HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Other Nationals

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Iceriver
Double Axel
Double Axel


Posts : 181
Join date : 2013-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:26 pm

Talking about the dance pairs, I've alway preferred Ilinykh/Katsalapov over Bobrova /Soloviev. I don't know why but, despite admitting that they are a good pair, I've never found Ekaterina and Dimitri "special" the way most of the skaters I like are. For me, Mao is special, Yuna is special and Akiko and Dai and Virtue/Moir and Davis/White, etc...they move me in a way or another but I don't get this vibe from B/S. The typical Morozovian choreography that all I/K programs' exude are not my cup of tea, but at least I perceive a special feeling between them, not to speak of their speed and good flow. I came to appreciate them more when I saw them live at TEB last month.

Sorry if I sounded too harsh saying this about B/S, it's just my opinion. It can be my fault, though... because I'm not able to appreciate their qualities or they just don't have the style I like the most.


ilovethai wrote:
Iceriver wrote:


Ice cream? Snow  Poor guys  lol!
Yaass  Laughing preferably with their clothes off hahaha
Sorry... i'm getting off-topic  clown silent silent

I supposed that ( lol!  I don't know why...I'm starting to worry) , and this is why I said "poor guys!!!". I guess they are used to the icy cold but not to such an extent. I'm not going to add anything else   Hell, no! 

BTW, is Elena still dating Morozov? It's a strange relationship, isn't it? Elena is so young and beautiful and lovely  Love Hearts  and Morozov is so...well, he's Morozov
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 229
Join date : 2013-02-21
Location : Yuzu's Bedroom

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:58 pm

Iceriver wrote:
Talking about the dance pairs, I've alway preferred Ilinykh/Katsalapov over Bobrova /Soloviev. I don't know why but, despite admitting that they are a good pair, I've never found Ekaterina and Dimitri "special" the way most of the skaters I like are. For me, Mao is special, Yuna is special and Akiko and Dai and Virtue/Moir and Davis/White, etc...they move me in a way or another but I don't get this vibe from B/S. The typical Morozovian choreography that all I/K programs' exude are not my cup of tea, but at least I perceive a special feeling between them, not to speak of their speed and good flow. I came to appreciate them more when I saw them live at TEB last month.

Sorry if I sounded too harsh saying this about B/S, it's just my opinion. It can be my fault, though... because I'm not able to appreciate their qualities or they just don't have the style I like the most.


ilovethai wrote:
Iceriver wrote:


Ice cream? Snow  Poor guys  lol!
Yaass  Laughing preferably with their clothes off hahaha
Sorry... i'm getting off-topic  clown silent silent

I supposed that ( lol!  I don't know why...I'm starting to worry) , and this is why I said "poor guys!!!". I guess they are used to the icy cold but not to such an extent. I'm not going to add anything else   Hell, no! 

BTW, is Elena still dating Morozov? It's a strange relationship, isn't it? Elena is so young and beautiful and lovely  Love Hearts  and Morozov is so...well, he's Morozov
I have to agree with you.. in regards to those 2 pairs this particular season. Illynhk and Katsalapov's Swan Lake FD has some great moments. I don't really like Bobrova and Soloviev's FD. Their lines are a bit sloppy and incongruous.. plus their lifts don't have that WOW factor like Meryl and Charlie's lifts. Bobrova's legs are long and gangly-looking too.

Are B/S really gonna be the Olympic Bronze Medalists in Sochi?  Neutral

and about the ice cream... if it's too cold... we can change it to whipped cream  Razz Wink

_________________

Mao Asada Fan Wub
I WILL tawk like a black person if anyone tawks SHIZ about ma boo..  Evil or Very Mad

To Mao doubters/haters:
Mao is the fabulous Swan Queen and you're fat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2008-10-16
Age : 28
Location : Russia,Spb

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:11 am

Well, I'm also will be honest here. I'm tired of all that "IK are so special" thing. Yes they are talented, but also are BS. But they at least can skate to their potential, and last season, then everyone wrote them off, they showed a consistent skating and earned a medal. I agree this season FD is not their best at all. But as you know technique and skating skills  matter the most. And BS has it all and I'm sure they will bring their best at Sochi.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iceriver
Double Axel
Double Axel


Posts : 181
Join date : 2013-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:25 am

polosatik wrote:
Well, I'm also will be honest here. I'm tired of all that "IK are so special" thing. Yes they are talented, but also are BS. But they at least can skate to their potential, and last season, then everyone wrote them off, they showed a consistent skating and earned a medal. I agree this season FD is not their best at all. But as you know technique and skating skills  matter the most. And BS has it all and I'm sure they will bring their best at Sochi.

Yes I know their skating skills and technique  are great. My fault for using the word "special" because it's not accurate and sound like I was implying that B/S are not good...it was not the best way to say it. The truth is that I prefer I/K but that is only a personal opinion. Sorry if I offended you, it was not my intention to insult Brobova and Soloviev.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2008-10-16
Age : 28
Location : Russia,Spb

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:05 am

Iceriver wrote:
polosatik wrote:
Well, I'm also will be honest here. I'm tired of all that "IK are so special" thing. Yes they are talented, but also are BS. But they at least can skate to their potential, and last season, then everyone wrote them off, they showed a consistent skating and earned a medal. I agree this season FD is not their best at all. But as you know technique and skating skills  matter the most. And BS has it all and I'm sure they will bring their best at Sochi.

Yes I know their skating skills and technique  are great. My fault for using the word "special" because it's not accurate and sound like I was implying that B/S are not good...it was not the best way to say it. The truth is that I prefer I/K but that is only a personal opinion. Sorry if I offended you, it was not my intention to insult Brobova and Soloviev.
You don't have to be sorry. We just have different taste and that's great. Smile Like a follower of these two couples since 2009, I have expected a lot from IK. Of course maybe I should not have, but they were presented like second VM or even better. But they're not born hardworkers and it effected them. While BS worked really hard even with that trash programs they had, they did so much and improved a lot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 229
Join date : 2013-02-21
Location : Yuzu's Bedroom

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:23 am

I have to be honest tho. I don't watch or know about Ice Dance that much so I'm not entitled to give too many opinions regarding any of the dance pairs. I'm always comparing any dance pair I watch to Virtue/Moir and Davis/White.. and to be honest, I'm only watching IK and BS cause Katsalapov and Soloviev are cute  Embarassed I love you Too sweet! 

_________________

Mao Asada Fan Wub
I WILL tawk like a black person if anyone tawks SHIZ about ma boo..  Evil or Very Mad

To Mao doubters/haters:
Mao is the fabulous Swan Queen and you're fat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3545
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:19 pm

polosatik wrote:

You don't have to be sorry. We just have different taste and that's great. Smile Like a follower of these two couples since 2009, I have expected a lot from IK. Of course maybe I should not have, but they were presented like second VM or even better. But they're not born hardworkers and it effected them. While BS worked really hard even with that trash programs they had, they did so much and improved  a lot.

Completely agree. And this shows that no matter how talented you are, without the hard work and sacrifice you'll never make it to the top.

What I don't understand though, is why were B/S given such a crappy program in an Olympic year, when they are being a bronze medal contenders.  confused Disappointed Bad idea! 

Say what you want about Morozov's crap, Swan Lake FD has wow moments, and I/k have broken 100 points in FD with it, while B/S's best score is in high 90's.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 657
Join date : 2009-01-14
Age : 31
Location : MÉXICO

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:21 pm

the only wow moment of swan lake of I/K is the first lift, the rest of the program is very ordinary and not difficult, even the first lift is very beautiful but not difficult, I prefer their SD, but in general they are not very special for me like D/W, V/M, P/W and the Shibs. And I know I am crazy but I like the birds program of B/S  Lips sealed , except the last scream and costumes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2008-10-16
Age : 28
Location : Russia,Spb

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:04 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
polosatik wrote:

You don't have to be sorry. We just have different taste and that's great. Smile Like a follower of these two couples since 2009, I have expected a lot from IK. Of course maybe I should not have, but they were presented like second VM or even better. But they're not born hardworkers and it effected them. While BS worked really hard even with that trash programs they had, they did so much and improved  a lot.

Completely agree. And this shows that no matter how talented you are, without the hard work and sacrifice you'll never make it to the top.

What I don't understand though, is why were B/S given such a crappy program in an Olympic year, when they are being a bronze medal contenders.  confused Disappointed Bad idea! 

Say what you want about Morozov's crap, Swan Lake FD has wow moments, and I/k have broken 100 points in FD with it, while B/S's best score is in high 90's.

Well this program for sure is for ones who are watching live,cause my friends from Russian forum who hated this dance, after seeing live were actually really surprised. If skated clean it's a program for showing their skills and you know skaters are not making programs for audience but for the judges. And like chapis said IK program is quite simple and BS didn't have time to make their difficult program consistent, that's why they messing up and score is not high. They decided to skip Europeans and to fully prepare for the Olympics. They just need time. But if clean my bet is they will get the bronze.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2008-10-16
Age : 28
Location : Russia,Spb

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:07 pm

chapis wrote:
the only wow moment of swan lake of I/K is the first lift, the rest of the program is very ordinary and not difficult, even the first lift is very beautiful but not difficult, I prefer their SD, but in general they are not very special for me like D/W, V/M, P/W and the Shibs. And I know I am crazy but I like the birds program of B/S  Lips sealed , except the last scream and costumes.
I loved the first version of it with different music, but for now I think it's an ok program. And I liked their costumes at Russian nationals.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3545
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:45 pm

polosatik wrote:

Well this program for sure is for ones who are watching live,cause my friends from Russian forum who hated this dance, after seeing live were actually really surprised. If skated clean it's a program for showing their skills and you know skaters are not making programs for audience but for the judges. And like chapis said IK program is quite simple and BS didn't have time to make their difficult program consistent, that's why they messing up and score is not high. They decided to skip Europeans and to fully prepare for the Olympics. They just need time. But if clean my bet is they will get the bronze.

I really like the first part of the program (Vivaldi), but then it goes downhill. I'm cheering for them to be on the podium in Sochi.
I think it was a wise decision to skip Euros, even though some on other forums don't agree. They can't afford to compete and not be at 100% so close to Olympics. I hope they'll wow everyone in Sochi.  cheers 

chapis wrote:
the only wow moment of swan lake of I/K is the first lift, the rest of the program is very ordinary and not difficult, even the first lift is very beautiful but not difficult, I prefer their SD, but in general they are not very special for me like D/W, V/M, P/W and the Shibs.

IMO, D/W are in a league of their own, I don't really get all the love and excitment about V/M (I find them boring), but then I don't know much about Ice dance.

I/K may have an easy program, but they are selling it, and because of the great music the program itself looks good. I really hope B/S will blow all the bronze medal contenders away and hopefully, after Sochi I/k are going to change coaches.  Worship 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
avatar

Posts : 886
Join date : 2012-03-31
Location : Hanoi, Vietnam

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:16 pm

[quote="ilovethai"]
Iceriver wrote:
Talking about the dance pairs, I've alway preferred Ilinykh/Katsalapov over Bobrova /Soloviev. I don't know why but, despite admitting that they are a good pair, I've never found Ekaterina and Dimitri "special" the way most of the skaters I like are. For me, Mao is special, Yuna is special and Akiko and Dai and Virtue/Moir and Davis/White, etc...they move me in a way or another but I don't get this vibe from B/S. The typical Morozovian choreography that all I/K programs' exude are not my cup of tea, but at least I perceive a special feeling between them, not to speak of their speed and good flow. I came to appreciate them more when I saw them live at TEB last month.

Sorry if I sounded too harsh saying this about B/S, it's just my opinion. It can be my fault, though... because I'm not able to appreciate their qualities or they just don't have the style I like the most.


ilovethai wrote:
Iceriver wrote:


Ice cream? Snow  Poor guys  lol!
Yaass  Laughing preferably with their clothes off hahaha
Sorry... i'm getting off-topic  clown silent silent

I supposed that ( lol!  I don't know why...I'm starting to worry) , and this is why I said "poor guys!!!". I guess they are used to the icy cold but not to such an extent. I'm not going to add anything else   Hell, no! 


I love I/K star quality and admire B/S's work ethics. I don't mind B/S being the bronze medalists, since they have the home advantage and they've been working hard to show that they're a challenger for the bronze. I/K have to blame themselves. They have many qualities to be the top pair after V/M and D/W retire, and their attractiveness and charisma can give them a score advantage over superior technical pairs if they skate lights out. I guess some people are just not cut out to be champions  Bawling 

_________________
Even when you have raised up the temperature up to 99 degrees, it is said the water can never get to the boiling point if you fail to have the last one degree get past 99. The thing that boils the water is the last one degree. [The key to a success] is none other than enduring that last 1 minute when you feel like giving up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 428
Join date : 2012-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:58 am

So-Youn Park in a bit familiar-looking costume  Wink  at Korean Nationals.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abdiel
Triple Flip
Triple Flip


Posts : 207
Join date : 2011-11-27
Location : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:18 am

silenceisgolden wrote:
So-Youn Park in a bit familiar-looking costume  Wink  at Korean Nationals.


She's skating to The Swan, so no wonder she'll be using a Swan costume but that Swan costume and Mao's Swan Lake costume... Mushy Love 

The smile is a winner too!

_________________
"Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." ~Hebrews 13:5
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 229
Join date : 2013-02-21
Location : Yuzu's Bedroom

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:42 pm

I actually like Virtue & Moir's FD this season. It's a lyrical love story played out on the ice. Their chemistry works wonders. Their first lift is like a pose for a Renassaince-era sculpture of 2 lovers. Scott is as handsome as ever (not to mention dat ass Wink ) but Tessa's body (I really hate to say it) is a rather big distraction for me. She's very big-boned and muscly, especially in that sleveless dress. I compare her to Meryl, who is willowy, lissome, and has that look of vulnerability which suits the Scheherezade character (even though I think Meryl looks anorexic sometimes).

_________________

Mao Asada Fan Wub
I WILL tawk like a black person if anyone tawks SHIZ about ma boo..  Evil or Very Mad

To Mao doubters/haters:
Mao is the fabulous Swan Queen and you're fat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 657
Join date : 2009-01-14
Age : 31
Location : MÉXICO

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:32 pm

ilovethai wrote:
I actually like Virtue & Moir's FD this season. It's a lyrical love story played out on the ice. Their chemistry works wonders. Their first lift is like a pose for a Renassaince-era sculpture of 2 lovers. Scott is as handsome as ever (not to mention dat ass Wink) but Tessa's body (I really hate to say it) is a rather big distraction for me. She's very big-boned and muscly, especially in that sleveless dress. I compare her to Meryl, who is willowy, lissome, and has that look of vulnerability which suits the Scheherezade character (even though I think Meryl looks anorexic sometimes).
Excuse me but you are in the correct thread? Or you are anticipating Canandian ntls? Suspect  Laughing 
By The way, I think The contrary, Scott is not handsome,are you seen his nose? Lips sealed  , tessa is a beauty, Meryl too but I needed watch her a lot of times to apreciate her beauty.And I hate V/M FD!it is so boring and her dresses had been horribles.

ETA. Ok, i got it, you are commenting  for The ice dances teams above lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
avatar

Posts : 886
Join date : 2012-03-31
Location : Hanoi, Vietnam

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:27 pm

silenceisgolden wrote:
So-Youn Park in a bit familiar-looking costume  Wink  at Korean Nationals.


thanks, I've recently become fan of this lovely girl. She looks more beautiful and elegant when she's skating.

ilovethai wrote:
I actually like Virtue & Moir's FD this season. It's a lyrical love story played out on the ice. Their chemistry works wonders. Their first lift is like a pose for a Renassaince-era sculpture of 2 lovers. Scott is as handsome as ever (not to mention dat ass Wink) but Tessa's body (I really hate to say it) is a rather big distraction for me. She's very big-boned and muscly, especially in that sleveless dress. I compare her to Meryl, who is willowy, lissome, and has that look of vulnerability which suits the Scheherezade character (even though I think Meryl looks anorexic sometimes).

You're so romantic. Do you happen to be a renaissance admirer  Razz 

_________________
Even when you have raised up the temperature up to 99 degrees, it is said the water can never get to the boiling point if you fail to have the last one degree get past 99. The thing that boils the water is the last one degree. [The key to a success] is none other than enduring that last 1 minute when you feel like giving up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 229
Join date : 2013-02-21
Location : Yuzu's Bedroom

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:14 am

chapis wrote:
ilovethai wrote:
I actually like Virtue & Moir's FD this season. It's a lyrical love story played out on the ice. Their chemistry works wonders. Their first lift is like a pose for a Renassaince-era sculpture of 2 lovers. Scott is as handsome as ever (not to mention dat ass Wink) but Tessa's body (I really hate to say it) is a rather big distraction for me. She's very big-boned and muscly, especially in that sleveless dress. I compare her to Meryl, who is willowy, lissome, and has that look of vulnerability which suits the Scheherezade character (even though I think Meryl looks anorexic sometimes).
Excuse me but you are in the correct thread? Or you are anticipating Canandian ntls? Suspect  Laughing 
By The way, I think The contrary, Scott is not handsome,are you seen his nose? Lips sealed  , tessa is a beauty, Meryl too but I needed watch her a lot of times to apreciate her beauty.And I hate V/M FD!it is so boring and her dresses had been horribles.

ETA. Ok, i got it, you are commenting  for The ice dances teams above lol!

OMG HHAHAHAHAHAH. I laughed so much when I read your comment about Scott's nose  geek lol! lol!  Well.. it's true his nose is a bit... crooked  silent Wink  but when you look at Scott from far away, he looks very dashing.. and he has a nice butt too  Razz 

Tessa is definitely a pretty girl.. I agree with you. It's just that pink dress she's wearing makes her look fat and bulbous... and makes her arms look like she's a World Champion arm wrestler... and she's NOT fat at all.

_________________

Mao Asada Fan Wub
I WILL tawk like a black person if anyone tawks SHIZ about ma boo..  Evil or Very Mad

To Mao doubters/haters:
Mao is the fabulous Swan Queen and you're fat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 657
Join date : 2009-01-14
Age : 31
Location : MÉXICO

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:20 pm

thir girl So- Youn Park is great, and with a lovely program and dress  Mushy Love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSbrPgF7-eU
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iceriver
Double Axel
Double Axel


Posts : 181
Join date : 2013-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:35 pm

ilovethai wrote:
I actually like Virtue & Moir's FD this season. It's a lyrical love story played out on the ice. Their chemistry works wonders. Their first lift is like a pose for a Renassaince-era sculpture of 2 lovers. Scott is as handsome as ever (not to mention dat ass Wink) but Tessa's body (I really hate to say it) is a rather big distraction for me. She's very big-boned and muscly, especially in that sleveless dress. I compare her to Meryl, who is willowy, lissome, and has that look of vulnerability which suits the Scheherezade character (even though I think Meryl looks anorexic sometimes).

I find Tessa and Scott's FD really elegant and subtle. However, when I saw them live at the Bompard in November their program left me (and a big part of the audience) cold. Believe me, Elena and Nikita received a much more enthusiastic applause at the end of their program, and honestly I was not crazy about that FD when I saw it for the first time on TV. So I had a strange feeling regarding V/M's program, it's a beautiful skate but neither impressive nor spectacular...I suppose that one of the problems is the lack of a climatic end, something like D/W's Scheherazade or Mao's Rach step sequence.

And about Tessa and Scott...I entered the hotel in front of the Paris Bercy just before the dance final started and I suddenly realised that they were both in front of me walking in the other direction (leaving the hotel) so I could see them up close, although just for a few seconds because they were walking fast. First I saw Scott and I was surprised because I thought he was taller, I guess that's because he's quite thin and because TV makes everyone look bigger (I don't mean fatter but bigger in general). He was very serious (I didn't even dare to say anything...) and nothing special compared to TV, just a normal guy. But then...ooooh my, Tessa appeared  Love Hearts . She is stunning, nothing "big" or "fat" or muscular, NO, just a gorgeous girl walking gracefully between all the fans. I basically saw her face, she already had her make-up on and was incredible. And on the ice she doesn't look as big as it seems on TV. The same for Ashley, she's much smaller than I had thought. I insisted on how gorgeous Tessa looked because it was something rather remarkable...I kept staring at her but he looked very serious and concentrated, not paying attention to anyone.

Ouch, I wrote too much  Embarassed ... again  Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
avatar

Posts : 886
Join date : 2012-03-31
Location : Hanoi, Vietnam

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:39 pm

Iceriver wrote:


I find Tessa and Scott's FD really elegant and subtle. However, when I saw them live at the Bompard in November their program left me (and a big part of the audience) cold. Believe me, Elena and Nikita received a much more enthusiastic applause at the end of their program, and honestly I was not crazy about that FD when I saw it for the first time on TV. So I had a strange feeling regarding V/M's program, it's a beautiful skate but neither impressive nor spectacular...I suppose that one of the problems is the lack of a climatic end, something like D/W's Scheherazade or Mao's Rach step sequence.

And about Tessa and Scott...I entered the hotel in front of the Paris Bercy just before the dance final started and I suddenly realised that they were both in front of me walking in the other direction (leaving the hotel) so I could see them up close, although just for a few seconds because they were walking fast. First I saw Scott and I was surprised because I thought he was taller, I guess that's because he's quite thin and because TV makes everyone look bigger (I don't mean fatter but bigger in general). He was very serious (I didn't even dare to say anything...) and nothing special compared to TV, just a normal guy. But then...ooooh my, Tessa appeared  Love Hearts . She is stunning, nothing "big" or "fat" or muscular, NO, just a gorgeous girl walking gracefully between all the fans. I basically saw her face, she already had her make-up on and was incredible. And on the ice she doesn't look as big as it seems on TV. The same for Ashley, she's much smaller than I had thought. I insisted on how gorgeous Tessa looked because it was something rather remarkable...I kept staring at her but he looked very serious and concentrated, not paying attention to anyone.

Ouch, I wrote too much  Embarassed ... again  Wink

You're so lucky. Some of our members who saw Meryl in person said that she's gorgeous beyond words  Encore . I don't think any skater can be fat. They're either small-boned/lanky or big-boned/muscular. Tessa is only 1.60m, below average. So is Ashley.
Do you get to see other skaters?

_________________
Even when you have raised up the temperature up to 99 degrees, it is said the water can never get to the boiling point if you fail to have the last one degree get past 99. The thing that boils the water is the last one degree. [The key to a success] is none other than enduring that last 1 minute when you feel like giving up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel


Posts : 839
Join date : 2011-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:49 pm

chapis wrote:
thir girl So- Youn Park is great, and with a lovely program and dress  Mushy Love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSbrPgF7-eU

Question: so if Hae Jin and So Youn are assigned to WC, does this mean KFS/KSF is giving up a third spot, or do they have a 3rd lady competitor who's eligible (both in terms of age and reaching MTES)?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 657
Join date : 2009-01-14
Age : 31
Location : MÉXICO

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:41 pm

COHK wrote:
chapis wrote:
thir girl So- Youn Park is great, and with a lovely program and dress  Mushy Love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSbrPgF7-eU

Question: so if Hae Jin and So Youn are assigned to WC, does this mean KFS/KSF is giving up a third spot, or do they have a 3rd lady competitor who's eligible (both in terms of age and reaching MTES)?

I am not 100% sure but I understand that only both girls classified. Or may be they are keep yuna´s place in case she change her mind. But she repeated a lot of times that OG are her last comp.  Yep! 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
avatar

Posts : 886
Join date : 2012-03-31
Location : Hanoi, Vietnam

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:08 am

COHK wrote:
chapis wrote:
thir girl So- Youn Park is great, and with a lovely program and dress  Mushy Love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSbrPgF7-eU

Question: so if Hae Jin and So Youn are assigned to WC, does this mean KFS/KSF is giving up a third spot, or do they have a 3rd lady competitor who's eligible (both in terms of age and reaching MTES)?
I'm wondering the same. Dabin, Kyu-Eun and Na-Hyun, who placed 4th, 5th and 6th respectively are all age ineligible. I guess the rest didn't meet MTES.

_________________
Even when you have raised up the temperature up to 99 degrees, it is said the water can never get to the boiling point if you fail to have the last one degree get past 99. The thing that boils the water is the last one degree. [The key to a success] is none other than enduring that last 1 minute when you feel like giving up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel


Posts : 892
Join date : 2010-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:32 pm

Regarding the Tessa thing - I have also seen Tessa in person. While she is not fat, she is NOT skinny. She is a good size. Keep in mind that the camera adds something like 10 pounds (at least) to anybody's figure. Tessa might appear to be bigger than a lot of the other ice dance girls because most of them are REALLY thin. Meryl, Elena, and even Maia are TINY people!

That said, figure skating is all about appearance, and Tessa did appear (even in person) a bit big in her "Funny Face" costume (I saw her at 4CC 2012). In fact, Scott looked smaller than she did, but it was just an illusion thanks to the tightness of that dress. When you're working with a costume designer, it cannot be hard to design a costume that makes you look nice. Meryl does it all the time. There is no reason why Tessa can't. If her current designer isn't working for her, she really should switch!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Other Nationals   

Back to top Go down
 
Other Nationals
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Similar topics
-
» GS Nationals 2008
» Van Nationals 2010 Photo gallery
» usa nationals...
» The 38 th West Coast Van Nationals at King City 2010
» Flyer for 39th Nationals 2011

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ballerina on Ice :: Figure Skating :: Competitions & Shows Discussion-
Jump to: