HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 The Ice 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 2262
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : denmark

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:09 am

Does anyone know whether Mao is going to attend a camp, I would love to see her work with Nagakubo again. I remember Mao last year talking about the possibility of attending his camp.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3545
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:30 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
Does anyone know whether Mao is going to attend a camp, I would love to see her work with Nagakubo again. I remember Mao last year talking about the possibility of attending his camp.

I'm not sure if that's possible. If I remember correctly, she stopped working with him, because his approach to technicque is different than Sato's, and since Sato is her coach, she left Nagakubo. It's a shame, cause she would really benefit from jump specialist.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 2262
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : denmark

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:48 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
Does anyone know whether Mao is going to attend a camp, I would love to see her work with Nagakubo again. I remember Mao last year talking about the possibility of attending his camp.

I'm not sure if that's possible. If I remember correctly, she stopped working with him, because his approach to technicque is different than Sato's, and since Sato is her coach, she left Nagakubo. It's a shame, cause she would really benefit from jump specialist.

I feel the same way, that's why I was hoping that she would join his summer camp atleast. I wish there were more practice pictures from sato and Mao training together, or atleast some interviewer who would ask her about her training routine and how Sato and Mao prepare for competition, I would love to hear more about it. recently I can't help but feel that the interviewers are wasting such a good opportunity, to ask some really interesting questions:livid: and instead keep asking the same things, hopefully there will be more info once the new season begins.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tripleaxelqueen

avatar

Posts : 56
Join date : 2013-03-17

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:01 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
Does anyone know whether Mao is going to attend a camp, I would love to see her work with Nagakubo again. I remember Mao last year talking about the possibility of attending his camp.

I'm not sure if that's possible. If I remember correctly, she stopped working with him, because his approach to technicque is different than Sato's, and since Sato is her coach, she left Nagakubo. It's a shame, cause she would really benefit from jump specialist.

I feel the same way, that's why I was hoping that she would join his summer camp atleast. I wish there were more practice pictures from sato and Mao training together, or atleast some interviewer who would ask her about her training routine and how Sato and Mao prepare for competition, I would love to hear more about it. recently I can't help but feel that the interviewers are wasting such a good opportunity, to ask some really interesting questions:livid: and instead keep asking the same things, hopefully there will be more info once the new season begins.


There is a big conflict of interest with Nagakubo, I think he is the coach of another Olympic hopeful Akiko. And Akiko has been loyal to him, so I think he is keeping his tricks for Akiko. Also, isn't Sato also a technical coach, I think Mao's jumps have improved with him. I think Mao has the technique, she just needs to overcome the mental aspect.
Also, if Nagakubo is a jump specialist, I do wonder, why sometimes my girl Akiko has problems with her jumps? Honest question is her technique good. I asked this because I don't know a lot about jumps and technique. I love Akiko she is my second favorite skater after Mao.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 2262
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : denmark

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:17 pm

tripleaxelqueen wrote:
There is a big conflict of interest with Nagakubo, I think he is the coach of another Olympic hopeful Akiko. And Akiko has been loyal to him, so I think  he is keeping his tricks for Akiko. Also, isn't Sato also a technical coach, I think Mao's jumps have improved with him. I think Mao has the technique, she just needs to overcome the mental aspect.
Also, if Nagakubo is a jump specialist, I do wonder, why sometimes my girl Akiko has problems with her jumps? Honest question is her technique good. I asked this because I don't know a lot about jumps and technique. I love Akiko she is my second favorite skater after Mao.


This, made once again realize how dangerous it can be to join a coach who is already training another elite skater, and who has been training another skater for much longer. Thinking about it now, Mao probably made the right choice by choosing Sato.

I think with Akiko it's all mentally. Akiko would probably benefit alot from having an extra coach who is more in charge of making her mentally prepared for competition.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tripleaxelqueen

avatar

Posts : 56
Join date : 2013-03-17

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:12 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
tripleaxelqueen wrote:
There is a big conflict of interest with Nagakubo, I think he is the coach of another Olympic hopeful Akiko. And Akiko has been loyal to him, so I think  he is keeping his tricks for Akiko. Also, isn't Sato also a technical coach, I think Mao's jumps have improved with him. I think Mao has the technique, she just needs to overcome the mental aspect.
Also, if Nagakubo is a jump specialist, I do wonder, why sometimes my girl Akiko has problems with her jumps? Honest question is her technique good. I asked this because I don't know a lot about jumps and technique. I love Akiko she is my second favorite skater after Mao.


This, made once again realize how dangerous it can be to join a coach who is already training another elite skater, and who has been training another skater for much longer. Thinking about it now, Mao probably made the right choice by choosing Sato.

I think with Akiko it's all mentally. Akiko would probably benefit alot from having an extra coach who is more in charge of making her mentally prepared for competition.

Exactly, and I think Akiko and Nagakubo might have a strong bond, because for what I can tell even when Akiko was not producing the good results she is bringing now they did not part ways that is mayor. For the most part when a skater is not winning they change coaches and Akiko did not do that
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1505
Join date : 2010-04-27

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:12 pm

clockreact wrote:
i made a switch from the traditional mk phantom blades to the mk phantom revolutions (the type that mao currently use) and it did take a bit of time to get accustom to, but yet again i didn't train everyday so i'm sure mao will be fine for the olympic season... that 3f she did in her EX already proves that she is already getting used to the blade! the thing with this blade is that parts of the blade is replaced with carbon fibre (the part that is attached to the boot) which makes it lighter. the blade profile doesn't change so it is easier to transition. mao used john wilson pattern 99 and they also make that model in the revolutions. i'm guessing she didn't change the profile of the blade so the only thing that really changed is parts of the blade is made of a lighter material... hope this helps! Smile

Thanks clockreact for the details about her new blades. It's good to know that the profile is the same as before and it's easier to transition. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1505
Join date : 2010-04-27

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:14 pm

josling wrote:
Laughing Many Hearts 


Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 518
Join date : 2009-01-08
Location : Germany (NRW)

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:50 am

OMG, her arms are soo beautiful!!! Mushy Love 



Also the program with Jeff looks like so much fun!! Can't wait so see all this!! Happy dance 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel


Posts : 839
Join date : 2011-02-19

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:51 am

Two videos promoting the broadcasting of THE ICE 2013 tomorrow (the 1st 2 shows):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc91PhNjZAc&sns=tw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tcRRqlf2cA

(hopefully someone will be kind enough to provide clips of the broadcasting Worship )

And then, it took a while for the news of today's Osaka shows to come out:
http://www.47news.jp/CN/201307/CN2013072701001992.html
http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/f-sp-tp0-20130727-1164163.html

It turned out...the 1st show was not open to the media. The news says Mao landed 3A with her new SP in the 1st show (though in the Jpn twitter/2ch ppl said the 3A didn't have a clear landing). Also, it was not mentioned in the news (but from 2ch), Mao had a second new dress to the Nocturne (a very pretty light purple one) Alas, there probably won't be any photo on the 2nd new dress...Snow 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
let`s talk
Double Axel
Double Axel
avatar

Posts : 189
Join date : 2011-06-08
Location : Japan, Tokyo.

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:37 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU4x2LWDDh8
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 2262
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : denmark

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:47 pm

let`s talk wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU4x2LWDDh8


let's talk have you been to the show, or if you are going, I would love to hear your report Thumbs up! Happy dance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel


Posts : 839
Join date : 2011-02-19

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:43 pm

Thanks to "眼鏡ネコ ‏@stingrs" on twitter:

http://twitpic.com/d529am
(image of Mao's 2nd new dress to the nocturne)



adding: news this morning
http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/p-sp-tp0-20130728-1164332.html
(In the report, it confirms that the jump layout of both SP/FS will be the same as last season. The challenge is to jump "8-triple")
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 247
Join date : 2012-11-25

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:44 pm

COHK wrote:
Thanks to "眼鏡ネコ ‏@stingrs" on twitter:

http://twitpic.com/d529am
(image of Mao's 2nd new dress to the nocturne)



adding: news this morning
http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/p-sp-tp0-20130728-1164332.html
(In the report, it confirms that the jump layout of both SP/FS will be the same as last season. The challenge is to jump "8-triple")

how lovely!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1810
Join date : 2009-05-07
Location : la-la-land

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:57 am

COHK wrote:
Thanks to "眼鏡ネコ ‏@stingrs" on twitter:

http://twitpic.com/d529am
(image of Mao's 2nd new dress to the nocturne)



adding: news this morning
http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/p-sp-tp0-20130728-1164332.html
(In the report, it confirms that the jump layout of both SP/FS will be the same as last season. The challenge is to jump "8-triple")

OMG! I need to see Mao wearing this!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 2262
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : denmark

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:33 am

COHK wrote:
Thanks to "眼鏡ネコ ‏@stingrs" on twitter:

http://twitpic.com/d529am
(image of Mao's 2nd new dress to the nocturne)



adding: news this morning
http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/p-sp-tp0-20130728-1164332.html
(In the report, it confirms that the jump layout of both SP/FS will be the same as last season. The challenge is to jump "8-triple")

wow this looks absolutely GOURGES
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1035
Join date : 2008-11-18
Age : 32
Location : Montreal, Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:55 am

COHK wrote:
chiyori wrote:
This might have been answered before but I don't have time to read the entire thread. When is the show being broadcasted?

The Aichi performance will be broadcasted this Sunday (7/28) on 中京テレビ (only the 85-min version). The Osaka one will be broadcasted on (8/1) on Fuji (but only 1 hr). The full version will be on (8/17)

Yay! So there could be videos some time today? Can't wait!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 428
Join date : 2012-06-10

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:45 am

Yes, I can't wait!

Kaitlyn, Mirai & Gracie Laugh 


Thank you, COHK!
That costume seems to be much more suited to Mao Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 518
Join date : 2009-01-08
Location : Germany (NRW)

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:17 pm

First video oft the show: Kevin Reynolds + an encore with Adelina:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=IJOqyAzZnUo

Got this link from FSU.. There is also a short report of one member if you're interested!! Wink

Hope we can see Mao's performances soon!! Yep, Sadly 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
avatar

Posts : 839
Join date : 2009-07-07
Location : Place of Happiness :D

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:49 pm

I can't wait for vids!!! Come on Youtube!

http://youtu.be/nSb26rU1wIE
This is TSL: they discuss Mao's show and her programs. I haven't watched it in full yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tripleaxelqueen

avatar

Posts : 56
Join date : 2013-03-17

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:16 pm

sapphiresky wrote:
I can't wait for vids!!! Come on Youtube!

http://youtu.be/nSb26rU1wIE
This is TSL: they discuss Mao's show and her programs. I haven't watched it in full yet.

I am fan of TSL, but Jenny piss me off with her comment about Mao not having a chance to win OGM. I like how Dave reminded her how you can never count Mao out. By the way it seems like Dave is a big Mao fan, even if he does not come out and say it because he wants to try to be objective.

I like Jenny and her analysis but her comment today was annoying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 2262
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : denmark

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:17 pm

Tripleaxelqueen wrote:
sapphiresky wrote:
I can't wait for vids!!! Come on Youtube!

http://youtu.be/nSb26rU1wIE
This is TSL: they discuss Mao's show and her programs. I haven't watched it in full yet.

I am fan of TSL, but Jenny piss me off with her comment about Mao not having a chance to win OGM. I like how Dave reminded her how you can never count Mao out. By the way it seems like Dave is a big Mao fan, even if he does not come out and say it because he wants to try to be objective.

I like Jenny and her analysis but her comment today was annoying.

ITA, I just watched it, and to me when it comes to most skaters jenny can be objective but when it's about Mao and yuna it's clear where she stands. her comments today really were annoying and biased, she had no real arguments to support her views.

Where on the other hand Dave appeared just the opposite way, by giving reasonable arguments. I especially found his comments about Mao components rising if she has a good start very interesting. The last couple of years has clearly shown how a good start can give a good boost in components regardless of who the judges prefer. a boost like that could make a huge difference and turn everything around. after all it's the subjective part of the scoring that keeps holding Mao down.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1505
Join date : 2010-04-27

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:14 am

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTg4NDEyMTky.html

Huge 3Lo Rockstar Dance Cheering
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel


Posts : 893
Join date : 2010-02-27
Age : 26
Location : Bucharest, Romania

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:22 am

ballerinamao wrote:
Where on the other hand Dave appeared just the opposite way, by giving reasonable arguments. I especially found his comments about Mao components rising if she has a good start very interesting. The last couple of years has clearly shown how a good start can give a good boost in components regardless of who the judges prefer. a boost like that could make a huge difference and turn everything around. after all it's the subjective part of the scoring that keeps holding Mao down.

Dave was spot on with his comments. A good season can position a skater to the gold medal. I said it before, the judges were ready at 2013 Worlds to give Mao the gold, since she was the best in the season so far. Yuna skated clean and she didn't crack 70 points in the SP. They were saving the big numbers for Mao/Caro since Yuna was absent for so long. Caro would have also beat her with a clean and easier SP. Had Mao nailed her SP, she would have been around 75 in the SP and much, much closer to Yuna's PCS in LP probably. After the SP, it was over. The "Yuna was back" was clear and the judges scored her like in the old times in the LP. The battle for gold was lost in the SP.
Just like the battle for gold in Vancouver was over for Mao even before the competition. Mao's bad start in 2009-2010 season almost got her to lose the silver medal. She landed the 3A combo and two 3A in the LP and just barely beat a flawed Joannie. This proved that the status going into the Olympics is huge. She really needs a good start this time around.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 247
Join date : 2012-11-25

PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:01 am

Lady_in_black wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
Where on the other hand Dave appeared just the opposite way, by giving reasonable arguments. I especially found his comments about Mao components rising if she has a good start very interesting. The last couple of years has clearly shown how a good start can give a good boost in components regardless of who the judges prefer. a boost like that could make a huge difference and turn everything around. after all it's the subjective part of the scoring that keeps holding Mao down.

Dave was spot on with his comments. A good season can position a skater to the gold medal. I said it before, the judges were ready at 2013 Worlds to give Mao the gold, since she was the best in the season so far. Yuna skated clean and she didn't crack 70 points in the SP. They were saving the big numbers for Mao/Caro since Yuna was absent for so long. Caro would have also beat her with a clean and easier SP. Had Mao nailed her SP, she would have been around 75 in the SP and much, much closer to Yuna's PCS in LP probably. After the SP,  it was over. The "Yuna was back" was clear and the judges scored her like in the old times in the LP. The battle for gold was lost in the SP.
Just like the battle for gold in Vancouver was over for Mao even before the competition. Mao's bad start in 2009-2010 season almost got her to lose the silver medal. She landed the 3A combo and two 3A in the LP and just barely beat a flawed Joannie. This proved that the status going into the Olympics is huge. She really needs a good start this time around.

I agree.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Ice 2013   

Back to top Go down
 
The Ice 2013
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Canadian Class of 2013 & 2014 - Top Prospects
» 2013 MINI Cooper Spy Shots
» Mini Mk3 hatchback (2013): the next generation spied
» Usain Bolt to look at Long Jump & 400m in 2013
» Draft, Salary Cap, Free Agents and Trade Procedure, Season 4 - 2013

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ballerina on Ice :: Figure Skating :: Competitions & Shows Discussion-
Jump to: