HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Mao News: Off-Season 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
CraZsk8r

avatar

Posts : 73
Join date : 2011-05-31

PostSubject: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:00 pm

Even though the 2012-2013 season doesn't officially end until June, all of the competitions for Mao are over with, so now, it's technically off-season for her.
Congrats, Mao, on your very successful season! We are very proud of you! cheers
Now we have The Ice to look forward to, even though it's still a long ways off. I wonder what kind of programs Mao has in store. Question


Last edited by CraZsk8r on Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1810
Join date : 2009-05-07
Location : la-la-land

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:01 pm

CraZsk8r, her season ain't over yet. She still has another chance at WTT. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
CraZsk8r

avatar

Posts : 73
Join date : 2011-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:02 pm

Okay, I understand that I'm getting a little too far ahead of myself, but what is WTT?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CraZsk8r

avatar

Posts : 73
Join date : 2011-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:12 pm

CraZsk8r wrote:
Okay, I understand that I'm getting a little too far ahead of myself, but what is WTT?
Whoops, never mind. WORLD TEAM TROPHY! Yeah, I knew that. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 663
Join date : 2009-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:14 pm

So I will lock this thread until the season is over.
Please refer to the previous thread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1126
Join date : 2011-06-04
Location : Haven

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:37 am

Thanks for polosatik and happy off season everyone
I put the news here
news ~ seminar for Japanese top athletes who may attend winter Olympics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ad-FSngBMw

see where are they Smile very easy to find
http://www.facebook.com/JapanOlympicTeam

news with pics
http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/photonews_nsInc_f-sp-tp0-20130420-1115379.html
http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/sports/figureskate/headlines/article/20130420-00000062-dal
http://sp.mainichi.jp/m/news.html?cid=20130421k0000m050053000c&inb=sns
http://www.jiji.com/jc/zc?k=201304/2013042000376&g=spo
http://mainichi.jp/sports/news/20130421k0000m050053000c.html
http://sankei.jp.msn.com/sports/news/130420/oth13042020490012-n1.htm


Last edited by shikure on Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1126
Join date : 2011-06-04
Location : Haven

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:39 am

http://ameblo.jp/suzuki-akko/entry-11515019338.html pics from akko's blog
for ceremony yesterday ...also with Yukari Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1505
Join date : 2010-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:26 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=99C-CO70F_0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mGpGdhloYBk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ad-FSngBMw&feature=player_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iDT2r3F4dM&feature=player_embedded

Mao participated in a JOC camp held for Japanese athletes who may compete at Sochi Olympic games. About 130 athletes of different winter sports participated. Kanako, Dai, Taka, Yuzu and Mura took part too.

In the first clip, Mao says she really wants to go to Olympics and that feeling has become much stronger. She's happy to have spent time together with other athletes who will work hard towards Sochi.

In the second clip, she sees the athletes who were present there today (April 21) as her fellow athletes who will strive for Sochi together and she appreciates this opportunity and she's happy she was able to join them.

Happy to see her smiles Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1505
Join date : 2010-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:39 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CODxVqoxRnU

As it was reported earlier, Mao was awarded JOC Cup by JSF and it came with a sub-prize, a pair of tickets to Tokyo Disney Land. Mao said “They are valid for a year, so I think I can use them after Sochi (Olympics). It may be good to go there in a group or … yes.” Reporter asked “Or?” Mao said “It’s good (to go there in a group) or … well you know … hehehe.”

Mao will start her program choreography in May. She said she is planning to use a classic music for short program. She also said last year at this time she was worried a little bit, but comparing to that, things are going very positively this year, so she feels she will be able to enter the next season in good shape.

I wonder when she will reveal her new programs for next season. It's usually late in off season. But it's an Olympic year and she may reveal it earlier than usual. I'm really looking forward to them. Cheering
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sweetdream
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 294
Join date : 2009-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:47 am

linglang wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CODxVqoxRnU

As it was reported earlier, Mao was awarded JOC Cup by JSF and it came with a sub-prize, a pair of tickets to Tokyo Disney Land. Mao said “They are valid for a year, so I think I can use them after Sochi (Olympics). It may be good to go there in a group or … yes.” Reporter asked “Or?” Mao said “It’s good (to go there in a group) or … well you know … hehehe.”



thanks for the update linglang! Very Happy and hahaha i wonder what that means!!! cat
haha so looking forward to the release of her program music!!! (wheeee!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel


Posts : 839
Join date : 2011-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:24 am

Mao is performing for "Prince Ice World" this weekend:
http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/sports/figureskate/headlines/article/20130427-00000071-kyodo_sp
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/news/20130427-OYT1T00903.htm?from=tw

Surprisingly, she didn't skate to Mary Poppins today. Instead, it was Chopin's Ballad No. 1...and it was because of Koz, Mao changed her mind and switched to Ballad Wink

[Adding: short clip of PIW
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cILFhZdVcpg
That's right! Now Mao wears white boots...so she really looks more 'coordinated' with the black outfit, it's just like what she said!]

Also, Mao showed up as a surprising guest to an event in this video clip...the Q&A session with kids is just beyond adorable!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VZub6f5kZFY
Back to top Go down
View user profile
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 426
Join date : 2012-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:24 am

Thank you so much, COHK! Love Hearts

Here is another clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jud-7zZvEq0
Back to top Go down
View user profile
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 518
Join date : 2009-01-08
Location : Germany (NRW)

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:43 am

COHK wrote:
Mao is performing for "Prince Ice World" this weekend:
http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/sports/figureskate/headlines/article/20130427-00000071-kyodo_sp
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/news/20130427-OYT1T00903.htm?from=tw

Surprisingly, she didn't skate to Mary Poppins today. Instead, it was Chopin's Ballad No. 1...and it was because of Koz, Mao changed her mind and switched to Ballad Wink

[Adding: short clip of PIW
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cILFhZdVcpg
That's right! Now Mao wears white boots...so she really looks more 'coordinated' with the black outfit, it's just like what she said!]

Also, Mao showed up as a surprising guest to an event in this video clip...the Q&A session with kids is just beyond adorable!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VZub6f5kZFY

Thank you so much for the info, COHK! flower
Wait, with "Koz" you mean Taka!? That's a real surprise because Mao didn't skate this program for more than a year now, so I wonder why she got it back... scratch BUT I looove this program! I hope we can see the version of PIW one day.. I'm curious to see how the program developed! Yep!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1126
Join date : 2011-06-04
Location : Haven

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:47 am

josling wrote:
COHK wrote:
Mao is performing for "Prince Ice World" this weekend:
http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/sports/figureskate/headlines/article/20130427-00000071-kyodo_sp
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/news/20130427-OYT1T00903.htm?from=tw

Surprisingly, she didn't skate to Mary Poppins today. Instead, it was Chopin's Ballad No. 1...and it was because of Koz, Mao changed her mind and switched to Ballad Wink

[Adding: short clip of PIW
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cILFhZdVcpg
That's right! Now Mao wears white boots...so she really looks more 'coordinated' with the black outfit, it's just like what she said!]

Also, Mao showed up as a surprising guest to an event in this video clip...the Q&A session with kids is just beyond adorable!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VZub6f5kZFY

Thank you so much for the info, COHK! flower
Wait, with "Koz" you mean Taka!? That's a real surprise because Mao didn't skate this program for more than a year now, so I wonder why she got it back... scratch BUT I looove this program! I hope we can see the version of PIW one day.. I'm curious to see how the program developed! Yep!

She planed to skate to Mary Poppins but Taka said"are you going to skate that"Mary Poppins) again?"...then she re-considered and decided to skate to ballad. she said she would like to follow her own pace / heart.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 685
Join date : 2009-10-13
Age : 29
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:55 am

shikure wrote:
josling wrote:
COHK wrote:
Mao is performing for "Prince Ice World" this weekend:
http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/sports/figureskate/headlines/article/20130427-00000071-kyodo_sp
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/news/20130427-OYT1T00903.htm?from=tw

Surprisingly, she didn't skate to Mary Poppins today. Instead, it was Chopin's Ballad No. 1...and it was because of Koz, Mao changed her mind and switched to Ballad Wink

[Adding: short clip of PIW
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cILFhZdVcpg
That's right! Now Mao wears white boots...so she really looks more 'coordinated' with the black outfit, it's just like what she said!]

Also, Mao showed up as a surprising guest to an event in this video clip...the Q&A session with kids is just beyond adorable!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VZub6f5kZFY

Thank you so much for the info, COHK! flower
Wait, with "Koz" you mean Taka!? That's a real surprise because Mao didn't skate this program for more than a year now, so I wonder why she got it back... scratch BUT I looove this program! I hope we can see the version of PIW one day.. I'm curious to see how the program developed! Yep!

She planed to skate to Mary Poppins but Taka said"are you going to skate that"Mary Poppins) again?"...then she re-considered and decided to skate to ballad. she said she would like to follow her own pace / heart.
Yay!! Go Taka-chan! Very Happy Love Hearts
I'm not the biggest fan of the Mary Poppins exhibition so I'm very happy that Mao went back to Ballad. Hope we will be able to see it! And she looked gorgeous in that black dress Wub So grown up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1810
Join date : 2009-05-07
Location : la-la-land

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:57 am

shikure wrote:
josling wrote:
COHK wrote:
Mao is performing for "Prince Ice World" this weekend:
http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/sports/figureskate/headlines/article/20130427-00000071-kyodo_sp
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/news/20130427-OYT1T00903.htm?from=tw

Surprisingly, she didn't skate to Mary Poppins today. Instead, it was Chopin's Ballad No. 1...and it was because of Koz, Mao changed her mind and switched to Ballad Wink

[Adding: short clip of PIW
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cILFhZdVcpg
That's right! Now Mao wears white boots...so she really looks more 'coordinated' with the black outfit, it's just like what she said!]

Also, Mao showed up as a surprising guest to an event in this video clip...the Q&A session with kids is just beyond adorable!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VZub6f5kZFY

Thank you so much for the info, COHK! flower
Wait, with "Koz" you mean Taka!? That's a real surprise because Mao didn't skate this program for more than a year now, so I wonder why she got it back... scratch BUT I looove this program! I hope we can see the version of PIW one day.. I'm curious to see how the program developed! Yep!

She planed to skate to Mary Poppins but Taka said"are you going to skate that"Mary Poppins) again?"...then she re-considered and decided to skate to ballad. she said she would like to follow her own pace / heart.

Between Ballade and Mary Poppins, both are really good but I'd go for Ballade anytime. That program is sublime! I'm glad she went for it. The "Koz" factor helped, too. :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 426
Join date : 2012-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:02 am

COHK wrote:

Also, Mao showed up as a surprising guest to an event in this video clip...the Q&A session with kids is just beyond adorable!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VZub6f5kZFY

It seems Mao attended the cooking class for parents and children
sponsored by the ham company.

Question by 1st kid: Do you enjoy skating?
Mao: Yes, I do.

2nd kid: What was your favorite subject when you were a child.
Mao: I liked gym class.

3rd kid: Mao chan, you' re adorable.
Mao: ... Laugh
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1810
Join date : 2009-05-07
Location : la-la-land

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:04 am

linglang wrote:
Mao will start her program choreography in May. She said she is planning to use a classic music for short program. She also said last year at this time she was worried a little bit, but comparing to that, things are going very positively this year, so she feels she will be able to enter the next season in good shape.

I wonder when she will reveal her new programs for next season. It's usually late in off season. But it's an Olympic year and she may reveal it earlier than usual. I'm really looking forward to them. Cheering

If it's gonna be a classic I hope it's something that's rarely used. But I'm really hoping for something new and different from Mao this season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel


Posts : 839
Join date : 2011-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:50 pm

shikure wrote:
josling wrote:
COHK wrote:

Surprisingly, she didn't skate to Mary Poppins today. Instead, it was Chopin's Ballad No. 1...and it was because of Koz, Mao changed her mind and switched to Ballad Wink

Thank you so much for the info, COHK! flower
Wait, with "Koz" you mean Taka!? That's a real surprise because Mao didn't skate this program for more than a year now, so I wonder why she got it back... scratch BUT I looove this program! I hope we can see the version of PIW one day.. I'm curious to see how the program developed! Yep!

She planed to skate to Mary Poppins but Taka said"are you going to skate that"Mary Poppins) again?"...then she re-considered and decided to skate to ballad. she said she would like to follow her own pace / heart.

I'm not a native speaker of Japanese...so perhaps this is over interpretion of Taka's reaction: is Taka getting tired of Mary Poppins playing over and over again at the practice rink? Laughing
I'd love to see her Ballad at PIW as well...especially that now Mao has improved so much with her facial expression while skating!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1126
Join date : 2011-06-04
Location : Haven

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:49 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPuyUxaiszA&feature=youtu.be
longer version of news
in the end, shows Mao talked about what Taka said everyone was laughing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
let`s talk
Double Axel
Double Axel
avatar

Posts : 189
Join date : 2011-06-08
Location : Japan, Tokyo.

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:26 am

Mao had a really good day today. I went to both shows and enjoyed them a lot. She was like a skating piano music itself, with all its sophistication and romantism. In the morning show she did a good 3F, then doubled her loop, then did two 2A, magnificient spirals and spins. Her doubled loop was her only mistake of the day. In a finale she, probably feeling disappointed, did 3Loop again and landed it clean, making the happy face expression like "Yatta!". In the afternoon show she was absolutely clean in all jump passes, then she did 3F in a finale and she probably planned to add the second jump, i.e. make it a combo, but the landing on 3F was perhaps not that solid, so she didn't add the second jump. I told her that her Ballad was a masterpiece but I am not even sure that she could hear me well in all that fanfest all around cheers .
I made some videos and pics but no vids/pics do her any justice- it's a known fact that she is much more charming in real life. Cheering Also, her hands are very warm, like Dai's hands. As if there's sunshine inside them that makes them be so warm-hearted/handed. Lol. Confetti
(watch in IE in 720HD):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8_j1oB55g4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOJCBw_kfGw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11ojMTRB42A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKY_gGOI5ZQ
http://twitpic.com/cmlc61
http://twitpic.com/cmlbuk

Oh, and thanks to Taka for inspiring Mao to skate Ballad. Thank you! geek
Back to top Go down
View user profile
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 461
Join date : 2011-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:58 am

let`s talk, thanks so much for your report. You are the luckiest person in the world, you go see Mao all the time Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1810
Join date : 2009-05-07
Location : la-la-land

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:11 pm

Let's talk, thank you for sharing!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 426
Join date : 2012-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:45 pm

Thank you very much for your report, let's talk!
You are so lucky to be able to see such good performances in live. Love Hearts

I suppose skating to Ballade was a good opportunity as a
practice for her new SP.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 518
Join date : 2009-01-08
Location : Germany (NRW)

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:50 pm

Here's is an english article from Jack Gallagher about Mao's possible retirement:

– Mao certain to face massive pressure if she tries to retire –
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/2013/04/24/more-sports/mao-certain-to-face-massive-pressure-if-she-tries-to-retire/#.UX7MV4KHOLM

Quite interesting I think...As a non-japanese I sometimes forget how popular Mao is in Japan. It's so hard to believe when you live in a country where figure skating is nothing altough you have a 4-time Worldchampions pair... Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   

Back to top Go down
 
Mao News: Off-Season 2013
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 13Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
 Similar topics
-
» NASCAR News/Silly Season Thread
» Celtic News: Season 2013-14
» Ten To Watch In 2013/14 - 9. Peter Whittingham (Cardiff City)
» Indian domestic season 2013/14
» UK NFL Coverage

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ballerina on Ice :: Figure Skating :: Mao Chat-
Jump to: