HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 1505
Join date : 2010-04-27

PostSubject: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:48 am

Short news clip on practice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVI1FLUMOg4

2A+3T & 3A cheersCheeringDance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 2262
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : denmark

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:56 am

linglang wrote:
Short news clip on practice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVI1FLUMOg4

2A+3T & 3A cheersCheeringDance
WOW!† her jumps look huge Boogie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop


Posts : 781
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Georgia, United States

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:01 am

ballerinamao wrote:
linglang wrote:
Short news clip on practice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVI1FLUMOg4

2A+3T & 3A cheersCheeringDance
WOW!† her jumps look huge Boogie
They sure do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip


Posts : 286
Join date : 2012-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:15 am

The 3A looks rotated!! Dance†I think that with Ashley, Kanako, Adelina (she looked great in her recent performances) it will be a great (and tough) competition! Go Mao!! Cheering
(please share all the practice clips that you find!! Thank you!†)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel


Posts : 839
Join date : 2011-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:53 am

(partial) practice report from sportsnavi:
(http://live.sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/live/sports/figureskate_all/1857/)

Mao -- started with routine practices checking, ran through the program without jumps, steps light to the melody. Practicing triple jumps afterwards with successful landing
Kanako -- like Mao, ran through her program without jumps. Landing 3-3 combination afterwards
Adelina -- landing 3-3, triples in 2nd half of the program, seems to be in good condition
Ashley -- fall on a 3-3, landing triples, there were 3 triples in the second half(?)

When everyone finished the practice and were on the rink side checking with their coaches, Mao was the only one keeping on practicing. And she hit a successful 3-3 and there were hand clapping.

Kawai Aya wrote in her blog (in Japanese, she sometimes works on the broadcasting of skating shows and competitions):
http://ameblo.jp/kawai-aya/entry-11627981897.html
She was at the practice of JO. And she wrote that Mao's steps will be the highlight. It is much more difficult than the StSq of Swan Lake.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel


Posts : 893
Join date : 2010-02-27
Age : 26
Location : Bucharest, Romania

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:00 am

Mao is looking good flower†3A is crisp and sharp AND most certainly fully rotated
I already feel a bit nostalgic since we all know this is her final season. Once we'll see her programs, we'll know there will be no more new competitive programs from Mao to wait for. This makes me sad but also a bit of adrenaline rush: this is Mao's last "final combat" and we, as long time fans, are "fighting" just behind her, supporting her always. No matter what!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip


Posts : 418
Join date : 2010-03-08
Location : Lima-Perķ

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:04 am

Mao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ConfettiCheeringHappy danceConfettiCheeringHappy dance

I can't wait to watch her DanceDanceDanceDance

_________________
When I watch Mao's skating I believe in God more!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 1505
Join date : 2010-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:06 am

Practice photos










Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 1810
Join date : 2009-05-07
Location : la-la-land

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:34 am

Short clip with 3F-3L: http://telly.com/19XVFPX

Youtube version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRtb6_GnD8E


Last edited by roma on Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip


Posts : 418
Join date : 2010-03-08
Location : Lima-Perķ

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:47 am

Lady_in_black wrote:
Mao is looking good flower†3A is crisp and sharp AND most certainly fully rotated
I already feel a bit nostalgic since we all know this is her final season. Once we'll see her programs, we'll know there will be no more new competitive programs from Mao to wait for. This makes me sad but also a bit of adrenaline rush: this is Mao's last "final combat" and we, as long time fans, are "fighting" just behind her, supporting her always. No matter what!
Well said Lady_in_black Mushy Love

_________________
When I watch Mao's skating I believe in God more!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip


Posts : 418
Join date : 2010-03-08
Location : Lima-Perķ

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:21 am

linglang wrote:
Practice photos










She looks really beauty Many Hearts† Thanks everyone for the updates Thank you!

_________________
When I watch Mao's skating I believe in God more!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 1505
Join date : 2010-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:24 am

Interview
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20131004-00000003-spnavi-spo

My feeling now is that the first competition of the season finally starts. [Turned 23 the other day] Nothing has changed since I turned 23.† I want to do my best to make a good season.† [howís it going] Iíve been doing run-throughs though, Iím not sure how things will develop because this is the first competition in the season. I want to make good use of lessons that I will learn at each† competition to do better at a following competition. [about jumps] I felt the rink was smaller in width than usual so I made some adjustment.† I checked take-off positions and I think itís OK. Iíve done run-throughs of FS so many times, so I donít feel itís going to be the first time for me to perform it (before the audience). I think the program has been ingrained in me and I hope I will be able to deliver it. [This is a culmination season for you] Now, I feel more like that the Olympic season is about to start.
[emotion in the last steps] Itís very strong and dynamic part, so I want to express the dynamism that I have now.† Iím helped by the program in many parts and I wish I could express the program with my emotion. [any difference from past seasons psychologically?] Not such a big difference.† I skated the program at practice today and I felt itís good and relieved.† I hope I will be able to skate with confidence.
[3A looks good] Towards the end of the practice, I thought too much and failed. But I was able to correct it, which was good. Jump layout is same as last season.† [doing 3A from the first competition] The goal is to do my best at each competition and I think itís good that I can set for it at highest level (of difficulty).† The level of perfection is different at times.† But I always aim at 100% or over.† I hope I will be able to generate momentum for the next competition.† Tomorrow, I will make sure that I will not get a level deduction, especially spins, I will complete all the way to receive level 4, and I will execute jumps that will give momentum for next competition.
[reasons why things look good] My conditions are sometimes good and sometimes bad.† It was good today.††To be honest, I'm anxious too if I will be OK at the first competition.† Iím looking forward to it. If I play the game in the way that will help me do better at a next competition, I will be able to do even better at Olympics.† I donít care about jump layout at all.† I care more about the entire program.† When I fail (jumps), I think about it myself and ask Sensei for advice.† But I try not to think too much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip


Posts : 418
Join date : 2010-03-08
Location : Lima-Perķ

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:43 am

linglang wrote:
Interview
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20131004-00000003-spnavi-spo

My feeling now is that the first competition of the season finally starts. [Turned 23 the other day] Nothing has changed since I turned 23.† I want to do my best to make a good season.† [howís it going] Iíve been doing run-throughs though, Iím not sure how things will develop because this is the first competition in the season. I want to make good use of lessons that I will learn at each† competition to do better at a following competition. [about jumps] I felt the rink was smaller in width than usual so I made some adjustment.† I checked take-off positions and I think itís OK. Iíve done run-throughs of FS so many times, so I donít feel itís going to be the first time for me to perform it (before the audience). I think the program has been ingrained in me and I hope I will be able to deliver it. [This is a culmination season for you] Now, I feel more like that the Olympic season is about to start.
[emotion in the last steps] Itís very strong and dynamic part, so I want to express the dynamism that I have now.† Iím helped by the program in many parts and I wish I could express the program with my emotion. [any difference from past seasons psychologically?] Not such a big difference.† I skated the program at practice today and I felt itís good and relieved.† I hope I will be able to skate with confidence.
[3A looks good] Towards the end of the practice, I thought too much and failed. But I was able to correct it, which was good. Jump layout is same as last season.† [doing 3A from the first competition] The goal is to do my best at each competition and I think itís good that I can set for it at highest level (of difficulty).† The level of perfection is different at times.† But I always aim at 100% or over.† I hope I will be able to generate momentum for the next competition.† Tomorrow, I will make sure that I will not get a level deduction, especially spins, I will complete all the way to receive level 4, and I will execute jumps that will give momentum for next competition.
[reasons why things look good] My conditions are sometimes good and sometimes bad.† It was good today.††To be honest, I'm anxious too if I will be OK at the first competition.† Iím looking forward to it. If I play the game in the way that will help me do better at a next competition, I will be able to do even better at Olympics.† I donít care about jump layout at all.† I care more about the entire program.† When I fail (jumps), I think about it myself and ask Sensei for advice.† But I try not to think too much.
Thank you!†linglang

_________________
When I watch Mao's skating I believe in God more!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3137
Join date : 2008-10-16
Age : 27
Location : Russia,Spb

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:11 pm

Oh My GOSH!!! Mao looks amazing!!!cheersThumbs up!WOW!Dance†Fingers crossed for tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 2262
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : denmark

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:23 pm

Here are two new clips, her 3A look mindbobling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbaoWEKJwvw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqUxd48C5jU
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 1298
Join date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:48 pm

Thanks for all the clips and photos! And thank you, linlang, for translating the interview cheers

Mao looks great so far! I'm excited for tomorrow (and nervous as well, because that jumping layout is still difficult as hell!)

BTW, I love the first photo from Ken Himura's post Swoon

_________________
Good luck, Mao!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop


Posts : 794
Join date : 2010-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:13 pm

As she gets older, she is getting more and more pretty LoveLove
Her jumps look so good, but I don't want to have big hopes cause we never know with the 3A.UnconsciousUnconscious
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip


Posts : 247
Join date : 2012-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:01 pm

3A is huge, everything looks great, keep going!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 2262
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : denmark

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:21 pm

AmazingGraceMao wrote:
3A is huge, everything looks great, keep going!!!
What I actually found most impressive is her ice coverage in her 2A-3T, it's just HUGE in every way, in the first clip she starts the jumps close to the borders and ends the combination close to the borders on the other side...


Last edited by ballerinamao on Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Czarace



Posts : 30
Join date : 2012-04-01
Location : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:30 pm

Does anybody know if there will be some live streams over the weekend for JO? Im from England, and I can't find any however much scouring I do! Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theczarisalive.blogspot.com
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop


Posts : 794
Join date : 2010-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:41 pm

Video of Mao's 3A, the same u guys posted, but the quality is better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnS5Wx106L4&feature=youtu.be
Back to top Go down
View user profile
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop


Posts : 761
Join date : 2012-11-25
Age : 16

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:18 pm

Thank you Dani-Chan! Encore†Her 3a looks really good!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip


Posts : 461
Join date : 2011-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:36 pm

Thanks everyone for the videos, excited to see Mao in good shape Smile Does anyone know what time the competition starts?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip


Posts : 418
Join date : 2010-03-08
Location : Lima-Perķ

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:39 pm

babayaga wrote:
Thanks everyone for the videos, excited to see Mao in good shape :)Does anyone know what time the competition starts?
Same question here QuestionDanceDanceDanceDance

By the way, nice to see you guys Yep!

_________________
When I watch Mao's skating I believe in God more!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop


Posts : 781
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Georgia, United States

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:17 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
Here are two new clips, her 3A look mindbobling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbaoWEKJwvw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqUxd48C5jU
Beautiful jumps. She got this. cheers

Keep up the confidence. You are your own competition Mao, not anyone else. Conquer your worries and fears, and you will be unstoppable. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Today at 7:18 am

Back to top Go down
 
Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 13Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
 Similar topics
-
» 2010 Japan Open
» Japan Open 2015 3 octobre 2015 Saitama Japon
» Japan Open 2013
» April 20th, Japan Open 2008 Gala - Carnival on Ice
» Japan Open & Carnival on Ice &Medal Winners Open 2012

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ballerina on Ice :: Figure Skating :: Competitions & Shows Discussion-
Jump to: