HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Zijun Li

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Zijun Li   Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:50 am

Allow me to make a thread for Zijun Very Happy . I had hoped that she'd skate to a tango this season to project herself more, and indeed she'll skate to Danzarin.

This looks very promising. Her layback and spins are amazing and she showed a new dimension of her skating.

I think she's lucky to have both good coaches and good choreographers. Her programs are often very age appropriate and suits her perfectly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Zijun Li   Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:34 am

Thank you for the videos. She's so lovely Love Hearts Love Hearts Love Hearts 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Zijun Li   Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:02 am

I really like Zijun. Lovely girl. Lovely skating. Lovely attitude. If she keeps on improving she'll definitely be on the podium someday or sooner. I just hope the puberty monster will be kind to her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Zijun Li   Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:07 pm

Many people like her. The Eurosport commentators kept raving about her. But the judge seemed to be unimpressed. I think they don't like the princess-like, subtlet or lighter-than air style. Her PCS at 4CC and Worlds were underscored. They seem to prefer powerful and athletic skaters like Caro or Yuna.
I hope she wouldn't have problem with puberty. Most Asian girls' bodies don't change much after puberty.

Even when you have raised up the temperature up to 99 degrees, it is said the water can never get to the boiling point if you fail to have the last one degree get past 99. The thing that boils the water is the last one degree. [The key to a success] is none other than enduring that last 1 minute when you feel like giving up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Zijun Li   Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:45 pm

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjA1NTYwMTA0.html
Here's Zijun's SP at the China Grand Prix. Tango is not her strength. She said in an interview that she wanted to skate to Nutcracker, but Lori felt that it was too mature for her. I don't get that. Nutcracker should be perfect for a graceful 16 year-old girl.

Even when you have raised up the temperature up to 99 degrees, it is said the water can never get to the boiling point if you fail to have the last one degree get past 99. The thing that boils the water is the last one degree. [The key to a success] is none other than enduring that last 1 minute when you feel like giving up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Zijun Li   Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:20 pm

pearlyriver wrote:
Here's Zijun's SP at the China Grand Prix. Tango is not her strength. She said in an interview that she wanted to skate to Nutcracker, but Lori felt that it was too mature for her. I don't get that. Nutcracker should be perfect for a graceful 16 year-old girl.
Zijun replied to her fans' inquiries that she hadn't been training systematically and that was her first time skating through the SP music.
Plus, it's obviously in the video that she might be injured with her left leg.
Hopefully she'll get better with the program as the season progress.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Zijun Li   Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:09 am

pearlyriver wrote:
Has Lori been smoking something? Nutcracker would be PERFECT for Zijun.Very Mad  How is Nutcracker (the ballet is great for kids by the way) too mature for a 16 year old, but Tango is OK...if anything, it should be the other way around. And for Lori's information, Nutracker is more than just the Sugar Plum fairy Pas de deux! Man, this would trully be perfect for Zijun.

What is her LP this season?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Zijun Li   Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:36 am

zarinaballerina wrote:

Has Lori been smoking something? Nutcracker would be PERFECT for Zijun.Very Mad  How is Nutcracker (the ballet is great for kids by the way) too mature for a 16 year old, but Tango is OK...if anything, it should be the other way around. And for Lori's information, Nutracker is more than just the Sugar Plum fairy Pas de deux! Man, this would trully be perfect for Zijun.

What is her LP this season?
Her LP is Coppelia. I've never watched it, and she hasn't debuted it either, so don't know what to expect. Uh, why do so many skaters go to Lori? This is Olympic season, and Lori has too many clients, so naturally she'll devote more to her favorite. I'm all for skaters experiementing and trying new things, but this season is not the right time to experiment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Zijun Li   Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:09 am

I came across this montage of Mao while searching for coppelia. Brilliant. This ballet piece fits Mao's style like a pair of gloves.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Zijun Li   Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:23 am

^ Wow I love the music and i agree it really fits Mao like a glove, lovely montage
Back to top Go down
View user profile
let`s talk
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Zijun Li   Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:28 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Zijun Li   Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:17 am

I've just watched her LP. The camera angle was really bad so I couldn't tell how good the choreography, step sequence and jumps were. But it's obvious that she was injured. Hope she'll get used to it soon. This program has the potential to bring the house down.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Zijun Li   Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:34 am

Thanks for the clips.  I want to wait to judge if I like her SP or not until when she will be able to skate it with her full potential.  And, I think it's good idea for her to venture out of her comfortable zone with music choice this season.  It's less likely that she will finish on the Olympic podium at Sochi anyway (but it's more likely that she will win an Olympic medal, hopefully OGM Cheering , in 2018 if she improves steadily as she has done so far). So trying something different now should be beneficial for her.  I just hope she will get better sooner and do not push herself too much when she's injured.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Zijun Li   Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:42 am

let`s talk wrote:
Her LP:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjA1OTU2Mzgw.html
Thank you for the link.
Gosh I hope she's OK, she just stopped performing for a little while after the fall on 3Lo.pale  She should rest and heal, so she'll be able to blow everyone away at GP and especially Oly's. But resting and healing is something Chinese federation has never heard off.Depressed Crying 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Zijun Li   Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:24 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zijun Li   

Back to top Go down

Zijun Li
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1