HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 2013-2014 season programs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
polly10



Posts : 88
Join date : 2010-05-06

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:36 am

love miki's dress.. she looks gorgeous, a little tentative which is understandable.. and im impress w/ radionova.. Shocked 

i guess we can crown ashley wagner as the the winner in TEB!?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3544
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:15 am

polly10 wrote:
love miki's dress.. she looks gorgeous, a little tentative which is understandable.. and im impress w/ radionova.. Shocked 

i guess we can crown ashley wagner as the the winner in TEB!?
I'm absolutely in love with Radionova. I've been crazy about her since last season, but holy cow has she improved.Dance 

I wouldn't crown her that quickly. Yes Yuna is out, however, Adelina is still competing there. And she has everything, 3-3, fantastic spins, great musicality/interpretation, all she needs to do, is keep it together. So I'd call Ashley a favourite, but not the winner just yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip


Posts : 331
Join date : 2008-03-12
Age : 25
Location : canada

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:05 pm

let`s talk wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
Sometimes, I have moments of weakness and wish that Mao would go down the "Yuna route". 
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?41458-Senior-Ladies-FS-2013-2014-Base-Value&p=762497&viewfull=1#post762497

1. Mao Asada: 68.65 (I considered the layout she used at 2013 Worlds and WTT because she has already said that her layout will be almost the same)
2. Courtney Hicks: 62.83 (2013 Glacier Falls with the 3F+3T at the beginning)
3. Gracie Gold: 62.11 (2013 Skate Milwaukee with the 2A+3T in the second half)
4. Elena Radionova: 61.90
5. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva: 61.61 (she never usually changes her layout, I considered the 2A+3T in the second half as she did last season; I considered a level3 LSp)
6. Zijun Li: 61.20
7. Satoko Miyahara: 61.12
8. Akiko Suzuki: 60.85 (I considered the one she attempted at her summer competition, but she could add a second loop instead of the salchow)
9. Ashley Wagner: 60.03 (she moved the 3Lz to the second half and added the 3Lo+2A last season and I think that she'll keep these layout b/c they worked well)
10. Anna Pogorilaya: 60.02 (as suggested by AlexRus, adding the 2 points of the ChSq to her Junior Worlds BV, but she could change her layout for her Senior debut)
11. Alena Leonova: 59.35 (she almost never changed her layout during these last years except for the spins, so I thought that I could already consider it)
12. Kexin Zhang: 59.33
13. Samantha Cesario: 59.16
14. Kiira Korpi: 58.91 (I considered her injury-free layout, with lutz and flip)
15. Mirai Nagasu: 58.71 (2013 Glacier Falls)
16. Yu-Na Kim: 58.22 (last year's layout, that won't probably change, with a level 3 LSp)
17. Kaetlyn Osmons: 57.05 (I considered the 3F+2T in the first half as last season)
18. Caroline Zhang: 56.72 (I added her because her layout never changed during the last couple of years)
19. Elene Gedevanishvili: 50.70 (I calculated this basing on what she attempted in the video posted in the programs thread, but there isn't any 3-jumps combo so it may become slightly higher with +1.3/1.43 of a 2T or +1.8/1.98 of a 2Lo)

I don't think Mao would want to be #17 in the world rank of prog's difficulties (a.k.a Base Value) in the Olympic season. Or any season. Cheering

Besides, junior Medvedeva, Edmunds and Sakhanovich already challenged more difficult progs in JGP-2013 than the current WC. One more scandal a la Evan is  simply unaccetable for the future of this sport.
Shocked  How long did this take you?? Good job though Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
let`s talk
Double Axel
Double Axel


Posts : 189
Join date : 2011-06-08
Location : Japan, Tokyo.

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:21 am

^ That wasn't me. It was FSGMT's work (see the link Wink ).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel


Posts : 839
Join date : 2011-02-19

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:18 pm

Programs change half-way through the season:

Gracie Gold: changed SP to 'Grieg Piano Concerto in A minor'
Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4idjEkR-Bs8

Kanako: changed SP to 'Violin muse' (her 11-12 SP)
Probably won't see the SP until Jpn national, but source of info from here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8Nf8MWRPdk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel


Posts : 886
Join date : 2012-03-31
Location : Hanoi, Vietnam

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:23 pm

I think Carol is also changing her LP? I wonder what the skaters or choreographers were thinking when they chose the programs which would be discarded half-way through the season.

_________________
Even when you have raised up the temperature up to 99 degrees, it is said the water can never get to the boiling point if you fail to have the last one degree get past 99. The thing that boils the water is the last one degree. [The key to a success] is none other than enduring that last 1 minute when you feel like giving up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3544
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:15 am

pearlyriver wrote:
I think Carol is also changing her LP? I wonder what the skaters or choreographers were thinking when they chose the programs which would be discarded half-way through the season.

Well, to be honest she ain't no Scherezade, so getting rid of it, is a good decision. However, if she goes back to Bolero she'll need to take the posing out and bring in transitions, otherwise it won't do her any good. Mao's LP is packed, I assume so is Yuna's (I haven't watched her LP yet), RFed wants Julia on the podium (and she has a good LP), so it won't be easy for Caro, IMO.

COHK wrote:
Kanako: changed SP to 'Violin muse' (her 11-12 SP)

Hm, it's similar to her LP. I wonder how judges will see this.

I am so dreading Japan's Nats. It's going to be horrible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel


Posts : 886
Join date : 2012-03-31
Location : Hanoi, Vietnam

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:38 am

zarinaballerina wrote:

Well, to be honest she ain't no Scherezade, so getting rid of it, is a good decision. However, if she goes back to Bolero she'll need to take the posing out and bring in transitions, otherwise it won't do her any good. Mao's LP is packed, I assume so is Yuna's (I haven't watched her LP yet), RFed wants Julia on the podium (and she has a good LP), so it won't be easy for Caro, IMO.


I think Julia's choreographer, Ilia Averbukh did a very good job in hiding her weakness (lack of projection) by letting her draw stars in the SP  Yep! and having her portray the lonely red-dressed girl in Schinder's List. He may also play a role in making her performance more refined and elegant. I wonder how he would do if he gets to work with skaters who already has good artistry and musicality like Caro, Yuna and Mao.

_________________
Even when you have raised up the temperature up to 99 degrees, it is said the water can never get to the boiling point if you fail to have the last one degree get past 99. The thing that boils the water is the last one degree. [The key to a success] is none other than enduring that last 1 minute when you feel like giving up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3544
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:44 am

pearlyriver wrote:


I think Julia's choreographer, Ilia Averbukh did a very good job in hiding her weakness (lack of projection) by letting her draw stars in the SP  Yep! and having her portray the lonely red-dressed girl in Schinder's List. He may also play a role in making her performance more refined and elegant. I wonder how he would do if he gets to work with skaters who already has good artistry and musicality like Caro, Yuna and Mao.

And this is what I find confusing. Ilya gave two good programs to Julia, but gave a nightmare of a LP to Adelina.  confused  I really don't get it. It's an Olympic season, their country is hosting the Games, Adelina is a good skater who does just like Julia have a shot at a medal (well, she needs to get her nerves under control), but instead of Ilya giving her a great program, which would get good PCS and would move the judges, he gave her that weird techno or whatever it is, LP.
IMO, Adelina should go back to her old Liebestraume LP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3137
Join date : 2008-10-16
Age : 27
Location : Russia,Spb

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:00 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:


I think Julia's choreographer, Ilia Averbukh did a very good job in hiding her weakness (lack of projection) by letting her draw stars in the SP  Yep! and having her portray the lonely red-dressed girl in Schinder's List. He may also play a role in making her performance more refined and elegant. I wonder how he would do if he gets to work with skaters who already has good artistry and musicality like Caro, Yuna and Mao.

And this is what I find confusing. Ilya gave two good programs to Julia, but gave a nightmare of a LP to Adelina.  confused  I really don't get it. It's an Olympic season, their country is hosting the Games, Adelina is a good skater who does just like Julia have a shot at a medal (well, she needs to get her nerves under control), but instead of Ilya giving her a great program, which would get good PCS and would move the judges, he gave her that weird techno or whatever it is, LP.
IMO, Adelina should go back to her old Liebestraume LP.
I think you misunderstood something Ilya didn't make Adelina's programs it was Petr Chernyshov  Smile 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop


Posts : 785
Join date : 2009-05-19
Age : 30
Location : Wonderland

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:37 pm

COHK wrote:
Programs change half-way through the season:

Gracie Gold: changed SP to  'Grieg Piano Concerto in A minor'
Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4idjEkR-Bs8

Kanako: changed SP to 'Violin muse' (her 11-12 SP)
Probably won't see the SP until Jpn national, but source of info from here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8Nf8MWRPdk

Violin Muse? Aww in Facebook you said from last year and i was so hoping for prayer for tailor! But well.. ~ better than the previous one  Sweatdrop 

_________________
“To be able to grow and not be scared, the first thing you have to do is to experience anything and everything. This first thing you should do is have the courage to face your weak point. Then you will get real strength.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3544
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:54 pm

polosatik wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:


I think Julia's choreographer, Ilia Averbukh did a very good job in hiding her weakness (lack of projection) by letting her draw stars in the SP  Yep! and having her portray the lonely red-dressed girl in Schinder's List. He may also play a role in making her performance more refined and elegant. I wonder how he would do if he gets to work with skaters who already has good artistry and musicality like Caro, Yuna and Mao.

And this is what I find confusing. Ilya gave two good programs to Julia, but gave a nightmare of a LP to Adelina.  confused  I really don't get it. It's an Olympic season, their country is hosting the Games, Adelina is a good skater who does just like Julia have a shot at a medal (well, she needs to get her nerves under control), but instead of Ilya giving her a great program, which would get good PCS and would move the judges, he gave her that weird techno or whatever it is, LP.
IMO, Adelina should go back to her old Liebestraume LP.
I think you misunderstood something Ilya didn't make Adelina's programs it was Petr Chernyshov  Smile 

Well this makes sense now. I was sure it was Averbukh. scratch   Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop


Posts : 781
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Georgia, United States

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:01 pm

Gracies updated SP:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4idjEkR-Bs8

The first part is very Mao-esque (without Mao's grace), while the second is just plain Gracie (rhymes with crazy).  Laughing But an overall better music/performance than the first version.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel


Posts : 886
Join date : 2012-03-31
Location : Hanoi, Vietnam

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:36 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:


And this is what I find confusing. Ilya gave two good programs to Julia, but gave a nightmare of a LP to Adelina.  confused  I really don't get it. It's an Olympic season, their country is hosting the Games, Adelina is a good skater who does just like Julia have a shot at a medal (well, she needs to get her nerves under control), but instead of Ilya giving her a great program, which would get good PCS and would move the judges, he gave her that weird techno or whatever it is, LP.
IMO, Adelina should go back to her old Liebestraume LP.

Did Tat design her Liebestraum dress? She looked like a walking garland  Who, me? But her fashion sense also leaves a lot to desire IMO.

_________________
Even when you have raised up the temperature up to 99 degrees, it is said the water can never get to the boiling point if you fail to have the last one degree get past 99. The thing that boils the water is the last one degree. [The key to a success] is none other than enduring that last 1 minute when you feel like giving up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel


Posts : 839
Join date : 2011-02-19

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:13 pm

The Jpn news in the following link talks about the Nocturne by Chopin (Opus 9 nº2)

http://sochi.sports.yahoo.co.jp/column/detail/201402030001-spnavi

According to it, the music source of Mao's 06-07 Nocturne was by V. Ashkenazy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG-OQNXQxYg

On the other hand, the music source of the Nocturne for the current season is by M. Pires:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1Cxpuy1Xz0
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel


Posts : 886
Join date : 2012-03-31
Location : Hanoi, Vietnam

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:29 pm

COHK wrote:
The Jpn news in the following link talks about the Nocturne by Chopin (Opus 9 nº2)

http://sochi.sports.yahoo.co.jp/column/detail/201402030001-spnavi

According to it, the music source of Mao's 06-07 Nocturne was by V. Ashkenazy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG-OQNXQxYg

On the other hand, the music source of the Nocturne for the current season is by M. Pires:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1Cxpuy1Xz0

Thanks for the update. I've been guessing forever who played Mao's Chopin pro. I didn't think that it was Pires. Her interpretation makes me visualize a beautiful lady playing the piano in a moon-lit room.

_________________
Even when you have raised up the temperature up to 99 degrees, it is said the water can never get to the boiling point if you fail to have the last one degree get past 99. The thing that boils the water is the last one degree. [The key to a success] is none other than enduring that last 1 minute when you feel like giving up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    

Back to top Go down
 
2013-2014 season programs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
 Similar topics
-
» Programs for 2013-2014 season
» The Rabbo Preview 2013/2014 - Welsh Regions
» Rabo Direct players to watch 2013/2014
» the mighty Amlin Challenge cup draw 2013-2014 - UPDATED
» VRTA U20 Series 2013/2014

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ballerina on Ice :: Figure Skating :: General News-
Jump to: