HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 2013 Cup of China

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
avatar

Posts : 886
Join date : 2012-03-31
Location : Hanoi, Vietnam

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:12 pm

sapphiresky wrote:


- Zijun's SP...I'm not sure she has the personality to carry off a tango at this point. Good for her on challenging herself, but it didn't really work as a program. She doesn't seem to have that fire in her personality.

- Kanako, on the other hand, should have gotten a tango for her SP. She's one of those skaters who can do it so well b/c of that fire and attack she has in her programs. The doo-wop thing didn't work for me (maybe if the Olympics were in the U.S...) I'm not sure why she chose this, did Lori choreograph? scratch 

- Caro's program sigh* I had more hope for this. Humoresque is so beautiful, but the program is kinda bleh. The fall wasn't even the problem, but I do admire her ease of speed.
Her dress is a very pretty design and color, I don't know if I would put in that many butterflies Smile
I'm all for skaters trying new things but IMO, this season is not the time to challenge herself. She should have played up her strength (elegance, beautiful lines) and covered her weakness (reserved, lanky). She intended to skate to the Nutcracker but for some reason Lori thought that it was too mature for her affraid .
Who choreographed Kanako's SP? It was simply bad and bland. I don't mind lightheart programs, but there are many better choices than this.
Everyone tips Carol as a OGM contender, but I don't see how she's going to realize that with this SP. It's good and she's a joy to watch, but her layout is inferior to other girls', so she have to be better than good in execution. And she seldom skates clean Bawling .
Based on the performances up to date, I think Adelina and Julia both have a shot at the podium.

_________________
Even when you have raised up the temperature up to 99 degrees, it is said the water can never get to the boiling point if you fail to have the last one degree get past 99. The thing that boils the water is the last one degree. [The key to a success] is none other than enduring that last 1 minute when you feel like giving up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel


Posts : 839
Join date : 2011-02-19

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:59 pm

IIRC, Kanako was in Detroit for choreography this summer. At least one of her program is by Camerlengo. She ususally works with Zueva. I don't recall Kanako has ever worked with Lori.

Also, according to this:
http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/winter/news/20131102-OHT1T00020.htm

Kanako has changed to lighter edges, and she's working on reforming her jumps. These may have led to unstable performance in her program. (see how much time it takes for Mao the reform her jumps...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 229
Join date : 2013-02-21
Location : Yuzu's Bedroom

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:14 pm

COHK wrote:


Kanako has changed to lighter edges, and she's working on reforming her jumps. These may have led to unstable performance in her program. (see how much time it takes for Mao the reform her jumps...)
Umm... attempting to change your jump technique right before/during an Olympic Season?? Not the greatest of ideas I think by Kanako..  Question

_________________

Mao Asada Fan Wub
I WILL tawk like a black person if anyone tawks SHIZ about ma boo..  Evil or Very Mad

To Mao doubters/haters:
Mao is the fabulous Swan Queen and you're fat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 781
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Georgia, United States

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:33 pm

ilovethai wrote:
COHK wrote:


Kanako has changed to lighter edges, and she's working on reforming her jumps. These may have led to unstable performance in her program. (see how much time it takes for Mao the reform her jumps...)
Umm... attempting to change your jump technique right before/during an Olympic Season?? Not the greatest of ideas I think by Kanako..  Question
Especially considering it took Mao 3 years to rework her jumps. Kanako's team/coach(s) should have started 2 years ago, or at least last season. But now, with 5-6 Japanese ladies vying for only 3 spots for Sochi in just over a month...bad idea.  Yikes!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
avatar

Posts : 886
Join date : 2012-03-31
Location : Hanoi, Vietnam

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:44 pm

COHK wrote:
IIRC, Kanako was in Detroit for choreography this summer. At least one of her program is by Camerlengo. She ususally works with Zueva. I don't recall Kanako has ever worked with Lori.

Also, according to this:
http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/winter/news/20131102-OHT1T00020.htm

Kanako has changed to lighter edges, and she's working on reforming her jumps. These may have led to unstable performance in her program. (see how much time it takes for Mao the reform her jumps...)
COHK, you're a wealth of information:confetti: Daisies for you Happy dance

Based on Kanako's performance last night, and assume Miki can fix her spins, she can take Kanako's spot. Shocked. And Mao's Lutz is still very unstable.

_________________
Even when you have raised up the temperature up to 99 degrees, it is said the water can never get to the boiling point if you fail to have the last one degree get past 99. The thing that boils the water is the last one degree. [The key to a success] is none other than enduring that last 1 minute when you feel like giving up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 781
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Georgia, United States

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:22 am

pearlyriver wrote:
COHK wrote:
IIRC, Kanako was in Detroit for choreography this summer. At least one of her program is by Camerlengo. She ususally works with Zueva. I don't recall Kanako has ever worked with Lori.

Also, according to this:
http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/winter/news/20131102-OHT1T00020.htm

Kanako has changed to lighter edges, and she's working on reforming her jumps. These may have led to unstable performance in her program. (see how much time it takes for Mao the reform her jumps...)
COHK, you're a wealth of information:confetti: Daisies for you Happy dance

Based on Kanako's performance last night, and assume Miki can fix her spins, she can take Kanako's spot. Shocked. And Mao's Lutz is still very unstable.
But Mao doesn't have to rely on her Lutz to win. She only does one in her LP, and when she gets an edge call on it, she tends  to only gets one point taken off of the base value without any bonuses added. So she'll end up with 5 points for the lutz, rather then 6+ if she does it clean. So if she skates with all clean triples and  with just an e on the LZ, she will still has a chance of winning over her teammates, even beating a clean Yuna. That's not the same with Kanako unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2008-10-16
Age : 28
Location : Russia,Spb

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:14 am

sapphiresky wrote:


- Adelina's is very generic music, but she skates with fire and attack, so it makes it interesting. I admire her for going after that 3L in combination, but the judges are pretty much saying, what's the point? I'm sure this was discussed before, but any reason she doesn't go for that -3T?
As Mao used to be Adelina is not very stable with toeloop as her second jump, she is doing 3l-3t since 2008 year I guess)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 781
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Georgia, United States

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:14 am

Ice Dance just finished. And the Chinese couples did terrible. Ladies FS will start in a half an hour.



1 Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabian BOURZAT FRA   165.68 2 1

2 Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV RUS   163.42 1 2

3 Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES USA   150.53 3 3

4 Pernelle CARRON / Lloyd JONES FRA   134.12 5 4

5 Alexandra ALDRIDGE / Daniel EATON USA  132.06 4 5

6 Xiaoyang YU / Chen WANG    CHN  106.18 7 6

7 Yiyi ZHANG / Nan WU         CHN  104.98 6 7


Last edited by shar on Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1028
Join date : 2010-09-30

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:19 am

shar wrote:
Ice Dance just finished. And the China couples did terrible. Ladies FS will start in a half an hour.

Do you have a link?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 781
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Georgia, United States

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:23 am

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
shar wrote:
Ice Dance just finished. And the China couples did terrible. Ladies FS will start in a half an hour.

Do you have a link?

Nope. I'm checking for updates on the ISU page:

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpchn2013/

pearlyriver or zarinaballerina might have a link.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
avatar

Posts : 886
Join date : 2012-03-31
Location : Hanoi, Vietnam

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:30 am


_________________
Even when you have raised up the temperature up to 99 degrees, it is said the water can never get to the boiling point if you fail to have the last one degree get past 99. The thing that boils the water is the last one degree. [The key to a success] is none other than enduring that last 1 minute when you feel like giving up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 2262
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : denmark

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:31 am

here is a livestream:

http://www.hahabar.com/20131031/v--674898-52727f48a8f289.11006728.html

edit: seems like pearlyriver was faster lol! 


Last edited by ballerinamao on Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel


Posts : 893
Join date : 2010-02-27
Age : 26
Location : Bucharest, Romania

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:32 am

The French FD is lovely and charming. They are a breath of fresh air in ice dance for me.
Zhulin is losing it. He gave B/S the crappiest FD of all times, in the Olympic season (which happen to take place in Russia). Really? I am starting to suspect he is secretly cheering for P/B...
And I thought the first draft of the program was not that good...but it's a masterpiece compared to this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1028
Join date : 2010-09-30

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:38 am

shar wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
shar wrote:
Ice Dance just finished. And the China couples did terrible. Ladies FS will start in a half an hour.

Do you have a link?
Nope. I'm checking for updates on the ISU page:

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpchn2013/

pearlyriver or zarinaballerina might have a link.
Oh okay! Thank you anyway!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1028
Join date : 2010-09-30

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:38 am

ballerinamao wrote:
here is a livestream:

http://www.hahabar.com/20131031/v--674898-52727f48a8f289.11006728.html

edit: seems like pearlyriver was faster lol! 
Thank you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 781
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Georgia, United States

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:41 am

pearlyriver wrote:
http://www.hahabar.com/20130808/v--493131-5202de934d7284.93169940.html

This BBC Eurosport link works for me.
You  guys are on it.  Thank you pearlyriver and ballerinamao for the links.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
avatar

Posts : 886
Join date : 2012-03-31
Location : Hanoi, Vietnam

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:47 am

Zijun's dress makes her really washed out.

_________________
Even when you have raised up the temperature up to 99 degrees, it is said the water can never get to the boiling point if you fail to have the last one degree get past 99. The thing that boils the water is the last one degree. [The key to a success] is none other than enduring that last 1 minute when you feel like giving up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 781
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Georgia, United States

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:57 am

What was the first score? My feed keeps dying.

Nevermind, my isu page is updating itself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
avatar

Posts : 886
Join date : 2012-03-31
Location : Hanoi, Vietnam

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:18 am

shar wrote:
What was the first score? My feed keeps dying.

Nevermind, my isu page is updating itself.
http://www.sportlemon.tv/20131031/vv52727f615325c9.37530012-674898.html

This link doesn't freeze up for me. Disappointing performance from Zijun. 85.40.Frustrated Frustrated Frustrated 

_________________
Even when you have raised up the temperature up to 99 degrees, it is said the water can never get to the boiling point if you fail to have the last one degree get past 99. The thing that boils the water is the last one degree. [The key to a success] is none other than enduring that last 1 minute when you feel like giving up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 781
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Georgia, United States

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:26 am

pearlyriver wrote:
shar wrote:
What was the first score? My feed keeps dying.

Nevermind, my isu page is updating itself.
http://www.sportlemon.tv/20131031/vv52727f615325c9.37530012-674898.html

This link doesn't freeze up for me. Disappointing performance from Zijun. 85.40.Frustrated Frustrated Frustrated 
Thanks. And yes, she basically did a walk through instead of an actual performance. That was terrible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 781
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Georgia, United States

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:27 am

So far, none of the first group broke 100 pts in their free skates. No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 781
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Georgia, United States

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:32 am

What the heck kind of superhero outfit is Caro wearing? Laughing 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel


Posts : 892
Join date : 2010-12-25

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:34 am

shar wrote:
What the heck kind of superhero outfit is Caro wearing?  Laughing 
I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking that!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 781
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Georgia, United States

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:43 am

Come on Kanako! cheers 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 781
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Georgia, United States

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:49 am

Kanako performance was beautiful. She popped a 3flip and messed up her 2axel, but it was beautiful nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    

Back to top Go down
 
2013 Cup of China
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Canadian Class of 2013 & 2014 - Top Prospects
» China Hat Road
» 2013 MINI Cooper Spy Shots
» Mini Mk3 hatchback (2013): the next generation spied
» Doubtful website from China selling golf equipment online

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ballerina on Ice :: Figure Skating :: Competitions & Shows Discussion-
Jump to: