HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

2013-2014 season programs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:45 am

Quote :
I feel like such a dork, but I have a problem with quoting other poster's posts. Whenever I want to reply to them by quoting, the only option I'm given is to write in to their posts (in to the quote bracket). I don't know if it's my computer's fault or if I'm really an idiot (quite possibly:oops:), but I would really appreciate some help.

I tried to use the "quote button" which is shown in upper right side of a poster's message area and yes, it has caused the same problem as you mentioned. It's impossible to write in below the quoted message (pale orange area).

So, I used the "quote icon" (let me call it so to distinguish it form the above "quote button") which is in the third group of the icon bar shown above the Message Body ( the area you type in when you reply without quoting.) Sorry it may be confusing, but I hope you understand it.Sweatdrop

The steps I followed was: first copy a message you want to quote and past it in the Message Body. Then, select the pasted message (highlight) and press the "quote icon".

This time it was possible to write in below the quoted message. I don't know why the usual "quote" button does not work properly. No I hope it will be fixed soon, but meanwhile I think we have to follow some "manual" process to quote texts.

I also hope someone will have better suggestions or solutions. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:51 am

linglang wrote:
Quote :
I feel like such a dork, but I have a problem with quoting other poster's posts. Whenever I want to reply to them by quoting, the only option I'm given is to write in to their posts (in to the quote bracket). I don't know if it's my computer's fault or if I'm really an idiot (quite possibly:oops:), but I would really appreciate some help.

I tried to use the "quote button" which is shown in upper right side of a poster's message area and yes, it has caused the same problem as you mentioned. It's impossible to write in below the quoted message (pale orange area).

So, I used the "quote icon" (let me call it so to distinguish it form the above "quote button") which is in the third group of the icon bar shown above the Message Body ( the area you type in when you reply without quoting.) Sorry it may be confusing, but I hope you understand it.Sweatdrop

The steps I followed was: first copy a message you want to quote and past it in the Message Body. Then, select the pasted message (highlight) and press the "quote icon".

This time it was possible to write in below the quoted message. I don't know why the usual "quote" button does not work properly. No I hope it will be fixed soon, but meanwhile I think we have to follow some "manual" process to quote texts.

I also hope someone will have better suggestions or solutions. Very Happy
I had the same problem. It took a bit to figure it out. What I do is: to quote someone, just have your text pointer (that blinking line where your letters come out Razz) at the very end of the quote and then "insert line break". Hope this helps.

Mao Asada FanWub
I WILL tawk like a black person if anyone tawks SHIZ about ma boo.. Evil or Very Mad

To Mao doubters/haters:
Mao is the fabulous Swan Queenand you're fat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:23 pm

Thanx everyone for your help!Thank you!Daisies for you This will sound mean, but I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem.EmbarassedRazz

ilovethai thanx for your suggestion, at the moment it isn't working for me, but I do have some technical issues with my computer, so this might be the cause.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:20 am

If you have problems quoting using the new toolbars (they do look new to me), you can use bbcode directly. Just use the following:

Code:
[quote="username"] Text to quote [/quote]

Or if you have trouble remembering the code or have already used the toolbar buttons and dunno how to continue adding your text, click the last toolbar button -- the one which looks like a New Document icon. That will toggle between editor modes and let you edit easily.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:20 pm

Thanx roma, I'm using your suggesstion and it works. I hope that the issue with a quote button will resolve soon.Yep!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:28 pm

Sylvia @SylviaUnseen 57m
New programs of @Hannah_Miller1 are "Firebird" by Stravinsky (SP) & "Primavera" by Ludovico Einaudi (FS)

Sylvia @SylviaUnseen 1h
At last night's show in Vernon Hills, IL @GraceEGold debuted a new show program "All That Jazz" from Chicago, choreographed by Cindy Stuart.

OMG, I can see the jazz hands already. Just shoot me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:16 pm

helen91 wrote:
Sylvia @SylviaUnseen 57m
New programs of @Hannah_Miller1 are "Firebird" by Stravinsky (SP) & "Primavera" by Ludovico Einaudi (FS)

Sylvia @SylviaUnseen 1h
At last night's show in Vernon Hills, IL @GraceEGold debuted a new show program "All That Jazz" from Chicago, choreographed by Cindy Stuart.

My thoughts:

Hannah:flowerVery HappyI love her and I think both of the programs fit her well!

Gracie: I really don't know what to think. On one hand, this fits her better the Sleeping Beauty. On the other hand, I hope she interprets this better than her SP this year. I think she and Hannah should switch SPs...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:55 am

helen91 wrote:
Sylvia @SylviaUnseen 57m

Sylvia @SylviaUnseen 1h

Does this mean that this time we'll see her marching with jazz hands instead of impersonating a soldier?Yikes!!!Razz

I don't know, maybe her SP is going to be great, but until I see it, like you, I have visions of jazz hands with possible marching.

I hope both of her programs will be great, because I really, really want to see her kick Ashley's butt.Twisted Evil

I'm not familiar with Hannah's LP, I'm going to check it on youtube. I really like her, so I hope it's a great music.

Edit: I've just realized that the twitter said Gracie debuted a new show program, not short program (I really shouldn't read this forum before my morning doze of coffe:oops:), so I have hope that she has a killer SP which she hasn't announced yet.Worship
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:47 am

[quote=helen91]New programs of @Hannah_Miller1 are "Firebird" by Stravinsky (SP) & "Primavera" by Ludovico Einaudi (FS)[/quote]
DanceLove I adore Einaudi's music, I think it will be great for her!! I was dreaming for Caro to skate to this music, but I hope hannah will do a great job!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:56 am

Mao2012 wrote:
I adore Einaudi's music, I think it will be great for her!! I was dreaming for Caro to skate to this music, but I hope hannah will do a great job!

I just listened to this piece on youtube and I agree, it's a great piece, however it reminds of her last season's LP, Havasi's The Storm. I'm really curious though, to see what she'll do with The Firebird.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:26 am

Phewww... that was a close one. Imagine Gracie wavin dem jazz hands in front of the judges in the Olympics. HahahahhhRolling EyesLaughing

Mao Asada FanWub
I WILL tawk like a black person if anyone tawks SHIZ about ma boo.. Evil or Very Mad

To Mao doubters/haters:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
helen91
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:44 pm

ilovethai wrote:
Phewww... that was a close one. Imagine Gracie wavin dem jazz hands in front of the judges in the Olympics. HahahahhhRolling EyesLaughing

Or at Nationals to get her to Olys. "Oh she fell and bunch of times so her TES will be low, but OH LOOK! Jazz hands! 10 for choreo! It takes skill to both skate and do jazz hands, 10 for SS! We can save her by giving her high PCS and justify it with her amazing choreography and interpretation! Don't worry, we judges have got you covered, your Olympic spot is secured!"

Is that too mean? Probably. I'm no saint, I'll admit to that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:34 pm

Akiko just announced her music of the 13-14/Oly season on her blog:

http://ameblo.jp/suzuki-akko/entry-11564273913.html
SP: 愛の讃歌 (~HYMNE A L`AMOUR)
FP Phantom of the Opera

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:32 pm

COHK wrote:
Akiko just announced her music of the 13-14/Oly season on her blog:

http://ameblo.jp/suzuki-akko/entry-11564273913.html
SP: 愛の讃歌 (~HYMNE A L`AMOUR)
FP Phantom of the Opera

My French is nonexistent but "Hymn to a love" sounded alright when I youtubed it. Hope I heard the version she's using and not some other random version. I like how she's using 2 quite different pieces of music for her 2 programs: poetic and romantic short program and passionate and intense free skate Confetti

Mao Asada FanWub

To Mao doubters/haters:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:42 am

I remember Kanako saying, "The music I'd most like to skate with is Phantom of the Opera"
So if someone chooses that music for this season, I thought it would be Kanako...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:23 pm

Kaetlyn Osmond's new programs for Oly season:
SP -- Sweet Charity
FS -- Cleopatra

source: http://fr.video.sympatico.ca/actualites/watch/fabrique-au-quebec/2536901539001?sort=date&page=1#.Ud5BJfkwfjW
(with preview to her new dresses)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ElleluvsL
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:30 am

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Daisuke's new programs yet.

SP: Mamoru Samuragochi's Sonatina for Violin

FS: Beatles medley

The short is choreographed by Kenji Miyamoto and the free by Lori Nichol. No Morozov programs this time Hell, no!

I'm really excited for the SP, I think that if Dai performs it perfectly at Olys, he could really bring everyone to tears with that music. The FS I'm not so excited about yet.

I have never seen such a hard worker as Mao. She is a role model for me, and she inspires everyone." -Takahiko Kozuka
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:08 pm

I love Daisukes sp music, it's soooo beautiful. couldn't help but wish that Mao was the one skating to it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:42 pm

ElleluvsL wrote:
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Daisuke's new programs yet.

SP: Mamoru Samuragochi's Sonatina for Violin
FS: Beatles medley

The short is choreographed by Kenji Miyamoto and the free by Lori Nichol. No Morozov programs this time Hell, no!

I'm really excited for the SP, I think that if Dai performs it perfectly at Olys, he could really bring everyone to tears with that music. The FS I'm not so excited about yet.

OMG, thank you so much for this news!Thank you!
I can't wait to see the SP, Miyamoto and Dai is a match made in heaven.Swoon I just wish he'd drop Lori and went back to Camerlengo. However I'm sooo over the moon about him NOT using Morozov that I'm even being positive about his Beatles medley. Whatever Lori gave him, it CAN'T possibly be worse than Morozov's "choreography".Hell, no!

If Dai skates his SP to perfection at Oly's, not only will he bring audience to their tears, but he'll also beat Chan's score with ease, IMO.Yep!

How I wish there could be multiple Oly's medals like there are for swimming and skiing. My dream podium namely consists of (in random order):
Javi,
Dai,
Yuzu,
Denis (he deserves it after the screw up he got at worlds),
Taka (when he's perfect like at 2011 worlds where he's beaten Patty's TES, he's right up there fighting for medals).

So you see my problem, too many skaters, not enough medals.Depressed Crying
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:38 am

http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/20130712/fig13071219010001-n1.html
Taka's SP is unsquare dance (not news) and it's choreographed by Shae Lynn Bourne.
During PIW, ppl asked him why (choosing Shae Lynn) and he said he contacted Shae Lynn because he thought there is something only Shae Lynn can bring on the ice.

btw, seeing ppl joking about Dai announced his music choices right before going to US (meet Morozov) is because he didn't want to have Morozov programs LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:53 am

shikure wrote:
http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/20130712/fig13071219010001-n1.html
Taka's SP is unsquare dance (not news) and it's choreographed by Shae Lynn Bourne.
During PIW, ppl asked him why (choosing Shae Lynn) and he said he contacted Shae Lynn because he thought there is something only Shae Lynn can bring on the ice.

btw, seeing ppl joking about Dai announced his music choices right before going to US (meet Morozov) is because he didn't want to have Morozov programs LOL

Hahahaha ROTFLMAO

Oh I'm so thrilled to see Dai's SP done by Kenji Miyamoto. I'm sure he will put unique choreographic movements of all his own in the program. DanceEncore
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:44 am

shikure wrote:

ROTFLMAO Smart decision either way. I just hope it stays this way and we won't get a repeat of last season when he changed to Morozov's atrocity in mid season.pale
IMO, anyone is better than Morozov in choreography department. It seems that quite a few skaters are running away from his "choreography". First Lipnitskaia, now Dai (thank God), Radionova also chose Averbukh (I don't know though if she's ever worked with Kolya). Now what would it take for Amodio to do the same and epsecially Ilinykh/Katsalapov. These two should run away from Morozov as far as possible, IMO. They had that special something before Morozov ruined them.

I just wish the judges would open their eyes for once and stop giving ridiculous scores for Morozov's nonexisting transitions and choreography. Shaking your hips and making "sexy faces" does not count as transition.Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:25 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
shikure wrote:

ROTFLMAO Smart decision either way. I just hope it stays this way and we won't get a repeat of last season when he changed to Morozov's atrocity in mid season.pale
IMO, anyone is better than Morozov in choreography department. It seems that quite a few skaters are running away from his "choreography". First Lipnitskaia, now Dai (thank God), Radionova also chose Averbukh (I don't know though if she's ever worked with Kolya). Now what would it take for Amodio to do the same and epsecially Ilinykh/Katsalapov. These two should run away from Morozov as far as possible, IMO. They had that special something before Morozov ruined them.

I just wish the judges would open their eyes for once and stop giving ridiculous scores for Morozov's nonexisting transitions and choreography. Shaking your hips and making "sexy faces" does not count as transition.Mad
Woot!Yep!Thumbs up!CheeringYou expressed my feeling perfectly! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:10 am

For anyone who's interested in Kozuka's new SP, here's the preview:
(Mai interviewed Kozuka in her Sport news program "My sports")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpyTDD1fod4
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:49 am

^ Thanx for posting the video.

Is Mai employed at this TV station full time, or is she only accasionally doing a piece on figure skating/skaters?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2013-2014 season programs    

Back to top Go down

2013-2014 season programs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next