HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 NHK Trophy 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 785
Join date : 2009-05-19
Age : 31
Location : Wonderland

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:39 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:

The judges started to overscore Yuna since 2011, if you ask me. I mean the 150 at Olympics were well deserved, but since then, her jumps didnt change, and the entire program she has the same face expression silent  And for that 148 at the last worlds?
I disagree, IMO, since worlds 2007, she's been receiving higher scores than she deserved, but the oversocring started at 2009 worlds. Again, IMO, she did not deserve 150 points for a program with three 2A in it. Not to mention that ridicilous SP score of 78+ :evil:Hello judges, she nearly slipped at the end of her step sequence. Even the german eurosport commentators who were/are obsessed with her, had her at 75-76. 
Im not familar enough with the scoring system to see this way, but i agree with you. I really liked her skating from 2007 til 2010, but yeah also the jumps, she 100%ly UR, even my unschooled eyes can see that, but the judges give full score and even a +. Then i always thought stuff like "If this was Yukari Nakano, this jumps was totally downgraded!"

Quote :
I have an account at GS and post something in Mao's defense from time to time when I feel inspired,
but mostly I don't feel like wasting my time with such idiots.
Inspired? I always have to control myself to not right anything XD

_________________
“To be able to grow and not be scared, the first thing you have to do is to experience anything and everything. This first thing you should do is have the courage to face your weak point. Then you will get real strength.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 410
Join date : 2007-09-21

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:46 pm

[quote="zarinaballerina"]
Haidogirl wrote:

I disagree, IMO, since worlds 2007, she's been receiving higher scores than she deserved, but the oversocring started at 2009 worlds. Again, IMO, she did not deserve 150 points for a program with three 2A in it. Not to mention that ridicilous SP score of 78+ :evil:Hello judges, she nearly slipped at the end of her step sequence. Even the german eurosport commentators who were/are obsessed with her, had her at 75-76. 
Absolutely! This is exactly the point when everything started.
The Olympics were a joke. Yes, she deserved to win but when you consider she would still have won the SP over a clean Mao with a 3A combo, even if she had done only a 3Lz-2T you go figure.
I remember I calculated the point difference at the time.

I also clearly remember people screaming how terribly underscored she was at her 2010 Worlds LP!!Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 2262
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : denmark

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:48 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXM-xniTj5w&feature=youtu.be

could anyone who understands russian, please give a brief translation of what the russian commentator said, he seemed ecstatic Smile 
here is a very brief summary, my russian is so rusty, it's embarrassing. Embarassed 

He's a big fan of hers, Very Happy , he says she's going to GPF without a doubt.
About 3A:
It's been very long since anyone has done this (jumped the 3A). She's the only one doing this, she's risking it, but understands that in 3A is her chance and is succeeding. How long it's been since she came on the scene? 14 years. it's imposible to imagine  figure skating without Mao. Love  Then he watches the slow-mo replay: this is fantastic. She is going to post such a score, we've never seen her to post so far. Then he's wondering about world record score (I think he's trying to remember who posted it, and how high is it Laughing ). Then the score comes up and he's shouting: it's her personal best (personal record). Bravo, Bravo...

He really likes her. I think that somewhere in the footage he also says that her 3A isn't yet there, but that it's going to be there, or something like this. I didn't really understand that part. Like I said, my russian is very rusty. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Thank you so much for the translation zarinna, It's always interesting to hear different commentators comments about Mao, loved the part when he began shouting bravo bravo♥
I had a feeling that he was a big fan too, but it's always nice to get it confirmed Love 


Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3545
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:01 pm

kawaiimao wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:

I disagree, IMO, since worlds 2007, she's been receiving higher scores than she deserved, but the oversocring started at 2009 worlds. Again, IMO, she did not deserve 150 points for a program with three 2A in it. Not to mention that ridicilous SP score of 78+ :evil:Hello judges, she nearly slipped at the end of her step sequence. Even the german eurosport commentators who were/are obsessed with her, had her at 75-76. 
Absolutely! This is exactly the point when everything started.
The Olympics were a joke. Yes, she deserved to win but when you consider she would still have won the SP over a clean Mao with a 3A combo, even if she had done only a 3Lz-2T you go figure.
I remember I calculated the point difference at the time.

I also clearly remember people screaming how terribly underscored she was at her 2010 Worlds LP!!Rolling Eyes 
Underscored at 2010 worlds?! Didn't she freaking win the LP with that awful uninspired performance, over a clean Mao, who got her 3A UR'ed or was it DG scratch , I don't remember, but no one understood what the hell was Amano smoking, cause her 3A were fine. Frustrated  What more do they want?! That LP had no business beeing scored 130, it should've been 115-120 at best.
And they were also whining about her being underscored at 2011 worlds. Seriously?! With Yuna's fans I always feel like I've been watching a completely different competition than they are because I can never see where they are coming from. But then again, this are the same people who are calling Yuna's "Fever" exhibition a masterpiece. Whirly 

Vancouver was predetermined. I have so much respect for Mao, for still giving her all, despite the way judges treated Yuna, like she's the best thing that has ever happened to this sport. I always wondered, had Mao been with Brian instead of Yuna, would she be treated the same way, overscoring wise?

I hope and pray, that Sochi is going to be different, and that whatever infatuation judges had with Yuna, it's gone. Worship Worship Worship
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 2262
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : denmark

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:09 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
kawaiimao wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:

I disagree, IMO, since worlds 2007, she's been receiving higher scores than she deserved, but the oversocring started at 2009 worlds. Again, IMO, she did not deserve 150 points for a program with three 2A in it. Not to mention that ridicilous SP score of 78+ :evil:Hello judges, she nearly slipped at the end of her step sequence. Even the german eurosport commentators who were/are obsessed with her, had her at 75-76. 
Absolutely! This is exactly the point when everything started.
The Olympics were a joke. Yes, she deserved to win but when you consider she would still have won the SP over a clean Mao with a 3A combo, even if she had done only a 3Lz-2T you go figure.
I remember I calculated the point difference at the time.

I also clearly remember people screaming how terribly underscored she was at her 2010 Worlds LP!!Rolling Eyes 
Underscored at 2010 worlds?! Didn't she freaking win the LP with that awful uninspired performance, over a clean Mao, who got her 3A UR'ed or was it DG scratch , I don't remember, but no one understood what the hell was Amano smoking, cause her 3A were fine. Frustrated  What more do they want?! That LP had no business beeing scored 130, it should've been 115-120 at best.
And they were also whining about her being underscored at 2011 worlds. Seriously?! With Yuna's fans I always feel like I've been watching a completely different competition than they are because I can never see where they are coming from. But then again, this are the same people who are calling Yuna's "Fever" exhibition a masterpiece. Whirly 

Vancouver was predetermined. I have so much respect for Mao, for still giving her all, despite the way judges treated Yuna, like she's the best thing that has ever happened to this sport. I always wondered, had Mao been with Brian instead of Yuna, would she be treated the same way, overscoring wise?

I hope and pray, that Sochi is going to be different, and that whatever infatuation judges had with Yuna, it's gone. Worship Worship Worship
lol!  LMAO ROTFLMAO  I just had a good laugh remembering this, I almost forgot about it!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 785
Join date : 2009-05-19
Age : 31
Location : Wonderland

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:15 pm

The scores at the 2010 and 2011 worlds were ok to me. Not this through the rooftop flying high scores like 2009 or the worst 2013 Unconscious 
PLUS im pretty sure even if Mao wins Sochi with a very clean skate, all this Yuna fan and american commentators Yuna lovers will still say, she only won because Yuna had a bad day or something like that!

_________________
“To be able to grow and not be scared, the first thing you have to do is to experience anything and everything. This first thing you should do is have the courage to face your weak point. Then you will get real strength.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 657
Join date : 2009-01-14
Age : 31
Location : MÉXICO

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:15 pm

If you have nerves to read Yuna forum you can read anything Yep! .
And precisly they complain of Mao overscoring, I mean, Yuna is a queen, the queen of overscoring for sure. Before Vancouver they said Mao had bad spins, coreography, dress, speed, jumps, now we all know Mao is better about speed, spins, coreography, dresses, interpretation, timming, she get better in 3flip, 3salchow, 2a-3t, while Yu-na in each competition only change the music and dress, the only relevant change she did was 3lutz-3t, she has the same spins, same jumps without 3loop, same lackluster step sequence, same O face Disappointed . So they now argument Mao has none jumps, in their eyes Mao at her best has a 2a, and Mao wont win in Sochi even with 8 triples or 2 3a, and Yu-na even can afford 3 mistakes, and the biggest foolishnest, Mao has the Japanese federation behind her to win, so if Mao will win Sochi it would be just because the Japanese federation, because the poor Yu-Na is alone against world Rolling Eyes  (I suppose because of that she get 78 points in sp and 150 lp).

But I dont understand their attitude, I mean, I love Mao and want she win olympic gold medal, but I know it is little likely because her program is so difficult and she is not more consistent than Yu-Na. Mao can do it but is difficult, though my hopes is growing because the Olympic 2010 season Mao was doing really bad and she did very good in OG, so right now Mao is better and she has two beautiful programs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 410
Join date : 2007-09-21

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:46 pm

chapis wrote:

So they now argument Mao has none jumps, in their eyes Mao at her best has a 2a, and Mao wont win in Sochi even with 8 triples or 2 3a, and Yu-na even can afford 3 mistakes, and the biggest foolishnest, Mao has the Japanese federation behind her to win, so if Mao will win Sochi it would be just because the Japanese federation, because the poor Yu-Na is alone against world Rolling Eyes  (I suppose because of that she get 78 points in sp and 150 lp).
ROTFLMAO 

Oh no, not really!
Did you miss the discussion on GS that Mao doesn't even have a 2A, since her technique is so bad (you know, that HORRIBLE prerotation myth) that all her 2As should be downgraded?

You see, this is when the inspiration comes!geek 

Actually, those guys are so ridiculous it's funny.

Another gem was when someone, in a pretty serious manner actually, worried about Yu-Na possibly hitting the ceiling of a particular ice stadium (I can't remember exactly which competition that was, probably NRW), since she jumps oh, so crazy high!Who, me? 

I mean, that really explains the GOE, I guess.
No wonder Mao can't compete with that!
lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 657
Join date : 2009-01-14
Age : 31
Location : MÉXICO

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:18 pm

oh yes, I forgot the endless discussion about prerotation Hell, no! 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
let`s talk
Double Axel
Double Axel
avatar

Posts : 189
Join date : 2011-06-08
Location : Japan, Tokyo.

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:20 pm

Haidogirl wrote:
Btw do the golden skate awards have to do with that forum?
Nothing. They have different logos and locations. GSA is Italian, GS is American, owned by the ex-US military of over 20 years army service. It might have something to do with her hatred towards Japan-related skaters and Mao as one of its brightest representative. Being just a Yuna fan doesn't seem sufficient enough to allow what is going on there without feeling disgust . Unless she is on a payroll Money . Sometimes things are simpler than they seem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
avatar

Posts : 886
Join date : 2012-03-31
Location : Hanoi, Vietnam

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:33 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:


I do wish however, that she would switch 3F3Lo to 3F-3T. the way things are going, the judges will never rattify her 3Lo. No 
Is there a reason why she's so insistent on 3F3Lo? It has a very high base value, but if it couldn't be ratified, what's the point?

zarinaballerina wrote:

Vancouver was predetermined. I have so much respect for Mao, for still giving her all, despite the way judges treated Yuna, like she's the best thing that has ever happened to this sport. I always wondered, had Mao been with Brian instead of Yuna, would she be treated the same way, overscoring wise?
I always wonder the same. What would happen if she works with Brian? It's never going to happen, but Brian is good at PR stuff in addition to being an excellent coach.

Can anyone recommend me a good Yuna's Ex program? I always have a snoozefest watching her Ex. Any finds her Imagine program so fake and all posey? That praying posture at the end? Worship Unconscious LMAO

Lmao Kawaiimao, I've having a 6-pack ab from reading your hilarious comment. ROTFLMAO

Uhm, I've just watched Yuna' SP at World 2010. What the heck did I watch? Downgraded flip, miss spins, spins in ugly position, bad spiral and uninspiring program overall. And there're still bots who think that she deserves more than 60? If she's not Yuna, there's no way she deserves 60.
And don't get me started on her LP. Lackluster performance, didn't bother to attack after her fall, slow spins, too many crossovers and little intricate step sequences and what's that "pissed off face" when she heard the score? Mao would be ripped apart if she made that face. If Yuna did bad, it's because she was tired after the Olympics. If it's Mao, it's lack of sportsmanship. Unacceptable for this level:frustrated: Commentator

_________________
Even when you have raised up the temperature up to 99 degrees, it is said the water can never get to the boiling point if you fail to have the last one degree get past 99. The thing that boils the water is the last one degree. [The key to a success] is none other than enduring that last 1 minute when you feel like giving up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 781
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Georgia, United States

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:31 pm

pearlyriver wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:


I do wish however, that she would switch 3F3Lo to 3F-3T. the way things are going, the judges will never rattify her 3Lo. No 
Is there a reason why she's so insistent on 3F3Lo? It has a very high base value, but if it couldn't be ratified, what's the point?

zarinaballerina wrote:

Vancouver was predetermined. I have so much respect for Mao, for still giving her all, despite the way judges treated Yuna, like she's the best thing that has ever happened to this sport. I always wondered, had Mao been with Brian instead of Yuna, would she be treated the same way, overscoring wise?
I always wonder the same. What would happen if she works with Brian? It's never going to happen, but Brian is good at PR stuff in addition to being an excellent coach.
The 2010 Olympics was absolutely predetermined as far as the women's competition went. The fact that judges gave Mao just 73+ for a very clean sp with 3axel combo, just shows how little respect they have for a lady attempting and succeeding a difficult element all in the name of promoting a so-called Cinderella story of rags to riches (not really). Especially since right after the Olympics, they finally decided to reward one of the hardest jumps for both men and especially women the way they should.

I can't wait till Mao retires and no other ladies even attempt a 3A. I bet after 1-2 season of the same boring triples, ISU would be wishing for Mao to come back and bring up the risk factor with her 3A. Too little too late. Twisted Evil 

p.s. does this blogger really like Mao or what:

http://www.insideskating.net/2013/11/12/events/nhk-trophys-highlights-it-rained-flowers-on-mao-asada

lol! 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 461
Join date : 2011-02-18

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:40 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:

If you wish to read posts about Mao on GS, you need the nerves and stomach for it. She is really hated there, same goes for FSU.
zarinaballerina, did you read FSU lately or it was some time ago? Because this season at least I think FSU is A LOT better than goldenskate, there is no comparison. At all the competition threads Mao has gotten lots of positive comments about her skating. There are some critical posts too, but those are mostly written in a civil and respectful manner. Comparing to goldenskate it is a very reasonable discussion board with a diverse and mature audience. What is happening on GS on the other hand is beyond me, it's filled with so much hatred and negativity. I can't believe the mods there are allowing all this craziness to happen at their board.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 781
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Georgia, United States

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:55 pm

Am I looking into this too much...or does anyone else find it suspicious that a certain someone decided to debut her 2013-14 programs on the very same weekend as the GPF?  Question 

I don't believe in coincidences, and with other events also available to perform in at a different date, I think choosing to debut at that arena (and competing against another Japanese contestant that beat her twice at worlds) was deliberate.

Maybe it is just me, but......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
avatar

Posts : 886
Join date : 2012-03-31
Location : Hanoi, Vietnam

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:14 pm

shar wrote:
Am I looking into this too much...or does anyone else find it suspicious that a certain someone decided to debut her 2013-14 programs on the very same weekend as the GPF?  Question 

I don't believe in coincidences, and with other events also available to perform in at a different date, I think choosing to debut at that arena (and competing against another Japanese contestant that beat her twice at worlds) was deliberate.

Maybe it is just me, but......
That certain someone had an injury so serious that she had to pull out of 2 GP events. She's only skating 70% of her potential but she's so certain that she's fit enough to compete in a minor event just 2 weeks after the GP event she was supposed to enter. What a miraculous comeback. Who, me? study 

_________________
Even when you have raised up the temperature up to 99 degrees, it is said the water can never get to the boiling point if you fail to have the last one degree get past 99. The thing that boils the water is the last one degree. [The key to a success] is none other than enduring that last 1 minute when you feel like giving up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 781
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Georgia, United States

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:42 pm

pearlyriver wrote:
That certain someone had an injury so serious that she had to pull out of 2 GP events. She's only skating 70% of her potential but she's so certain that she's fit enough to compete in a minor event just 2 weeks after the GP event she was supposed to enter. What a miraculous comeback. Who, me? study 
Hmmm lol!   

I was on GS forum a few days ago on a topic regarding Mao winning all 6 GP event, and a bot claimed that was only because NHK never invited "HER" to compete there. But another poster made a very good point that the top ladies/men having the power to request a GP event And said person has always avoided competing in a Japanese event. Now that I think about it, the GPF is in Japan, as well as worlds 2014. Do you think she will compete in Worlds next year if she win the OG? Or what if she doesn't win the OG, will she have to compete in Worlds?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
avatar

Posts : 886
Join date : 2012-03-31
Location : Hanoi, Vietnam

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:01 am

shar wrote:
Hmmm lol!   

I was on GS forum a few days ago on a topic regarding Mao winning all 6 GP event, and a bot claimed that was only because NHK never invited "HER" to compete there. But another poster made a very good point that the top ladies/men having the power to request a GP event And said person has always avoided competing in a Japanese event. Now that I think about it, the GPF is in Japan, as well as worlds 2014. Do you think she will compete in Worlds next year if she win the OG? Or what if she doesn't win the OG, will she have to compete in Worlds?
I think the only time she went to Japan to compete was 2007 Worlds. If she win OG a second time, I don't think she'll ever bother to compete in Worlds. If she doesn't win OG, she'll have to compete there to redeem herself, otherwise her country will rip her to pieces Disappointed 

_________________
Even when you have raised up the temperature up to 99 degrees, it is said the water can never get to the boiling point if you fail to have the last one degree get past 99. The thing that boils the water is the last one degree. [The key to a success] is none other than enduring that last 1 minute when you feel like giving up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 781
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Georgia, United States

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:06 am

Good point  pearlyriver.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 785
Join date : 2009-05-19
Age : 31
Location : Wonderland

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:52 am

shar wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:
That certain someone had an injury so serious that she had to pull out of 2 GP events. She's only skating 70% of her potential but she's so certain that she's fit enough to compete in a minor event just 2 weeks after the GP event she was supposed to enter. What a miraculous comeback. Who, me? study 
Hmmm lol!   

I was on GS forum a few days ago on a topic regarding Mao winning all 6 GP event, and a bot claimed that was only because NHK never invited "HER" to compete there. But another poster made a very good point that the top ladies/men having the power to request a GP event And said person has always avoided competing in a Japanese event. Now that I think about it, the GPF is in Japan, as well as worlds 2014. Do you think she will compete in Worlds next year if she win the OG? Or what if she doesn't win the OG, will she have to compete in Worlds?
She said at last worlds, that this was her last worlds...
So, no Worlds 2014 Sleep 

_________________
“To be able to grow and not be scared, the first thing you have to do is to experience anything and everything. This first thing you should do is have the courage to face your weak point. Then you will get real strength.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
avatar

Posts : 886
Join date : 2012-03-31
Location : Hanoi, Vietnam

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:04 am

Haidogirl wrote:
shar wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:
That certain someone had an injury so serious that she had to pull out of 2 GP events. She's only skating 70% of her potential but she's so certain that she's fit enough to compete in a minor event just 2 weeks after the GP event she was supposed to enter. What a miraculous comeback. Who, me? study 
Hmmm lol!   

I was on GS forum a few days ago on a topic regarding Mao winning all 6 GP event, and a bot claimed that was only because NHK never invited "HER" to compete there. But another poster made a very good point that the top ladies/men having the power to request a GP event And said person has always avoided competing in a Japanese event. Now that I think about it, the GPF is in Japan, as well as worlds 2014. Do you think she will compete in Worlds next year if she win the OG? Or what if she doesn't win the OG, will she have to compete in Worlds?
She said at last worlds, that this was her last worlds...
So, no Worlds 2014 Sleep 
Haha, but she also said that Vancouver was her last competition Razz 

_________________
Even when you have raised up the temperature up to 99 degrees, it is said the water can never get to the boiling point if you fail to have the last one degree get past 99. The thing that boils the water is the last one degree. [The key to a success] is none other than enduring that last 1 minute when you feel like giving up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1810
Join date : 2009-05-07
Location : la-la-land

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:45 am

pearlyriver wrote:
shar wrote:
Hmmm lol!   

I was on GS forum a few days ago on a topic regarding Mao winning all 6 GP event, and a bot claimed that was only because NHK never invited "HER" to compete there. But another poster made a very good point that the top ladies/men having the power to request a GP event And said person has always avoided competing in a Japanese event. Now that I think about it, the GPF is in Japan, as well as worlds 2014. Do you think she will compete in Worlds next year if she win the OG? Or what if she doesn't win the OG, will she have to compete in Worlds?
I think the only time she went to Japan to compete was 2007 Worlds. If she win OG a second time, I don't think she'll ever bother to compete in Worlds. If she doesn't win OG, she'll have to compete there to redeem herself, otherwise her country will rip her to pieces Disappointed 
She competed in Japan in 2009 GPF. Not a perfect performance, though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 785
Join date : 2009-05-19
Age : 31
Location : Wonderland

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:50 am

roma wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:
shar wrote:
Hmmm lol!   

I was on GS forum a few days ago on a topic regarding Mao winning all 6 GP event, and a bot claimed that was only because NHK never invited "HER" to compete there. But another poster made a very good point that the top ladies/men having the power to request a GP event And said person has always avoided competing in a Japanese event. Now that I think about it, the GPF is in Japan, as well as worlds 2014. Do you think she will compete in Worlds next year if she win the OG? Or what if she doesn't win the OG, will she have to compete in Worlds?
I think the only time she went to Japan to compete was 2007 Worlds. If she win OG a second time, I don't think she'll ever bother to compete in Worlds. If she doesn't win OG, she'll have to compete there to redeem herself, otherwise her country will rip her to pieces Disappointed 
She competed in Japan in 2009 GPF. Not a perfect performance, though.


Yeah i remember that! IT was a kind of revenge, cause Mao stole her title in South Korea in 2008, so Yuna had to steal Maos titel in Japan! Thumbs up! 

_________________
“To be able to grow and not be scared, the first thing you have to do is to experience anything and everything. This first thing you should do is have the courage to face your weak point. Then you will get real strength.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
avatar

Posts : 886
Join date : 2012-03-31
Location : Hanoi, Vietnam

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:52 am


Just discovered that the lady with whom Mao shook hands is Miyako Yoshida, a legendary ballet dancer. There must be many more famous people attending her performances at NHK I love you 

_________________
Even when you have raised up the temperature up to 99 degrees, it is said the water can never get to the boiling point if you fail to have the last one degree get past 99. The thing that boils the water is the last one degree. [The key to a success] is none other than enduring that last 1 minute when you feel like giving up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
let`s talk
Double Axel
Double Axel
avatar

Posts : 189
Join date : 2011-06-08
Location : Japan, Tokyo.

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:01 am

maofan93 wrote:
If anyone could post a link to Mao's programs from NHK broadcasted on NBC or CBC that would be greatly appreciated! I am interested as to what the commentators have to say.

Thanks!!
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm22247641 CBC
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm22236166 NBC
If you don't have a nicovideo account, it'll take you a second to open the one. Wink 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
avatar

Posts : 886
Join date : 2012-03-31
Location : Hanoi, Vietnam

PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:07 am


_________________
Even when you have raised up the temperature up to 99 degrees, it is said the water can never get to the boiling point if you fail to have the last one degree get past 99. The thing that boils the water is the last one degree. [The key to a success] is none other than enduring that last 1 minute when you feel like giving up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: NHK Trophy 2013   

Back to top Go down
 
NHK Trophy 2013
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 17 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
 Similar topics
-
» 2013 Independent's Trophy Schemes (WIP or Theoried Schemes)
» Nebelhorn Trophy 2013
» BARCLAYS ASIA TROPHY
» BCCI and the UDRS system
» NHK Trophy 2013

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ballerina on Ice :: Figure Skating :: Competitions & Shows Discussion-
Jump to: