HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

2013-2014 season programs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:28 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
^ Thanx for posting the video.

Is Mai employed at this TV station full time, or is she only accasionally doing a piece on figure skating/skaters?

"My (Mai) sports" is Mai's regular sports new broadcasting program. She's been hosting the segment in local early evening news every Monday since the beginning of the year. It's not just about figure skating that she's covering. I've seen (video clips) of the segments on local sports news, including baseball, high school volleyball games...etc. (And she ALWAYS looks so pretty when she's doing the news casting segment flower )

One funny moment from the video of Kozuka's interview: at the beginning part of the BBQ, Kozuka and Mai are talking about their impression with each other when they were little. Koz said he's afraid of Mai (!) when he was little, probably because Mai was very tall. And for Mai, she says her impression for Koz was "mushroom head (hair cut) and glasses" lol! 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:49 pm

Here Gracie Gold announces her music choices for the Oly season:

http://www.teamusa.org/Team-USA-Winter-Bloggers/Gracie-Gold/The-Season-Begins

In addition to the "sleeping beauty" already known as her SP, her FS is:
"George Gershwin: Three Preludes"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4yLMxaqWIM&list=PL08E785FC8FBF7477
Back to top Go down
View user profile
elmaster

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:36 pm

hi)
quite the contrary Smile 

Quote :
I will be skating to Tchaikovsky’s “Sleeping Beauty” for my free skate.

Three Preludes is SP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:24 pm

elmaster wrote:
hi)
quite the contrary Smile 

Quote :
I will be skating to Tchaikovsky’s “Sleeping Beauty” for my free skate.

Three Preludes is SP

elmaster: thanks for the correction! yes, that's right!! (and I was posting the reply without a clear brain...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:13 am

COHK wrote:
For anyone who's interested in Kozuka's new SP, here's the preview:
(Mai interviewed Kozuka in her Sport news program "My sports")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpyTDD1fod4

To add: a second (and longer) version of Kozuka's "unsquare dance":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-jI_9CrTPk

[NB: this is another segment of figure skating news, and the main theme of this one is the reopening of the "大須" skating rink in Nagoya, where Midori, Mao, Kanako used to train at.]

Kozuka's new SP looks really Thumbs up! (but does he steal one move from Mao's program this passing season...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:05 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
ElleluvsL wrote:
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Daisuke's new programs yet.

SP: Mamoru Samuragochi's Sonatina for Violin
FS: Beatles medley

The short is choreographed by Kenji Miyamoto and the free by Lori Nichol. No Morozov programs this time Hell, no!

I'm really excited for the SP, I think that if Dai performs it perfectly at Olys, he could really bring everyone to tears with that music. The FS I'm not so excited about yet.

OMG, thank you so much for this news!Thank you! 
I can't wait to see the SP, Miyamoto and Dai is a match made in heaven.Swoon  I just wish he'd drop Lori and went back to Camerlengo. However I'm sooo over the moon about him NOT using Morozov that I'm even being positive about his Beatles medley. Whatever Lori gave him, it CAN'T possibly be worse than Morozov's "choreography".Hell, no! 

If Dai skates his SP to perfection at Oly's, not only will he bring audience to their tears, but he'll also beat Chan's score with ease, IMO.Yep! 

How I wish there could be multiple Oly's medals like there are for swimming and skiing. My dream podium namely consists of (in random order):
Javi,
Dai,
Yuzu,
Denis (he deserves it after the screw up he got at worlds),
Taka (when he's perfect like at 2011 worlds where he's beaten Patty's TES, he's right up there fighting for medals).

So you see my problem, too many skaters, not enough medals.Depressed Crying 

What? You want Javier win gold before Daisuke? I cant agree to that! Drama! 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:50 am

Haidogirl wrote:

What? You want Javier win gold before Daisuke? I cant agree to that! Drama! 

I did say my dream podium is in random order.Razz Wink 

Honestly, I can't decide. I absolutely adore Dai (well, last season's version of him wasn't exactly my favourite, thanx for that Morozov Evil or Very Mad  ), I adore Yuzu Wub , and Javi has been among my favourites ever since he switched to Brian. IMHO, Javi, if he gets his act straight and starts training his butt off, is actually one of the favourites for Oly's gold. His performance at 2013 Euro's was simply jaw dropping and he wasn't even perfect. IF he gets it together, than Patty will have a very hard time getting that gold. The same goes for Yuzu, IF his team somehow manages to get over his asthma problem and gets him in top shape, then the fight for gold is going to be between Yuzu and javi, and if we add a perfect Dai to this equasion, than Patty is going to be happy if he'll manage to get the bronze. However, IF Patty will be clean, than others better bring the skates of not only their lives but those of their families as well, cause judges will be giving him perfect 10's, whether justyfied or not.Yep, Sadly 

I do have a hope though, than Russia is going to bring their revenge for the judging crap they had to endure in Vancouver and that FOR ONCE, Patty is going to be judged fairly!Worship Worship Worship  Come on Russia, you know you want to do this, don't dissapoint the figure skating fans who are tired and pissed over the way ISU has been treating Chan for the past 2 years. Go Russia!Cheering Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:29 am

I feel really split about the issue with Miki, somehow I really want her to go, but at the same time if she hasn't regained her condition in time I don't want her to go. I think by the time I will see her in competition, that's when I will be able to make up my mind.

Between Miki and Suzuki I think that Miki has the highest scoring potential, but I really don't want the third spot to go to waste,with another meltdown by Miki at the Olympics. it's really hard to pick one over the other, since they both really deserve to go. Murakami also had a really strong season last year:scratch:
how I wish that they all could go, three spots really isn't enough for japan. but since one skater has to be left, I hope the strongest skater, will get the third spot. Nationals is really going to be so exciting this year.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:18 am

I really dont want to think of Patrick Chan! *sigh*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:28 pm

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but Ashley Wagner's announced her programs:

SP - 'Shine On You Crazy Diamond' by Pink Floyd (choreographed by Shae-Lynn Bourne)
FS - 'Romeo & Juliet' by Sergei Prokofiev (choreographed by David Wilson)

Source: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

Mao Asada Fan Wub
I WILL tawk like a black person if anyone tawks SHIZ about ma boo..  Evil or Very Mad

To Mao doubters/haters:
Mao is the fabulous Swan Queen and you're fat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ElleluvsL
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:14 am

When I first heard that Ashley was using Romeo and Juliet, I thought of the Nino Rota version Sasha used and thought that there was absolutely no way she could pull that off well Razz 

But I think that the Prokofiev version suits her style of skating well and that maybe she could pull it off after all. We'll see.

“I have never seen such a hard worker as Mao. She is a role model for me, and she inspires everyone." -Takahiko Kozuka
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:14 am

Haidogirl wrote:
I really dont want to think of Patrick Chan! *sigh*

Neither do I, but unfortunately reality is different. I'm seriously starting to mentally prepare myself for all the Chan inflation we'll be getting come October.Yep, Sadly Depressed Crying pale Very Mad 

ElleluvsL wrote:
When I first heard that Ashley was using Romeo and Juliet, I thought of the Nino Rota version Sasha used and thought that there was absolutely no way she could pull that off well Razz 

But I think that the Prokofiev version suits her style of skating well and that maybe she could pull it off after all. We'll see.

Oh gosh, I've just imagined Ashley skating to Sasha's R&J and nearly fell off my chair. Toatlly agree, she could never pull that off. I'm not sure what to think of Prokofiev and Ashley. Looking back at Samson and Dalilah and all that posing...Disappointed , however she did change her choreographer, so I'm curious to see what DW has come up with. I bet some of the program is set to the "Dance of the knights", the other is probably "the Balcony scene" and maybe the "death of Juliet" (before she stabbes herslef), that part of music is sooooo gorgoeus.Swoon  I just hope she won't "over fake it" with her facial expressions.

And I'm just so happy that it isn't Carmen. I hope all the girls are going to stay away from this one, in the coming season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:50 pm

Gracie Gold's long. In my opinion, not Marina's best work... I feel like this program would have been better for someone else with actual balletic qualities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT22vQu3I3A&feature=youtu.be
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tripleaxelqueen

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:31 pm

Alokya wrote:
Gracie Gold's long. In my opinion, not Marina's best work... I feel like this program would have been better for someone else with actual balletic qualities.

Agree with you. Gracie is a beautiful technical skater, but she is missing the artistry. I don't think she is ready to skate this program. She needs something less balletic
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abdiel
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:04 pm

Tripleaxelqueen wrote:
Alokya wrote:

Agree with you. Gracie is a beautiful technical skater, but she is missing the artistry. I don't think she is ready to skate this program. She needs something less balletic

She may not have the best balletic qualities, but I respect her for trying out this kind of program even if it doesn't look as natural on her compared to a skater like Zijun Li. If Gracie wants to improve her balletic artistry, then I believe this is a good stepping stone for her. If anything, her style reminds of Davis and White, and I think she will improve in her connection to the music over time. Hopefully! I want to see this program skated to its full potential, and I hope that by Nationals and the Olympics, she'll be able to skate this cleanly.

zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:32 am

Abdiel wrote:
Tripleaxelqueen wrote:
Alokya wrote:

She may not have the best balletic qualities, but I respect her for trying out this kind of program even if it doesn't look as natural on her compared to a skater like Zijun Li. If Gracie wants to improve her balletic artistry, then I believe this is a good stepping stone for her. If anything, her style reminds of Davis and White, and I think she will improve in her connection to the music over time. Hopefully! I want to see this program skated to its full potential, and I hope that by Nationals and the Olympics, she'll be able to skate this cleanly.

Alokya and Tripleaelqueen, I completely agree with you. When I was watching this and listening to music the only thing that kept popping in my mind was whether Marina was on a tight schedule when she was choreographing for Gracie. The music cut is weird the choreo is meh, and as much as I want Gracie to become US number 1, I'm afraid it's not going to happen with this kind of program.
I hope I'll change my mind during GP's whith better footage, but this doesn't look like it suits Gracie.No 

@Abdiel, normally I'd agree with you. I think all skaters should venture outside their comfort zone and try new things, however IMO, Olympic season is not the time to do it. At olympics you want to showcase all your strenghts and hide your weakness' as much as possible. With Gracie it's the oposite. She is a great technician, but other than huge jumps, there's not much else there. So far it looks like her team has made a huge mistake, however it's only July and fan cam footage (understandibly) wasn't good. So I'll wait for GP's coverage, to see this in HD.

I still wish all the best to Gracie for the upcoming season. And who knows, maybe a miracle will happen and she'll blow us all away with Sleeping beauty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:05 am

Just as I thought we might be able to avoid a Carmen this season in the ladies' event...

http://fskating.com/2013/07/sotnikova-announces-olympic-short-program.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:19 am

^ Well, at least it's a short and not a long program. I hope this is the only Carmen we'll get to see though I worry about DW and Yuna to be honest, I hope that her "sensual" long program isn't Carmen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:27 am

I think this should be Mao's Rach 2 practice:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKq2Ognl4gU
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:40 am

roma wrote:

Amazing thanks soo much for posting this, gourges biellman and 2A-3T
Back to top Go down
View user profile
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:34 pm

roma wrote:

Swoon She looks really good!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:06 pm

roma wrote:
Now we know that she'll be using the 2A+3T so study there won't be a 3F+3T and she's probably still working on the 3A and the 3F+3Lo... I don't think that her layout will be a lot different from the one she used at Worlds and WTT, after all
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:43 pm

Thanks roma for the clip!!

At a press conference held in THE ICE, Mao said her layout for both SP and FS will be same as last season (worlds and wtt).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:36 am

linglang wrote:
Thanks roma for the clip!!

At a press conference held in THE ICE, Mao said her layout for both SP and FS will be same as last season (worlds and wtt).

So that means she won't be doing the 3F-3Lo in the SP, which means no four triple SP by a lady for the first time in history. Oh well... you can't have everything Razz

Mao Asada Fan Wub
I WILL tawk like a black person if anyone tawks SHIZ about ma boo..  Evil or Very Mad

To Mao doubters/haters:
Mao is the fabulous Swan Queen and you're fat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:14 pm

Savchenko/Szolkowy's new SP will be a piece called 'When Winter comes' especially composed and arranged for them by violonist André Rieu! They also worked with David Wilson this summer (not sure what to think about this) and they are planning the Th3A in SP and FS next season.
I'm incredibly excited to see what they'll produce next year because it's maybe the First time they are not the hot favorites for every event in a looong time... I'm totally rooting for them over V/T. I think they deserve to be olympic chamions after all what they achieved...!! Smile

http://www.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130802&content_id=55638190&vkey=ice_news
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    

Back to top Go down

2013-2014 season programs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next