HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Sochi Olympics 2014!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
rachmaninoffangel



Posts : 52
Join date : 2013-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:08 am

I think I've been bursting from excitement and nervousness at the same time. I've been praying for her to do her best! And thanks so much for the Mao updates. I'll never know what's going on if not for y'all.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3545
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:09 am

linglang wrote:
http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2014/02/06/kiji/K20140206007533200.html

Mao did practice at a practice rink in the afternoon. (Practice at the main rink was in the morning.)
She did warm up, SP runthrough without jumps and landed three 3A in a row.

Thank you!

 Dance  Why do I get the feeling that Mao is on fire.  cheers  Go girl!  Boogie

COHK wrote:
It's probably already announced. I remember reading about the info on twitter. But I didn't take a note about with whom the Jpn ladies will be practicing. The other thing came to me is that, the practice earlier today was actually for the single event (not for the skaters of team event). Since Mao was having the whole rink to herself, I don't think Jpn ladies are grouped together with any other country participating in the team event. (BTW, I don't think Jpn ladies are grouped together with Korean skaters...or there might be further media fight...)

Thanx COHK, I'll try to find it. IMO, Jpn ladies are probably in the same group with those countries who have only one entry. No sane person would put Japanese and Korean skaters in the same group.  Hell, no! 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3545
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:17 am

inskate wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:

And another question, will there be non geo-blocked links available for the team event?

1. Download Chrome.
2. Download Hola Better Internet: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hola-better-internet/gkojfkhlekighikafcpjkiklfbnlmeio
3. Enjoy the geo-blocked videos!  cheers 

I discovered it while trying to watch a geo-blocked Hannibal S02 trailer (Hugh Dancy  Cloud 9 ). Works on Youtube, www.nbcolympics.com (just watched clips from Ashley's practice) and other websites.  sunny

Thank you so much!  Thank you! 
I'll do this for the ladies team event. I can't wait until saturday.
Assuming, since ladies compete on saturday, Mao won't be at the opening ceremony?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 518
Join date : 2009-01-08
Location : Germany (NRW)

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:29 am

live stream:
http://www.coolsport.tv/nfl-live-streaming-1.html

And I will post the link to the Google hangout later!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1505
Join date : 2010-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:36 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3545
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:45 am

josling wrote:
live stream:
http://www.coolsport.tv/nfl-live-streaming-1.html

And I will post the link to the Google hangout later!!

THANK YOU! Worship Worship Worship 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3545
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:01 am

..It's official, Zhenya is not human. That was freaking unbelievable. If his body can hold it, Patrick and Yuzu better watch out. Unbelievable.  Worship Worship Worship

Chan with not such a good skate. It'll be interesting to see how he'll be scored. Hopefully fair.



Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 2262
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : denmark

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:49 am

yuzuuuuuuuuuu was brilliant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3545
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:52 am

ballerinamao wrote:
yuzuuuuuuuuuu was brilliant

Agree, however, dear judges could've scored him higher, IMO. This deserved close to 100.

And watching Mao in K&C...so cute.  Swoon 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1298
Join date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:53 am

1. Yuzu 97.98
2. Plush 91.39
3. Patrick 89.71

Sounds just fine to me!  flower (Although I expected Yuzuru's score to be higher).

_________________
Good luck, Mao!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 2262
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : denmark

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:56 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
yuzuuuuuuuuuu was brilliant

Agree, however, dear judges could've scored him higher, IMO. This deserved close to 100.

And watching Mao in K&C...so cute.  Swoon 

haha, when yuzu was in the kiss and cry my eyes couldn't leave Mao, I also couldn't help but laugh seeing Mao and Orser in the kiss and cry, it must have felt sooo strange and awkward lol


Last edited by ballerinamao on Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mimmiz



Posts : 17
Join date : 2013-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:57 am

sigh i missed out because my laptop was messing with me but i opened it only to see yuzu scoring 97!! congrats to him! hope he keeps it up for the individual event, also how did plushy skate? i mean 91 is huge but i guess i just have to wait to see his skate.
also is it just me or is the arena so dark? the lighting in Vancouver was so bright but it feels so dark in sochi, the seats don't seem to be full as well :s
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 2262
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : denmark

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:05 am

mimmiz wrote:
sigh i missed out because my laptop was messing with me but i opened it only to see yuzu scoring 97!! congrats to him! hope he keeps it up for the individual event, also how did plushy skate? i mean 91 is huge but i guess i just have to wait to see his skate.
also is it just me or is the arena so dark? the lighting in Vancouver was so bright but it feels so dark in sochi, the seats don't seem to be full as well :s

To me the only noticeable difference, is that the arena is smaller compared to Vancouver
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 781
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Georgia, United States

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:11 am

inskate wrote:
1. Yuzu 97.98
2. Plush 91.39
3. Patrick 89.71

Sounds just fine to me!  flower (Although I expected Yuzuru's score to be higher).

Oh Patty, after proclaiming yourself as the man to beat at Sochi, you're not putting up a convincing argument to back it up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3545
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:14 am

ballerinamao wrote:


To me the only noticeable difference, is that the arena is smaller compared to Vancouver

So this is what's been bothering me. Troughout the competition I've been thinking how much smaller the rink seems compared to Vancouver, however since due to the rules the rink has to be bigger than at worlds, I couldn't put my finger on why this appears to be smaller.

I also prefer the Vancouver rink design.  Escape

shar wrote:
Oh Patty, after proclaiming yourself as the man to beat at Sochi, you're not putting up a convincing argument to back it up.

And the sweetest thing about this is, how Plushenko whom Patty didn't consider a medal threat, just beat him, and he wasn't perfect either.  Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3545
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:26 am

Oh crap, my feed just died.  Depressed Crying 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 2262
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : denmark

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:28 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
Oh crap, my feed just died.  Depressed Crying 

aww, are you using this one:

http://www.coolsport.tv/nfl-live-streaming-1.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3545
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:31 am

ballerinamao wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
Oh crap, my feed just died.  Depressed Crying 

aww, are you using this one:

http://www.coolsport.tv/nfl-live-streaming-1.html

Yes, and after I clicked on yours it started working, mine wouldn't I've refreshed it dozens of times.Whirly  I'm confused... confused 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3545
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:32 am

And now it's dead again.  Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 518
Join date : 2009-01-08
Location : Germany (NRW)

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:39 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2008-10-16
Age : 28
Location : Russia,Spb

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:45 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:


To me the only noticeable difference, is that the arena is smaller compared to Vancouver

So this is what's been bothering me. Troughout the competition I've been thinking how much smaller the rink seems compared to Vancouver, however since due to the rules the rink has to be bigger than at worlds, I couldn't put my finger on why this appears to be smaller.

I also prefer the Vancouver rink design.  Escape

 
But arena is really good inside and the rink is not smaller, only the arena. And I like Sochi design more cause it's more neutral  sunny  I'll be leaving at 15th of February for Sochi, and most fans will come only to individual events, so team event has less fans.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3545
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:04 am

josling wrote:
Maybe this is working better for you?!
http://www.sportlemon.tv/20140206/vv52f3be7bdae249.49932874-741933.html

Thanx, the other one started working again so i hope it'll stay this way untill the end.

polosatik wrote:
But arena is really good inside and the rink is not smaller, only the arena. And I like Sochi design more cause it's more neutral    I'll be leaving at 15th of February for Sochi, and most fans will come only to individual events, so team event has less fans.

I'm soooooo jealous. Cheer very loud for Mao.  cheers 

The thing that's bothering me with this arena is that like mimmiz already said, it appears to be dark.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 657
Join date : 2009-01-14
Age : 31
Location : MÉXICO

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:15 am

polosatik wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:


To me the only noticeable difference, is that the arena is smaller compared to Vancouver

So this is what's been bothering me. Troughout the competition I've been thinking how much smaller the rink seems compared to Vancouver, however since due to the rules the rink has to be bigger than at worlds, I couldn't put my finger on why this appears to be smaller.

I also prefer the Vancouver rink design.  Escape

 
But arena is really good inside and the rink is not smaller, only the arena. And I like Sochi design more cause it's more neutral  sunny  I'll be leaving at 15th of February for Sochi, and most fans will come only to individual events, so team event has less fans.

 Yep!   Thumbs up! 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2008-10-16
Age : 28
Location : Russia,Spb

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:28 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
josling wrote:
Maybe this is working better for you?!
http://www.sportlemon.tv/20140206/vv52f3be7bdae249.49932874-741933.html

Thanx, the other one started working again so i hope it'll stay this way untill the end.

polosatik wrote:
But arena is really good inside and the rink is not smaller, only the arena. And I like Sochi design more cause it's more neutral    I'll be leaving at 15th of February for Sochi, and most fans will come only to individual events, so team event has less fans.

I'm soooooo jealous. Cheer very loud for Mao.  cheers 

The thing that's bothering me with this arena is that like mimmiz already said, it appears to be dark.
Hmm it doesn't look dark to me  scratch But who knows maybe that's my broadcast  Razz 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 418
Join date : 2010-03-08
Location : Lima-Perú

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:55 am

inskate wrote:
1. Yuzu 97.98
2. Plush 91.39
3. Patrick 89.71

Sounds just fine to me!  flower (Although I expected Yuzuru's score to be higher).
 

Hi guys ! I'm working now so i missed the Sochi men SP   Depressed Crying

Thanks for all the updates Thank you!

I'm  so happy to know Plushi and Yuzu results, the King and Prince of figure skating  king 

Let's go team Japan Happy dance

_________________
When I watch Mao's skating I believe in God more!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014!   

Back to top Go down
 
Sochi Olympics 2014!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 42Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 42  Next
 Similar topics
-
» News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI
» Plushenko is prohibited to participate in Olympics in 2014
» 2014 Olympics Men's Free Program
» 2014 Olympics Men's Short Program
» 2014 Olympic Team Event

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ballerina on Ice :: Figure Skating :: Competitions & Shows Discussion-
Jump to: