HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Grand Prix Final 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
AuthorMessage
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 657
Join date : 2009-01-14
Age : 31
Location : MÉXICO

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:54 pm

kawaiimao wrote:

Julia: "Of course, I think Mao is the strongest skater in the world. What I like best about her is the beauty and smoothnes of her skating. I respect her a lot and love her very much as a skater," she is quoted to have said while looking at Mao admiringly.

Ok, it is enough for me to forget her weird previous comments  Thumbs up! Too sweet! , now I can enjoy her skating without to feel blame   Embarassed  . So the only russian lady skater I dislike is Anna.

And thank you for the report sweetdream  flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
avatar

Posts : 886
Join date : 2012-03-31
Location : Hanoi, Vietnam

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:06 pm

chapis wrote:

Ok, it is enough for me to forget her weird previous comments  Thumbs up! Too sweet! , now I can enjoy her skating without to feel blame   Embarassed  . So the only russian lady skater I dislike is Anna.

And thank you for the report sweetdream  flower

Many people who had attended the competitions live said that she had something special in her performance. I still don't buy her programs, but the way she's presented herself to the media so far is quite nice.

_________________
Even when you have raised up the temperature up to 99 degrees, it is said the water can never get to the boiling point if you fail to have the last one degree get past 99. The thing that boils the water is the last one degree. [The key to a success] is none other than enduring that last 1 minute when you feel like giving up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3545
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:23 am

sweetdream wrote:


Mao - cat  the one everyone was waiting for, a HUGE HUGE LINE OF CAMERAS, which i said early, was like a sea of camera clicking after the music started. Like first note- *insert spam of clicking* second note. And after each jump too, and basically throughout just that the music drowns the sound eventually. The audience clapped along quite early and it was around then that struck me, like the huge support, attention on Mao, that it can be so so overwhelming. :(like omg isn't it scary to see everyone in the rink clapping in sync, a sea of faces just clapping, the cameras clicking the banners all waving, like it makes the spotlight even brighter and scarier. And at first I thought, hey Mao is a lyrical skater, why does she like Rach, and music like this? But I guess it does seem to round off her experiences. Rach starts off note by note, like water droplets rippling on still waters, slowing they radiate out and a single drop becomes an engulfing wave. That strength, pressure, force around her, slows as she finds the light moments in it all, that fleeting moment of joy and transfering it all to one last push during the steps to her grand finale. Beautiful music choice, and I guess understandable if I were her. (cause it feels like taking all that energy, the good the bad, the happy and the sad, and just releasing it all to the environment.)


 Swoon Swoon Swoon 
sweetdream, you've written this so beautifully.

pearlyriver wrote:
Many people who had attended the competitions live said that she had something special in her performance. I still don't buy her programs, but the way she's presented herself to the media so far is quite nice.

Julia has improved tremendously, no doubt about it. However I do wish, that she'd behave better, when she looses. I understand she's very ambitious, she wants to win, pretty much like 99% of all elite athletes, but when you don't, behave in a sportmanship like manner, and bitch or be sour about it behind the scenes, and treat those who were better than you, with respect they deserve. Just IMO.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1027
Join date : 2010-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:47 am

shar wrote:
Interesting analysis on the Mao-Yuna skating components and base values this season, and how it compares to the 2010 Olympics version:


http://www.examiner.com/article/opining-on-grand-prix-final-and-golden-spin-asada-vs-kim-revisited

I basically agree with the analysis. I just hope Mao skates clean. Even with the 10 point difference in the FS between her and Yu-na, let's not forget the GOE's for Yu-na. She's known for them. However, I feel like she's always had a very similar layout for her program for a long time now. Mao, hopefully, will do great triple axels because when she does them wonderfully, she gets extremely high points. I remember that she received close to +2 GOE points for the 2011 4CC FS. Let's say she does do the triple axels wonderfully. That means she has confidence to carry her for the rest of the program, and we know Mao. When she's confident, her program is totally different! In a good way!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1027
Join date : 2010-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:59 am

By the way, the Russian girls like Julia and Elena, are they competing in the Olympics?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3545
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:31 am

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
By the way, the Russian girls like Julia and Elena, are they competing in the Olympics?

Julia is going to Sochi unless she gets injured and can't skate. I don't see Russian Fed leaving her at home, she's their only hope for a medal. Elena is too young for Oly's. Her real senior season begins next year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1027
Join date : 2010-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:43 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
By the way, the Russian girls like Julia and Elena, are they competing in the Olympics?

Julia is going to Sochi unless she gets injured and can't skate. I don't see Russian Fed leaving her at home, she's their only hope for a medal. Elena is too young for Oly's. Her real senior season begins next year.

But I thought Julia was 15. Mao wasn't allowed to compete in the Olympics because she was too young, around 15. I'm confused.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3545
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:46 am

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
By the way, the Russian girls like Julia and Elena, are they competing in the Olympics?

Julia is going to Sochi unless she gets injured and can't skate. I don't see Russian Fed leaving her at home, she's their only hope for a medal. Elena is too young for Oly's. Her real senior season begins next year.

But I thought Julia was 15. Mao wasn't allowed to compete in the Olympics because she was too young, around 15. I'm confused.

You have to become 16 years in the year of Oly's, worlds... BEFORE July 1st. Julia was born in June so she's good, Mao was born in September, therefor she was three months too young.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1027
Join date : 2010-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:18 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
By the way, the Russian girls like Julia and Elena, are they competing in the Olympics?

Julia is going to Sochi unless she gets injured and can't skate. I don't see Russian Fed leaving her at home, she's their only hope for a medal. Elena is too young for Oly's. Her real senior season begins next year.

But I thought Julia was 15. Mao wasn't allowed to compete in the Olympics because she was too young, around 15. I'm confused.

You have to become 16 years in the year of Oly's, worlds... BEFORE July 1st. Julia was born in June so she's good, Mao was born in September, therefor she was three months too young.

AW!!!!! Okay. I see now. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2008-10-16
Age : 28
Location : Russia,Spb

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:43 am

http://cs616817.vk.me/v616817512/5859/aXX4gm64zr0.jpg Mao with Julia and Anna.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 781
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Georgia, United States

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:05 am

polosatik wrote:
http://cs616817.vk.me/v616817512/5859/aXX4gm64zr0.jpg Mao with Julia and Anna.

Anna looks so pretty when she's not wearing all that make-up (like she does in competition).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 229
Join date : 2013-02-21
Location : Yuzu's Bedroom

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:10 am

polosatik wrote:
http://cs616817.vk.me/v616817512/5859/aXX4gm64zr0.jpg Mao with Julia and Anna.

The veteran and the upcoming wunderkinds  Very Happy 

_________________

Mao Asada Fan Wub
I WILL tawk like a black person if anyone tawks SHIZ about ma boo..  Evil or Very Mad

To Mao doubters/haters:
Mao is the fabulous Swan Queen and you're fat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bekalc



Posts : 35
Join date : 2009-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:52 am

I personally think people are being harsh towards  Julia.  I saw Ashley at Junior Worlds one year not even go and shake Caroline Zhang's hand.  Now that's poor behavior.  Julia went and shook Mao's hand. I thought Mao just bowed down and said something.   I didn't see any type of refusal to kiss, and who say you have to kiss either?   The kiss has to come from both sides anyways.  It looked like both girls said something and we couldn't see Julia's face so its possible she even smiled.

I also saw Julia smile a bit on the podium too.  Julia strikes me as the more serious type of girl, but that doesn't necessarily translate into poor personality.  In fact her choreographer said that Julia has a more mathematical mindI know someone said I believe it was at her Senior B that Julia stayed very long to sign autographs for fans, and the person watched found it very sweet. Perhaps she was looking serious before her exhibition because she was concentrating.

I will say this too about Julia, I don't think its just about winning for either.  Julia was noticeably unhappy with herself at Cup of Russia, and even expressed surprise that she won.  Even after she "won" she was not happy because she was angry about her performance.  It was actually  an attitude that I liked to see from her.

I think we should be very careful about being harsh to skaters to who we don't know at all.
I want to point out that there may be a heck of a lot of reasons someone may not kiss someone that may have nothing to do with being rude. You could for example have a cold.  Its not fair to jump on a skater because "they didn't shake hands happily enough" when we can't even see her face.

If a skater throws fits on the podium, a la Surya.  Refuses to shake hands a la Debbie Thomas, or gives rude comments than yes I think its fair to criticize.  But other than that, I think its very unfair to jump on a skater.

Just because a skater is good at putting on a show for the audience (look at me congratulate someone) doesn't make them a nice person.


Last edited by bekalc on Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
avatar

Posts : 886
Join date : 2012-03-31
Location : Hanoi, Vietnam

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:23 am

Okay, I think I like Julia more now:

Heltra91 kindly shared this picture on our fb group.
There's probably a sweet, mellow side of Julia that we don't know  Love Hearts 

_________________
Even when you have raised up the temperature up to 99 degrees, it is said the water can never get to the boiling point if you fail to have the last one degree get past 99. The thing that boils the water is the last one degree. [The key to a success] is none other than enduring that last 1 minute when you feel like giving up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 429
Join date : 2012-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:28 am

It seems this blogger has joined our boo to Amano club  Yep! 

"I'm not too sure what Shin Amano was smoking on but he was the only one
who thought that 3A was <; it looked great to me (and everyone else). "

http://thenakedice.blogspot.jp/2013/12/2013-2014-grand-prix-final-junior-grand.html


And how about Dave Lease as an associate member?  Wink 

"Though Shin Amano may not agree, Asada's triple axel looked to be one of the strongest
she has landed in many years. With two more months, it is easy to see her managing to
land a clean triple axel in Sochi."

http://www.theskatinglesson.com/state-of-skate-a-recap-of-the-grand-prix-final-and-golden-spin/




 Laugh 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 657
Join date : 2009-01-14
Age : 31
Location : MÉXICO

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:55 pm

silenceisgolden, the last picture is great, I wonder why her expression?  lol! 
And Julia´s photo is so sweet too  Mushy Love 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
avatar

Posts : 886
Join date : 2012-03-31
Location : Hanoi, Vietnam

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:58 pm

Lol, that picture shows the sassy side of Mao.
Btw, in that photo, Julia was enjoying gifts from Japanese fans.

_________________
Even when you have raised up the temperature up to 99 degrees, it is said the water can never get to the boiling point if you fail to have the last one degree get past 99. The thing that boils the water is the last one degree. [The key to a success] is none other than enduring that last 1 minute when you feel like giving up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1505
Join date : 2010-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:29 am



with Boyang JIN









 Love Hearts  Love Hearts  Love Hearts 







Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1810
Join date : 2009-05-07
Location : la-la-land

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:10 am

silenceisgolden wrote:
It seems this blogger has joined our boo to Amano club  Yep! 

"I'm not too sure what Shin Amano was smoking on but he was the only one
who thought that 3A was <; it looked great to me (and everyone else). "

http://thenakedice.blogspot.jp/2013/12/2013-2014-grand-prix-final-junior-grand.html

And how about Dave Lease as an associate member?  Wink 

"Though Shin Amano may not agree, Asada's triple axel looked to be one of the strongest
she has landed in many years. With two more months, it is easy to see her managing to
land a clean triple axel in Sochi."

http://www.theskatinglesson.com/state-of-skate-a-recap-of-the-grand-prix-final-and-golden-spin/

I think The Naked Ice is the blog of kwanatic from GS/FSU and is a fan of Mao.

Some of her tweets: https://twitter.com/kwanette | https://twitter.com/NakedIceBlog

  • Mao is the ONLY lady since #THEKWEEN who moves me on an emotional level.
  • I never loved Yuna. I respect her, appreciate her, and bow to her achievements, but I find her approach "journeywoman.
  • I respectfully disagree.saw Mao in person in Hartford,SA 06she had it all.She had it all when she beat #thesoviettank at #GPF05
  • Mao should get 100 pts for her FW
  • @olyphil She fought and she can actually make IJS footwork look musical.Her interpretation, best in the business. #GPF13

---
For someone who seems to be always so critical of Mao it's good to finally read something good from Dave and I prefer this quote from him: "Asada’s program was soft, lyrical and quite touching; it simply sang from within."
---
edit: sorry, blog owner should be kwanatic instead of kwanette.


Last edited by roma on Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:27 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : correct the info posted before)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
Lelya



Posts : 21
Join date : 2011-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:01 am

shar wrote:
Interesting analysis on the Mao-Yuna skating components and base values this season, and how it compares to the 2010 Olympics version:


http://www.examiner.com/article/opining-on-grand-prix-final-and-golden-spin-asada-vs-kim-revisited

"It was clear in Vancouver that Kim's programs were just miles ahead of what Asada had to offer, "
 Very Mad 
Yup. I better not read this guy.  Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 518
Join date : 2009-01-08
Location : Germany (NRW)

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:01 pm

Am I the only one who watched Mao's SP from GPF like a 100000 times?!  Mushy Love 
I never found a HD video of the British Eurosport version so I took the audio from eurosport and put it onto a HD video from japanese television... (I was bored and had to study, that's why I had the "time" for it... ;D)
So here, enjoy this masterpiece in HD with audio from the british eurosport guys...! Smile

Mao Asada GPF 2013 SP (British Eurosport) HD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dmn-3HXoRLo&feature=youtu.be
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 781
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Georgia, United States

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:46 pm

josling wrote:
Am I the only one who watched Mao's SP from GPF like a 100000 times?!  Mushy Love 
I never found a HD video of the British Eurosport version so I took the audio from eurosport and put it onto a HD video from japanese television... (I was bored and had to study, that's why I had the "time" for it... ;D)
So here, enjoy this masterpiece in HD with audio from the british eurosport guys...!  Smile

Mao Asada GPF 2013 SP (British Eurosport) HD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dmn-3HXoRLo&feature=youtu.be

Oh thank you so much for putting the best sp version together with the best commentary.  And thanks to this video,  my viewing is at 100001, one more than you.   lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iceriver
Double Axel
Double Axel


Posts : 181
Join date : 2013-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:33 pm

Thank you very much!!! I know that I'll re-watch this thousands of times so it's great to have this performance in HD with the British Eurosport commentary  sunny 

BTW, I'm still angry that Amano tried to spoil such a great moment. I mean, this is probably Mao's best SP and she should have received her personal best score. We know that that triple axel was not underotated (at least not more than 1/4) but it's somehow annoying not to be able to say that this program was considered "clean" by the judges. Well, there's still room for improvement when it comes to scores, so this makes everything more exciting. How high can she score if she's clean? 42+35=77 points or even 78 seems reasonable at this point.

While watching, I was thinking about how Mao has grown as an artist. This was an incredible interpretation of Nocturne, and I had never seen her skate with such musicality. I've been enjoying her skating since 2006 for different reasons, but it is now that everything seems to be working perfectly. So sad that she's retiring this season, she's still improving. At least I hope to see her do lots of shows (after resting and having some fun  Smile ) with new programs but also some of her old ones. Am I the only one who would love to see her skate ladies in lavender again? That was a gorgeous program, my favourite along with Nocturne.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 657
Join date : 2009-01-14
Age : 31
Location : MÉXICO

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:14 pm

Iceriver wrote:
Am I the only one who would love to see her skate ladies in lavender again? That was a gorgeous program, my favourite along with Nocturne.

Imagine her step sequence with the current quality in this element  Swoon 

I hope to watch super wow exhibition performances the next years from Mao, just like Shizuka has done

And no Josling, you are not the only one, and of course I am more motivated to watch it because I must to study too  Panic!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1027
Join date : 2010-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:09 pm

Do you think Mao will become a coach? Her students would love her! I mean, MAO ASADA AS YOUR COACH!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   

Back to top Go down
 
Grand Prix Final 2013
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 28 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Judo Grand Prix Rijeka 2013-THE VIDEOS Complete Final Blocks & More!
» Grand Prix Almaty 2013-VIDEO GALLERY (15 October 2013)
» GRAND PRIX MIAMI 2013-VIDEO GALLERY (updated 11 July 2013)
» PartyPoker.com World Grand Prix Darts 2013 discussion thread
» Miami World Cup is now IJF Grand Prix Miami

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ballerina on Ice :: Figure Skating :: Competitions & Shows Discussion-
Jump to: