.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:21 pm

Asada_Rising wrote:
linglang wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7O5hpJwP_Q&sns=em

According to Shuzo (the reporter), Lori said she's planning SP program for Mao next season which will be something like Nocturne Love Hearts and she will discuss with Mao and decide together.
YESSSSSSSS Many Hearts Nocturne is one of my top three favorite programs from Mao

I seond this! I hope Lori has been reading this forum and chose polosatik's suggestion: Chopin's Nocturne in C-sharp minor. Swoon Love Hearts Swoon Either way I hope that both Lori and TAT will give Mao masterpieces.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:33 pm

Ice dance is going to be up in about forty-five minutes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:56 pm

Mao is trying really hard to not look bored through all of those speeches....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:08 am

Alokya wrote:
Mao is trying really hard to not look bored through all of those speeches....

ROTFLMAO It must be annoying answering the same questions over and over again, though she looked animated from time to time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:42 am

Russia's K&C is much improved from last year. it shows that Max is there. Laugh

Wow, and Reeds are also working with Igor. Shocked Awesome!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:56 am

zarinaballerina wrote:

Igor is a magician. To me, he is better than Marina. Just look how good his teams are today compared to last year: Capellini/Lanote almost got a bronze at worlds and were the only ones to get a level 4 on steps at the GPF, Madison/Evan surpassed the Shibutani and will probably be medal contenders after Sochi and the Reeds are much improved now. Of course Marina has D/W and V/M but I have this feeling V/M would be better off with Igor because he would improve their technical aspect of their skating which is lacking compared to D/W now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:03 am

REEDS ARE WORKING WITH IGOR!!! HECK YESS!!!! We were advocating for this earlier on the FB page!! It has happened!!!

As a side note, I love Weaver/Poje's SD this season, and I'll miss it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:05 am

Holy cow, Chock/Bates have beaten the Canadians?! Shocked Why such a low score for Kaitlyn/Andrew?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:09 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
Holy cow, Chock/Bates have beaten the Canadians?! Shocked Why such a low score for Kaitlyn/Andrew?

Low TES. Like I've said, Igor was the genius in the team he had with Marina. He 'resurrected' from the death and after V/M and D/W retire he will be the number 1 coach, I am absolutely sure. How many teams is he coaching today? He started with Madison and Even if I recall correctly (they were the only ones who left with him after the split), he worked with R/T from Russia, the Italiens, now the Reeds. And all of his teams are doing a great job. I would send I/K to him, out of the top teams they are desperate for a real technical coach IMO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:09 am

Lady_in_black wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:

Igor is a magician. To me, he is better than Marina. Just look how good his teams are today compared to last year: Capellini/Lanote almost got a bronze at worlds and were the only ones to get a level 4 on steps at the GPF, Madison/Evan surpassed the Shibutani and will probably be medal contenders after Sochi and the Reeds are much improved now. Of course Marina has D/W and V/M but I have this feeling V/M would be better off with Igor because he would improve their technical aspect of their skating which is lacking compared to D/W now.

From what it looked like in Canton pre-split, Igor was the captain of D/W and Marina the captain of V/M. They did cross, but one coach was clearly the head of each operation. That is why V/M had the edge for so long, because they really had the performance aspect going for them. And that is also why D/W are amazing technically. I am so happy that Igor is having the opportunity to extend this to other teams, although I do wish he could have stayed in Canton.

I honestly feel like the politicking against the Shibs finally caught up to them mentally. Everyone was saying that they didn't deserve that bronze medal a few years ago, and they really let it get to them. I don't see how their skating skills are any less better than Davis and White, for instance. I actually think that the Shibs have deeper and cleaner edges than Davis and White, and their twizzles are better than everyone. Everyone. Even Davis and White. It's just politicking working against them, and now that that has gotten to their heads, it's going to be tough. I don't even know if they will make the Olympic team at this point. Madison Hubbell and Zach Donahue are pretty damn good, and they were not happy with fourth this year. Plus, we can't forget Lynn and Logan - the team with the impossible last names from both ends. They just switched to Igor as well.

Kaitlin and Andrew had some bad edges and some unsynchronized moments. But THAT low is ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:11 am

Watching the Ice Dance team skate to the Sound of Music...
I'm thinking that would be a pretty nice piece of music for Mao!!! Many Hearts I think Mao would interpret it so well!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:11 am

Lady_in_black wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:

THIS. Thumbs up! I said it when the split happened, Marina will be THE ONE in Sochi because both Davis/White and Virtue/Moir decided to stay with her, after these two couples retire, Igor will rule ice dance. It wasn't the best decision on Marina's and the skating centre part to split with him, IMO, but it was the best thing that could've happened to Igor.

And I really, really hope that Anna/Luca won't retire after Sochi, cause they have a great medal potention. Igor has worked wonders with them. Dance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:18 am

Lady_in_black wrote:

I would send I/K to him, out of the top teams they are desperate for a real technical coach IMO

Seriously, if russian fed would come to their senses and make I/K drop Morozov and send them to Igor, these two would be very hard to beat, IMO. But as things stand now, Morozov is holding them back. of course this is only my unpropfesional opinion.

Alokya wrote:
Plus, we can't forget Lynn and Logan - the team with the impossible last names from both ends. They just switched to Igor as well.

They went to Igor? great!!! cheers they are said to be the next Merly/Charlie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:27 am

I agree about the Shibs. They are way better skaters than Madison/Evan but they got lost halfway between the top guns, the split, the huge pressure and expectations after their bronze medal at worlds and crappy programs. They need to leave Marina as soon as possible, she clearly can'd handle them alone while working with V/M and D/W. The problem is that most top ice dance coaches are full. There's basically Marina, Igor (who's getting more and more teams), Angelica and Pasquale (who have W/P and P/B) and a new refreshed Zhulin ( who has B/S. Also M/K did very well with him, beat Jr world champions of 2012 all season and now they skated very well here with level 4 on the pattern dance). Who should they go to?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:33 am

Lady_in_black wrote:
I agree about the Shibs. They are way better skaters than Madison/Evan but they got lost halfway between the top guns, the split, the huge pressure and expectations after their bronze medal at worlds and crappy programs. They need to leave Marina as soon as possible, she clearly can'd handle them alone while working with V/M and D/W. The problem is that most top ice dance coaches are full. There's basically Marina, Igor (who's getting more and more teams), Angelica and Pasquale (who have W/P and P/B) and a new refreshed Zhulin ( who has B/S. Also M/K did very well with him, beat Jr world champions of 2012 all season and now they skated very well here with level 4 on the pattern dance). Who should they go to?

IMO, they should've left with Igor instead of staying with Marina. I also read on one of the other boards (I can't remember which one) that D/W sought outside help for their choreo, because supposedly Marina's initial choreography for Notre Dame wasn't good, so someone else helped them to clean it up. I don't know if this is true though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:39 am

Go Konstantin, beat the living crap out of Kovtun! Cheering And show it to the Russian Fed. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:41 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
Go Konstantin, beat the living crap out of Kovtun! Cheering And show it to the Russian Fed. Twisted Evil

My thoughts exactly flower
Also go Dai-chan!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Team Trophy 2013   

Back to top Go down

World Team Trophy 2013
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 25Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next