HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

2013-2014 season programs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
BounceAround

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:34 pm

^I love to hear that Aliona and Robin are pushing themselves artistically and athletically. It's even more incredible when you consider how long they've been skating, with each other and separately, and how old they are. They strike me as people who, like Mao, want to be "the best" and not just the official winners. Aliona is a true queen-b in the best ways possible Twisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:09 am

Icenetwork has been updating many US skaters' bio for their new programs. Among these:

Mirai Nagasu:
SP Music: "The Man I Love" by George Gershwin
FS Music: Music from James Bond by various artists
Choreographer: Cindy Stuart

And here's the video of Mirai's new SP at Glacier Classic this weekend:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pJPTTRin2A
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:08 am

COHK wrote:
Icenetwork has been updating many US skaters' bio for their new programs. Among these:

Mirai Nagasu:
SP Music: "The Man I Love" by George Gershwin
FS Music: Music from James Bond by various artists
Choreographer: Cindy Stuart

And here's the video of Mirai's new SP at Glacier Classic this weekend:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pJPTTRin2A

Wow, this sounds interesting. I can't wait to see her portrayal of one of Bond's "femme fatale".Cool  At least I think they're going for this, there's not much else.

Has there been a new rule that I'm not aware of conserning over the boots tights? Everyone seems to be dropping them in favour of white boots.Bawling  I prefer the boots covered, it makes your legs look longer.

God, I hope she'll have an awesome season and will go to Sochi. Come on Mirai, get that third spot!Cheering 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:24 am

I am so afraid of another bad olympic season for S/S. I am afraid faith is cruel to them and even though they dominated the field for so many years, it's just not going to happen for them, another couple comes in at the right time and steal their thunder. Everyone was so happy with S/Z fairy-story olympic gold last time and now it will probably be with V/T. I don't know how they can possibly have the right attitude going into this season. It must be so frustrating to know the gold medal is almost unreachable (they must know it's probably not going to happen). If Ingo called for David's advice, it's clear they are trying everything they can to close the gap with the Russians's PCS when in reality, it should be the other way around!!
Planning two 3A, having the best choreography in the pairs event (currently), consistently challenging themselves with different styles of skating, producing one masterpiece after another and for what? So that a new couple skates a lackluster program with mediocre choreography and smash the world record with 6-7 points. This sounds incredibly familiar with the ladies situation, doesn't it? Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:39 am

Lady_in_black wrote:
I am so afraid of another bad olympic season for S/S. I am afraid faith is cruel to them and even though they dominated the field for so many years, it's just not going to happen for them, another couple comes in at the right time and steal their thunder. Everyone was so happy with S/Z fairy-story olympic gold last time and now it will probably be with V/T. I don't know how they can possibly have the right attitude going into this season. It must be so frustrating to know the gold medal is almost unreachable (they must know it's probably not going to happen). If Ingo called for David's advice, it's clear they are trying everything they can to close the gap with the Russians's PCS when in reality, it should be the other way around!!
Planning two 3A, having the best choreography in the pairs event (currently), consistently challenging themselves with different styles of skating, producing one masterpiece after another and for what? So that a new couple skates a lackluster program with mediocre choreography and smash the world record with 6-7 points. This sounds incredibly familiar with the ladies situation, doesn't it? Very Mad

Thank you! 
I agree wholeheartedly with everything you said!! Yep, Sadly 
It would break my heart for them (almost like for Mao) if they won't win gold in Sochi. Drama! 
There are just skaters who have to make history by being olympic champions and these are definitly not Evan Lysacek or Sarah Hughes etc... Who, me?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:50 am

Lady_in_black wrote:

I was thinking the exact same thing! This is a "Mao story" in pairs. They're pushing the boundaries, probably going for the world record (I don't think there was any pair who had a 3A in SP and LP:scratch: ) only to lose by a mile to V/T who have a far easier program with as you said a luckluster and crappy choreography. And this is coming from a V/T fan. I love Tanya and Max, but they didn't deserve WR in London, not to mention PCS in both SP and LP.Mad 

I hope S/S are in great shape and that they'll be landing those 3A like there's no tomorrow and put the pressure not only on V/T, but also on the judges. The same goes for Mao. God I hope she'll be making it very hard for the judges to overscore others while lowballing her.Twisted Evil 

And ANYONE who has a Morozov's choreography should get a minimum 5 point deduction in PCS, cause there's not much choreography in it (unless you count posing and hip thrusting as choreography Rolling Eyes ), not to mention his "choreography" is transition free, so where do judges find those marks to give to Morozov's skaters is beyond me.Mad Disappointed 

josling wrote:
There are just skaters who have to make history by being olympic champions and these are definitly not Evan Lysacek or Sarah Hughes etc...Who, me? 

Thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:08 pm

First performance of Liza's SP with 3Lz-2T, 2F, 2A (stepout)...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc_RdQe1mds

Seems like she changed her layout for the olympic season, she used to do a 3Lo in her SP!
Hope she can improve her spins and steps and especially reanimate her fire that I love so much!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:09 pm

josling wrote:

Seems like she changed her layout for the olympic season, she used to do a 3Lo in her SP!
Hope she can improve her spins and steps and especially reanimate her fire that I love so much!!

Thank you for posting this. Is this an actual new SP, or just the SP program layout skated on EX music? Has she announced her programs yet?

It sucks that Russia only has 2 spots for Olympics, nats is going to be brutal.Yep, Sadly  I hope Liza will qualify.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:14 am

Mirai's FS to James Bond

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuwD1P6Dt5k

mh~~ I'm not sure...perhaps this is too early to tell and she still needs to tweak the program
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:06 am

josling wrote:

I love her but I think that she skate still childish, I compare with Adelina for obvious reasons and it is a big diference, may be the postion of her arms, remain me juniors, in other hand I was reading in GS forum that she gain weight and practically she was called fat, I mean they are idiots???Mad , she looks perfectly fit for me. And that program is not very good in my eyes Disappointed 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:37 am

COHK wrote:
Mirai's FS to James Bond

mh~~ I'm not sure...perhaps this is too early to tell and she still needs to tweak the program

I like it... I like how some of the music cuts finally promote her speed across the ice. That used to be one of her strengths but recently, she's been skating to snail music.

You can see the jumps in the second part need some cleaning up (most of them looked URed) but the first few passes looked clean and had with nice coverage. I hope she manages to clean everything up by fall.

I really wish Mirai the best for the coming season. She was always one of my favorites, and I hope she can finally realize her potential!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:58 pm

chapis wrote:

I love her but I think that she skate still childish, I compare with Adelina for obvious reasons and it is a big diference, may be the postion of her arms, remain me juniors, in other hand I was reading in GS forum that she gain weight and practically she was called fat, I mean they are idiots???Mad , she looks perfectly fit for me. And that program is not very good in my eyes Disappointed 

I'm still hoping that this is her new EX and not SP. I adore Liza, but what really bugs me is her frantic hands movement. She reminds of Plushy, he was the same, flailing those hands like his life depended on it.Hell, no!  I know latin music is her comfort zone, but I wish she'd try a different style. I loved her Love Story SP, it was a shame that she switched back to Tango in mid season, though one has to give it to her, she interprets the music fantastically.Love 

Liza is anything but fat.Rolling Eyes  Yes she's filled out, but that's normal. I guess some people are forgetting that this is the point of puberty. One grows from a child into a woman. What do they expect, that she'll have a body of a 12 year old for ever? She could have a better costume design though, and not be all in black all the time. For the moment her costumes aren't flattering on her body and they do make her look a bit too filled out, so maybe some people are getting the wrong impression? I've seen pictures of her in her training clothes, and she looks great.

COHK wrote:
Mirai's FS to James Bond

It's very early in the season and it's been filmed from afar, so i can't really comment on her performance, however I think this program has a lot of potential. If she brings spark and sasiness into this, it could be great. I hope she'll make it, and have a great season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:14 am

roma wrote:
I think this should be Mao's Rach 2 practice:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKq2Ognl4gU
Thanks so much. I had a moment of sadness when I think that Sochi will be the last time Yuna, Mao and Carolina compete together. I like this skating era, where they keep pushing boundaries, raising the bars and you can never rule anyone out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:26 am

I really feel disgusted when I read about all the bashing on Liza for her weight/figure on other forums. She is definitely NOT fat! Her costume, however, isn't doing her any good. I hope she changes costumes later on -- preferably without the black tights.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:44 am

Just saw these on my twitter and FB feeds:

Carolina Kostner
Cari amici, ho scelto le musiche dei miei due nuovi programmi!

Programma corto: "Humoresque" di A. Dvorak
Programma lungo: "Scheherazade" di N.Rimsky-Korsakov

@sport_folio: Carolina Kostner's new programs are: Humoresque by A. Dvorak (SP) and Scheherazade by N.Rimsky-Korsakov (FS)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:50 am

roma wrote:
I really feel disgusted when I read about all the bashing on Liza for her weight/figure on other forums. She is definitely NOT fat! Her costume, however, isn't doing her any good. I hope she changes costumes later on -- preferably without the black tights.

They are exactly the reason why figure skating had such a bad rap of favoring skinny girls and driving skaters to bullimia.
Carol always has good music taste. Those pieces are also my favorite. I hope the new programs will work for her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:51 am

Caro's SP music is very nice. However I am not very excited about her Lp music. I know she did wonders with Bolero but I would have loved to see her taking an unusual piece of music and make it her own. I am bored with Scheherazade
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:41 pm

Lady_in_black wrote:
Caro's SP music is very nice. However I am not very excited about her Lp music. I know she did wonders with Bolero but I would have loved to see her taking an unusual piece of music and make it her own. I am bored with Scheherazade

Well at least it's not Swan Lake or Carmen. i'm curious to see what she'll do with Scherezade.

Am I the only one who doesn't like her Bolero? So much posing, and I expected more power and passion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:55 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
Lady_in_black wrote:

Well at least it's not Swan Lake or Carmen. i'm curious to see what she'll do with Scherezade.

Am I the only one who doesn't like her Bolero? So much posing, and I expected more power and passion.
I thought is was very original but wasn't a big fan of the first half. I adored the steps (she hit the accents of the music perfectly) and the ending (not the splat on the 3S though). Overall, not her best program and not nearly good as her Mozart LP from the previous year which, IMO, was magical.

V/M will skate to some Russian classical ballet, composed by Alexander Glazunov and Alexander Scriabin (I admit I never heard of them Embarassed )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:21 pm

Lady_in_black wrote:

I thought is was very original but wasn't a big fan of the first half. I adored the steps (she hit the accents of the music perfectly) and the ending (not the splat on the 3S though). Overall, not her best program and not nearly good as her Mozart LP from the previous year which, IMO, was magical.

V/M will skate to some Russian classical ballet, composed by Alexander Glazunov and Alexander Scriabin (I admit I never heard of them Embarassed )

I agree with you on her Mozart program, it was great (and I can't stand Mozart).

I'm so excited about V/M program (and I don't even like them Razz ). Glazunov's most famous ballet is Raymonda, I love this ballet.Dance Hopefully Marina won't ruin this like she did their Carmen. 
I have to admit that I've never heard of Scriabin either.Embarassed 

God I hope that D/W will bring some magical programs and win the Games.cheers  Have they announced their programs yet? There were rumours that their FD is Scherezade. It looks like Scherezade is the new Carmen.Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:46 pm

Interesting choice for VM, well, Scriabin is quite famous in Russia. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qfLYOdp7ig
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XabP8uAWgy8 Prometheus is the most popular one Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:22 pm

V/M are using Glazunov's ballet Seasons and Scriabin's Piano Concerto in F-sharp minor. the music was specially arranged for them.
Source:
http://www.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130805&content_id=55949358&vkey=ice_news
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:39 pm

Why haven't I watched this? <3 <3 <3

Even when you have raised up the temperature up to 99 degrees, it is said the water can never get to the boiling point if you fail to have the last one degree get past 99. The thing that boils the water is the last one degree. [The key to a success] is none other than enduring that last 1 minute when you feel like giving up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:52 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:08 pm