HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Grand Prix Final 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1505
Join date : 2010-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:22 am

Correction! Mao arrived Fukuoka TODAY!! 





Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 785
Join date : 2009-05-19
Age : 31
Location : Wonderland

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:46 am

linglang wrote:
Correction! Mao arrived Fukuoka TODAY!! 





Gyaa thank you! Mao looks great! Many Hearts 
Please keep us up to date with news! Laugh 

_________________
“To be able to grow and not be scared, the first thing you have to do is to experience anything and everything. This first thing you should do is have the courage to face your weak point. Then you will get real strength.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BowbowDaijin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 262
Join date : 2009-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:50 am

Do you know who are the coaches of 4 Russian girls?
Is there anyone who is working with Tarasova and knows
Mao well rather than the others?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel


Posts : 839
Join date : 2011-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:38 am

news clip: Mao, Machida, Yuzuru arrived in Fukuoka
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDWSLykhAMM
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1505
Join date : 2010-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:29 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg834tyWN84

Mao has been doing runthroughs with 2 3As.
Mr. Sato was surprised by her idea of doing 2 3As but agreed to take on challenge.
But he will say NO when she's not ready.
She says she has a back-up scenario of doing 3F-3L, which I'm not quite sure if it helps her at all.

I suppose Mr. Sato agreed because he didn't want to affect her motivation by discouraging 2 3As, maybe?

Anyway, I will stop worrying because I will be among the audience and I don't want to send any bit of negative vibes.  Cheering Cheering Cheering
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 2262
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : denmark

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:05 am

linglang wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg834tyWN84

Mao has been doing runthroughs with 2 3As.
Mr. Sato was surprised by her idea of doing 2 3As but agreed to take on challenge.
But he will say NO when she's not ready.
She says she has a back-up scenario of doing 3F-3L, which I'm not quite sure if it helps her at all.

I suppose Mr. Sato agreed because he didn't want to affect her motivation by discouraging 2 3As, maybe?

Anyway, I will stop worrying because I will be among the audience and I don't want to send any bit of negative vibes.  Cheering Cheering Cheering
WOW gourges 3A's and 3f-3lo Love Mushy Love 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iceriver
Double Axel
Double Axel


Posts : 181
Join date : 2013-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:11 am

linglang wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg834tyWN84

Mao has been doing runthroughs with 2 3As.
Mr. Sato was surprised by her idea of doing 2 3As but agreed to take on challenge.
But he will say NO when she's not ready.
She says she has a back-up scenario of doing 3F-3L, which I'm not quite sure if it helps her at all.

I suppose Mr. Sato agreed because he didn't want to affect her motivation by discouraging 2 3As, maybe?

Anyway, I will stop worrying because I will be among the audience and I don't want to send any bit of negative vibes.  Cheering Cheering Cheering
Wow the second triple axel (the one in combination) looks really good. In general I can see most of the triple axels here being ratified Very Happy . Cannot say the same about the triple-triple. However, since a 3f-3l< is still worth 8.90 she should go for it if she feels confident, because in spite of being underotated I don't think judges will deduct more than 1 point (or maybe 0) as long as she lands on one foot. So it's still worth 8 points more or less...not bad. And she seems to be quite comfortable with this triple triple, I mean she's usually short of rotation but I've never seen her make more serious mistakes recently, at least in practices.

BTW, how lucky you are to be able to watch the GPF live! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 2262
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : denmark

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:22 am

Iceriver wrote:
linglang wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg834tyWN84

Mao has been doing runthroughs with 2 3As.
Mr. Sato was surprised by her idea of doing 2 3As but agreed to take on challenge.
But he will say NO when she's not ready.
She says she has a back-up scenario of doing 3F-3L, which I'm not quite sure if it helps her at all.

I suppose Mr. Sato agreed because he didn't want to affect her motivation by discouraging 2 3As, maybe?

Anyway, I will stop worrying because I will be among the audience and I don't want to send any bit of negative vibes.  Cheering Cheering Cheering
Wow the second triple axel (the one in combination) looks really good. In general I can see most of the triple axels here being ratified Very Happy . Cannot say the same about the triple-triple. However, since a 3f-3l< is still worth 8.90 she should go for it if she feels confident, because in spite of being underotated I don't think judges will deduct more than 1 point (or maybe 0) as long as she lands on one foot. So it's still worth 8 points more or less...not bad. And she seems to be quite comfortable with this triple triple, I mean she's usually short of rotation but I've never seen her make more serious mistakes recently, at least in practices.

BTW, how lucky you are to be able to watch the GPF live! Razz
To me the 3f-3lo looked fully rotated, she has gained more height on the 3lo in the combination, love this combination
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 229
Join date : 2013-02-21
Location : Yuzu's Bedroom

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:24 am

linglang wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg834tyWN84

Mao has been doing runthroughs with 2 3As.
Mr. Sato was surprised by her idea of doing 2 3As but agreed to take on challenge.
But he will say NO when she's not ready.
She says she has a back-up scenario of doing 3F-3L, which I'm not quite sure if it helps her at all.

I suppose Mr. Sato agreed because he didn't want to affect her motivation by discouraging 2 3As, maybe?

Anyway, I will stop worrying because I will be among the audience and I don't want to send any bit of negative vibes.  Cheering Cheering Cheering
Awww.. in the interview, Mao realizes she's the oldest out of all the singles ladies in the competition.. hahaha. From the youngest lady in her first GPF to the oldest and most mature in her final GPF.

_________________

Mao Asada Fan Wub
I WILL tawk like a black person if anyone tawks SHIZ about ma boo..  Evil or Very Mad

To Mao doubters/haters:
Mao is the fabulous Swan Queen and you're fat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rachmaninoffangel



Posts : 52
Join date : 2013-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:26 am

Hey! I just joined this forum after stalking this forum for 3 years (since the 2010 Olympics)! I know, it took me a while!

Well, Mao's 2 3A spurred me to join the forum as I was watching the video and likewise thought that her triple axels were ratified as compared to the 3loop of the 3F-3Lo. In slow mo, her 3Lo looks under rotated Sad Hopefully she lands them all cleanly and to her satisfaction during the competitions! I am so EXCITED for the next 3 months and pray that Mao "SKATES the lights out". I always wished that I could watch her compete live, but I guess there's no more chances for me Crying or Very sad

Anyway, I'm from Singapore (it's a TINY country in South-East Asia, and not in China)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iceriver
Double Axel
Double Axel


Posts : 181
Join date : 2013-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:40 am

rachmaninoffangel wrote:
Hey! I just joined this forum after stalking this forum for 3 years (since the 2010 Olympics)! I know, it took me a while!

Well, Mao's 2 3A spurred me to join the forum as I was watching the video and likewise thought that her triple axels were ratified as compared to the 3loop of the 3F-3Lo. In slow mo, her 3Lo looks under rotated :(Hopefully she lands them all cleanly and to her satisfaction during the competitions! I am so EXCITED for the next 3 months and pray that Mao "SKATES the lights out". I always wished that I could watch her compete live, but I guess there's no more chances for me Crying or Very sad

Anyway, I'm from Singapore (it's a TINY country in South-East Asia, and not in China)
Hello rachmaninoffangel! I'm also quite new here (joined two weeks ago) and, like you, had been reading the forum for a long time before I decided to write something. Hope you enjoy being here! It's full of really nice people sunny 

I agree with you about the 3f-3l. It is always said that combinations ending with loop are rarely ratified, but IMO the truth is that they are usually underotated. Yes, they are more difficult, but that's the reason why they are more difficult: not easy to rotate the second jump at all. But I think it's worth the risk as I said in my last post.

Hope you post often! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 229
Join date : 2013-02-21
Location : Yuzu's Bedroom

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:44 am

rachmaninoffangel wrote:
Hey! I just joined this forum after stalking this forum for 3 years (since the 2010 Olympics)! I know, it took me a while!

Well, Mao's 2 3A spurred me to join the forum as I was watching the video and likewise thought that her triple axels were ratified as compared to the 3loop of the 3F-3Lo. In slow mo, her 3Lo looks under rotated :(Hopefully she lands them all cleanly and to her satisfaction during the competitions! I am so EXCITED for the next 3 months and pray that Mao "SKATES the lights out". I always wished that I could watch her compete live, but I guess there's no more chances for me Crying or Very sad

Anyway, I'm from Singapore (it's a TINY country in South-East Asia, and not in China)
Welcome Rachmaninoffangel! We're very glad to have you here. I've been to Singapore and I loved it there. So many things to do and the city was unbelievably clean too.

I'm worried about her 3F-3Lo combo, but also worried about her 2 3As. It seems her first 3A will be alright.. but her second attempt might be a hit-or-miss situation. The last thing Mao needs in Sochi is for 2009 Worlds FS to happen to her again Depressed Crying Unconscious Fried 

_________________

Mao Asada Fan Wub
I WILL tawk like a black person if anyone tawks SHIZ about ma boo..  Evil or Very Mad

To Mao doubters/haters:
Mao is the fabulous Swan Queen and you're fat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 430
Join date : 2012-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:02 am

Mao's spirit of challenge is bad for my heart Unconscious 

And I thought I saw the name of Amano somewhere.
Hope that's not true Sweatdrop 

Welcome to the forum, Rachmaninoffangel!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3545
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:45 am

rachmaninoffangel wrote:
Hey! I just joined this forum after stalking this forum for 3 years (since the 2010 Olympics)! I know, it took me a while!

Well, Mao's 2 3A spurred me to join the forum as I was watching the video and likewise thought that her triple axels were ratified as compared to the 3loop of the 3F-3Lo. In slow mo, her 3Lo looks under rotated :(Hopefully she lands them all cleanly and to her satisfaction during the competitions! I am so EXCITED for the next 3 months and pray that Mao "SKATES the lights out". I always wished that I could watch her compete live, but I guess there's no more chances for me Crying or Very sad

Anyway, I'm from Singapore (it's a TINY country in South-East Asia, and not in China)
Welcome rachmaninoffangel! cheers  Like you, I've also been lurking this forum for a long time, before I joined it 2 years ago.

3Loops as a second jump in a combination are almost never, or one could say never ratified. Mad  I don't know what's going on with the ISU, but this is killing the excitement. Just listen to the audience roar, whenever someone does a combo with a 3Lo. sadly though, most aren't even trying it, since they know it won't get ratified and they'll lose the GOE.

silenceisgolden wrote:
Mao's spirit of challenge is bad for my heart Unconscious

And I thought I saw the name of Amano somewhere.
Hope that's not true
NO! NO! NO! NO!!!!! Frustrated  Come on ISU! Very Mad  I hope it's not true and he's judging men or pairs, or anyone other than ladies. Worship Worship Worship 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3545
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:07 am

linglang wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg834tyWN84

Mao has been doing runthroughs with 2 3As.
Mr. Sato was surprised by her idea of doing 2 3As but agreed to take on challenge.
But he will say NO when she's not ready.
She says she has a back-up scenario of doing 3F-3L, which I'm not quite sure if it helps her at all.

I suppose Mr. Sato agreed because he didn't want to affect her motivation by discouraging 2 3As, maybe?

Anyway, I will stop worrying because I will be among the audience and I don't want to send any bit of negative vibes.  Cheering Cheering Cheering
Thank you for posting this video! Holy cow, she's doing 3F-3Lo as well! I hope she brings it to competition. Her 3A's look so improved. Go Mao! Kick some booty, and leave everyone in dust! Cheering 

I'm so jealous you get to see her live. I'm sending positive vibes too. She can do this. Yep! Rockstar 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rachmaninoffangel



Posts : 52
Join date : 2013-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:42 am

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome Very Happy And I'm @ilovethai, glad that you enjoyed your stay in Singapore!

I can't wait to be discussing the GPF this coming weekend especially since I've been going crazy and anxious alone for the past 3 years Shocked and then there will be Japanese nationals, maybe 4CC and Olympics. Who knows, maybe worlds too! Gosh. I wished I understood Japanese and could understand whatever she said in the interview. All the best Mao cheers 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 286
Join date : 2012-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:25 pm

linglang wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg834tyWN84

Mao has been doing runthroughs with 2 3As.
Mr. Sato was surprised by her idea of doing 2 3As but agreed to take on challenge.
But he will say NO when she's not ready.
She says she has a back-up scenario of doing 3F-3L, which I'm not quite sure if it helps her at all.

I suppose Mr. Sato agreed because he didn't want to affect her motivation by discouraging 2 3As, maybe?

Anyway, I will stop worrying because I will be among the audience and I don't want to send any bit of negative vibes.  Cheering Cheering Cheering
Thank you! Well, two 3As is Panic! for us (fans), but if she lands them along with all her triples, Happy dance Happy dance Happy dance I will be cheering for Mao, I'm so excited for this GPF! Hell, no! 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 229
Join date : 2013-02-21
Location : Yuzu's Bedroom

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:34 pm

silenceisgolden wrote:
And I thought I saw the name of Amano somewhere.
Hope that's not true Sweatdrop 
Oh hellll naw. Dat little punk-ass excuse fo a caller betta nat be anywhere near dem skaterz. Unless he gon' want some ass kickin from this nigga.

Sorry. My inner ghetto self came out. Fried

_________________

Mao Asada Fan Wub
I WILL tawk like a black person if anyone tawks SHIZ about ma boo..  Evil or Very Mad

To Mao doubters/haters:
Mao is the fabulous Swan Queen and you're fat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3545
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:57 pm

ilovethai wrote:
silenceisgolden wrote:
And I thought I saw the name of Amano somewhere.
Hope that's not true Sweatdrop 
Oh hellll naw. Dat little punk-ass excuse fo a caller betta nat be anywhere near dem skaterz. Unless he gon' want some ass kickin from this nigga.

Sorry. My inner ghetto self came out. Fried
ROTFLMAO  Love it.

Well, according to some, Amano seems to get along with mr. Sato, so hopefully his jealousy over Mao's 3A has, if not vanished, than at least diminished significantly. Worship  I mean anyone can see, that she isn't only a jumping bean anymore who's relying on her 3A. Her overall skating has improved so much, it's a whole new Mao. Swoon 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1810
Join date : 2009-05-07
Location : la-la-land

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:09 pm

Welcome, rachmaninoffangel!

Though I'm not from SG, I lived in there for two years and always visit my friends there every year. sarahjoanne419 in this forum is from SG so you're not going to be alone. Smile I hope you post more often.

Mao's 3As are looking good and more solid compared to SA and NHK and I am hoping, hoping, hoping that she'll finally land them clean at GPF. What's the base value of a 3A+2T combo now? The 3Lo in the 3F+3Lo combo definitely looked higher now compared to before but still both 3A+2T and 3F+3Lo are risky elements... even the solo 3A.

They'll have practice sessions later so I hope we'll get more news but Mao seems to be in good spirit so I'm gonna stop worrying in case I channel all my worries to her. I wanna channel good vibes for her.

And linglang, please cheer loudly for Mao for us! And don't forget to enjoy the competition.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1035
Join date : 2008-11-18
Age : 32
Location : Montreal, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:20 pm

I'm not sure I get this video... Is she planning 3A, 3A-2t and then 3F-3l? That looks like the layout she did in practice... replacing the lutz with a 3-3... But how is she going to make that layout work?

I wrote it down but I don't have time to play with it...

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BowbowDaijin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 262
Join date : 2009-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:41 pm

I think it will be
PLAN 1
3A --> 3A+2T --> 3Lz --> 2A+3T --> 3S --> 3F+2L+2L --> 3L
PLAN 2
3A --> 3F+3L --> 3Lz --> 2A+3T --> 3S --> 3F+2L+2L --> 3L

The video clip shows the case Mao cannot jump 3A+2T and pass
through and immediately commit 3F+3L.
Perhaps she should calculate the time for transition to make no
difference between these two layouts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tinalulu



Posts : 8
Join date : 2011-08-14
Location : Beijing China

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:16 pm

The video showed thar the third jump would be either a solo 3F or a 3F3L combo, so here is my guess;) 

Plan1:
3A 3A2T 3F -- 2A3T 3Lz 2F2L2L 3L

Plan2:
3A 2A/1A 3F -- 2A3T 3Lz 2F2L2L 3L

The only ploblem is that the into step of 3Lz is very different form the original 3S, and a 3Lz needs more time to prepare.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abdiel
Triple Flip
Triple Flip


Posts : 207
Join date : 2011-11-27
Location : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:38 pm

Welcome, rachmaninoffangel!

I'm excited that Mao is pulling out the big guns she's been keeping under wraps in her practices. 2 3A's, a 3-3 is no piece of cake! I'd also like to send positive vibes to Mao in her final GPF. Good luck! No matter what happens, I'll always be a Mao fan and will keep rooting for her on her road to Sochi!! Woot! 

I also noticed that a 3Lo-3Tx (10.12, if past the halfway point) is worth more than a 3Lz-3T (10.10, before the halfway point but 11.11 if past the halfway point), based on NHK Trophy 2013 Ladies' SP and Men's SP protocol. I wonder if Elena Radionova will stick with her 3Lz-3T, 3Lo, 2A line up, or she'll change to 3Lz, 3Lo-3T, 2A. But since it's harder for a combo to be done past the halfway point, I think it'll be the former lay out.

_________________
"Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." ~Hebrews 13:5
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
avatar

Posts : 886
Join date : 2012-03-31
Location : Hanoi, Vietnam

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:16 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:


And I thought I saw the name of Amano somewhere.
Hope that's not true
NO! NO! NO! NO!!!!! Frustrated  Come on ISU! Very Mad  I hope it's not true and he's judging men or pairs, or anyone other than ladies. Worship Worship Worship 
[/quote]I read somewhere that Amano has been demoted from the position of chief technical specialist. I hope so.
Btw, welcome rachmaninoffangelcheers Glad to see Mao fans from all over the world.

_________________
Even when you have raised up the temperature up to 99 degrees, it is said the water can never get to the boiling point if you fail to have the last one degree get past 99. The thing that boils the water is the last one degree. [The key to a success] is none other than enduring that last 1 minute when you feel like giving up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix Final 2013   

Back to top Go down
 
Grand Prix Final 2013
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 29Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 29  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Judo Grand Prix Rijeka 2013-THE VIDEOS Complete Final Blocks & More!
» Grand Prix Almaty 2013-VIDEO GALLERY (15 October 2013)
» GRAND PRIX MIAMI 2013-VIDEO GALLERY (updated 11 July 2013)
» PartyPoker.com World Grand Prix Darts 2013 discussion thread
» Miami World Cup is now IJF Grand Prix Miami

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ballerina on Ice :: Figure Skating :: Competitions & Shows Discussion-
Jump to: